Reincarnated Fools | Teen Ink

Reincarnated Fools

By graspingreality, Monona, Wisconsin
graspingreality, Monona, Wisconsin

This was orignially posted on Wattpad (under graspingreality) so please check it out if you can. :) It is also on fictionpress (under yours.truely.a) for you to check out!

It was almost day light and I knew I had to get back. They came to look for us during the day. I loved the day light, even when I was a human, I loved it. Sometimes, when everyone is asleep, I sneak up on top of the roof and lay down in the sun. I never get tanned because the pigments in my skin are dead, but I can still feel the sun soak into my skin for moments.

Nathanial was waiting for me around the corner, and I knew that I was almost late. "I'm sorry Nathanial, I forgot the time." He glared at me and checked his watch one last time. He motioned for me to come and we entered the building that has been my home for more than ten years. Every fifteen years, approximately, we move into a different place, so no one realizes anything different. I was nineteen when I was turned into a vampire, and I can look that age for about ten years. Nathanial was turned when he was twenty-three, and he can stay that look for about the same amount of years. Technically, if I still had birthdays, I would be ninety-seven years old to this date. Actually, my human birthday is tomorrow, but I would never bring that up in front of Nathanial.

I knew how he felt about humans, human memories, and pretty much human anything. He has been a vampire for more than four-hundred years. He forgot how to be human.

My parents died thirty years ago, still not knowing what happened to their child. Hopefully they will in Heaven. I still believed in heaven, even though all vampires thought of it as a stupid story for children, so they don't worry if they die sooner than expected. I wanted to beat up every vampire that said something like that, but Nathanial told me that if I did, I would die very quickly. Nathanial was my mentor. He turned me, and instead of giving me off to someone else, he kept me to train. He told me that I was the key to the vampires. I had no idea what that meant, and I still didn't have a clue. I've thought about it since the day he told me, it was a week after I was turned.

He was surprised I didn't want blood, but he gave it to me anyways. We drank human blood, yes, but I thought it was still wrong. People made rumors that we could drink animal blood, but their blood is practically poison to us. It feeds us for a few minutes and then starts killing us off. It took a few decades to figure that out.

So no, Team Edward fans, your hubby, Edward, was not a 'vampire vegetarian,' because there is no such thing. Being a vegetarian is going against something. Humans go against meat. If Vampires were to become vegetarians, we would have to stop drinking blood completely, and then we would be dead.

I had a boyfriend when I was turned. His name was Jonathan Samuels and I was in love with him. He actually proposed to me that night, I accepted. I still have the ring on my finger, even though no one else knows what it symbolizes.

I was even going to college. It was my second year of college; I was getting my degree in mythology. Figures, a mythology major getting turned into a vampire. That is so ironic!

I came out of my thoughts as I ran into Nathanial. "Sorry, I was just thinking." He murmured something and we entered the building. There was a noise upstairs and we both jumped up to the second floor from the bottom floor.

We looked around and everyone was dead. My vampire best friend, my vampire boyfriend, everyone was dead.

I looked at Nathanial and he was pissed. We turned around and someone was behind us. "Nathanial, you are the oldest. Leave, now!" I screamed, but Nathaniel shook his head.

"You are the chosen one!" He screamed and I pushed him, kissing him on the lips. Nathanial wanted to protest but he knew I wasn't going to leave. He jumped out of the window and I fought the guy on my own. I was no match for him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nathaniel standing there watching, but then he left, a single tear running down his face.

He nailed me on the ground with wood in between us. "You will come back, and when you do, we will be together, forever." He kissed me roughly on the lips and stabbed me in the heart with the wood. He pushed in slowly, so I could feel every ounce of pain and I screamed in agony. It was a pain even worse than being bitten. I got so tired that I started to not feel the pain. I closed myself, feeling myself melt inside of myself. The pain was gone and I felt warmth. I thought I was in heaven, but then a woman walked up to me in the bright white clouds.

