The Wind: The Beginning | Teen Ink

The Wind: The Beginning

January 31, 2012
By LyverinthsWalk BRONZE, Lebanon, Maine
More by this author
LyverinthsWalk BRONZE, Lebanon, Maine
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I don't paint dreams or nightmares, I paint my own reality.” - Frida Kahlo


Author's note: This is a piece of my life, some of the characters are related to those in my family, but that is just a fragment.

August 30, 2014
Dear Diary,

‘’The wind was blowing through the trees making leaves rattle. The frigid air chilled your bones making you shiver and shake.’
Those were the last words out of my mother’s mouth, the only thing I can remember from her, her voice and her poem. My mother was beautiful, but I cannot put the pieces together to what she looked like. The truth is I really miss her. I have not spoken to anyone for ten years. I have been stuck in a mental facility because of what happened to my mother. See this is what messed me up, I thought that she is part of me and I said that I saw that aliens abducted her. Therefore, my father took me to a doctor, they took me away, and I was only seven! I do not know if I can speak to anyone about this, my voice might not even work. I yearn to speak, but they do not believe me if I told the truth. I know she was abducted, not kidnapped. The only reason why I am writing on this because I felt that I would burst if I didn’t get it out on paper, but I had to, I have to hide this paper though because they’ll use it as evidence for my “problems!” Wow, these are the people with problems. Each day I have made an escape plan, but have not gone through with it. Ut oh here comes a nurse, I should stop writing now.
- Elisa Amarizon

Part 1
“Good morning Elisa, not talking? Oh too bad the food in the cafeteria is great and I’m sure there’s that Jasper who’s been eyeing you, why don’t you guy’s talk?” The nurse said, mocking me and trying to get me to talk. I glared at Nurse Anna. “Now, now, enough with those dirty looks of yours. How long have I had to put up with this? Oh yeah TEN years! Geeze child what the heck is wrong with you?” “Ex-!” My voice squeaked so I tried again, “Excuse me?” Nurse Anna dropped what she was doing and her mouth began to catch flies, “You spoke,” She was astonished. “Yeah, I have no problems, it’s you, jerk. Yeah I know, I am being rude. Just please errgh. Man it feels great to talk. You guys stink, you keep me all locked in this dumb mental rehab hospital when I should be at school ...an-” Nurse Anna ran out of the room screaming down the halls, “She spoke! She’s SPEAKING!” “God that woman has problems.” I mumbled and left the room. I ran towards the front door, the only exit. I started to run for the doors when I heard a familiar voice that I had not heard in years. “Elisa?” I turned, my best friend Lexis from kindergarten. “Oh my god! Is that you? I didn’t know you were crazy?” “What did you just call me?” I stomped towards her. “Right back at you mental person, since you’re here, you much be crazy too!” “Um, no. I’m here to see my boyfriend Jasper; he got in a motorcycle accident.” I shook my head at her and ran to the entrance. I was about to open up the door when my dad stopped me, “Hey what are you doing out of room? Oh are you going to talk?” “Uhh, I was just coming to meet you?” I stood there dumbfounded, he looked happier and clean shaven. He handed me a bag of clothes, “Here I don’t know if they’re your size, but go try them on, and then I’m bringing you home.” Home. That really stuck into my head, home, how I itched to go home, see my bedroom, go to my old wardrobe and see my old clothes from when I was seven.

I took the clothes from my dad and went to the nearest bathroom… I opened up the bag and saw that there was only a pair of ugly green pants and an orange long sleeve turtleneck that was two sizes too small. There was no bra or underwear, so I had to deal with the hospitals free undies. Great, where is my dad’s sense of style. These were probably from Salvation Army, but dad is rich? (Well that is what I remember from when I was seven. My dad had opened up small souvenir store for tourists, then he invented “Green Appliances” so then that was a big hit, and everyone bought it, making him a millionaire. Then he slowed down the business process and bought a bank, and then he owned it and he still earned tons! However, that was when I was seven; he could be hobo now for all I know!) I was surprised to how quickly he had gotten to the mental rehabilitation center, there must be new routes.
I opened the door and walked back to my dad with my bare feet, I had no shoes. “Sorry, that’s what Janet gave me; she said she would take you shopping later.” “Janet?” “Oh? Didn’t I tell you?” “Um the last thing I know is that you stopped visiting me like a year ago because I wasn’t talking.” “Well uh,” he looked at me scratching his neck, “she’s my girlfriend.” “You’re kidding right?” “Elisa, can we please talk about this some other time, right now we need to get you home, and you are in desperate need of a shower, man this mentality place stinks.” I glared at him as he led the way to his car… to my surprise it was a mustang! “Oh my god! You seriously have one of these? How much did it cost? I didn’t know you were this rich; I thought only celebrities have mustangs, well that’s what I’ve seen on television.” “Oh it’s nothing; it’s my bud, Benny’s car.”
I nodded and got in the passenger seat as he started the car.
We drove in silence, then just as I was ready to unbuckle, we drove past the old house, “What? Where are we going?” “Home?” Dad looked at me suspiciously. I pointed to the old house, “Isn’t that home?” “Oh, sweetie I forgot to tell you, right after well you know, I moved into a small apartment, well bigger than that thing, then a couple months later I met Janet and things got close with us so she moved in with me, and she has horses so she had to get rid of them and that made her sad, so we moved to a larger house, with a barn. No biggy.” “No biggy! I lived in that house for seven years! I read books with mom! All three of us watched movies up past my bedtime, and that’s ‘no biggy’ to you! You just don‘t understand do you dad? That was family, my family, our family!” I burst into tears. “NO! It’s you that doesn’t understand, shut up and pull your self together we’ll be at the house in a few minutes and you better treat my Janet with respect or your out of the house straight back on the streets, with who knows what kind of drugs.” “Drugs?” “Yeah you and drugs, that why you were put into the asylum, remember?” “What? No, I never did drugs, I was only seven, and that was no asylum, don’t asylums have you in straight jackets all the time?” “Um, Elisa I don’t know if you remember, but you were on drugs.” “No I wasn’t, I swear! I thought I was in that hospital for saying mom got abducted by aliens, which I know she didn’t because the people that took had masks on, and they were talking in ‘human language’ English! So yeah I never was on drugs so can we just drop it! And why would you think that I was on drugs? I was seven, not ten years older than that.” “Yeah you were on drugs I remember you were always imagining things, and sleep walking.” “Oh! Yeah dad remember that was for my shoulder, I couldn’t use it because it was always hurting so the doctors had to put me on that sleepy stuff. Also all little kids have an imagination!!” “Oh, well uh, we’re here.” I looked up at the house, it was gigantic, and there was no barn in sight. Tall black iron gates opened and my dad pulled into the driveway. There was a limo parked next to a rock wall, and people were bustling about. “What’s all this for?” “Dinner party tonight!” My dad smiled and got out of the car, "Shelly!” A tall pretty girl about my age wearing a maid suit ran over to my dad, “Will you please bring this young lady to her quarters and get her dressed in something decent, then please bring her shopping.” Shelly nodded. I got out of the car and Shelly motioned for me to follow. “Are you his other girlfriend?” “What?” I asked confused. “You’re his girlfriend right? I know he and Janet are really close, but I heard you’re his spare.” “Oh no! I am his daughter.” “Oh, sorry, I thought you weren’t coming till, oh never mind.” Shelly unlocked a door and we entered the house, I gasped, it was huge! I followed her down a long narrow corridor, then up three sets of stairs then to a room, which was amazingly large, a chandelier hung from the ceiling, a large flat screen television was on the wall, a huge bed was centered in the middle of the room with many, comfortable looking pillows on it, a desk was next to the bed with a laptop on it, and then there were two doors. This would take some getting used to.

Shelly showed me the first one, a huge closet, then opened the second one, the largest bathroom ever! Steam was coming from a rounded object that was inserted in the floor, “What is that?” “Excuse me? That is a legendary hot tub! Don’t you know that?” “Well not really. How do I use it?” “You soak in it, it’s like a bath, want to try it? Oh wait we have to get you changed then bring you shopping, but I think we should give you a shower first.” She pointed to a shower in the corner and I walked over to it. Shelly left the room and I got undressed and started the shower. I climbed in. The hot shower soothed me, and steam filled the air relaxing me. I closed my eyes, and felt like falling asleep. I had not taken a hot shower in years! The hospital turned off their heat at three o’clock pm. Of course, I was always the last one to take a shower so then I always got the cold water.
Shelly came in and knocked on the shower door. “I got you some clothes, they’ll be on your bed, and I’ll wait in the limo for you.” The limo! So cool, maybe my dad isn’t so bad after all, but what about Janet? When will I meet her? Is she pretty? Better than my mom? I added Strawberry Treseme Shampoo to my hair and rinsed it, then same with the conditioner. I shut off the shower and climbed out, I wrapped myself in a towel, and dried my hair, and started to brush it out when I looked in the mirror… I gasped at my image, I looked exactly like my mother, and I was beautiful. I gazed at myself in the mirror for five more minutes then hurried into my new room. I flopped down on the bed and went through the clothes, a pink low cut tank top, a black cashmere sweater, a bra, underwear, and tight skinny jeans. Who clothes are these? I was dressed and looked at myself in the mirror, I look like a tramp! (You are probably wondering where I am getting this language, television of course! Largest influence ever!) My chest was hanging out of the tank top, so I buttoned the sweater up all the way and ran down the stairs, out of the house, and to the limo. I opened the back door and got in next to Shelly. “I see you found the clothes easily. Now how much do you want to spend today?” “Ten dollars?” “No, no! Your father gave me over two thousand! I have all my cash on me too! You will want to spend a lot more than you think, especially with Janet coming with us.” “Two thousand dollars for clothes? How much do you want me to get?” “Oh, tons of stuff! It will be great! Janet will probably buy you some makeup or she might get you a boyfriend! She did that for me, she picked out the cutest guy ever for me, I just know he’ll propose for me, and then we’ll move out of the servant’s quarters and buy a huge house and have tons of kids! Well we‘ll have a kid soon, but he‘s not the-” “What? She bought you a boyfriend?” “No, no, no! She set me up with him, Joseph is her brother.” “Oh.” “Yes, we’re here! It is going to be great! Janet’s the best ever, your going to love her!” The limo slowed to a stop and I opened the door, the mall was just overly sized. It was huge! A woman was standing next to the mall entrance with shades on and a tight top with flare jeans. “Thank you Shelly, now you must be Elisa? I am Janet! Oh, you look so much like your dad! How great it is to meet you. Your dad talks about you all the time!” Janet hugged me tight. She smelled strongly of perfume. She stopped hugging me and examined me, “You are so pretty I absolutely loooove your complexion! Now do you want to go shopping?” “Sure.” I shrugged. “Now, now, didn’t your dad tell you that I don’t like that type of attitude, could you please be enthusiastic?” “Enthusiastic? You want me to be enthusiastic? Well let me tell you something, I hate my life, how enthusiastic is that for you?” Janet took off her shades and narrowed her gaze, “Look I am sorry, it’s just your dad has been giving me a hard time, he’s just so stern, he never takes a break of his job! I’m so sorry Elisa, if I was being rude.” “Tell me about it! My dad is always out the door.” “Yes exactly, you still want to go shopping?” “Yes! I’d love to.” “I know just the place!” Janet smiled at me and we started shopping.
We left the mall with more then fifty plus bags, and trust me I am not exaggerating.
When we got back from the mall Janet and I collapsed on the couch. “Now that was what I call a shopping spree. I have never had as much fun as I had today. I think I am going to love having you around. Now what do you want to do? We can watch a movie, go swimming, relax, I can show you around, and we can go horse back riding?” “Horse back riding.” I smiled. Janet jumped up and pulled me to my feet. I followed her to the back of the house out to a porch and down to a jeep. She climbed in and I got in too. We drove down a long trail then to an opening that led to field, and a large barn. She stopped in front of the barn, turned off the car, got out and I followed. We went inside the barn and she had four horses, Shugy, Calypso, Manny, and Lassy. “Pick one, well not Shugy or Lassy; they are both in gestation, (pregnant.) Therefore, you can ride either Manny or Calypso. Which one?” “I don’t know how to ride.” “Oh well, then come with me, do you want some lessons, I’m not so good with giving lessons, but I assure you that I know someone that will love to give you lessons,” she trilled on. She walked to the end of the barn and yelled, “Jo-seph!” I heard the gallop of hooves and a person came riding in on a tall black horse. “Whoa, slow down boy.” He pulled back on the reins, and the horse stopped and he swung his legs over the saddle and jumped off. He put the horse into an empty stall and walked over to Janet. ‘Yeah?” “Could you give this young lady a few tips?” “Who? Tips?” “Well I think I’m going to need more than a few tips, maybe even a huge brain implant on how to ride a horse. I really don’t know anything.” I said walking over to Janet and Joseph. As I got closer I saw Joseph’s face, he had strong, beautiful, features. His shoulders were broad, and he was tall, but he also seemed dangerous. “Is she for real?” Janet nodded, “Oh I almost forgot Elisa this is Joseph, Joseph this is Elisa. Elisa, Joseph is my brother, and he’s Shelly future fiancé.” “Oh. Hi, nice to meet you.” I said disappointed, he was really cute, my heart skipped a beat I think, but he is Shelly’s future fiancée, but he looked as if he were my age. “Hi.” Joseph said shaking my hand, “You can call me Joe.” “Ok, Joe.” “Now Joey can you please teach her about horses, you are wasting my time I have to go do some work. For now on you’ll be teaching her every day.” Joe shrugged,"Why not?" Janet took off in her Jeep up to the house. “She’s tough isn’t she?” Joe asked me. “Not really, I think she’s cool. So uh is Shelly having a boy or a girl?” I asked trying to make conversation. “What?! Shelly’s not pregnant.” “Um, she just told me. Well not just, but this morning she told me.” “Come again? Are you serious? I have to go.” Joseph ran past me, got his horse out of the stall, swiftly climbed up on the horse, and galloped away. “Uh oh, what did I do?” I sighed. I went into the lean to and got a brush. I walked over to Calypso’s stall and brushed her.

