the werewolf | Teen Ink

the werewolf

By shirleykiller PLATINUM, St Clements, Other
shirleykiller PLATINUM, St Clements, Other

"Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out. but to see who cares enough to tear them down."

Author's note: The idea for this peace came slowly and agonizingly. When I first started with the idea for this book "she" I didn't want to write it but to finish another little did I know that this book would be so much easier and that I would enjoy it more.

My life was ruined by the man who rules the kingdom that I live in his hate would change my life. My parents were peaceful sure there kind often slaughtered humans or at least bit them but my parents never did when ever the moon came out they would hide from its light. I came into the world to loving parents who had been married a year before they had me, and that would be there last year. During a single night one of my parent’s kind, during one of their changes, had slaughtered the wife of the king and he decided then and there that he would destroy my kind. His huntsmen and solders attacked everyone and if a human or other creature tried to hide us they would be killed. Soon I and all my kind had a handsome price upon our heads. some survived but only to be betrayed and found another way except me when the solders came for my parents they hide me away deep in the cave that they called shelter. I was only nine months old yet I still have nightmares of their slaughter the silver weapons sparkling in the moon light that my parents so terribly feared then the solders left with their bodies and burned them along with the rest of their kill that night. So what happened to me? I survived. You see that cave we were staying in was home to a wolf pack, which explains why my parents liked the cave so much. That pack of wolves raised me through their teachings I learned to be tough, how to hunt and how to hide. When the leader in our pack finally died of a hunting wound I was chosen as the next leader of our pack an honor I humbly accepted. Our pack prospered for a long time until a group of hunters hunted us down they destroyed our whole pack except for me who they found interesting and decided to keep. I wanted to mourn over my lost family but I couldn’t I now had a new world to learn my other world the world of monsters or the world of man. Those terrible men kept me as their prisoner for years and did with me as they wished. Some times I was their comforter sometimes I was the place to release their anger. This time solidified the animal within me. I never wanted to be a human they were the monsters not the wolves. But this time of torture would be helpful I now knew both sides the wolf and the human I could communicate in both languages and I knew both societies and that would become my advantage. Finally about three years ago one of the men tried to through his anger at me and I finally found my chance at escape. I transformed that night and slaughtered him then satisfied my stomach and my yearning for freedom for the first time in years. That night I continued as a wolf to keep my self warm and so I was faster and I hid. Then I rested in the most peace I had had for a long time. The next morning I began my new life as both human and wolf. I swore during my imprisonment that I would get back at those men and I did latter that week as the grass absorbed their blood. The next year I would travel trying to find work I really didn’t need work but I needed revenge work just helped me get contacts with the greedy so I could receive what I yearned. Soon roomers spread of me a girl with the animal instinct. Soon if you wanted someone dealt with you would come to me. People talked about how I was possibly the best outlaw ever there is even a joke that if the sheriff of Nottingham could chose between me and Robin Hood he would have hugged robin. My new carrier and my permanent hate for the king is really how this story starts so let the story of the werewolf begin.

