The Science of Hypocrisy | Teen Ink

The Science of Hypocrisy

By Paula Adhikari, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Paula Adhikari, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey

Summary:

This book is about a struggle between human nature, practicality, morals. Faced with a difficult decision, scientists decide to rebuild the city above the ground to keep the citizens from getting radiation poisoning. The story of society's collapse is told from the point of view of a squirrel, a rebel, and a scientist. A squirrel begins by seeing Amelia, a passionate rebel, being taken by the police in a hovercar. Amelia, angry that the Earth is slowly being torn apart, plots against society, vowing to change it. The scientist, only has his ego to live by, and could care less about citizens as long as his invention as functional. Find out how these three lives integrate to form one giant catastrophe. Also, find out how a scientist could theoretically make a city fly.

Paula A.

The Science of Hypocrisy

This book has 1 comment.

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
There were spots that were better than others, but overall it's a really good story. I thought the last chapter was a little rushed, but I did like the squirrel. He made me laugh. Good job, you convinced me that physics is interesting.