"You will wake up as a human baby. You will start your life over. If you are not a vampire next time, you will come to heaven. If you become a vampire, you will have to do this all over again. Unless you run into someone you remember from your vampire life, you will not remember any of this. Do you understand?" I nodded, not sure what I just agreed to. She was beautiful. The wings on her back were a white I couldn't even describe. They were magnificent and large, I wanted to just touch them. Her skin was of perfection, and she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.

"What are you?" I asked, curious and in awe. She smiled at me and came up to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"I'm an angel, sweet heart." She kissed my forehead and let go of me. "It is time to go back now. You are not now, or will ever be again, Clarissa Brown, you will be someone new, everything will be new." She was disappearing and I was getting sleepy again.

The clouds were so soft that I fell asleep on them, and never woke up again as Clarissa Brown.

I woke up from the weirdest dream, but for the life of me, I couldn’t remember what it was about. Something about a girl, a boy, a life before this time, I couldn’t grasp any of it as it left my memory. It was dark outside and for a second, I forgot where I was, but when I looked out the window of my mom’s car, we passed a sign that said, ‘Welcome to Wisconsin.’ I frowned and sat up, annoyed that my life did a complete one eighty in less than a week.

We were moving from Portland, Oregon to Monona, Wisconsin and it was my fault. My so called ‘friends’ were spray painting the outer wall of the school and when the police came about it, they shoved everything into my locker. No one believed me and I was kicked out of school for lying and vandalizing public property. My friends texted me saying they were sorry and that they’ll miss me, the teachers didn’t really care, the police were glad to get rid of me, my dad didn’t even know I was gone until I was out of the state, and the boy I really liked started dating a cheerleading b**** called Dev. In short terms, my life went down the toilet, backwards.

My mom thought it was best to have a fresh start, so she decided that Monona, Wisconsin, her hometown, was a nice fresh start. My mom hasn’t trust me ever since and I knew it would take a lot to win back her trust after the thing I didn’t do. My mom turned to face me with a grin on her face and I tried to smile back at her, but it wasn’t as full as usual.

Mom turned towards the front, but not before I saw her frown and I felt bad. “Mom, I’m sorry, I just don’t want to move. I wish you believed me.” I looked out the window and sighed as I laid my head against the cold window. It was almost November and school started over two months ago.

“Honey, I want to believe you, but it was in your locker and your name was spray painted on the wall!” She exclaimed quietly and I rolled my eyes. My mom pulled into a large driveway and we were silent as we both looked at the large mansion-like house in front of us.

“Have I ever done something like this before mom?” I asked, surprisingly leaving her speechless. “Exactly, thanks mom,” I said getting out of the car despite her protests behind me and grabbed my backpack before entering the house.

To say it was huge was an understatement. The front hall was as large as our living room at home and that only lead to the rest of the house. I decided not to look at the rest of the house just yet and went up to the room my mom told me I would be in. She said it would be the furthest from the front door. I laughed mentally at that comment she made and went straight to the room. What surprised me, though, was when I stepped into the room. On each wall was something different and I loved it because it has been what I wanted since I turned fifteen, but my mom always said no.

On the first wall was both my closet and the rest was nothing but mirror. On the next wall were flowers in an assortment of colors that would stand behind my bed. On the wall next to the door entering my bathroom, the wall was a simple electric green, and on the last wall that was with the balcony overlooking the side of the house was nothing but a dry erase board so I could write anything on it. I dropped my bag next to me and sat in the middle of the dark blue carpet and cried.

909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090

When I woke up, I was in my bed and all of my stuff was in my room. I grabbed some cute clothes after looking for half an hour and went into my bathroom to take a shower. After my quick, five minute shower, I slipped on skinny jeans, a cute blouse, converse, a black slip on, and I was ready to go.

I walked down the stairs quietly, but didn’t have to worry about everything; my mom and her car were gone. A note was taped to the front door and I rolled my eyes knowing that she knew I was going to leave.

Cassandra, please don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone. –Mom

The funny part was she didn’t even say Love, just Mom. I didn’t know where I was going, but I didn’t care, I just wanted to get out of here. I took a left out of my driveway and kept walking. The streets were lined with houses that were either larger than my new home or considerably smaller than the ones that were in Portland and I kind of wished I lived in the smaller houses. They weren’t as noticeable and I wouldn’t have as much attention drawn to me. It was tough enough to know my new school would know about what I didn’t do and that just made me miss Portland even more. After about half an hour of walking, I stopped in front of a bar called Silver Eagle.