I was going to attempt riding a horse. I went out back and got a lead chain and hook her up to the pole on the outside of the barn. She was quite tall and I couldn't even reach my leg up past the bottom of her stomach. I started to search for a bucket. I soon found a bucket and brought it to the side of Calypso. I stepped up on the bucket and tried to lift my leg to get on her, but I couldn’t get on! I tried again. This time Calypso moved and I fell. I fell forward knocking over the bucket and making myself tumble into a heap. I was lying on stomach in pain, but then I jumped up, still full of trying hard. I ran to the storage room and got what seemed to be saddle, and some reins. I heaved the saddle over my shoulder and hurried to Calypso. After setting the reins on the ground I tried to lift the saddle on to Calypso's back. It took me eight times to finally lift the saddle up and over. I had it on finally, it looked correct, after watching tons of Horse Life on the television at the hospital I think I know a bit about horses. I figured next I would out have to buckle the saddle. I went into the lean-to to look for some types of instructions. I found an office. Through the office door I could see a computer. As I turned the knob I found that the door was locked. I searched high and low for a key, but I didn't seem to find one. I found a nail and tried to pry the lock so it would open, but it wouldn’t work. I ran around to the outside of the barn to see if there was an extra door, there was! I tried it, it was locked. I started to get really irritated as I ran back into the barn. I saw a window that was open and it led to the office. I climbed in and fell to the floor, landing on top of a glass vase. The glass shattered and I felt it cut into my hip and thigh. I sat in the chair that was in the office and pulled out the glass, it only hurt a lot, but thankfully there was no blood. I unlocked the inside door and found a trash can and a broom and I cleaned up the glass. Then I got on the computer and found that I needed a password to get on. It was Janet’s computer and what was her password? I thought for a while then started typing in random things, when a window popped up, ‘Would you like a hint? Click here.’ So I clicked here and the hint popped up ‘something I would really like Bret to do.’ Bret was my dad and he needed to do a lot of stuff, like straighten himself out! I typed that in and I was logged on! Apparentely it wasn't a difficult password to figure out. I opened up windows explorer and typed in ‘how to put a saddle on a horse’ then clicked enter. Hundreds of possibilities popped up on the screen and I clicked the first one. I scanned through the page and clicked print and the page slowly inked it’s way out of the computer, through the printer and into my hands.


How To Saddle a Horse
1. First if you want a saddle blanket you just put it over the horses back like a blanket. (Also to ensure to keep the blanket clean, and prevent the horse from getting uncomfortable use a curry comb and get off all the dirt.)
2. Then you get the saddle and put it on the horses back over the saddle blanket, make sure that it’s facing front, it’s always easiest to put the saddle on from the left.
3. Then put the stirrups over the top of the saddle.
4. Take the longer strap, then the looped one and slide the longer on through the ring. Repeat process and pull tight.
5. When the saddle is on all the way and the stirrups are too short, or too long undo the stirrup strap and move the strap up or down a hole.
I read the instructions and went out to the lean-to, to find a saddle blanket. The only one I could find was a purple padded blanket with Joseph’s name stitched into it. I brought the blanket out to Calypso and found that the saddle was on the ground. I laid the blanket across Calypso’s back just like the paper said, then I put the saddle on. I put stirrups on the top of the saddle and looped the straps through the ring until it was tight. Then I lowered the stirrups and climbed on. I forgot the reins! I got off the horse and put the reins on, it was easy! Then I unhooked Calypso and climbed on. “Walk.” She wouldn’t budge. “Trot?” Still no movement. I clicked my tongue and kicked my feet against her side. She started to walk then run! I screamed and grabbed hold of the reins and pulled back, she wouldn’t stop! I squeezed my legs tight on the horse and she went faster. I screamed, “Stop!” Calypso just wouldn’t stop. She galloped through the woods and then started bucking crazily and threw me off! I went flying off into a muddy puddle. I landed hard on my butt and it felt like I just hit my funny bone, but much harder and on my butt. I dropped my head back and looked the sky groaning. Calypso walked over to me and whinnied. She sniffed my head, I sat up and patted her. I tried to stand up and it took a lot of effort. “Come on Calypso lets try this again.” I climbed up on her and we slowly trotted down a path and found a meadow. It was a lot easier to get up onto her after I figured out to get my foot in the stirrup. I couldn’t control her so she trotted over to the grass and started to eat. I climbed off so I would have control and tied her to a tree. I plopped down onto the grass laying back and letting my head rest.
I woke up and it was dark. Calypso was still tied up and she was sleeping while standing. I stood up stiffly and climbed on Calypso. I clicked my tongue for her to move, but she was still tied. I got off and untied her, then got back on and rode to the barn. All the barn lights were off. I rode in and unsaddled Calypso and brushed her off. I found some treats and grain and I fed her.

I was about to leave the barn when, “Why did you have to tell him?” Shelly cried. “What do you mean?” I asked confused. “Joseph.” Shelly stamped her foot. “I was just saying congratulations! Is that such a big deal?” “You don’t understand, he didn’t know, if you would of listened earlier you would of known that he is not the father.” “Oh.” I looked at Shelly. “Then who is? If you don’t mind me asking. Also aren’t you kind of young to be um pregnant?” Shelly looked at the ground then ran out of the barn. I started to chase after her, but she was too fast for me, and my body hurt from falling repeatedly to chase after her. I walked up to the house and heard music playing and saw cars pulling into the long turn about driveway. I had forgotten that it was the dinner party. I hurried up the stairs to my bedroom and I jumped in the shower. Almost an hour later I got out. I was drying myself off and about to go get my pajamas on when I saw myself in the mirror, I had a huge gash on my forehead. No wonder I had a really bad head ache. I went through the cabinets looking for a first aid kit and finally found one. I took out an extra large beige band aid and cleaned the gash out before covering it with the large band aid. After bandaging my head I went into the super big closet and picked out a shirt and just put some underwear on. I plopped myself down on the bed and turned on the television. There was over five hundred different channels. At least one hundred channels were music and movies, the rest were soaps, food networks, and other stuff like cartoons. Underneath the flat screen TV was a large cabinet. Everything was large with ample supply, but when I opened the cabinet it had the most DVD’s I had ever seen in my whole mental life. I swear it had over on thousand DVD’s in it. I went through the movies and picked out one to watch, it was called Firecracker. Half way through the movie I zonked out.
The next morning I woke up real early and headed down to the barn, I cornered Shelly when I entered and she tried to walk away, but I stopped her. “Okay, now I know you feel uncomfortable, but I really want to know! Please spare a few minutes and tell me, I promise I won‘t tell a single soul!” “Okay, well then, you promise?” “I‘m one hundred percent sure, I promise.” “Will you tell anyone?” “No, I promise, you’re my friend Shelly, I promise I won‘t tell anyone.” “Well uh. Okay I’m not pregnant.” “What!?” “Oh, um, I wanted..” “You lied! I can’t believe it! Your kidding right? First you say your pregnant, then say Joseph’s not the father, now your saying your not pregnant?” “Okay, I know, I know I sound crazy, but I want to get a raise and it’s the only way by saying I’m pregnant, I asked Bret how I could get a quicker raise, he said if I got pregnant because he is doing a photo shoot for pregnant women and models, and he said Janet didn’t want a kid yet, and the photo shoot is in three months, and as you see I have a little bump from me gaining weight, I layer my dress so it looks like I am pregnant.” “Your kidding right? So your doing this so you can get more money out of my father and to be a model?” “What happened to your head?” “Oh, I fell off Calypso when I was getting on and I- hey! Your changing the subject. You know my dad can fire you if he finds out that you are faking it.” “I know, but I really need the money, see my mom is in the hospital, and she has this disease, and it cost a lot to go through treatment-” That was enough for me to hear. I pulled out Calypso grabbed a pair of reins and hopped on. We galloped faster than the wind up to my dad’s house. I tied her up to the porch railing. Servants immediately started yelling to keep her off the grass. I ran inside the house and up to my father’s office. I knocked and the door came open and I found Janet in his lap and they were madly making out, her body was completely pressed against his. I quickly shut the door and ran to my room and spread out on my bed, that was the most disturbing thing ever, I was now scarred for life. I read online for a couple hours about horses, waiting for the sound of voices or my dad or somebody, it was just too quiet. Finally I gave up and went outside to see that Calypso wasn’t tied up anymore, she wasn’t even around. I went up to one of the servants and tapped on his back, “Excuse me sir, but where did you put Calypso?” He turned around, it was Joseph. “Well, she didn’t belong on the porch in the first place, your dad would of dropped kicked us right out of here if he ever found a horse on his porch, he might even of put her down if he had his way, but thankfully Janet’s here to keep you stupid girl out of trouble so you don’t hurt her animals, you outta’ go to boot camp.” I narrowed my eyes at Joe and glared. “This is about yesterday isn’t? What did Shelly tell you?” “None of business, stop snooping and keep your comments to yourself. Now get lost before I complain to your father.” “Sheesh, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or you did with Shelly’s honesty.” “Wait what did you just say?” “Shelly’s honesty… hey you told me to get lost.” I stormed off to the barn and found Calypso out in the pasture. Lassie was coming around good, she was a beautiful mare, same with Shugy, but she was looking a little thin so I fed her some oats, hay, and watered the horses because they were running dry. Why wasn’t any one maintaining the horses’ diets? I saddled up Calypso and went out for a ride. I explored two paths and jumped a deer, I think the deer spooked me more than Calypso or the deer itself. I screamed when the deer came running across the path and I almost fell off Calypso. On the way back down the path I headed to the meadow and let Calypso loose, of course all she did was munch on grass, and I laid down soaking up the sun. I lay in the sun for a couple more minutes then I got back on Calypso and rode for a couple more hours, advancing speed as I went. Then I got to the barn. I jumped off Calypso and un-saddled her, and Joe’s saddle blanket that I borrowed. I washed her down, then turned her out and headed up to the house. My stomach was gurgling pretty loud when I entered the house and Janet gave me a weird look. She was sprawled out on the couch reading a People magazine, also the T.V. was on Soap Net. I headed to kitchen and took out a box of Lucky Charms and filled a bowl to the top with cereal and milk. I pigged out and ate three bowls.
After stuffing myself I wandered up to my dad’s office. “Hey sweetie! How was your day?” “Hi dad, my day was good I was just out riding Calypso.” “That’s neat, I never knew you could ride.” “So I have a question for you?” “Okay go on.” “Well Shelly was telling me that she may have to quit and get a better job, because she needs more money, her mother has a really bad disease and if she doesn’t get surgery by next week she’ll die.” I twisted it up to help out Shelly. “Oh that stinks, I really would miss her help here, I guess I’ll just have to hire someone else, that is until her mother dies and Shelly’s baby is born.” “You know, she really doesn’t want to go, but she is in dire need of that extra money, I was wondering if we could somehow help her out?” “Oh you mean that me, that I help her out considering I got all this money.” “Yeah that would be great!” “ I really don’t give charity to my workers, but I think I can pull a few strings.” “Great! Bye!” I started to head out of the office, “Elisa, I actually need to talk to you about something.” I came back in and sat down on the couch in the center of the room. I nodded for him to go on. “Well last night at the dinner party, I have been planning this for months, I proposed to Janet, and she said yes, I was just making sure if it was okay with you?” “But I already have a mom that you left to be kidnapped!” I started breathing heavily and I got angry. “No, no, noooo! She made her own choice! She chose to leave me, she cheated on me! She had a boyfriend and she was pregnant, she already had two other children, Elisa, you have to understand that those people that took her were her ‘other’ family.” I sat there my heart beating out of my chest, and I began to cry and I ran to my room, slamming the door behind me I threw myself on the bed and screamed, this is not happening! My mom is out there with a different family, she left us, left dad, my mom left me.

