Amami, Beautiful Sky | Teen Ink

Amami, Beautiful Sky

By Acts1338 PLATINUM, Audubon, Iowa
Acts1338 PLATINUM, Audubon, Iowa

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."-Bob Marley

“空気?” the flames whispered my name urgently, violently. “空気!”
I won’t answer. My heart pounded so quickly I was sure that he’d hear it. The air was so humid it hung like a dark cloud concealing me yet strangling me with its menacing gasp for oxygen. I prayed that my heart wouldn’t thump itself right out of my chest. Still thinking silently enough that the fire couldn’t hear even that.
“彼女があなたについて語ることができなくて飾られた知能の低い者!” Even the light seemed to freeze at the slightest sight of Izumi.
I wanted to shudder and shy away towards Ryu whom I was before trying to escape. The fire desired me for survival and possession. But I won’t be either. I won’t shudder. I won’t move. I won’t answer.
“来てください戻る時の最も今いとしい空気私 来ること家庭ダーリン.私は、この燃え立っているすさまじい獣からあなたを救います.” She cackled at the last part. Izumi wanted my element, too.
Clever isn’t she? Izumi’s so very persuasive, too. But I won’t listen. I won’t answer. I won’t shudder. I won’t move. Icicles poured from her hands as she gracefully slid in her search.
“モラ! あなたがどのように私の家に来る勇気があるかこれのように!” Volcanic lava started to flow like a river to overcome Izumi.
I wouldn’t even blink my eyes for fear they would sense the change on the wind. The wall of boiling red and orange steamed into a black towering wall as Izumi froze it steadily. They were distracted in battle.
This is it. So slowly that not even the earth could hear me, I sucked myself from the walls. Softly and without a whisper, I rose into the steam. It was warm yet cold all at once, panicking my heart and lungs. Inside this outflow was the cage of torment that I had to endure until I was far-off, leaving my enemies behind.
Izumi screeched wretchedly in unison with Ryu so that my ears would’ve bled if I had any. Still, I flew. I knew that I had to keep going, or I’d never make it. Maybe I won’t make it anyway. I still wished to be free longingly. I had to make it out and stay out or else.

My eyes were closed and although I didn’t know the human name for this location I had my own secret name for it. 地球保持〔掌握〕. As I ran the little, dry beads through my fingers, I sighed contently. I’m free, but…I won’t be for long if stay here. Won’t I though? Won’t Rikuto protect me? The question lingered continuously in my mind. Yet, what irritated me the most was not the constant course of it racking the walls of my brain but the lack of an answer.

“空気?” He called my name so softly. How could he be so strong with a voice so small?

I stood with exhaustion deciding to confront him this time. “私は自由です。”

“私が見ることができるように.” Rikuto was talking firmer now.

He was frightening me without showing his face. I could see him everywhere on the earth, but I couldn’t see the form of man that I wanted to. Was Rikuto hiding? Was he hiding from me?

“地球? あなたはどこにいますか?”

“ちょうどここで.”

He wrapped strong arms around my waist from behind. Rikuto’s chest was scalding hot, and I flinched remembering Ryu’s grasp on me. He kissed the tip of my ear so gently I barely noticed he had.
My fatigue took over my adrenaline causing an instant energy drain. The wind, my wind, was still being forced to keep quiet as I commanded. So I could use nothing to catch me. I turned around, falling into Rikuto’s ice-cold arms, against his feverish chest, and blacking out in sudden worry.