I ran through the forest hiding in the shelter it provided I had another task I had a purpose for that night, one that was challenging and that intrigued me. For the first time I could get back at the king and receive my wage at the same time it was a win win situation if I could pull it off. As I ran the full moon glistened off my back and pressured me to loose myself in my animal nature but I fought it by pressuring my body with speed. Finally I burst on top of the hill and there was the location of my pray the castle. It gave me a thrill to see it. I transformed into a human then ran to the city below. I hid in the shadows as best as I could. Hoping that the sentries posted on the city wall couldn’t see me. When my back was against the wall I started searching for a way in. The gate couldn’t work both forms were too big to get through the metal bars so I needed to climb the wall. I finally found the weak spot here there were lots of hand grips and the stone was soft so my claws could dig in to it. Also there were only two sentries a perfect place to break in. I started my climb first with hands and feet but sometimes I needed to dig my claws into the stone there were even times when I used my strong wolf jaws on the stone. The main thing is I made it to the top of the wall barely tiered and ready for the fight. I seamed to have surprised the sentries who were unprepared and tiered from boring night duty. I attacked the one with jaws to the neck as I did the other one came to help his fellow solder I kicked him with my human legs knocking him one the ground and unconscious. When I knew the first one was dead I checked the other and devoured his throat for good measure. When they were both dead I climbed the other side of the wall the same way as I did the first. When I was on the ground I stealthily ran to the castle hiding from humans and creatures wishing for no one to notice me. It was slow work the local dogs often barked and woke the humans but I was never caught. Soon I was looking upon the castle but how to get in? I knew where the kings bed chamber was my employer had told me that much. I went to the back of the castle wall and just as I had suspected the walls were crumbling. It amazes me that kings spend so much time on there fronts and not there backs don’t they know that is where there weaknesses lie. I simply hoped over it and went in though servants’ entrance. There wasn’t anyone there except for a fat guard fast asleep. I would have attacked him too but there was no need. The other sentries had filled my stomach quite nicely so I went in. remembering the maps that my employer showed me I found the kings room easily running into no one until I reached the kings bed chamber. There I found two guards wide awake. I quietly turned into a wolf and jumped at them. They tried to pull out their swords but I slashed the ones throat with my claws. Then using my changed hand grabbed his dagger and stabbed the other as he was coming to protect his friend. Once again it was complete as two bodies lay at my feet. I kept the daggers wishing to stay human for a while. It saves time if I have my own weapons with me especially when I’m human. Using the keys that were on the first guard’s belt I opened the door. Inside was a lavish room with a four poster bed and a decorative fire place to the other side. The ceiling and room in general was hug. It had paintings and decorations everywhere if I had any doubt that this was the king my enemies’ bedchamber it vanished that moment. Clenching my new weapon I crept to the bed I pulled back the curtain and there lying peacefully was the man who with a few words wiped out my entire race and who tore my life apart. I didn’t even know what he looked like until that moment and I was surprised to see him only about the age of thirty with a brown beard and long brown hair. The hatred shone too bright so I finally did what I had dreamed of since my parent’s slaughter I stabbed him in the heart he jumped his eyes flying open as the dagger plunged into his heart his dying eyes locked on mine as I whispered to him
“Take that devil” then he died turning his plush sheets crimson. My employers wanted the king’s death to look like an accident so I went to the fire place using my claws I grabbed a stick of flame and placed it upon his bed. In seconds the sheets were ablaze and soon the walls did also. I knew that in a matter of minutes the whole castle would be up in flames so I booked it out of the castle. I ran down the stars over the castle wall and I started through the town this task was much easier no one noticed me as they were all rushing to the castle to help with the bucket brigade. I went the same way out of the city as I had coming in. I rushed past with the sentries’ dead eyes glaring at me as I finally made my last leap of freedom. Out of the city I ran as fast as I could I was out of the city but I was still not truly free. I didn’t want people to find me so I turned into a wolf and ran using my kinsmen’s footprints as camouflage. I continued to run with a joyful heart I had finally gotten my revenge. The king was dead and his property destroyed now to my employer and my coin.

The flames curled around father as he pounded on the door crying for help but no one came his flesh was turning dark the pain burst forth perching every nerve in his body.
I woke with a jump it had been three days since the fire had penetrated the castle and consumed my father then the tears leaped out of my eyes pouring down my face like the mountain stream. I was weeping on a spar bed since my own room had been consumed by the blaze. I hated myself for surviving I was close enough to the flames so why had I escaped and not father yes he was a deep sleeper but why could he not wake up. A bird sung out side my window why oh why was the bird cheerful why was it stabbing me with its song did it not know it should morn why was it not feeling the way I did. I looked out my window again why oh why was the sun bright did it not know how to grieve why could nature not leave me in peace with my sorrow.