The next day my dad enrolled me in a school it was called, Thunder Bird High School. Of course it was public, my dad never even thought about enrolling me in a academy or private school. He probably didn’t want to pay a fee, although he was super duper rich he could pay for the whole town to be enrolled there. Which sucks for me because I’ll never fit in, I’d rather be in a small quiet school than in a big, social school. I was to start school in two days. Great, just great! I won’t even know anybody, and I will be made fun of for living a mental facility for what umpteen years? Thankfully I did know some school stuff, the “nice” nurse at the hospital had been teaching me algebra, and other subjects, so I know basically everything. I am seventeen, I haven’t been to school in ten years. I will only be there for two years. I will be there for eleventh and twelve grade.
I spent the whole day shopping for a school bag, and school supplies, and school clothes, I bought tons of clothes for my closet, I already bought a ba’gillion shoes, that I’d probably never wear.
The next day I spent my time riding Calypso then Janet and I went through her makeup and said I could share with her. She taught me how to put on cover up when I had a pimple, zit, white head or black head, or if I wanted to do it the hurtful way she had a skin cleanser treatment that froze, and burned away zits. She said it would clear my face, but it stings. She taught me how to put all makeup on and showed me what colors were best and not ever to wear yellow with green because they stood out too much. I had light brown hair the color of my mothers, and Janet absolutely loved it! She had blonde hair with brown highlights, her hair used to be red, but she said it looked terrible so she dyed it. I think she looks great in blonde. “Do you want to highlight? I can show you how, I think you’ll look good with light blonde highlights.” “No thanks, I’m good for now, I just want to keep it, it’s natural color, but if you could trim it?” “Uh, I know just the person to do it for you, SHEL-LAY!” She yelled and Shelly came running up the stairs. “Can you please cut Elisa hair, I think maybe an inch off, and layer the tips, so it’s less flat please, oh and how is Joe, I heard you guys were fighting, but not talking.” “The weddings off, he broke up with me.” “I’m so sorry. There is always Clark.” “Yeah there is.” “Whoa, your marrying Joe when your only 15?” I asked. Shelly sighed. “I lied, I am 19, and the wedding is off like I just said, I think I’ll marry Clark, anyways he’s hotter, nicer, not horse obsessed, plays college football, and loves me, and I have kissed him more than Joe, plus Clark kisses better.” “Too much information!” I cringed, I wasn’t interested in boys, only Joe. “So, how olds Joe then?” “Oh he’s 16, same age as you. Well only a couple months.” Janet said. “Wouldn’t it be illegal for him to marry a 19 year old?” “You see Elisa your dad would of made it legal because he’s my brother, and Shelly’s a valued maid, helper.” “Oh.” Shelly started to cut my hair and when she finished, one hour later, it looked great! It really shaped my face, and went good with my eyebrows, my eyebrows were never thick, they were thin and curved like a super models, but I could never be a super model, I wasn’t that confident.

After dinner I went out to feed Calypso and I found Shelly pushed up against the barn making out with some guy, the guy, I assumed was Clark, had his hand up Shelly’s shirt, and his other hand on her butt. I practically barfed and I ran for cover. Only minutes later as I was finishing up feeding Shelly and Clark walked into the barn hand in hand. “You know, kissing is not that bad, especially with Clark. You shouldn’t be grossed out.” Shelly explained. “Well I am.” Shelly laughed and Clark kissed Shelly. “You still grossed out?” Shelly asked. I nodded and climbed up in the loft and was surprised to find Joe sitting up there with a angry look on his face. “Hey.” He looked at me, then down at the kissing couple. I grabbed a bale of hay and cut it open and threw it down to each horse, making sure they all got enough. By the time I had finished Shelly and Clark had left and I was stuck up in the loft with Joe. When I say stuck I mean stuck. I had accidentally knocked the ladder over, so we had no way to get down. “Your not very smart for a brunette, aren’t brunettes supposed to be smarter than blondes?” “Yeah I guess.” I shrugged. I looked at Joe, he really was adorable, Clark wasn’t cute at all, only really tall and had a broad, muscular build, but not as much as Joe, Joe was handsome, and cute, he also has a strong build, but it looks good. I had the urge to go over and kiss Joe, but that wouldn’t be good. I went over and sat next to Joe, “You okay?” “Yeah it’s just……. You don’t mind me telling you this right?” “Not at all.” I smiled and he began. “Well I like Shelly in all, but she’s just weird. My sister made me go out with her, then Shelly bribed me saying that if I didn’t marry her she would tell Janet that I raped her. Which is insane because I never would do that to anyone, well so I proposed to her, and then she told me that she wanted a kid, I told her no way, and she said that if I wouldn’t do it she knew somebody that would, I thought she was kidding, but then I found out about Clark, then the other day you told me she was pregnant, and so I knew that she never really liked me, she just wants a kid. So I broke up with her telling Janet everything, but your dad won’t fire her.” “Whoa! She told me she was faking pregnant so she could get a raise, because her mother’s dying in the hospital.” “No, she’s pregnant all right, and her parents have been dead, for four years now.” “Oh wow then she’s probably stealing my father’s money!” “We should go warn him.” Joe said. He jumped down from the loft and picked up the ladder for me and helped me down, “I don’t think you need lessons from me, you already ride better than I do and I’ve been riding for four years!” We hurried up to the house anxious to tell my dad.
As we barged in the front door we ran into my dad. “Whoa! What’s all the commotion for?” “Shelly’s-” We said at the same time, “Hold on, one at a time.” I told him first and Joe agreed, and then my dad called the police. After the uproar of Shelly, I settled down to the barn with Joe and we rode the horses until dark. I learned that Joe’s horse was Black Stallion, well Arabian Beauty, and his name Casper. Janet wanted to breed Calypso with Casper, but Joe said no because she already had two pregnant horses in gestation and both horses were due in two months. Then I remembered something as we were riding, “Oh cow!” “What?” “I have school tomorrow!” “Oh that stinks, but so do I. What school are you going to?” “I think it’s called the Thunderbirds? Or something like that, you?” “Same, yep your right, Thunder Bird High, can’t wait. I’ve been planning to ask out this one girl particular, well if I wasn’t with Shelly, and I hope to tomorrow.” “Cool.” I smiled and we rode on into the dark.

I woke up at four o’clock sharp determined to be ready by six. I layered my face with makeup and I straightened my hair. I put on dangly hoops, and a locket necklace that Janet had given me. After getting dressed into a pair of flare jeans, and a low cut top, I checked my whole bag to see if I had everything. I hurried downstairs to my dad’s friend’s mustang where my dad was waiting and I got in. “Ready for your big day?” I shrugged and smiled. It was 6:10 and school didn’t start for another ten minutes, the school was only five minutes away.
I got to school by 6:15 just before the first bell and all kids were called to the cafeteria, it was the first day, and I already wanted outs. We were sent to out lockers and home rooms. Of course I couldn’t find my homeroom. I went up one floor and found out I had to go down three floors, but then somebody told me that my home room was on the top floor. So I went to the office sighing tiredly from all that walking. “Excuse me? Can anyone tell me where….” I looked down at my paper, Teacher: Mr. Wilson Howard. “Can anyone tell my where Mr. Wilson How-” “Oh I’m going right there, I can show you the way, or you can come with me.” I looked up to see a gorgeous boy talking to me. I smiled, “Thanks. I’m new.” “I’m Matt, and you are?” “New.” “Oh is that your name?” “Oh no! Sorry it’s Elisa, but I’m new. I… never mind, but nice to meet you Matt.” I shook his hand and we left the office. “Yeah I could tell you are new I don’t think I have ever seen you around here before. What’s your last name?” “Amarizon.” “Wait are you Bret Amarizon’s daughter?” “Yep, that’s me, his only daughter, I hope.” Matt laughed, “Well that’s cool, my step-dad Benny Martin works with your dad, my real dad is…..” He pointed at the homeroom teacher. “Him.” “Wow, that’s cool too.” “Yeah, I get to see him when ever I want, but I can’t get away with everything, but I am allowed in the teachers lounge, which rocks!” “Hey Massive hotty, who’d you pick up today.” A really pretty girl came up behind us and kissed Matt. “Oh this is Elisa Amarizon, Bret’s daughter.” “Oh that’s really cool! Except the part that my mom going to be your step-mom. I mean no biggy, it’s just I’d rather see her with my dad.” “Oh I definitely get it, that’s cool though.” “Yeah it is, I’ll be your sister.” “So why don’t you live with your mom then.” “Oh I live with my dad, just I like it better. See you around I have to go to class. Bye Matt, love you.” They kissed for a couple seconds and she hurried off to class. “So I’m assuming she’s your girlfriend?” “Yep, oh yeah, I forgot to introduce her to you, she’s uh...” He dozed blankly into space, “Oh yeah she’s Marissa. Apparently she’s your step sister?” “Yeah, the other night my dad proposed to her mom, I am still not clear on everything.” “Well that’s always cool. We better sit down, my dad is giving us the eye.” I laughed and we sat down. “Hello class, welcome to your first day of eleventh grade. Let me introduce myself, I’m Mr. Wilson Howard's, you’ll call me by my last name, Mr. Howard's, and now I would like you to introduce yourselves to the class and tell something about yourself, for instance, Matt over there in the red is my son and I coach his hockey and football team. Now Matt your turn.” “My name is Matt Howard's, I love to play football, but I’m better at hockey, and I love to swim.” “I am Elisa Amarizon, the daughter of Bret Amarizon and I love to ride horses, and go shopping with my soon to be step mom.” The next person spoke, “I am Claira Ceod, I used to live in California, and I love to take cruises and I am richer than Elisa’s whole family.” “Now, now, no competition.” Claira looked like that snobby type and she was. She was really pretty, she had really big chest that popped out of her shirt, and she looked also like a female dog. Not a friendly type at all. I will stick to avoiding her. We went around the whole class, there were eleven girls, including me, and seventeen boys, only eight were cute, or athletes that interested me, but I wasn’t planning on going out with anyone. After school when I was heading out to the parking lot, my dad wasn’t there. I sat on the sidewalk waiting when a boy from my class came up to me. “Hey, I’m Daniel. By any chance do you need a ride.” “Yeah I think I do.” “Want a ride? My car is just right over there.” “Sure I would really appreciate that.” “Cool.”
I got into his bright teal green jeep and I gave him directions to my house, “I know where your house is!” Daniel snapped. “Whoa! I’m sorry.” “No, I’m sorry, it’s just my girlfriend recently broke up with me, and I really want to go out with this girl, even though I just met her, but I don’t know how to ask, you see I’m really close to her, but it’s hard you know?” “Yeah, I guess I do know.” I shrugged. He sighed murmuring under his breathe, “I don’t really think you know.” I rolled my eyes. “Okay, Elisa will you go out with me?” “What!? I didn’t know I was close to you?” “You’re right next to me, this close! Is it yes or no?” “Well, uh, I don’t know? I mean I just met you and it’s just, I have never had a boyfriend before, It’s just I don’t know, I don’t even know if I have feelings for you. I mean you seem really nice, and your cute, but I don’t think you’re my type? And also we kind of just met, your in my class in all, but,” I shrugged, “I’m sorry, but it’s not a no or a definite yes. It’s just I don’t know. We don’t even know each other.” “Well I know you. Your mother left you when you were seven, you were sent to a mental facility because your dad thought you were on drugs and you just got out last week, you didn’t talk for ten years. Your dad is Bret Amarizon, your step - mom is Janet, your step sister is Marissa, and um, yah I guess that’s it.” “Oh.” I am really creeped out, is he what…. Psych kick? “I know your creeped out and may think I’m psych kick, but I know you.” “How?” I snapped. “Are you spying on me or something?” “I can’t tell you that. Well?” “Uhhhhhhgh.” I sighed. “I don’t know! As far as I know is that you stalk me! I am totally lost, I’m freaking, for goodness sake it’s only the first day, can I at least get to know you first?” “Well uh, it’s not that I like you, it’s for my ex. She thinks I’m still going out with her and if I don’t show that I’ve moved on, she’s probably going to ask to marry me.” “Wow. Well I mean I don’t know.” “Please for me?” “I guess.” “Oh god! That’s her behind us!” I looked behind us, it was Claira Ceod from my home room. “Claira?” Daniel nodded, “Yep, she’s stuck snobby, and popular, but she’s stuck on a low loser like me.” “You don’t seem like a loser.” “Oh, well thanks, oh here’s your house, oh um do you mind if I get out and hug you? I mean just to show Claira?” I shrugged, “Sure.” I got out of his car and Daniel got out, Claira slowed down and watched. I was super scared and nervous, I practically was sweating. Daniel came around the car and pulled me close hugging me tightly. He smelled of axe and boy perfume, and he sort of smelled comforting. “Thanks.” He whispered into my ear, then left. Claira glared at me and took off, speeding, but only a few feet before turning into a driveway across the street. I watched Daniel take off, and I still was shaking nervously, but why was my heart still beating hard? “So uh-” A sudden voice startled me, I screamed, I turned around it was Joe. “Oh you scared me!” “Sorry, well are you and Dan close or something? Because you look pretty close because he hugged you and he usually is pretty close to Claira.” “Yeah, I guess.” Joe looked disappointed as I started to walk away. What was wrong with Joe anyways? I went into the house and threw myself down on the couch and started to watch T.V. A couple minutes into watching I fell asleep.