“何? 私はどこにいますか?” I mumbled drowsily.
It was dark and damp. The ground was lukewarm beneath my body that looked mostly human. How deceiving looks can be. I wished so badly that I could see something, anything.
“あなたは目が覚めています!” Rikuto ran towards me from…somewhere in this dank abyss.
“それらはもう私に続きましたか?” I was still afraid of Ryu and Izumi, for good reason too.
“あなたは、ほど外いました。” The outlines of his smile shown through the night.
If only this night had stars. Rikuto caused the glowing rocks to shine, triggering the cave’s illumination in a bright blue sparkle. I grinned wistfully, pleased at the moment more than I had ever been. I’m free, in the light, and with Rikuto. I glanced at him with a rosy blush spreading across my cheeks.
Rikuto moved down next to my hip, staring into my eyes. He peered into them with a look I’d never seen before, and it worried me that he would throw me out or give me up to the others. Instead, he moved closer inch by inch until he was almost touching my nose. My breaths were shallow, trying to stay calm but shaking. His hand reached up to my cheek as he ran the tips of his fingers along my soft skin. I could’ve sworn that the stars were in his eyes when he looked in mine.
W-we can’t do this. It’s against the rules. I-I won’t do this. I wanted to though. I had longed to have his arms around me holding me without lust like Ryu. Insecurity was mocking me, but I was on the verge of sweeping it from my mind right now. Right here.
Rikuto clasped my face between his strong hands, pulling me to him. His lips touched mine lightly, testing and questioning the move to go on. I placed my hands on his chest not really thinking, only feeling his heartbeat beneath my palm. He kissed me tenderly for the element of earth. The touch of our lips sent electricity through my body in a tingling sensation. It stung with an addictive taste.
You read my mind Rikuto. I realized in sudden shock. We’re too close now. You and I know this is far beyond the bounds allowed to us. It pained me to even think it; especially knowing he could sense the thoughts himself.
Reluctantly, he pulled away from my lips. The earth started to pull away from me pouring me upward, moving me to Izumi. I won’t go back! I was thinking wildly, desperate to stay safe but most of all, to stay with him. I clung to his clothes until the vortex started to ease in its power. Holding him close to me, I cried. This was all too much.
I was just an element trying to watch my back, not take over the world! I wasn’t the one at fault here. I was innocent but nobody cared. That’s how the world was. No one cared.
“Rikuto?” I spoke in English rather than Japanese to confuse the dragons waiting for only the earth and air elements knew the language, but I couldn’t hold on much more, again. My battles the endless days before had drained me once more.
“Yes Amami?” He asked me in questions. Always questions.
“I love you.”
“I love you too.” There was a soft kiss on my tired lips, and I sighed in sad content.
My life here was all I had ever wanted, and it was all I could never have.

My eyes closed and opened a few times to wake myself up more. I was still depleted from my many struggles with Izumi and Ryu. Remembering the dragons of ice and fire attempting to kill me or own me caused shivers to run down my spine. The arm around me tightened instinctively. I scurried away from it in utter terror.
A ring around my finger on my left hand glowed slightly in the sunlight shining through a window. It was the window of a human home. I blinked, rubbed my eyelids and opened them once more. I was still here.
Rikuto slowly, tiredly rose from the spot next to mine. His arm lay where my body had been. I stared at him with wide eyes. He smiled when he saw me. Doesn’t he know we’re not at his home?
Then, I felt it. I couldn’t be invisible anymore. I couldn’t fly away. I wasn’t air anymore, and as such I couldn’t control the wind. I was no longer an element. The dragon’s desire to own the air was out of me. I was mortal. I was could feel death looming in my veins.
My legs curled up to my chest as I started to cry. Rikuto crawled over to me and held me against his chest. He wiped the tears from my cheeks with his hands. His hands no longer held the strength of the world but the strength of a man. I felt something cold and metallic swipe against my cheek. It was a smooth silver band like my own.
I instantly stood and ran to the window. Without my powers there was no point in the elements searching for me. On a box outside, the mailbox I thought, said the names of Rikuto and I. It can’t be. I didn’t understand. I couldn’t remember any of this.
Rikuto came up next to me. “What’s wrong?”
We even spoke English now? I felt dizzy and scared. The Creator must have done this. Just because of us. Us. I would’ve liked the sound had it not caused mortality. Though it didn’t seem to bug Rikuto who had been staring at me affectionately.
“W-what happened?” I already knew the answer though.
This was all no accident. It was all true and purposeful. Rikuto and I should have never been together. But we existed with that connection and felt the feelings of humans now. We felt love differently now, yet the same as before.
“Don’t you remember?” Still, he answered with questions.
I shook my head but instantly regretted it. It ached suddenly, furiously. I rocked on my heels until my back aligned with the wall causing me to slide down quickly. Moaning, I felt a tear slide down my drying, dying cheeks.
I woke up then, seeing Rikuto on the other side of the cave. He smiled in his sleep, and I wondered silently if we shared the same thoughts in the night, too.