A few minuets later my maid quietly creaped into my room, realizing that I was mourning, she grabbed my cloths for the day ahead and set them upon my bed
“get dressed then I will come in and help you with the rest” so in-between tears I did
when I was dressed I sat on my bed waiting for my maid to come. She soon did she brought a wash cloth and a comb she washed my face clearing it of the tears from today and the night before. Then she reached for the comb and gently undid all of the knots in my golden tuff of hair.
“There you look good as new” I smiled at her just longing for her to leave me alone. As she was leaving my room she turned back
“Oh! You are wanted in the throne room.” Why could no one leave me alone but I picked myself up and left my room heading to the throne room. As I walked down the hall I passed many people. Some I tried to make eye contact with but they just ignored me, others would look at me, but with sorrow in their eyes I had honestly tried to be polite I was the prince after all and I should behave properly.
I had finally made it into the throne room. There I found the council of ten these were my fathers closest companions and advisors. Though most were different for many had died recently from strange or natural causes but in front of them was my fathers seconding command he was tall with brood shoulders he was a military man in build but a politician in the mind. so why would they wish to speak to me I had nothing to offer them and this puzzled me.
“good morning master Daniel” then they all bowed to me. Why such formality? They never treated me this way if anything they treated as a little kid grabbing on to my fathers pants it just didn’t make sense. Why were they all still hunched over? Oh! Right!
“Arise sirs your respect has been well appreciated”
“Thank you sir and my we say we feel terrible for your loss. Your father was a good man and a fine king”
“Thank you”
“But down to business, as it happens it is the matter of the kings death that we wish to speak to you of” this sparked Danny’s interest. Why would they consult me? They barely consulted father. This puzzle just got more and more twisted.
“As I’m sure you know, your father’s heir must be decided. Your father, because of his untimely death, never said who his successor should be. Considering our customs and traditions, we believe that you, as a part of your inheritance, must be the new king.” Danny didn’t know what to say. He believed that yes he should one day receive the throne, but now he was only 15! A mere boy! He had no right to rule a kingdom! Then he realized, he was the only one with that right.

“So your highness will you accept the throne?”
“I believe I must for who else has the right to it.”

“Wisely spoken sir we must talk about you coronation it must be soon we don’t want the people to live without a leader for too long, we must give them back a king”
“yes sir” then he clapped as to summon someone. In came a skinny tall man
“Sir, you called for me?”
“Yes please get Sir Daniel’s robes. We want to start making him look like the king he rightfully is.”
“Yes sir”
“And Daniel I will call for you after your fitting I wish to make sure you understand the fundamentals of the coronation.”
“Yes sir” then he clapped his hands once more and another tall skinny man walked into the room.
“You called for me sir?”
“yes please make the arrangements for the coronation we want a new king as soon as possible”
“If I may sir, I can do it in a minimum of 3 days”
“Are you out of your mind! How are you still in this employment position?! Fine, I suppose 3 days will have to do, and I want this to be a huge event! With as many people as possible to witness the crowning of a new king.”
“Yes sir.”
“Very well now off you go. I want new robes and the plan as soon as possible.”
“Yes sir” they both said in unison.
“Council dismissed.”
All of the 10 men started to leave the throne room. As they did, they all bowed to me. It’s going to take me a long time to get used to this I decided as I watched all of the men awkwardly bow to me.
“Oh and Daniel remember I want to see you after I will send your maid to let you know when”
“Yes sir.” and with that I left for a new robe knowing that I was going to be the new king of my fathers kingdom under my breath I swore “Father I will make you proud.”

I continued to run through out the night with leaps and bound. The king was dead! My enemy was dead: but what to do now? I had finally received my greatest desire. I decided, I would continue with my newfound profession. I was now the best assassin in the land. Unfortunately I was still a fugitive, even though the king is dead they will never stop hunting me because of my crimes. Still, I enjoy my occupation, it is challenging and it suits the animal within me.