I was shaken awake roughly. I opened my eyes to see Joe only inches away from my face, Joe smiled, “Hey you’re awake. Your dad and Janet won’t be back for a couple weeks, they said for me to tell you that they’ll be in Hawaii for a while for some modeling shoot. “Ok.” “Sooooooooooooo………. You want to go for a ride or just hang out in the loft?” “Not, tonight, I kind of just want to sleep, school was really tiring.” I hurried up to my bedroom and changed out of my school clothes and then went to bed. I dreamed of Matt and Daniel, they were fighting, they were acting like brothers, then Mr. Howard's came along to stop them, then Mr. Howard's became fuzzy, and I couldn’t see him. Matt and Daniel started fighting roughly and Matt pulled out a gun. Daniel shook his head. Matt nodded and pulled the trigger, Dan fell to the ground, his face in grief.
I jolted out of bed hearing my alarm go off. I checked the time, it was five forty. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom, almost slipping on my towel. I turned the shower on and got in. I quickly washed up and got out and got dressed. I put my make up on and dried my hair. I ran down stairs and put on my knit uggs. I got into the Mustang where Joe was waiting and we drove to school. “Come on hurry up, we can’t be late!” I gasped. “It’s okay calm down we are almost there.” We arrived just as the last bus was pulling in, I flung open the passenger door. I forgot socks! My feet were already rubbing against the sides and I could feel blisters forming as I ran into the school. The last bell rang just as I stepped into the classroom. “Your late Ms. Amarizon, detention at 3 o’clock, tonight.” Mr. Howard’s scolded. “Burn!” Claira laughed. “It’s okay, I’ll get him to drop it.” “No it’s fine.” I sighed.
The day was a drag, and so was detention. When I got to the parking lot, Joe wasn’t there, in fact the parking lot was empty except for a few teachers and two ninth grade delinquents’ being picked up by the bus. I had asked Joe to wait for me, but obviously he didn’t. I started to walk on my own to get to my house when a jeep pulled up next to me. “You need a ride?” “Sure.” I hopped in and buckled up. “Where to?” “Home.” We drove in silence to my house. When we got to my house Daniel finally spoke, “We’re still going out right, well fake?” “Ok.” I smiled. “Cool… So there’s a dance Friday night at the school, do you want to go, with me?” “I don’t know, but I’ll think about.” “Okay. That’s cool.” I got out of the car and waved to Daniel and he waved back, “See you tomorrow!” “Bye.” I said, but he’d already driven away. Daniel wasn’t so bad, but I still needed to get to know him. I went inside and snuck into my dad’s office and got on his laptop, of course it wasn’t password locked so I could easily get on it. I looked up Daniel’s name, he was sixteen, same age as me, same birthday, middle name, Skylar, huh, that’s funny, that’s the same one as mine. I looked at his background of where he lived, he lived in the police department, his father was John Edwards, head chief of the police department. Daniel was an advanced policeman last year, but too young to join, so dropped out of training. Has girlfriend. Mother is dead, brother is dead, twin sister is dead, grandmother, deceased, grandfather, the same, and same with the rest of his family except for his dad, and himself. Well there was his Step- mother and it said that Matt was his step- brother. I got off my dads computer and headed down to the barn where I found Joe sitting on a hay bale, his head hung low. “Hey, why didn’t you wait?” “Oh, sorry… I was just kind of busy and- never mind, just go ride Calypso.” “Okay.” I saddled up Calypso and rode her. I rode for almost four hours, but then I stopped riding her, I turned her around and brought her back to the barn and headed up to my room where I took a shower and soaked in the hot tub for a while. I fell asleep in the hot tub, but then was woken up by someone knocking on the bathroom door, “Hello?” “Oh, hey, it’s me.” Joe opened the door and came in. I wrapped a towel around my body and got out. “So uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to the dance Friday?” I bit my lip, “Uhh, I’m sorry, but I’m going with Daniel.” I had made my choice when I was riding Calypso and I was going to the dance with Daniel. “Of course you are.” Joe shuffled out of the bathroom slamming the door, and he did the same with my bedroom door. I sighed and got dressed into some P.J's. I looked up Daniel’s number in the address book, and called him. “Hello? If this is Claira please go die in a whole, bye-” “Oh wait it’s me, Elisa!” “Oh sorry, hi, what’s up?” “Um, I made up my mind and I’ve decided that I’m going to the dance with you.” “Cool. Want a limo?” “What?” “A limo? Or a police cruiser?” “You want me to ride in a police cruiser?” “I am kidding about that one, but do you want to be chauffeured in a limo?” “Um, you pick.” “Okay, that’s cool, I’ll see you tomorrow I gotta go, bye.” “Bye.” We hung up and I crawled into bed.

The next day at school it was a half day, and just as I was leaving through the doors to get to the Mustang, little Ms. Ceod pulled me aside. “You stay away from my boyfriend b****, if I see you near him again, I will be sure to make your life miserable.” She flipped me off and ran off to her pink convertible, tossing her hair as she went. I glared at her back and got into the Mustang where Joe was waiting. “Hey, I’m going to drop you off at the house, I have some errands to run.” I nodded. He dropped me off at the driveway and I headed down to the barn to ride Calypso for a few hours, I wanted to practice jumping her.
When I got down to the barn I saw a huge horse trailer being unloaded, I watched eighteen horses come lead off by Marissa and some guys. “Hey what are you doing here?” I asked. “Oh my mom said that I needed to move the horses, and myself in. My stuff will be all moved in on Friday. She told me to keep you company. I’m moving with you, my dad is moving to Malibu, Cally-fornia.” “Oh, well that’s neat.” “Yeah, it is. I can’t wait for the wedding, I think it’s next month on the fifteenth.” “I didn’t know that.” “Yeah mom just called me this morning.” “Oh, yeah Matt was looking for you.” “He can suck it up, anyway he’ll see me in a couple hours. I invited him over for a ride, and he invited Danny. Is that okay?” “Yeah, it’s fine, I was just going to jump Calypso.” “Oh that’s neat. I have a whole bunch of jumps in front of the trailer, do you mind helping me lift them out?” “Nope.” I helped her lift the jumps out and the helper guys set them up for us. There were eight helper guys. Marissa hugged one of the guys and he kissed her on the cheek, “Bye babe.” “Who’s that?” I asked suspiciously. “Oh a friend.” Marissa smiled. The trailer left with all the guys and Marissa and I ate lunch and watched television waiting for Matt and Daniel. Not even twenty minutes later the door bell rang and they came in. “Oh Matt you’re here!” Marissa jumped up and ran over to Matt and leaped into his arms, they started to kiss, and then stopped and hugged. Daniel came in shyly, and he waved to me, “Hi.” “Hi, you can come in you know, you don’t have to stay on the porch, come over here.” Daniel came over and took a seat next to me. “Nice house, it’s very big.” “Yes, it is. I would have thought you seen it before knowing that you know all about me.” “Well, I don’t know everything.” Daniel chuckled. “Come on you two love birds lets go ride some horses!” Marissa squealed. I walked next to Daniel down to the barn. I was saddling up Calypso when Daniel walked over. “I have never ridden a horse before, all I know is football, and you.” I climbed up on Calypso, “Here get on with me.” “Are you serious, I think that horse won’t be able to hold me.” “Your funny, come on get up.” “No way.” “Are you scared?” “No, why would I be scared. It’s just a horse.” “Come on fraid cat. Get up here!” Daniel climbed on behind me. I started to walk with Calypso and Daniel wrapped his arms around my waist. Matt and Marissa laughed at this and I started to trot away and into the woods. I felt Daniel bury his face in my neck, his face was warm against my neck and I felt safe with his arms wrapped around me. I picked up some speed, and galloped into the meadow. Calypso came to a stop and started to eat grass and I climbed off. Daniel got off and sat on the ground next to the horse. “I’ll admit it, it was really scary, but fun.” “It is fun. You should open your eyes though, the scenery is pretty.” “OK.” Daniel got up and hugged me, my heart pounded out of my chest I was afraid that he’d kiss me, but he didn’t. We embraced for a few more second and then laid down together and watched the clouds in the sky. It was peaceful and quiet all I could hear was Calypso munching on grass, but then Daniels phone went off, it’s startled us both. “I’m sorry, but I have to answer this.” “Okay.” Daniel opened his phone and started talking into it. The voice on the other line sounded mad. Daniel took a few steps away and I couldn’t hear what he was saying. I waited five minutes, but he wouldn’t get off his phone, he wandered all the way to the end of the meadow where he was just a speck for what I could see. I gave up and got on Calypso and took off back to the barn. I found Marissa and Matt up in the loft kissing so I just went up to the house and into my room where I buried my face in my pillow. I fell asleep.
Almost and hour later I heard a vehicle start up and I went over to the window, Matt was leaving with Daniel. I ran downstairs to say good bye, but Daniel got in the car. I yelled to him, but he must have not heard me. I started to turn around to go back to my room, but I saw Daniel look up at me, he looked really mad. I mouthed “I’m sorry,” but he turned his face before he could read my lips. I ran up to my room and cried. I stopped crying after a couple minutes. It was stupid for me to cry, after all I really didn’t like Daniel, I was just going out with him because of Claira. I heard knocking on my door and Marissa came walking in. “Hey, I just got a call from my dad, and he wants me to go with him to Malibu. I won’t be back till the wedding. I’m sorry, and um I hate to say this, but Daniel said he’s breaking up with you.” Marissa said chewing on her lip. “Wait what?” “I’m sorry.” Then Marissa left. I tried calling Daniel, then Matt, but no one was answering. I sat down and watched television for a couple then went to bed without supper, I was too upset and exhausted. I felt really lonely, even though there were at least one hundred housekeepers and butlers here, I was lonely. What was going on?
The next day at school Daniel wasn’t there.
On Friday Daniel wasn’t at school, I didn’t have a ride home, Thursday or today. I walked home in silence. I wasn’t going to the dance, I decided that I would try to catch a flight and go to Hawaii for a while then Malibu.

