A Dark Blade Waits | Teen Ink

A Dark Blade Waits

December 28, 2011
By Philosophication GOLD, McKinney, Texas
Philosophication GOLD, McKinney, Texas
12 articles 3 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"This above all: To thine own self be true."
William Shakespeare's Hamlet

"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid."
Miscellaneous


Summary:

An ancient blade, cursed by the heathen gods, had been hidden away from the world for thousands of years, until it is stumbled upon, and released upon an unsuspecting world ill prepared for an attack of such monstrous magical proportions. An interestijng first-venture into novel-hood by a one Alex M., this (albeit somewhat short) story is full of interesting twists, and black deeds.


Alex M.

A Dark Blade Waits


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 1 2012 at 1:50 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapters 10-end: Definately not a typical ending! That was a really powerful twist!!! The descriptions of Caligos were really awesome, I could picture him perfectly!

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 1 2012 at 1:36 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapters 7-9: The episodal style is great and keeps the story moving, except sometimes I don't get to know the characters enough. The paragraph in chapter 9 when Maledetto explodes - "Sending glassy water and watery glass everywhere....the metal migrated to the stalls, piercing through plastic....buried itself 4 inches into the wall" - was my favorite part, really well-written.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 1 2012 at 1:27 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapters 4-6: I was a little confused at how the sword ends up in such an unsecure location in Madrid. Tom was a great character, until, well... Your story reminds me a lot of a book I read called Elric of Melnibone by Micheal Moorcock; it's a fantasy about a sword with superhuman powers that possesses whoever uses it. You'd probably like it! :)

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 1 2012 at 1:18 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapters 1-3: This is definately an engaging and well-written story so far. I especially enjoyed the descriptions of "bolts of silk" and "hair as black as a new moon." Also I think there were some allusions ("perfumes of Arabia" and lol "Prancing Pony.") There were a few anachronisms here and there in chapter one, but chapter 2 was absolutely fantastic. Chapter 3 was a bit of a jolt from the earlier writing style, though. Can't wait to see what happens next!

on Jan. 29 2012 at 1:09 pm
Kvothe28 SILVER, Temecula, California
5 articles 0 photos 78 comments

Favorite Quote:
Excuse me while I prepare my impromptu remarks. -Winston Churchill

Tell it like it is, not how it was. -Jonathan

Break it down like a fine English double-gun. -R. Bitoni

To begin I thought that your description of the environment in the first chapter was awesome. Your writing throughout was very fluid and I especially enjoyed the department of curious contraptions, where you have created a place for all mythical objects. =) The transition from the hotel in Ch.4 to the field in Ch.5 seemed a bit quick. Other than that its really good.