I finally made it. I was just outside of the village where I was to meet my employer. I changed into a human and entered the local tavern. There I found a man pouring ale down his gullet. Every time I met this particular man he told me which room I was supposed to go, I left him consciously. The only problem with this business is no matter what you can’t trust your employer. I had been trapped too many time to make that mistake yet I always escaped and as a bonus with a higher wage.

I entered the room. It was dark with a single candle lit upon a rough round table. I closed the door and changed my eyes so I could see if anyone attacked me in the dark: it had happened before. On the opposite side of the table was my employer. It was hard to know his identity as he was always cloaked and hidden.
“Is it finished?” he asked mockingly as if he already knew the answer.
“Have I ever failed you before?” I asked just a mockingly. My wolf eyes noticed that his lips twisted into a slight smile.
“Good, and how did you make it appear unsuspicious?”
“After I stabbed my victim I placed a piece of burning timber upon his bed sheets. The castle was engulfed in flames when I left the city.”
“Good. Not as creative as I have come to suspect but good and did you leave any traces?” I had to think about this. He had asked these question before, but they were always difficult to answer.
“For this mission I killed four men. two would have been burned in the blaze, but the other two I left on the wall. They will be discovered, and I definitely left my trace. I used my fangs to dispose of them. Though only if they connect these bodies and the fire, will they be suspicious.” My employer didn’t look happy.

“I am disappointed. Hopefully what you say is true and they won’t connect the two crimes.”
“I will be correct. They rarely notice my traces.”

“I hope you are correct.” On that cheerful note, he threw upon the table a bag of gold coins, a slight smile appeared upon my lips: my wage. I looked at the bag making sure he did not rip me off.
“Don’t worry, it is the price we agreed upon.” Still I looked.
“You are a fair man, your words are true. Now if that is all we should part.”
“Not quite. You have done very well in all the missions I have sent you.”
“Thank you.”
“But I have a new proposition, if you wish to accept it.”
“Well I enjoy a challenge. Amuse me.”
“I don’t know if you have noticed, but with the king gone they will soon replace him.”
“Yes, they usually replace their tireant’s.”
“Well news has come to me that the kings successor will be his son: the prince who has yet to reach man hood.” The news didn’t shock me. People in power are often idiots.
“I wish that you remove him from his throne. I doubt your fire would have disposed of this child also.”
“I enjoy the sounds of this new challenge.”
“Good for it will be a challenge. You are an assassin by tittle, but I do not wish that you kill him for few know of him and he is but a youth. He may become useful to me.”
“I will not be a babysitter.”
“No, I would never wish that tittle upon you. I just wish for you to be a jailer and a smuggler for I will need him in another country.”
“I am intrigued. I enjoy a challenge, but I am inexperience in this line of work. I would like to think about it.”
“I can give you some time, for his coronation won’t be tomorrow. These things take time. If you have decided to accept my offer will you meet me tomorrow night?”
“I will meet you then, if I accept then I can receive the important details?”
“Yes, then we can discus the boring matters.”
“Then good night, until we meet again.” I picked up my coin and left. Heading towards the woods then changed into a wolf and journeyed to my home. I now had a lot to think about. This new assignment was intriguing. I would have but a toy for a few weeks, until I could dispose of my package. It was not a task familiar to me. I was used to leaving my victims dead, not taking them with me. It would make escapes more difficult and I would have to deal with the annoyance, but what else was I to do? Accept a new job until an employer hired me out again? This task would be a good way to keep me busy. I finally reached my home. It was the wolf cave: the one that provided me with life, where all of my loved ones were slaughtered. In the corned was but a few coins the few remaining from my last assignment, plus a few choice items like knives and blankets, plus the bones of my kills. I turned into a wolf then sat upon my blankets, staring at the moon; loosing myself in my animal instinct and in my dreams.