I called Marissa and asked if I could go with her, she said yes, but then she called back saying that her dad said no. I called Janet and my dad, they said they wanted me there, but it was there month to be alone. There was nothing for me to do. I went online and searched my mother. My moms name was Annalise. She had changed it and now it was Carter Ann Rose Ceod. I was shocked and mad, extremely mad, she was the mother of my enemy, the mother of the town snobby popular person that I hated. My ex-boyfriends first ex. I longed to see my mother, but not when she was Claira’s mother. I looked up her address, shockingly her house was across the street. So that’s why dad moved here. I went outside and walked across the driveway, across the road to my mother’s house. Claira wasn’t home so I was safe. I rose my hand to knock on the door, but stopped myself and I ran back into my house crying. I ran into Joe, I fell on my butt still crying. Joe was startled by me crying. “Whoah, are you okay.” I nodded, but then shook my head. “No.” Joe sat next to me and put his arm around me. “Dan told me what happened I’m sorry, but it’s your fault.” “What do you mean it’s my fault! I waited for him, but he never got off the phone he just walked off to the other side, I had no choice, but to wait, I waited like an hour, but then left! He had no reason to break up with me.” “Uh, that’s no what he told me. He told me that some girl told him that Matt likes you and you kissed him.” “I didn’t kiss Matt! Marissa is going out with Matt! I was inside sleeping anyways!” “Um not anymore, she broke up with him and said she was moving to Malibu and never coming back, she was pretty unhappy with you and Matt.” “What! None of that happened. I never kissed Matt, I like Daniel, it’s creepy, but I like Daniel.” “Oh. Well, then never mind.” “Never mind what? You are always so mopey when I talk about Daniel! What is wrong with you? You always start saying something then you say never mind! What is it? Can you please just tell me?” “Well, um, I kind of like you Elisa. Will you go to the dance with me, I mean if your okay with that?” I sighed, “Okay, I will.” “Well, it starts in thirty minutes. I have to go get ready.” “Okay.” I stood up and went to my room and washed of my runny mascara and dressed into a cute outfit, but I didn’t put make up on. I shuffled down the stairs to the porch and waited for Joe. He came out from back of the house with a rose. “For you.” “Thanks.” I set the rose on the porch steps and we got into the mustang.
When we got to the school, tons of people were lined up at the door. Joe had a free dance pass, and we got to go to the front of the line. When we got into the school a slow dance was playing and Joe immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me close. I wasn’t happy, but I at least smiled for Joe. We were spinning around when I heard the DJ, “This young man Danny S. would like to request a song for one young beautiful lady. Slow Love. Here’s Danny, everyone.” “Hey, everybody! It’s me Danny, time for my newly album called Slow Love!” I had no idea Daniel sang. Danny started singing, his voice was amazing, “Hey, ohhh, hey ohhh, hey girl, I see you there in my mind, you’re a dream, a piece of my heart, I’m falling for you.” I drowned in his voice and at the end he spoke before leaving the stage, “That was for my beautiful Claira! And here she is! Claira Ceod, your School Queen from 2014!” Claira hurried on stage wearing a wicked short mini skirt and a low cut tank top, her hair was in millions of amazing curls. My eyes burned, I don’t know how, but I was jealous. “Thank you Danny! Thank you everyone, I hope to make Queen again this year, and I hope my Danny will be King. Thank you everyone, vote for me!” Danny kissed Claira on the cheek and they walked hand and hand onto the dance floor. Another slow song came on and Danny was all over Claira, at the end of the song Danny had his lips and hands all over her. He saw me watching and I ran out onto the roof crying. Joe chased after me, “Wow, if your crying over Danny, then you better just leave. I’m tired of seeing you getting hurt, this is my night, with you. If your going to be like that you’ll have to chose, me or that sulky part of you.” “I don’t know!” “Well, you better choose I’ll give you ten-seconds. Anyway you’ve known this dude for only a couple days. “I said I don’t know!” “Well, then I’ll choose….. Go walk home! I’m sick and tired of you being mopey over a stupid fake break up.” “Fake?” “Yeah I said fake! I set it all up. I told Danny you made out with Matt, I told Marissa, and I told Matt that Marissa made out with Danny, so she broke with him, he broke up with her, and Danny broke up with you! Now get lost.” I pushed Joe, he pushed me back, “B****.” He whispered. “Loser! Get a life!” “I hate to break it to you, but I chose for you!” Joe growled. “No!” I slapped Joe across the face. He slapped me back, but not as hard, but it stun me, I was shocked. “You didn’t just do that!” I hissed. “Well, I did.” Joe growled. I slapped him harder, Joe pushed me, I punched him. Then Joe pushed me really hard, I tripped and fell off the roof, I felt like I was flying.

Joe stood at the top of the roof with his hand over his mouth and screamed. He ran down through the hall and into the dance room and shouted, “Somebody call 9-1-1!” The DJ turned on the song. “Somebody call 911 shorties-” Joe ran on stage and took the microphone from the DJ, “I’m serious! Who has a cell phone! Somebody’s hurt, Elisa Amarizon just fell off the roof!” Everybody went crazy and people ran out of the building to see Elisa. Danny ran away from Claira and ran out of the building first, he ran over the schools front lawn to the back of the building. Elisa was on the ground, her face was pale white, her left leg was crumpled beneath her, and her wrist was popped out of place, her body looked disoriented in many places as Danny could see. He pulled out his cell phone called his dad and the hospital. Danny could hear the sirens, but they were still very far away. He put his hand on Elisa’s neck to see if she had a pulse, she had no pulse. Nobody was coming around to the back as far as Danny knew. He closed his eyes and put his hand on Elisa’s abdomen, there was no way she would survive without him. He took a deep breath and forced all of his energy into her. Sparks exited from his finger tips and entered Elisa. Her pulse started up and quickened to a normal pace. Danny stood up, and whispered to Elisa, “I know you can’t hear me, but I’m sorry, I am psych kick, a symbol of life and death, good and evil. Bye Elisa.” Danny ran into the woods, and he was wrong about nobody being there at the back side of the school. Joe saw everything.
Just before the ambulance came I ran out to find Elisa, I stopped when I saw Danny stooped over her, fire was coming out of his hand and Elisa’s body moved, she looked dead, but then looked fine. I ran over to her just as Danny took off into the woods. I put my hand on Elisa’s wrist she was alive! Joe heard the ambulance arrive and picked up and Elisa and ran her over to the paramedics. “She’s badly hurt, she fell off the roof, well someone pushed her.” The ambulance took off and Danny’s father showed up in his police car. “Kid what’s your name?” “Joseph.” “Joseph do you know Daniel?” “Yeah, he was just here, but then he took off.” “Okay. Joseph do you know what happened?” “Yes.” “Is it okay if I take you down to the police station with me for some answers?” “Um, sure.” Joe followed the police officer to his cruiser and got in.
At the police station Joe got sent into a room with a table and two chairs, there was a tape recorder in the middle of the table. “Hello I am Deputy Carls, I will speak to you about what happened, tell me everything, truthfully.” Joe wasn’t truthful. “Well, I brought Elisa Amarizon to the dance, we were dancing and Elisa saw her former boyfriend kissing his new girlfriend.” “And her former boyfriend is?” “Daniel Edwards, Chief John’s son.” “Okay, I don’t think John knew about that, Daniel usually is with Claira Ceod, was he with Claira tonight?” “Yep.” “Okay go on.” “So Elisa ran out onto the roof crying, I chased after her and tried to console her, but she told me to leave her alone. So I just sat there and then Daniel came up. He told her to get over the fact that he was with Claira, and Elisa cried harder, and then Danny started yelling at her, he then pushed her, and called her a b****, so then she slapped him, he slapped her back, she pushed him, then he pushed her really hard and then she fell over the roof, then he just laughed and took off. I tried to stop him, but he had a gun and said he’d shoot me if I tried to stop him. Am I free to go?” “Not yet, were you truthful? You know Daniel was the one that called the hospital and us to tell us what happened.” “He did?” “Yes, but now it’s time for you to go, who are your parents?” “Uh, they are dead.” “Well, who do you live with?” “Elisa’s parents, her step mom’s my sister, but they are in Hawaii.” “So you guys have been staying alone together?” “Yes.” “What have you been doing this whole time?” “Going to school, and working around the house.” “So your sure about that? We have had recent break ins, and things have been stolen, and drug stores have been robbed and tons of drugs have been taken. Also the liquor stores have been, do you know anything about that?” Ut-oh. His best friend Caleb broke into those stores, “No sir, I don’t have anything to do with that.” “I would like you to come with me Joseph. Joe went with the Deputy to a jail cell full of people. The deputy took out a boy, Caleb. “Hey Joe, did you come here to bail me out? Or join me?” “Oh so you do know him?” The deputy glared at me. He picked up his walkie talkie, “Problem down at jail cell 27, bring back up, bring back up.” Joe took off running down the hallway and tried to leave, but before he could escape a was caught by Chief John Edwards. “So you have been trying to cause trouble have you? I guess you’ll just be staying here for the night.” He hauled Joe into the next cell and locked him up. Then Deputy Carls told Chief Edwards everything. Then Elisa’s parents were called, and they booked a flight immediately.
*********
I dreamed about Matt and Daniel again, but this time, Matt was replaced with Joe, they were fighting. Joe pulled out a gun, and shot Daniel, Joe was taking away to jail, then Daniel wasn’t dead he stood up, he said my name then I woke up.
My body was stiff, with pain, the last thing I remembered was Joe pushing me off the roof, and my body killing me. The pain is horrendous. The doctor won’t stop giving me pain pills, they aren’t working, they are only making it worse. I hear someone coming right now. I moved my head slightly and saw my dad and Janet running into the room. “Are you okay? We came as soon as we heard.” “I should have known that Daniel was up to know good, when I saw him dropping you off.” “I was fine until you said Daniel’s name, and Daniel didn’t do anything, it was Joe.” “You have concussion sweetie, Joe told us that he saw Daniel push you.” I tried to sit up, but it hurt too much. “No! Daniel didn’t do anything. Joe pushed me off the roof! Open my brain up and look at my memory! Test my skin cells on my arms to find Joe's finger prints!” “Elisa I’m sorry, but you need to rest, your parents need to leave before you get too riled up.” The doctor spoke, then to my dad and Janet he said, “She had a bad fall, she’s lucky that she survived, we monitored her heart and it stop for almost three minutes, I don’t know how she survived, but she was dead, now she’s alive. She has a mild concussion, a sprained leg, and a broken wrist. She’s going to have to be in here for a few weeks until she’s ready to be off the fluids and strong drugs.” “Okay. Will she be okay?” “Like I said she’s lucky to have survived it must have been a miracle, but she will be okay, she’s not in perfect conditions, but she’s okay. Now it’s time for you guys to leave, if you want to stay in the lobby it’s fine.” How could of I survived? This thought started to go through my head, one million times, then the doctor gave me a shot and everything went blurry.
I woke up feeling like I had slept for years. Turns out the doctor had given me the wrong pain reliever and I had been in a coma for eight months. The doctor had gotten fired. Nobody knows I’m awake yet. I feel really weak, my legs are super skinny, my whole body is tiny. I tried to stand up, but I fell on the floor. I crawled over to a wheel chair and sat down in it. I rolled to down the hall to the lobby and found my dad there. He was sleeping. I shook him awake, “Janet?” “No dad it’s me.” “Elisa?” My dad’s eyes flung open. “Oh my god your awake!” My dad squeezed me tightly. “Ow.” I gasped. “Oh sorry. Janet and I have been so worried about you. You’ve been asleep for seven months, and Janet’s about to have her baby, and we’ve just been so worried, we thought you were dead. You were in a coma, we sued the doctor that put you under, and he’s in jail for three years, Joe is in jail for breaking into stores and robbing them, and Daniel is missing, Joe is in jail for maybe forever because of pushing you off the building. I mean Daniel is supposed to be in jail for pushing you, but the police are blaming both of them, because they took tests to see whose skin cells were on you and Daniels and Joe’s were on you.” “What? Wait Janet’s pregnant?” “Oh. Didn’t I tell you?” “No.” A voice came over the intercom, “A patient is missing, Elisa Amarizon is missing, report to third floor.” “Well, I guess we have to return you.” My dad walked me to the doctors, they were surprised to see me. “How? We thought you were going to die! You were in a coma, oh Elisa!” Janet was in a wheel chair too, he stomach was huge! “Is it a boy or girl?” “What?” Janet asked confused. “Your baby. Is it a boy or a girl? My new sister or brother?” “Oh sweetie you don’t have to worry about it, lets talk about you. Are you okay?” “Yes, I just want to know the baby.” “Oh, it’s twins. Ones a boy and the others a girl.” “Cool. That means I’ll have sister and a brother?” “Yes, but step.” “You’re my mom now.” “Well, step, your dad and I aren’t married yet.” “Oh, well um Janet, mom, I think you of my mom.” “Oh your so sweet, Elisa, you are my daughter, my first daughter, well so is Marissa, but I like you as a daughter more, you’re here, Marissa’s in California?” “Mom? Your pregnant?” “Marissa hey sweetie… Steve? You came?” “Well, yeah. Marissa wanted to see Elisa and asked me to come with her.” “Oh.” “I’m sorry Elisa, that I blamed you. Are you okay? Matt and I are so worried about you.” “Yes, it’s okay. As long as my family’s with me, I’ll be fine. Our mom is having twins, we are going to have a brother and sister.” “Awe, that is so cool! Elisa I hope you feel better. I have to go now, I have to go get ready for graduation.” “Wait I thought you were in eleventh grade?” “Oh know, I’m in twelfth.” “Oh.” “I skipped a grade when I was in seventh.” “Can I come?” “Mom, can Elisa come?” “I don’t know girls we’ll have to ask the doctors.”