I smirked, noting that I had my fake I.D. with me and walked into the bar ready to have fun. It was loud and I smiled brightly. Most of the people here looked over thirty, but that wasn’t going to ruin my fun tonight.

I quickly ordered the first thing I saw on the menu and downed in seconds, cringing at the horrible taste it left in my mouth. I asked for two more and downed them in another few seconds. I was about to ask for another one when a man came up to me and grabbed my hand, bringing me with him. I thought for a moment that this may be a bad idea, but then the alcohol thought different and I giggled, walking after him. His hands shot electric sparks through my arms and I felt myself melt behind him.

When we were out in the cold, soberness surrounded me and I realized what I was doing was crazy. I stopped and he looked at me before letting go of my hand and walking to me. "Cassandra, right?" I nodded, confused and wondering how he knew my name.

"Your mom told me to look for you, it has been an hour since she left and she was worried. I saw you walk towards here since I'm your neighbor and decided to follow you. Good thing I did," he whispered, but I still heard him. I nodded, agreeing that I shouldn't have drank that much and took his hand for him to take me. I looked at his face and froze. He seemed so familiar, but couldn't hold a memory of him. He froze, looking at me knowingly and started to pull me, not facing me even after we got to my house. We stopped in front of the door and I smiled at him.

I leaned forward and kissed him and before I knew it, he held the back of my head and had his tongue in my mouth. He tasted amazing and I felt like he was made for me. When he kissed me, it felt like he has been waiting to do just this all of his life and I felt happy about that in a strange way. After we both pulled back for a breath, we were both grinning like idiots and he started to back up. "Wait," I grabbed his hand and he stopped, looking into my eyes. "What is your name?" He smiled and kissed my cheek softly.

"My name is Nathaniel," he said as he walked away towards his house. I leaned against the door frame, watching his figure dissapear in the darkness before I went into the house and sighed happily. I knew that I was going to like it here in Monona.

After that, I went up to my room, unpacking a few things before I went to bed, and dreamed of a certain boy named Nathaniel, kissing me until dawn.

It wasn’t until Monday morning, three days later that I saw my neighbor again. He was putting his trash on the street for pickup and I was doing the same. At first I didn’t notice him because my earphones were in and I was freezing, but when I turned to see he was right in my face, I couldn’t help but notice he looked different from that night. Maybe it was because I was drunk or tired, but he looked paler before. I shrugged it off and smiled at Nathaniel before walking up my driveway with him.

I didn’t have to worry about my mom noticing me because she is never home. I don’t know where she goes off to, but in the last three days, I’ve seen her four times. It wasn’t like I was complaining, because I wasn’t, but it was weird. Nathaniel and I were just walking in silence and when we made it to my front door, I invited him in and he agreed excitedly. I smiled at his cuteness and shut the door behind us.

“Hey, Nathaniel, I’ve been wondering, how old are you?” Ever since he helped me that night and kissed me, I’ve been wondering it. He laughed at me and brought me to the kitchen, taking things out to make breakfast.

“I’m nineteen, I graduated last year. My dad thought it was a good idea to keep me near so he bought me a house,” he shrugged like it was no big deal and I choked on a breath.

“He bought you a house?” I gasped and he laughed at my face. I frowned at him and he came around to face me without an island in the middle of us.

“It was either that or me living in his house for another five years,” he said and cupped my cheek in his hand. He was going to kiss me, but I turned my head away at the last second and he kissed my cheek instead. He frowned and I smiled at his pout face.

“You know, you look cute when you pout,” I said smiling and I saw him pretend to look annoyed.

“I’m not cute, I’m sexy, hot, manly,” he dragged on, waiting for me to jump in, but I wasn’t going to. I was right, he looked cute. I shook my head at him and his eyes narrowed at me. I backed up, but he kept following, getting closer and closer until he was touching my chest with his.