The rest of the day was just how the second in command had said it would be. The coronation plans were underway, and I now fully understood what the coronation would include. It would be a simple ceremony, I would be crowned, and I had to say a few lines. Thankfully it wouldn’t take much work to remember them. However it was what would happen after the coronation that made me frightened. The responsibilities of a kingdom were much more than I had anticipated. Luckily I had Jordan (the second in command). During the next few days he would teach me my new role as king.
I was currently walking to my chamber it was a long day and too tiring for a grief stricken prince. I entered my chamber and there my maid was waiting for me. She helped me dress and gave me some tea before bed which she didn’t often do but I gladly accepted it tonight. It tasted worm and comforting the perfect end to an emotionally challenging day. Then I curled up in my sheets and feel fast asleep.

It was close to midnight when I was finally out side my victim’s window. It seams obvious enough that yes I accepted the job. Over the last two days I was lectured on how I was supposed to collect my captive and then how I was to dispose of it. Then last but certainly not least me and my employer debated on the price for this mission and when we were finally both pleased I set off to the castle. Currently I’m here climbing the castle wall and just out side the “darling” princes chamber. I cracked open the window using my claws as a lock pick, and entered the chamber, and there a few feet from me was my package. A muscular blond boy. It surprised me that he was 15 he looked like he could be 12 I creped over to him and checked his breathing. yes he was alive then I pocked him and just as my employer said he didn’t budge, but just to safe I bonked him on the head. When it’s breathing slowed, almost to a stopped, I snatched the rope I had been carrying and tied his arms around my neck and his legs around my middle. So he would stay on me whether I was in human or wolf form. Then I leaped back out the window and climbed down the wall. It was much more difficult with the extra weight. My fingers couldn’t hold it. Slowly my sweaty palms let go. I fell. and in a few minuets I was on the ground. At that moment with my body on the soft hay I was very thank full At my employer’s wisdom. He was the one who told me to put a pile of hay under me. My body aced but I was alive after a few seconds (just enough to catch my breath) I ran back out of the castle, but those few preashous second cost me dearly. For as I was leaving the castle court yard, a guard on watch duty just finish checking the princes chamber. He noticed that the prince was gone. Then he shouted, so even I could hear him, alerting all the other guards of the princes disappearance. I bolted out of there, but the going was slow the streets were swarming with guards and worried civilians. I was almost caught a few times, then I reached the wall. I jumped over it. But on top, I didn’t know at the moment, but hidden on the wall was a sentry. He watched as I leaped over. He knew I had the prince. without knowledge of my being discovered I ran to the woods transforming back to wolf and ran north to the next country, following the instructions of my employer. So I could deliver my new package.

the book isn't done and i hope to keep adding to it i hope u have enjoyed what u have read to far and keep waiting for more