We bribed the doctors to let me go, they finally said yes only if one of the doctors came with us.
Marissa graduated and earned a Basketball Scholarship to a college in Tennessee. The doctor didn’t let me stay for the after party, so I was stuck at the hospital for the afternoon, but at least I was with Janet. “How was the graduation?” “ Marissa graduated and got a Scholarship for Basketball to some college in Tennessee.” “That’s really great! Oh come here, you want to feel my stomach, the babies won’t stop kicking.” I felt Janet’s stomach, sure enough the babies were kicking, it felt so cool. “Isn’t it amazing?” “Yes, it is, it’s so cool!” I smiled. “Your smile is so pretty, I wish I had your smile.” Janet said. “You do have a pretty smile, mom. So does Marissa and so will your babies.” “Oh you are so sweet.” Marissa came running into the room. “Mom! I got a scholarship!” “Oh sweetie that’s amazing!” “Oh Elisa, guess what?” “What?” “You get to come home! Today!” “Awesome, but I think I’m going to stay here with mom.” “Oh no Elisa I think you should go home.” Mom said. “Are you sure?” “Yes, your dad will stay with me, thank you Elisa.” I smiled, “Your welcome mom.” “Come one Elisa! My dad will drive us home, Dad? You are going to drive us right.” “Yes, Rissy.” Marissa gave me some of her clothes to change into and then we got into the car. Marissa helped me into the house, my leg was sore, but I could walk! Marissa and I sat on the couch and Steve went to the guest room and took a nap. “So your dad was thinking about extending your room and making it bigger so we could share, but if you don’t want to I’ll get the room next to yours. “ “No I’d love to share with you. Where is the baby room going to be?” “In between ours and mom and your dads. Also we will be sharing, but I’m going to college next week, but when I visit we can share.” “Oh.” “Are you disappointed.” “No, it’s cool, but I’m going to miss you.” “I’m going to miss you too. I’m going to call you everyday, and I think you guys are flying down with me. I don’t know if mom is, but we can fly down together and Matt and you can fly back together. Oh and also do you remember when I dropped off the horses and those guys that helped, well the one that I hugged.” “Yeah, I remember.” “He’s also my boyfriend. I will break up with him, but I don’t know how to, I mean I love Matt, but I also like this guy. His name is Alex Turner.” “Oh, well. That stinks.” “Do you promise not to tell anyone?” “I promise.” “Oh and by the way Shelly’s back in town. I ran into her when we were getting off the plane this morning.” “What?” “I’m kidding. I don’t even know who Shelly is, I just saw a paper on her in the newspaper that she got arrested and your dad sued her.” “Oh that’s good.” “Yeah. Well, can I invite Matt over?” “Sure.” “Did you know he graduates tomorrow.” “What? I thought that he was in my homeroom, my grade?” “Oh yeah well his dad made him stay back, but he has enough credits to move on.” “Oh. I’m going to be lonely.” “Well, you can go to Tennessee for your last year of high school if you want?” “No, it’s fine.” I only went to school for a week at Thunderbird High. Wow, and there was only four weeks left of school for me. “I go back to school on Friday, and it’s Wednesday.” “That sucks that you have to go to school on Friday.” “Yeah it does. Oh well.”
The next day at 8 PM Janet’s water broke. As Marissa and I rushed to the hospital, mom gave birth, to two cute babies, a boy and a girl. “The boys name is Augustas Lou, and the girl is Ashley Liles.” My dad told us. Mom was happy as she was holding Augustas and Ashley. “Girls? You want to hold them?” Mom asked. I nodded and I held Augustas, he started to cry and I handed him back to mom, he stopped. Instead I held Ashley. She was really cute, she had red baby hair, that was really soft. Marissa left early to go over to Matt’s. I left at 10 PM and went home to sleep.
Marissa drove me to school in the morning. Everybody was really surprised to see me. I got tons of hugs, and five boys asked me out. I said no to all. I was asked to the Summer Fling by twenty-eight boys. When Claira saw me she threw a hissy fit and ran out the school and then got suspended for swearing at a teacher. I had many assignments to make up, but Mr. Howard's said it was okay and I didn’t have to do them if I wrote an eleven paged essay about my disaster that happened eight months ago.
It took my seven days to complete the essay. I wrote about the horses, about Daniel, about Joe, Shelly, Marissa, the dance, my fall off the roof, my coma and ended it with mom having the twins. It was much longer than eleven pages long and Mr. Howard's gave me an extra grade and put me in writing excel. The writing excel teacher read my essay and cried. Then she asked if she could get it published. She sent it to New York. The publishers thought it was a big hit and sold over one billion copies of it. I made tons of money and I was asked read the essay aloud. I read it to sixty high schools in Washington and to all the high schools in New York. I gave away tons of autographs and I donated two thousand dollars to my school, Thunderbird High. I didn’t want to, but I bailed Shelly out jail and bought her an apartment. She thanked me and gave me eternal gratitude. She said that she’d serve me as a house cleaner until I die, but I said she didn’t have to. Shelly had triplets with Clark, and Joe got out of the Jail the following month after school got out.

One night when I was sleeping I heard a tapping noise at my window. I got up and saw Joe on the balcony. I opened up the window, “Please leave, if you’re here to try to kill me, leave now before I call the police.” “Please, I need to tell you something!” “Fine, but make it quick.” “I’m sorry. I know I pushed you off and I lied. I put Daniel in trouble. You see Daniels not human.” “What?” “He’s not, when you fell he saved your life, he has magic or something, he used it to save you. You were dead and he brought you back to life.” “Are you crazy, wait are you drunk?” “No, I’m telling the truth Elisa. He saved your life, you were dead, I watched you die when I pushed you off, but when I came running down to see you, Daniel was by your side, black fire flew out of his fingers and you twitched and then you started breathing, then he whispered to you about how he was part evil, but good, and that he was pshych kick.” “Okay you are scaring me. DA-” Joe put his hand over my mouth. “No! I’m telling you, it did happen. Elisa please believe me!” Then I tried to scream again, “MOM! DA-” Then the most surprising thing happened Joe kissed me. He pushed me against my window and had his lips against mine. I tried to push him away, but he wouldn’t stop!” I bit him on his lips. He started cussing and his lip bled. “I was just trying to shut you up, look I’ll do anything, just please believe me, I’m sorry.” “I-I hate you! Leave.” I pointed away, “Leave now!” I whispered madly. “No. Only if you kiss me like I wanted to at the school dance, I deserve it!” “No, you don’t.” “Do you want me to kill you?” “Yes then.” Joe grabbed my shirt and shoved me hard against the balcony railing. “Elisa please don’t do this, I love you, just please kiss me?” “I’d rather die than kiss a murderer like you! Let me go!” “No, please don’t do this!” Then he kissed me, he wouldn’t stop this time I couldn’t bite him, I kicked him hard in the stomach, but he would let go of me. Then suddenly Joe went flying back against the window, it smashed loudly and the burglar alarm went off. Joe was throwing punches at something invisible, but he was being beaten by it. Joe was lifted into the air, you could see wear the thing had hold of his shirt. Joe’s head kept going back from hard blows from the invisible thing. Then Joe kicked the thing hard. “Joe! Stop it!” “NO! YOU HURT ELISA! YOU WILL PAY!” “Daniel?” I asked really confused. My bedroom door flung open and I looked to see who it was, it was dad and he had a bat in hand. I sat on the balcony scared. The invisible Daniel touched my shoulder and I watched him jumped off the balcony, there was the outline of his figure. I breathed heavily and scared. “Elisa?” “Out here dad.” “What the hell happened?” Police cruisers started pulling in. The alarm was still going off and I could hear Augustas and Ashley crying. “Elisa?” I dad’s voice was drowned out of my head and all I could think of was the invisible figure. I felt my shoulder where Daniel had touched me. Chills went up my spine, he was still here, somewhere. My dad went back through the broken window and was talking to the police and Joe was being carried away. Then everything became a blur.