“I’ve got to go!” I cried in a swift urge.
“No, Amami don’t leave! You’re safe here, I promise!” Rikuto yelled after me.
“I can’t! I can’t.”
Then, an earth circle built up around me, but it was full of cracks making it easy for me to slip through. The next was entirely solid. Still, I flew through the top. The last was too great for me. It surrounded my every escape, and I started to suffocate in the blackness.
I was clutching my throat in hunger for breath when Rikuto’s strangling grasp was on my waist. I wanted to spit on him, but I lacked the oxygen to do even that. His lips latched onto my own, sucking the last bit of feeling out of me, until the cage disappeared. Air moved into my skin, coursing through my body like blood. I thrust my hands to the back of Rikuto’s neck to pull him away by the roots of his hair, but I found myself tugging him closer. He slowly pushed himself away.
“Don’t go. I love you too much to have you run off now.” He whispered on my neck as I nestled my head against his stout chest.
“I can’t put you in danger like this forever.” I breathed.
I only half heard what I was saying. Rikuto just tried to kill me. He could have too. Why am I still here? If you go he’ll kill you, that’s why. He’d do it if I tried to leave a second time. But I love him like he loves me. Don’t we love each other? He just wants me safe. Right?
“We’ll work something out, Amami. Leave it up to me.”
He kissed me again with more mercy and tenderness. Nice try, Rikuto. I feigned being playful by biting his lip. Still, unease was in his touch as my sharp teeth tasted blood.

“Okay, I think I’ve worked out a plan.” Rikuto shouted with a smile.
He stopped pacing and walked towards me. Slipping an arm around me, Rikuto opened a view to the world of the mortals above. I formed a defensive position and curled towards him, remembering my dream with wishes his thoughts were far from it.
“During the day, you can go onto the human land, posing as a young high school student. It’s an easy place to hide because of the number of unsuspecting students. We’ll put you somewhere where things rarely happen…” he pulled up another map, this one of the America’s. “like Iowa.”
“W-why not Japan?” Japan was our country of origin, and I was only familiar with its customs.
“Izumi and Ryu will be suspecting you in Japan. In America, you don’t know as much, yet. Don’t worry you can hide in a teeny tiny town in Iowa, where they’ll never find you. Here! Audubon, Iowa is your new home as long as the light shines.”
Rikuto expected me to be excited for this new plan, but I didn’t know that land. I knew some about the Americas, but little about what the people where actually like. Even as an element, I was frightened of the unknown. Perhaps I should’ve been more afraid.
“Um, where will I stay at night?”
“At night? Oh yes. You’ll be staying with a family who will ‘adopt’ you. Although, your body will appear there at dark and your senses will tell you what happens there, you will actually be here with me. You can leave tomorrow.” He grinned exuberantly at his genius.
“T-thank you, Rikuto.”
“Hey, I’d do anything for you.” He wrapped his arms around me in a hug.
Sure, Rikuto. You’ll do anything, all right. Anything to keep me prisoner.