I was slowly waking up then the emotions took over again sorrow for my father fear of the future and longing for company that doesn’t just think of me as simply a prince. This emotion I had trapped in my heart since I could fully understand it. But it was there even then.
Slowly my nerves started working and the first thing I noticed was that the ground it was hard. First I thought I had fallen out of my bed then I realized that something soft but prickly was under me. I slowly realized that it was leaves and grass. Then I noticed that my hands, they were tied, and my back was up against something rough, and wet. Out of fear I forced my eyes open and my fear became terror. Surrounding me was trees, trees, and more trees. I couldn’t see the sun for trees were blocking my view. My first though was that I must had slept walked all the way out here. Though deep inside I knew I couldn’t have gotten here out of my own free will. I was right about my hands they were tied with thick rope around my wrists, behind one of the trees thin enough that my arm spanned could wrap around it. In front of me was a clearing, and in it a tiny pile of ashes.
I was terrified the number one question was where was I and what had happened, but I had plenty more and the more time passed the more pooped into my head, but all I could do was wait for an unknown future. At first I tried to get out of my bonds, but It was plain quite quickly that no matter what, I couldn’t get out of them. The rope was tied too tight. I knew at that moment that I was in the presence of a professional I waited and waited it seamed like hours, the light coming from the trees was moving. It was getting around noon before I saw it. Before me was a huge bulk of a monster. Then its eyes turned to me. I will never forget because for the first time in my life I knew I was going to die. All I could think about was my father how I longed for him and how I wished someone would have saved him. Then I thought of my mother a beautiful gentle women, or at least to me she was. I missed her, and I wished that the monster wouldn’t have attacked her. So she could be with me at that moment. but my monster was walking towards me there was nothing I could do. Even if I known what to do I couldn’t have protected myself, my hands were useless. I was a steak on a platter waiting to be devoured. When something happened something I had though impossible. For at that moment roomers and gossip became true. For the wolf changed and there in front of me was a young women. She would have been beautiful. Her body showed signs of a hard life, and with scars all across her arms, but the true exception for her beauty was the expression upon her face. It was pure hatred. It was as if all she ever wanted to do was kill, destroy, and annihilate. She came up to me walking like a wolf who knows she has her pray. When she was but inches from me she gave me a kick in the face, then in the gut. The pain was explosive it felt like she had broken a few bones. Then she crouched to me and lifted my chin so her eyes could look right at mine. They were portals to my soul. If I could look upon medusas eyes they would have looked like hers, cold, hard eyes, that had never seen mercy. My face was already bruising. I couldn’t hold it any longer; the fear, the grief, the pain, all came pouring down my face in the form of tears. I didn’t want to show weakness a princes shouldn’t. But I did. Her eyes still just as painful to stare into, smiled. Along with the rest of her, as if she enjoyed torturing her pray before she tore it to shreds. Then she spoke. The words came out hoarse as if dyeing of thirst, but smoothly like a politician.
“Are you scared?” she asked as if she already knew the answer. Fear held my tongue so I couldn’t respond with words, but my face told this creature my answer. For again she smiled.
“If I want you dead you will be. My employer wants you alive. And for that you are fortunate, but there are things worse than death.” That is all she said before she walked away to gather a few things she had hidden. When those few precious objects were around her she went for me. She untied my hands. Finally I thought I was free. I struggled, that seamed to catch her off guard for somehow I found my self running with all I could, away, and into the forest. I didn’t know where I was going only that I needed to get away.