Part 2 I woke up with my head pounding, I couldn’t remember a thing. I was lying on the couch, not knowing how I got there. There was a glass of water on the coffee table and a note, ‘Advil on counter, be back with mom in few hours, call me if any problems, (497)-555-227. Dad’ I picked up the water and went into the kitchen and found another note. ‘Police may stop by, don’t be afraid to answer the door, also give them as thorough details as possible of what happened-Dad P.S. Note on coffee table if you didn’t see it.’ Why would the police be stopping over? What happened? I took some Advil, and went back in the living room and watched television. There was a knock on the door and I expected it to be the police. I opened the door. “Hello.” “Hi Elisa?” It wasn’t the police it was Daniel. I hyperventilated and fainted. “Ma'm? Elisa? Ma'm? Wake up.” I woke up and saw a police man, Daniel’s father. I was about to faint again, but he caught me. “Whoa there, lets get you inside.” The sheriff put me on the couch. “Now, I would like you to answer a few questions for me?” “What happened last night? What time were you woken up?” “I-. I don’t know. I can’t remember.” “Oh. Well, will this jog your memory, someone broke in and kissed you? Perhaps something like that happened?” “I think so?. Oh my god yes!” I felt my shoulder and everything came back. “Yes. I was sleeping and someone was tapping on my window. I checked balcony and found Joseph. He had asked for me to talk to him, but I told him to leave, but he wouldn’t so I yelled for my dad, but he put his hand over my mouth, then he begged for me to listen to him about this paranormal thing, then he still wouldn’t leave so I screamed, and he kissed me! He pushed up against the window and I bit his lip because he wouldn’t stop. Then I asked him to leave, he said if I kissed him. I said no, so he said he’d kill me if I didn’t. I said I’d rather die then be kissed by him, then he pushed me against the balcony railing and started to kiss me, I kicked him, but wouldn’t let go then he fell back into the window and it shattered then the alarm went off and everything became a blurb.” “Okay. So do you know how he flung himself into the window? Did you kick him again? Did someone body mysteriously come and stop him?” “I don’t know.” “Okay, I’m going to leave now, take it easy Miss. Amarizon. I’m assuming your parents are out?” “Yes, they said they’d be back soon, I don’t know I’ll call.” “Elisa?” “Yep. The police are here.” “Okay we are pulling in the driveway right now.” “They are here.” I told the police man I went to my bedroom. I was getting on top of my bed to take a nap when I laid on something. “Oomph!” I immediately got off and backed up to my wall. I couldn’t see a thing on my bed, only the blankets and pillows, “Hello?” Then something appeared first the feet then the rest of it’s body, Daniel. “Oh sorry to scare you.” “Scare me! You practically gave me a heart attack. If it wasn’t for you my life would be normal! Police wouldn’t be coming all the time to talk or check up on me, we wouldn’t have to be securely guarded! Daniel thanks a lot! You are wanted dead or alive. Joe is in jail, and probably dead because of you!” “Elisa honey is everything okay up there?” Mom yelled up the stairs, “Yep everything is just fine, just watching some DUMB old movie!” “Okay. I’m making some lasagna if you want any please come down.” “Okay mom! I’m not hungry!” “Okay sweetie!” Daniel got up and explored the room, “Nice closet by the way.” “What? You get out right now!” “Okay if you say so. Oh yeah before I forget, Happy Birthday.” Daniel flicked his fingers and a box appeared on the bed. I gasped, “Get out!” “Bye adult.” “GET OUT NOW!” I screamed at him and turned the stereo on high. Daniel grinned and jumped off the balcony and became invisible before hitting the ground. Then the police cruisers alarm went off. I couldn’t help, but laugh then cry. I went over to the box. I opened it, there was another box, then another and another. I opened up ten boxes and finally came to something, a card. ‘Elisa, wish for anything, I am sorry for everything I did. Happy Birthday.’ The first thing that came to mind was you. Daniel popped up next to me. “What did you wish for?” “Oh god.” “What? Was it bad?” “Yep he’s standing right next to me.” “Ohhhhh, so I’m your birthday present? You know, you could of wished for anything, a pony, a unicorn, a Pegasus, a cat, a rainbow that stayed with you forever, to be really famous, to be a movie star to have a boyfriend that is Prince Charming…….” Daniel went poof and then appeared on my bed laying down. “You have one more chance to choose your present, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3.……,2.……., 1!” Daniel poofed and then I wished for……… Daniel, but by accident this time. “You are driving me crazy! Who are you? Am I dreaming? Going insane? Oh god please help me!” “God is not going to help you. Elisa I am an angel, not I am the devil, no I’m a shadow, okay I am a shadow god that is stuck on earth for all eternity. The only way to change it is fall in love with a mortal, like you, and loose my powers, but then I’m sent right back up to god, but I don’t want up there! I want down here. I know I’m crazy, but I don’t want up there, even though I belong up there!” “Okay, you are really scaring me now, please just leave.” I sat down on the floor holding my head. “I can’t.” “What?” “I said I can’t. You bound yourself to me by wishing for me.” “Oh so you wanted me to wish for everything to go back to normal so you could have it your way?” Then Daniel was gone, the boxes were gone, and he was gone! My heart stopped and everything went spinning and I fell down into a dark spinning hole.

I woke up in a hospital bed, the room looked really familiar, I was in the mental hospital! I screamed, and three nurses came running in. “What’s wrong?” “Oh my god she spoke!!!! Call her mother! And quick!” One of the nurses pulled out a cell phone, “Hello is this Carter?” “Okay, your daughter just spoke and she’s ready to home.” “ Did you hear that Elisa? Your mom will be here in a few minutes!” I got up and went to the bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror, I was shorter, and my hair was lighter, I looked like I was only fourteen. I turned on the TV and it was talking about the upcoming storm of 2012. “Oh my god I am fourteen! This is just terrible! And I don’t have my period yet! This means next week is my birthday and I’m getting my period again! This life sucks! I want my life back! Daniel! Help ME!” I screamed as loud as I could. “Elisa?” It was my mom. “Mom!” I ran out into the hallway and hugged her tightly. “Oh man I miss you so much. I can’t wait to tell you everything that’s happened, I mean how dad met Janet and then she had twins, and how I almost died!” “Um honey who’s Janet, and your dad is living with me. I think you bumped your head again, come on lets get you home. This mental place gives me the creeps.”
Mom drove us home and we didn’t go to the house across from the mansion that I lived in, we went to the small apartment that I hadn’t been to since I was seven. I jumped out as soon as we stopped the car and I kissed the ground happy to have my life back. “Yes finally home! Yahoo!” I jumped for joy. “Are you okay Elisa? You were just here last week.” “Oh, I was?” My past is extremely messed up, what did Daniel do? I followed my mom inside and the guy that was supposed to be my dad wasn’t. I was supposed to be an only child, but Claira was there. “Hey dad look what the dog dragged in!” Claira laughed. “Be nice to your sister Laira.” “Fine.” Claira hissed. I went upstairs to my room and jumped on my bed, it smelled the same way it used to! I looked at my walls, they weren’t blue, and my easel wasn’t in there. The walls were pink and everything was in big boxes except for the bed. I buried my head in my pillow. “Pig what are you doing in my room? And on my BED! MOM! PIG IS ON MY BED!” “This is my room though!” I cried. “UM no it’s no-ot! It’s in the closet!” Claira pointed across the hall. “But-” “No but’s, oh yeah there is one right there, a real fat butt.” I ran across the hall and into the closet, it was really small, and there were no lights. I closed the door and then heard Claira laughing. I tried to open the door it wouldn’t open! “MOM!” I screamed. “Mom and dad left to go birthday present shopping for me in California!” I heard a knock on the door and a boys voice, “Hey Clair, we going to do this or what?” “Yep, lets go to my room.” They headed to Claira’s room and I watched Claira sit down on her bed and the boy and her started to make out. I started kicking the wall, and the boy stopped and turned around and looked at the closet, “Did you lock your sister in there again?” Claira just smiled. I looked at the boy, and gasped, it was Daniel. “Daniel you gotta help me! Let me out!” “Sure.” Daniel got up and unlocked the door and I shoved it open and hugged Daniel. “Whoa! I didn’t save your life or anything, you can let go now.” I let go. “Daniel please give me my life back?” “What?” “Oh god! MY parents are pulling into the driveway.” “Crud!” “Hide in the closet!” Daniel got into the closet and I followed, “Hey! There’s no room for both of us.” “Please give me my life back Daniel, I promise I love you! Shadow god please?” “Whoa, wait a minute how did you know I was a Shadow god?” “Don’t you remember? Last night my birthday, you asked what I wished for, I wished for you, then I somehow turned back time, to everything normal.” “Okay slow down what?” “Okay Daniel cut it out, you need to stop playing games with me.” Then I kissed him and I heard the closet door open, “You little player! Get out of my house now! I’m sooo breaking up with you!” I didn’t realize, but Daniel had kissed me back. “I now know.” He whispered in my ear. “You are sooooooooooo grounded.” “What did I do?” “Okay sorry it’s just I love Danny and he kissed you!” “We were going to do home base, but then mom and dad got here and you came home!” “Home base? Seriously! You should be grounded!” “Okay, okay only first base, today was the first time we have kissed.” I looked at her sternly. “You sure?” “Yeper! Bye! I’m going to a party! Don’t tell.”
The next three years of my life went by quickly. I will be 18 in almost a year, I’m in eleventh grade tomorrow is Friday dance night, and I am determined to get back my life. I am going to jump off the school roof on dance night. Daniel is my best friend and he said that’s the only way for me to get my life back. Daniel is up north trying to get info from his cousin that’s another shadow god. Hopefully he will get back soon. I have to find Joe so I can get him to be my date.
I got into my moms car and drove to my dad’s house. Janet and Dad weren’t there, but Joe was. He was bringing his horse down to the barn. “Did he get out?” I asked. “Oh Elisa your dad has been looking for you! Shelly said you were in Hawaii, and they are there looking for her, and your right she is pregnant!” “Oh. Well I really need a date to the dance tomorrow, mind coming with me?” “Sure, but don’t tell Shelly.” “Kay, come over my friends house tomorrow at seven. See you tomorrow.” “Bye!” I ran up to the house and to my room, not Carters house, but mine. I went to my room and grabbed some clothes and I was about to open the bedroom door when I heard the shower door close, and the bathroom door opened, and out… walked me. We both screamed, me, and I screamed. I ran out of the house and got into my car and hit the gas hard and speeded to my mom’s house. I got there and found no one home. I settled down and went to sleep.
The next day school flew by quickly and soon I was being picked up by Joe. I watched the different Daniel make out with Claira and I ran up onto the roof and Joe followed I got him to push me, and I was about to fall when Daniel caught me, “No don’t this time you’ll die, my cousin told me something and all you have to do is say I am lost, but now I’m found, please turn time back around.” “I am lost, but now I’m found, please turn time back around?” “Don’t say it as a question.” “Okay. I am lost, but now I’m found, please turn time back around.” “Have fun in your other life!” The world spun crazily and I blackened out.
 