“No kiss goodbye?” Rykuto asked slyly.
I flashed him a false smile and ran to him obediently. Grabbing his hands, I gave him a peck, knowing that he wouldn’t be satisfied. Rykuto frowned but opened the portal for me to walk into.
“Now, I’ve supplied you with the right clothes” I blushed, as he looked me up and down. “And a way to get to the school quickly. Ready?”
I nodded quickly, eager to finally get out of this place. I wandered into the portal and came out of an enormous hole in an Elm tree. Jogging out of the woods, I found the school about a block away. It was small compared to some, but that didn’t gnaw at my mind too terribly much. With purpose, I made my way to the front doors in new dark Buckle jeans, converses, and a Hurley T-shirt.
I was met by the students and faculty in the hallways as well...being ignored for the most part. Though I felt a few stares on my back, I figured they were just awed at the neon colors of my new bag. Partially relieved, I continued waltzing the halls to get a good layout of this new daily cell.
I noticed that everyone had something different or strange about them to clash with the rest of the school. One girl sat in the hall against the red lockers making duct tape bows to put in hair. I overhead them call her Carly. It was a good name, not like the ones in Japan though. A group of mostly boys sat on the heating vents in one of the two catwalks I had explored doing nonsense things for no particular reason it seemed.
Then, I felt a gentle shove against my right arm. Looking in that general direction, I saw a blond haired, blue-eyed boy smiling at me. I stopped myself from tumbling easily by sticking out my foot. Starting to walk again, I disregarded what he started to say, but I was almost positive that everyone would stay away if I snubbed them all and I needed to fit in not out. So, I turned around.
“I’m sorry, what did you say?”
“I said, ‘You’re not from around here are you?’”
“No, I’m a new student from uh Europe.”
“Well, you speak English-o pretty good!” The catwalk started laughing simultaneously.
I gave a brief nod and left without a word.
Once I got to my actual classes, teachers began to bring about my presence to the oblivious school. It made me stick out in the crowd easing in uncomfortable feelings, but the halls hid me once more, until I felt safer. I almost missed the cave so strangling below earth’s surface at times. Yet, at other times I didn’t wish to go back. It was a safe haven, but it was also a cage.
My courses were simple, and I had my homework done in no time at all. Maybe that was because no one talked to me at all. I was frowning in displeasure with myself. I stood up as a few people were doing, seeing the boy from the catwalk.
“Of all the people to converse with I choose him?” I mumbled to myself grumpily. Blend in. I thought firmly.
“Um…Hi.” I gave him a quick smile.
His curly hair was twisted just so it fit his looks, which were strong and good-natured. He was turned around in his chair so that the desk faced his back. Whoever the boy was, he had been trying to talk to a girl, who was flirting very obviously. I felt awkward and twisted on my heel to go back to my seat.
“Well, hey there foreigner!” He called after me.
I grinned shyly as he continued speaking. “I’m Cody. Cody Pattener if you must know.” He winked. “What’s your name?”
“I’m Amami.”
“You don’t talk much, do you?” How’s he keep smiling like that? His mouth must hurt. I stifled a laugh in the back of my throat.
“Well, uh—no. Sorry.” I said hurriedly.
“That’s okay. I’ll talk for you for a while then.” He waved a hand at the girl he had been talking to. “This is Casey, the most beautiful girl in the world.”
He grabbed her chin and kissed her lips. She pushed him away, scolding him, but her cheeks were burning as a smile bit at her mouth. Everyone had seen her kiss him back. He just smiled and grabbed her wagging finger to get a grip on her hand. I started to back away slowly.
“Talk to you later? Ah—whatever your name is?” Cody didn’t divert his stare from Casey even as he chuckled.
“Sure.” My reply was the loudest I had been all day. I wondered if Cody was always that vocal or just when he wanted to embarrass me.

The first thing I discovered about this teeny-tiny town was that perverts did not run far and in-between. Guys started pulling out their “octopus” arms by the 7th day at my new school. I decided to wear a dress since being the air I could keep it down if anything happened, such as an unexpected air vent, and that’s when it began.

Boys I didn’t even know were reaching at me for things that were most definitely not theirs. I dodged them all, but by eighth period, I was exhausted with this game. The next growing man to attempt what others had was going to get fatal results.