sorry about the delay here's the next chapter the one after it is one it's way

I enjoyed my new assignment immediately having live pray is so much more entertaining. My employer would not be happy when he found out that I let my pray go, but I would find him again. besides I enjoy hunting easy pray. plus I will let him think he has freedom when in reality he is running toward our destination, and away from his home. another bonus then I don’t have to carry him, and he wont be rescued no one is around to find him. That is why I left him alone for so long I needed to check the area, and make sure we weren’t followed.
I waited until I couldn’t see my captive anymore before I changed and jogged after him. The hunt had begun. To hunt him I simply followed his tracks (which were the easiest to follow EVER) the tracks showed he stumbled a lot like a new born faun. it was like he was blind he hit every muddy patch and every stone. his ankles must have been killing him by how many time he twisted them. A couple times he was going a little out of the way I soon found that out and it turns out I’m not bad a herding. To steer him back I just had to go in front of him, not so he could see me, but just so he could hear me. then I would howl he screamed every time and when I went back to his tracks like I suspected they were heading back in the right direction. This kept going on for hours he seamed to slow down to barely a walk. Finally I came across him. He laying flat on his face in the deep mud covered in sweat and blood he seamed to have passed out of exhaustion. He looked so helpless and innocent for a fraction of a second I almost felt sorry for him then I immediately remembered that his life was the reson why I was alone and why I was being hunted. I decided that If this was the pray that I hunted on a regular basis I would be fat from the meat.
It was plane that he wasn’t going to keep moving for me so I strapped him on me and kept running. He stayed unconscious for the rest of the trip. I kept going even into the night. I only stopped when I could no longer control my wolf nature and had to stop. I secured my prisoner and then curled up and went to sleep.
I woke up just before the sun peaked over the trees and when the sky was painted red. Then I went hunting this time for more difficult pray, but it was still simple enough, for one of my experience. Then I returned to find the camp just the way I left it only this time my captive was awake. I loved seeing the terror in his eyes when he saw me. It gave me a thrill and it reminded me why I was there. When I saw his face I knew things were the way they were supposed to be. The prey should fear the predator. That is what my she wolf told me as soon as I was old enough to understand, and to see a human as my pray felt good. After years of feeling like there pray I finally felt the power and control I lost when my species was wiped out. When the life of one women was taken and when one man spoke a decree that would slaughter hundreds.
I walked towards him with the same confidence as I had the day before. When he first set eyes on me, the poor soul. When I was but a rabbits whiskers away from him I changed into my human form and dropped my kill. At the same time I said to him.
“here eat” as harshly as I could. he looked paralyzed by his fear then I slapped him in the face with the rabbit
“eat” but he didn’t move. He was now covered in both his blood and the rabbits tears were streaming down his face. then he looked at me, and spoke.
“please I can’t eat raw meat allow me to cook it then I will”
“and pray why should I allow you too”
“because if I do eat I will get sick and die but if I don’t eat I will die of hunger”
“you wont die I will make sure of that” that made him quiet again and the look in his eyes was almost hope I knew I had to crush it so I growled and spoke again
“I may not let you die but I will let you suffer.” Then I grabbed the rabbit in my mouth and in human form I ate. I tuned my digestive system into a wolves but I ate as viciously as I could though. I normally eat with pretty poor manners, but I made my eating habits exceptionally discussing. once I had torn every strip of meat off the rabbit I was covered in its blood from the tips of my hair all the way to my bare feet. Than I looked to my captive I noticed that he was covered in his own vomit and that made me smile. I had done what I wanted to I placed myself as the merciless killer once again then I walked to him still covered in the rabbit’s blood as I was snarling.
“you know I’m still hungry” than I licked my lips
“you said you wouldn’t kill me” he said in a whispered whimper
“ohh it won’t kill you. One less leg wont kill you.” Then he cried “lucky for you I don’t like to run on a full stomach” then hope filled in his eyes once again. I hated myself for giving him hope what would my old she wolf think, but I told myself it was fine I had my entertainment for the day. I packed up my thing like my knife and my blankets than I untied my captive snarling the whole time grinning the grin I give a trapped faun and that did it for him and he ran. Once again he ran and I followed and herded then he passed out and I ran until the night then I went to sleep once again.

to be continued

I woke up my muscles sore and stiff. My mouth coarse as sand and my head aching as if a thousand troops had trampled across it in the night. I woke up not were I had last seen myself, I was still in the forest but I was propped up against a tree with my hands once again bound with ropes. I wondered how I had gotten here. I was free running away from the monster but I knew she was hunting me because I would keep hearing howls. Once again all hope was lost I knew I was a toy to a monster and she would drag me to our destination whether I was nothing more than a skeleton with skin. For not the first time in my ordeal I was wondering how my jailer was even alive yes like everyone else I had heard roomers of a girl who was a werewolf but I didn’t understand how it was possible and how she could have hide for so long. As far as I knew I was one of the few living souls that had set eyes upon this beast of legends.

