A Dark Blade Waits

Author's note: This started out as a school project, and, over the course of two years, was expanded into what it is now.
Author's note: This started out as a school project, and, over the course of two years, was expanded into what it is now.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Chapter 3

Not many people found themselves in this area of the Castle. The “Atrocious Artfacts, Curious Contraptions, and Odd Objects” department was one of the strangest, and least known, part of the the government at the time. They took Excaliber, the Holy Grail, and King Solomon’s Ring, and hid them where no one would find them again. Many scholars believed that the treasures of the Great Pyramids were stolen, and that the knowledge found in Mayan temples were burned by conquistadors. However, the branches of the AACCOO that were in Egypt and South America got to them before the theives did. Now, they were going to contain one of the most dangerous, and evil weapons of all time, and put it in a place so cryptic, so hidden, that they themselves would forget where it lay. Hundreds of years pass. And Maledetto waited patiently.

MayaS. said...
Chapters 10-end: Definately not a typical ending! That was a really powerful twist!!! The descriptions of Caligos were really awesome, I could picture him perfectly!

MayaS. said...
Chapters 7-9: The episodal style is great and keeps the story moving, except sometimes I don't get to know the characters enough. The paragraph in chapter 9 when Maledetto explodes - "Sending glassy water and watery glass everywhere....the metal migrated to the stalls, piercing through plastic....buried itself 4 inches into the wall" - was my favorite part, really well-written.

MayaS. said...
Chapters 4-6: I was a little confused at how the sword ends up in such an unsecure location in Madrid. Tom was a great character, until, well... Your story reminds me a lot of a book I read called Elric of Melnibone by Micheal Moorcock; it's a fantasy about a sword with superhuman powers that possesses whoever uses it. You'd probably like it! :)

MayaS. said...
Chapters 1-3: This is definately an engaging and well-written story so far. I especially enjoyed the descriptions of "bolts of silk" and "hair as black as a new moon." Also I think there were some allusions ("perfumes of Arabia" and lol "Prancing Pony.") There were a few anachronisms here and there in chapter one, but chapter 2 was absolutely fantastic. Chapter 3 was a bit of a jolt from the earlier writing style, though. Can't wait to see what happens... (more »)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
To begin I thought that your description of the environment in the first chapter was awesome. Your writing throughout was very fluid and I especially enjoyed the department of curious contraptions, where you have created a place for all mythical objects. =) The transition from the hotel in Ch.4 to the field in Ch.5 seemed a bit quick. Other than that its really good.