I saw the hand before I felt it, as I had all day. I sensed its presence moving in the still air. It trembled softly in anticipation. Sighing angrily, I jerked the finger to the side in a painful twist until I heard a snap, which only took a mere second.

“Owwww!” Cody howled in pain like the wild animals of the desert. “You—you broke my finger!”

I stood up in my 4½ inch heeled boots. “Well it serves you right Cody Pattener! I would’ve broken a thousand fingers had it meant protecting myself from you stinkin’ wolves! What, do I look like I’m carrying around a ‘TRY ME’ sign? I am not a flippin’ toy for you boys to play with!” I was practically hysterical as I grabbed my bags.

The room was silent aside from the teacher’s intercom to the secretaries fuzzing up over the occupants at the other end shouting to understand what had just happened. They must have started to make sense of it all because as I walked down the hall the exit, the principal started chasing me.

“Young lady come back here!” He bellowed obnoxiously.

I turned around and smiled sarcastically. “I thought you ‘educated’ people would be smart enough NOT to send a male after me.”

As I walked out the door, I caused it to lock and wouldn’t give him the pleasure of opening it. I didn’t take the time to hear him yell; I was too into the moment. Faces peered down from windows as I walked down the streets until I reached the family’s I was staying with house.

I didn’t yell, “I’m home!” I just marched up the carpeted stairs to my room. It was painted yellow with an orange sun on the ceiling. Overall, it was a clean, spacious room, but it wasn’t what I wanted. None of this was what I wanted. Yet, as salty tears started to fall on my feather pillow, I realized I didn’t know just what it was I did want anymore.

“You know, I really think you owe me an apology.” Cody stated while giving me side-glances as I carried my light lunch tray.

“I owe YOU an apology? Oh, that’s rich.” I bitterly laughed at his immature remark.

“Hey, you broke my finger for Pete’s sake!”

“That was your own fault, and you know it. Pervert.” I mumbled the last insult since people were starting to stare. Blending in was not my piece of cake.

“Maybe, but you should still say sorry…I’m sorry” He added reluctantly.

“Good for you.” I typed in my lunch number and sat down at the “reject” table. I was failing at fitting in anyway.

The misfits around me grumbled and cursed loudly (except for two girls at the end of the table I’ll soon rant about), knowing nothing better. They were weird, all of them, especially the two at the very end of the long, rectangular table. They were two girls who seemed lost in their own world with each other. Both of them were just friends, which was quite plain to the eye, but they were still different than the average persons.

A tray clunked down before me, and I saw Cody’s hands fall onto the table. “Oh, come on! I apologized! What’s it gonna take to weasel one out of you?”

“I wouldn’t try to get anything out of me, Cody. I might break your toe.” I was partially joking.

“But you’re too nice for that, at least when I’m not being a total jerk. I didn’t know that that um…game bugs you so much, okay? I’m sorry.”

“Your girlfriend must be steaming mad.” I grumbled. He was interrupting my lunch.

He played with his food nonchalantly. “Eh, she likes that game. She prefers I don’t ‘tag’ other girls though. It makes her jealous, kind of turns her on.” He blushed realizing he was talking to someone new, someone different.

I tried not to gag. “Wow, well as far as I’m concerned that shows the intelligence levels around here.” I fast-walked to dump my full plate.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“No.”

“Where are you going?” He called after me as I paced down the hall.

“Detention!” I yelled.

Cody stifled a laugh and went back to lunch. This time, he sat with his floozy girlfriend. What a different world this is. It’s so…terrible. I sighed heavily on my way to the small white room known for its punishing boredom.

Rikuto grabbed me from behind. “Baby, are you okay?” He breathed in my ear softly.

“Yea—no.” I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t like this world anymore. It’s different. The people are different and don’t hold to their morals as before. They’re weak.” He held me tighter.

“But you knew it was going to be different.”

“I know. I know. I just wasn’t ready for a change this big.”