I had finally woken myself enough and I had waited for what seamed like decades before my roomer walked before me. Once again she was in wolf form she must have been hunting because in her mouth was a wet mashed up piece of fur and skin it was black and white and big so I guessed it was a badger but it could have been anything. This time she starred those orbs at me then charged. I didn’t know what was happening. Was she going to attack me, was she going to kill me. No she leaped and landed right before me in human form. She changed while in the air.
“EAT!!!!!” she shouted at me. In a normal voice I replied back. I knew I wasn’t a prince to her but I was a human, I can’t eat raw meat.
“I can’t I told you I don’t have a digestive system like you I will die.” She was angry again I though she was going to slap me or hit me or do something terrible but what she actually did was much much worse than I imagined, for an idea came to her.
“Fine if you can’t eat it maybe I could change your innards. I could make you like me. Have you heard of what a werewolf bit could do to you? It would make you like me” she smiled but this time it wasn’t just for entertainment it was out of hope. Then she turned her head and stared at my shoulder. In a whimper I pleaded
“No no please no” but she completely ignored me, hope drenched in her eyes so much that it changed her whole appearance. She looked purely desperate but I didn’t have long to think of this because she dove her fangs into my flesh first they went through the skin and then to the muscle almost to the bone but she was experienced enough not to go too far. The pain was worse than I had ever experienced. The pain shot all through my body. I thought a lighting bolt from the heavens was racing through my arm. I couldn’t contain it any longer I had begin to howl in my pain I continued and continued she must have bitten my shoulder for over a minuet before she let go and my screaming subsidized from howling to just a scream and a whine. But it wasn’t a whine, it wasn’t a wolf whine anyway it was mine. it was Danny’s whine, and the howl was not a wolf howl, but a Danny howl. I hadn’t changed I was still human. I glimpsed at my mutilated shoulder it was a deep crimson blood dripping down my arm muscle exposed jagged and ridged. I sighed out of relief I was still human but when I looked to my jailer I got scared again. Even in my three days of captivity I had learned that when she was happy I was happy and she was not happy she was on her knees sobbing I never thought I would see it the beast of legends was crying even weeping. If I was free I would have gone over to her but I couldn’t with my hands behind my back for the first time she seamed normal not beastly she turned to me and saw the pity in my eyes and she laughed then spoke.
“what you a royal feel sorry for me let me tell you something your life is the reason for my misery the very sound of your heart beating is mocking me. Do you understand why I’m still here? Do you realize why I’m alone?” I shock my head “No? Well it’s a simple story when your mother was killed by one of my kind your father made a decree to slaughter my kind and that any one that helped us would also be slaughtered and even worse we had a price upon our heads. We were chased by bounty hunters and soldiers the death of one person lead to the slaughter of hundreds the blood in your veins is the blood of a murder. You are the reson why I’m alone. Now out of amusement do you want to know how I survived” I nodded that is what everyone wonders “the thing is I grew up in a wolf pack learning to hunt and kill and survive. Knowledge that I have used wisely and knowledge that I treasure when I had lived the majority of my life with that pack when I was even the leader of it once again men, in the name of the king, slaughtered the only family I had truly known. The only reson why they chose to let me live was purely for their entertainment. I was a toy and a punching bag to them for years. One night by the grace of something bigger than myself a fool who was going to find pleasure in me left my cage open and I escaped. I latter that week slaughtered them. Do you now realize why I hate humans they are monsters beasts more wicked than any other creature on earth.” I was filled with horror and aww the survival of this creature was magnificent. I had to ask a question so I choose wisely “then why did you bit me” she screamed the next sentence “so I won’t be alone! Do you have any idea what it’s like to be constantly hunted and wanted and to be alone in the process? I’m the only one left of my kind. Trust me I have searched. Even the roomers of me that I allow to escape would help the others find me and give them hope, but they don’t exist, your father’s decree wiped out an entire race and I can’t do anything to change it. Normally if a werewolf bites a human they become a wolf, but both my parents were werewolves, so I’m what they call a natural werewolf. So I have control over my powers and over my changes but it also means that I can’t spread by race. I’m doomed to be alone forever because of everything you represent.” I didn’t know what to say I felt guilty and sad but she came over and untied my ropes. “Go ahead run get out of my face.” but I didn’t I just stood their so she pounced on me and she bit me and hit me and kicked me if I stayed their I would have died then and their so I did I ran. She stayed, and once again I ran on an empty stomach.