Part 3
I opened my eyes I was sitting on the floor in my bedroom, “Daniel?” “Yeah?” “Are you here?” “Yeah. I just had the weirdest dream.” “Me too, Daniel?” “Yeah?” “Are you really a Shadow God?” “Will you believe me if I tell you?” “Yeah.” “I am god.” He said with a serious face. “Are you serious?” Then he burst out laughing. “You actually believed me?” “Yes, and that’s not funny!” “Okay I am a Shadow God, but I’m not stuck on earth, I can go wherever I want, whenever I want and nobody can stop me. I am basically a shadow or a soul of magic from the past and future.” “Wow.” “Yeah I know right?” “Elisa!” My moms voice broke into our conversation. “The horses are out and Augustas just spit up! Can you please come down here?” “Okay coming!” “Daniel you coming?” “No, they’ll call my dad.” “Invisible you imbecile.” “Oh, sure.” Then Daniel became invisible and I couldn’t see him anymore. I ran down the stairs and I was just about to step down the last step when, “SURPRISE!” I screamed and fell the rest of the way. Everybody jumped out from behind the sofa’s. “Happy eighteenth birthday!” Everybody yelled. I stood up with the help of the invisible Danny and was welcomed with many hugs. Marissa was here with Matt and there was a sparkly diamond ring on her left hand. I raised me eyebrows, “Taking a leap are you?” “What? Oh the ring! Yeah he proposed to me yesterday at lunch! Oh and can I talk to you for a second? Alone?” “Sure.” “Cake! Elisa come blow out your cake!” “Can we talk later?” “Yeah, that would be great! How’s Tennessee?” “Good. Now your cake.” “Blow out the candles and wish!” I blew out the eighteen candles and wished a happy marriage for Marissa and Matt. “Happy birthday to you…” I heard a whisper in my ear, Daniel was leaving. I grabbed hold of him and ran to the bathroom without trying to make myself noticeable. “Hey! Let go!” “No. You are coming with me.” I shut the bathroom door and Daniel became invisible. “Please, please don’t leave. Why are you leaving anyways?” “I just, there’s too many people here and I just…. have to go.” “Why? Can you please stay? For me?” “It’s going to take more than that.” “Pretty please with cherries on top!” I pleaded, and gazed into his eyes like a sad puppy. “That’s not going to work.” “Then what?” “I don’t know. I want to kiss you!” “Then kiss me.” “I can’t.” “Why not? Didn’t you just say you wanted to?” “I did, but I can’t.” “Why?” Daniel sat down on the floor, “I just can’t.” “Come on, you make it sound so bad, are you playing hard to get?” “I will be hard to get.” I sat down beside him. “What do you mean?” “I mean if I fall-” I kissed him, he tried pulling away, but I kissed him. My head spun dizzily and I pulled away from the kiss, Daniel had turned invisible and I couldn’t find him. “Why did you have to do that?” “I- I didn’t know that it was bad.” “You don’t understand. I can’t be with you like this.” “Yes you can.” “I can’t, you see! I can’t be with a mortal, if I fall in love anymore I’ll disappear altogether, and I am in love with you and I will disappear sometime. I go somewhere, where it’s unspeakable, it’s dark and It’ll take my memories and punish me. “Oh, well can’t you stop that? Wait weren’t you in love with Claira for a while?” I started to get mad. “Well yeah, but she’s not human.” “What?!” “She’s a Morpse.” “Morpse?” “A mix of a dead queen and a witch. She lives forever, once she is born. She’s special.” “Oh so I’m not special?” “I didn’t mean it like that!” “Oh sure you did.” “I’m sorry.” Daniel appeared. His face flushed. “Look, I don’t want to hurt you. That only way I can be with you is for us not to love each other.” “But I do.” “You can’t, it’s the only way. I don’t love you.” “I Hate you! Go away!” “That’s it.” “I mean it! Get out of my life now! I asked to be with you, and you wanted to be with me, but now you don’t! Get out of my life now!” I screamed and I pushed him. I pushed him through the window and watched him float away and turn invisible.
I locked myself away in my bedroom all night, and the next day, and all week. Starving myself, not talking to anyone or sleeping. Daniel was probably gone forever now because of me. I couldn’t take it anymore. I filled a garbage bag with some of my clothes, a blanket and some food. Then I climbed out through my window and onto the balcony and down onto the ground where I got into one of the servants jeeps, and took off. I drove up north into the mountains. Stopping only along the way to fill the car up with gas.
I finally came to an old log cabin in the middle of nowhere, it was deserted with No Trespassing signs hammered up all around it. I got out and pulled my stuff out of the jeep and pried the cabin door open. I got a huge whiff of dust and sand and I started to sneeze like crazy. I found a light switch and flipped it up. The whole cabin lit up. The whole place was covered in dust. I wiped off a table with a brown rag and set my bag on the table, and searched for a clean duster, or a rag. I came across a bathroom and a cabinet. I opened it up and squealing, black animals came flying out. I screamed, and ran out of the room, and I stepped on an animal. Oh. It was only a bat. I went back into the bathroom and found a roll of paper towels. I did my best to clean up all the dust and I settled down to a warm can of peaches and hamburg gravy. After that I explored the cabin a little bit and I fell asleep on a plastic covered sofa, that was actually quite comfortable if you took off the plastic cover.
I woke up in the dark. I had to go to the bathroom really bad. I was thinking that I was still home and I walked straight into a wall! I sat against the wall, then remembered where I was and I stood up to look for a light. I found the bathroom, and I cleaned up the bath tub to take a shower. I turned on the faucet and brown water came out. After using the toilet, the lights started to flicker, by then I was ready to give up, but suddenly a blinding light pierced the dark. I shielded my eyes as a glowing, cloaked figure entered the bathroom. “Elisa? Oh thank god it’s you!” “What? Oh who are you?” “Oh I am a monster! Fear me!” “What? Oh my god. Claira?” “ Yep you found me out, actually Cleopatra named after the greatest egyptian queen on earth.” “A morpse?” “Yeper! We should get home now.” “Why? My life sucks.” “Oh uh huh.” “Just please leave me be, your supposed to be some evil witch, not supposed to be helping me, anyways you hate me, go maul Dan or do what ever you beauty snobs do.” “Excuse me? Evil? No I think you are getting me wrong, I was supposed to act like some popular queen bee so I wouldn’t stand out as some evil witch.” “Isn’t that what Queen Bee’s are?” “Oh, but people wouldn’t figure me out like that, you see they would only notice weird things if I acted all innocent.” “Oh.” “So anyways, I am good, and I will not go maul Dan, especially after what I just found out.” Cleo added. “What do you mean? Oh no! I made him disappear! I should never if kissed him.” I burst out crying. “Heck no, he has not disappeared, but I think you should come meet your real mother.” “My real mother? Carter?” “Mmm hmm.” Cleo nodded. “But Carter is my real mother.” “Yeah, but do you know the real her?” “No.” “So come on lets fly!” I followed Cleo out of the house, “Wait fly?” “Yeah duh.” “Duh? How the heck will you be able to carry me across the sky?” “Silly, you have wings, you are just like me.” WHAT!? I am just LIKE YOU?! I started freaking out. Cleo lifted off, “Come on, we are both born from the same mother, you have the same abilities as me!” “But how? It’s impossible!” Suddenly I felt this buzzing, and dizzy feeling, and I felt light. I felt my back, from my shoulders a feathery wings extended. It hurt, but I was in too much awe to notice. “It’ll be sore, but come lets drift!” I was freaking out as I flew next to Claira, how was any of this possible, I ran to get away, and I was found and brought even deeper into this mess.
We flew to the house across from my house, and we snuck into Cleo’s (Claira’s) room without being noticed. She told me to pretend to sleep in bed, and Cleo hid behind her door. She had set her alarm for 8:00 AM and we both fell asleep one of in bed, the other behind the door.
At 8:00 we jolted awake and waited for mom to wake ‘Cleo’ up for church. Cleo still was behind the door, and I pretended to sleep under the blanket. There was a tiny tap on the door, “Claira honey, time to get up sweetie.” Oh I hadn’t heard her voice in years. Cleo put her finger over her lips in the shh motion, and I kept quiet. She began to open the door and she stepped in, I peeked under the blanket as she stepped towards me, her hair was different than I remembered, it was bleach blonde, and her face was worn down, but she still was pretty. “Claira baby, or Cleo wake up.” I shut my eyes and pretended to sleep. I felt her hand brush the blanket off my shoulder, and she shook me, but she surprisingly stepped back and gasped, “Elisa?” “Oh mom!” I jumped up. Cleo shut the door, “See, I brought her like you asked! She is just like me! Isn’t that great?” “Oh yeah, um why?” My mom asked. “Why? I am just like you and Cleo, isn’t it awesome, but mom can I see your true form?” “My true form.” My mom said softly. “Cleo, leave.” “Why?” “Just leave!” My mom shouted and then she raised her hand, the door flung open and Cleo went flying back, her body slammed against the hall wall and she slumped down onto the floor. A man from when I wished of another life appeared, Claira’s father, “Claira? Oh Claira! Carter! Whats happened? Whats going on? Who’s SHE?” He asked confused, but then mom slammed the door. “Ahh finally, I can finally rid of you.” “Rid? Of me? Why?” “Oh you have no idea! It wasn’t meant to be, I was supposed to only have one immortal child, and sacrifice the mortal one, but since you are immortal, oh how I could rule the world, the universe would be in hands!” She laughed evilly. “What do you mean?” I asked really confused. “You plan to kill me?” “No, I plan to destroy you!” “Oh um, pleasant.” Daniel crashed through the window, “WHOA! I didn’t know your immortal, no wonder I didn’t disappear, and wait a minute, you mean you plan to kill your own daughter?” “Son of Omirty be gone!” “No, you are not killing the one I love.” “Love you say? Why do you stand before me in combat? You know you will loose Daniel, along with my daughter, you guys will perish to the unknown.” Daniel’s face went blank. I averted my eyes, and my eyes caught something from the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a shiny object in a drawer. I ran towards the drawer and pulled out the object, it seemed familiar, and it all suddenly came to me, I had flash backs of my dream, Daniel stayed Daniel, but Joe changed into my mom, she had a dagger, she turned towards me and tried to kill me. I was thrown from my flash back and my mom noticed me, I unsheathed the object, the dagger. It’s shine awed me and I stood ready to fight. My mom ran towards me, her eyes turning black, and her body shape shifted into this large fiery figure. Mom leaped towards me with speed, but I stepped side ways avoiding her strike. She held a long blazing sword, it gleamed red. I stood in defense and Daniel attacked from behind, she knocked him back against a wall and she cornered me, I stabbed at her leg and it sliced her, black oozed from the cut, but it immediately healed. I stood back in shock. “You could never handle this power, there is more out there worse than me Elisa, you will die!” Her voice said in a screech. “No.” I screamed. I thrust the dagger towards her, but she threw me into a wall. She formed a ball of fire and it flew towards me, I ducked and I ran into the wooden bed. I became dizzy and blacked out.
I woke up on the floor, my evil mother was chanting in some crazy language and a monstrous, black hole was forming in the floor, it started sucking all of it’s surroundings. Wind started to gust in high blasts and everything caught on fire. Daniel was in the corner, his hand was over his stomach. I ran over to him, his stomach was bleeding. “What happened?” “When she threw you against the bed, I charged her and she swung around, her sword slipped and well lucky for her, it impaled my stomach.” “No. I have healing powers right? You saved me?” “You are just now a figure, you haven’t became a witch or shadow, you haven’t harnessed your powers yet. But don’t worry about me, you need to stop your mother, or else there will be no civilization, or any type of life left in this world. Hurry, use the dagger.” My eyes burned with tears, “No, I am staying with you.” “Elisa, you don’t understand, it’s either me or the world, even if you chose me, the world would still perish and so would I. There is no choice in life in death, you can only fight it! I love you, you can do this!” I stood up and ran for my dagger. It was by her left foot. I dove for it and stabbed her foot, the heat was painful, but I had to save this world. I stabbed her in the foot, and sliced her leg, the fire got worse, and she burned more. She screeched with rage and threw me out of her way. She kept cursing in a language and the hole got larger. She grabbed my hair and flung me towards the hole, I clung on to her and we battled. She sliced at my arms and legs multiple times, the pain killed, but time was the only thing that mattered. The world was in my hands. I ferociously stabbed at her, but missed numerous times. “Child you cannot defeat me.” I saw my chance, I knocked her sword from her hand, it made her go off balance, and I forcefully rammed my dagger into her chest. She screeched with rage as her body began to cool, the fire calmed and her body became human, she wasn’t dead yet. “You can’t stop me, you’ve only made it worse.” She grabbed on to me and screamed the last words of her chant, the hole seemed to engulf the whole room. She tried to throw me into the black hole, but I used my advantages to stop her, I threw her off balance by knocking her off her feet, she stumbled back and whispered my good byes then I watched her fall into the outrageous black hole, she crumbled to the shadows and the hole only seemed to get larger. Suddenly the ground began to shake, fire enveloped everywhere. I ran towards Daniel, he was weakening, I shielded him with the power I could harness, but everything happened all to fast, a large blast of evil energy impacted with light energy, it was over. We were engulfed in flames, and the world went black.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.