“You can always stay here…” He dropped it as my brows furrowed in frustration.

“Will you do me a favor?”

“Anything.”

“I want to solve my problems like the girls up there do.”

We sat on a couch, holding hands and cuddling softly. My forehead grazed the side of his neck as my head rested on his tender, warm shoulder. He had one arm around me while we watched movies that were pointless and easy to see through. Still, we watched. He waited there until I fell asleep. Then, he laid me down to a pillow, covered me with a blanket, and kissed my velvet cheek goodnight.
He moved quietly to the other side of the room and whispered, “Ryu?”
The earth boiled as the fire emerged from the solid ground and its being.

Sorry if, at times, it seems as though things are kind of random. It's probably supposed be Amami's thoughts, but teenink won't let me put things in italics, so I wasn't sure how to display that.

There are always days in at least seasonally warm countries and states that have times when people feel like it’s so hot that they could just melt right there one the sidewalk. Well, when you’re standing next to the thing that was best friends with the sun, literally, boiling takes on a whole new meaning. I could practically feel my blood trying to evaporate from my veins.
My eyes squinted open; I knew something was up. I could feel the layers of heat rolling off of Ryu from my curled up space. I heard hushed voices, and I focused on the volume being moved through my air. It wasn’t precious whispers in the dark, to say the least.
“Just let me take her now!” Ryu yelled crisply.
“No!” Rikuto screamed. “Don’t you touch her! Not yet!”
I tried not to flinch, but I prepared myself to evaporate if I felt Ryu step only an inch closer. I both breathed heavily, angrily for a few minutes that felt like hours. Ryu’s hand was twitching with the urge to either grab me, strangle Rikuto, or both. I could feel Rikuto’s rigid form directly behind my back. I couldn’t tell whether he meant to save me or sell me. They were all my enemies, every single last one of them.
Ryu drained himself back into the ground deep below even Rikuto. I heard my questionable savior sigh in burdened relief. He turned around to me and fell to his knees. His head fell into his hands. I heard him almost sobbing, yet holding too strong. He wasn’t going to break, but he was bending. Eventually, Rikuto crawled over to me.
“I’m sorry Amami. I’m truly sorry. I just don’t know what to do anymore. Truth is, I don’t know what I want!” He laughed at himself sadly. It was an admitting laugh. “I’m not as strong as you think. I’m weaker than that. Heck, you have more will power and strength than you even know. Maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe it’s best you don’t know everything you’re capable of. If you did, you could probably defeat us all.” He closed his eyes, exhausted, and I saw his chest rise and fall more slowly in sleep.
Power? Yeah right! I can’t do anything worth even a mortal’s time. Maybe the Creator made a mistake with me. Maybe I’m not all that I’m cut out to be. “You’re not sorry Rikuto, but I am. I’m sorry I trusted you.” I kissed his forehead, sat up slowly, and I walked. I walked longer than any human should have, but human’s time is just a sand grain in a timer. There’s never enough.

“Just don’t talk to me.” I snapped at Cody.

“Gee! What’s bitin’ at you?!” He frowned and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Nothing! Everything! Riku—Why do you care?” I stopped and looked at him a little differently this time.

“Oh, it’s a boy isn’t it? I mean, I--I care because I’ve been trying to be your friend since you got here, but all I’ve gotten out of you since that stupid game thing was ‘I’m gonna kill you in your sleep’ or ‘Bug off’! Can’t a person just be freaking nice? Huh?!” He looked disappointed in well, a lot of things, including himself.

“Don’t do that.”

“Do what?!” He growled.

“Don’t be angry at yourself because I’m a jerk face, ok? It’s just..ugh! You see! This is why I have to stay away from you! You’re just so…so…” I stumbled on my tongue for the right word.

“Amazing?” He smiled.

“Ha! Sure.” I huffed.

He grabbed my arm softly and pushed me against a tree. “Hey, I’m just trying to—“

“Grab me into your arms romantically?” I gave my own kind of evil chuckle. “because your girlfriend is like fifteen feet behind you.”

“What?!” He checked with his peripheral vision. “Laugh!” he whispered harshly.

“Come again?”

“Laugh!”

“No!”

Before I could register anything, Cody started tickling my sides savagely. I laughed and giggled like a human girl. I tried to grab his hands, but they were too evasive. Finally, I got a sturdy hold on his wrists.

“Stop!” I yelled, trying not to giggle.

“Did she leave yet?” He put his mouth right next to my ear so that I could feel hot air warming it.

I turned my head to see Casey walking away, trying to act careless about the whole situation. Instead, she just looked full of herself, sad and angry. However, I wasn’t going to be the one to break it to her. So, I just looked away, feeling sorry for her.

“Um..I’ll take that as a yes.” Cody said, and pushed himself away awkwardly.

It was suddenly colder without him there, and as I watched him back away, muttering, I wondered what kind of a storm the elements were brewing up. What kind of a storm Rikuto was brewing up, especially the one behind my back?

“I’ve got to go.” I threw out hastily.

“Will I see you tomorrow?” Cody grasped the edge of my fingertips.

“Maybe.”

I didn’t run home to my ‘family’. I didn’t run back to the tree that would take me to Rikuto. I just ran and ran until I couldn’t feel the feet that masked immortality.

As I walked back into the deeply hidden cave, I noticed the puddles of water I left with each step. I was wet and miserable in this damp infested cave. Returning here wasn’t like returning home to a fighting or backstabbing household. It was like returning to the executioner. Wouldn’t you think the first time had been one time too many?
“Hey! You’re back!” Rikuto came over to give me a hug that was more like a failed embrace by one person.
“Yeah what about it?” I snapped.
“Are you okay?”
An edge had clasped onto his voice, and I knew it was too late now. His anger was rising. I could feel the heat from his sealed agreement with Ryu before I’d ever see it. Now I understood, it was starting to make sense. Still, it was like a light in a fog that I couldn’t see until I’d arrived to it. This wasn’t the end, nor was it the beginning. It had been going on much longer than I’d ever known.
“Rikuto…”
“What?!”
“Die.”
He looked up from the floor he had been staring at in a confused manner to realize I was about to slice him in half with wind. He created an earth wall before him, strong enough to stop my sword of fury, but not built well enough to sustain its form that way. It tumbled with the wind.
When the dust had fallen to the floor with no assistance from the wind, Rikuto searched for me effortlessly. I ran along the wall ready to fulfill my goal, until he spotted me. Razor sharp rocks flew at me like demon’s daggers. I evaporated into a mist until even the earth could not see me. He ran in circles searching for the immortal right before him.
I latched onto him like a baby monkey from the front, forcing my lips against his. I grasped his nose with my fingers and sucked the air from the ground, trees, plants, and things pertaining to earth. I used my tongue to get the last breath from his throat. Trying to detach myself before he could fall, I leaped off to push him to the floor. Discovering him chuckling dryly and without oxygen, I grabbed him by the neck to heave him up.
“What’s so funny?!”
“You’re going to kill them. You’re going to undo everything they’ve ‘worked so hard for’ and ‘deserved’. And you’re going to do it much better then we ever could have.”
“You’re wrong Rikuto. You’ve always been wrong, just as you always will be. I’m not going to kill them. Maybe I can’t saved them, but I’ll die trying if it means getting revenge on every one of you.”
I threw him into the sharpest wall before disappearing in an invisible cloud of thought.

This book has 1 comment.

on Feb. 5 2012 at 9:37 am
HinataHyuga SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

To never give up is my nindo, my ninja way. I can't run before taking my first step. A place to return to is were someone always thinks of you. Naruto-kun. Miso ramen. Back off kushina tomato Minato is mine! Kingmortha is my BFFFFF on teenink!

This is the best! But i cant tag it as my favorite... crap!