I could feel his breath on my as I twisted my head away from him, but a second later, he touched my chin and twisted it to face me. His lips were on mine in seconds. It wasn’t a rough need like that first night, but it was one of a passionate need. We kissed until our lips were sore and puffy and we kissed some more. He pulled away first and smiled at me. I smiled back, but wanted to frown, I didn’t want to stop kissing him.

“You need to get ready for school,” he sighed and I looked at the clock to see I had half an hour to get ready and leave. I jumped up quickly and ran upstairs to get ready. After the quickest shower I’ve ever had, changing into clothes that will be okay to wear to school, and then fixing my hair and make up, I still had five minutes left to leave and smiled at how quick I could be. Nathaniel was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in his hands and I grabbed my backpack before kissing him on the cheek.

“Nathaniel? What is going on between us?” I asked, and after I did, I felt like an idiot. I probably ruined the one chance to have a great guy.

He smiled at me and laughed as usual. “We’ll talk later. Go to school and have fun,” he said, grinning widely and I couldn’t help but smile as well. I stuck my tongue out at him and he smirked.

“Next time you stick your tongue out, I might grab it so watch out Cassandra,” I pouted and grabbed the keys to my mom’s car. She bought a new car yesterday and I got her car. I got to the front door before I remembered what I wanted to tell him.

“Call me Cass,” I yelled and I saw him appear around the corner.

“Call me Nate,” he said and he laughed, walking back to his coffee. “I’ll lock the door when I leave. Bye Cass,” I smiled at him and shut the door before going to school.

I got to school and everyone was staring at me. I groaned, hating the attention new students always got and walked inside as quickly as possible without making a fool of myself. I was about to enter the main office when a huge chest came right in front of me and I stumbled backwards before their arm reached out to stable me. I looked up to see a stereotypical jock smirking at me and I had to fight not to roll my eyes at him.

“Hey babe, my name is Joshua, what is yours?” He asked and I laughed at him. Covering my mouth, I walked around him and in the office before he could register what actually just happened. A girl stepped in front of me and I looked to see she had amusement across her face.

“You just turned down Joshua Moriss,” she gasped and laughed brightly. She patted my shoulder and shook her head to stop laughing. “We are going to get along famously,” she said in a British accent and I laughed.

We walked up to the main desk and waited over five minutes for the woman to notice us. “Hi, my name is Cassandra Blake, I’m new here.” She nodded tiredly and grabbed a folder from her desk, handing it to me and the girl took me out of the office.

“I totally forgot to tell you my name,” she gasped, pretending to look faint. She brought her hand out to shake mine and I did. “My name is Rosemarie Jennifer Leann Donahue.” She smiled brightly and I gawked at her.

“That is one of the longest names I have ever heard in my life,” I exclaimed and she laughed.

“You should meet my brother, his name is Nathaniel Jacob Darwin Forrest Donahue,” she said quietly and I smiled again. I was really going to like her.

After looking at my schedule with Rose, we saw that we had every class together and so we made our way to class right away so I wouldn’t be late for the first day at the new school like most new students are. Our first class was English and I’ve never liked the class. I mean, I love reading and writing, but when it comes to learning vocabulary, reading books that haven’t been opened since the 1920’s, and taking tests on how we feel about what we learned, it just sucks. At Monona, school was a little different because of how they ran their schedules. They split our schedules in half and put half on an A Day and half on a B Day and every other day we would go to those classes. Today was a B Day and I had Modern Literature, Anatomy, AP Calculus, and Study Hall.

When got into the English classroom, only the teacher and one other student were there and Rose went up to the teacher right away. I stood by the door until Rose told me to come towards her and I shook hands with a woman who looked to be only in her twenties.

“Hi, my name is Cassandra, but I like Cass,” the teacher smiled and shook my hand.

“Hello Cass, my name is Ms. Donahue,” I looked over at Rose and she rolled her eyes at me and smiled. “Yes, Rose is my little sister.” I laughed at how uncommon that really is and went to sit down in a random chair. Rose sat next to me and we talked until the bell rang five minutes later.

“Okay class, I would like to introduce you to a new student, Ms. Cassandra Blake. Ms. Blake, would you like to introduce yourself?” I nodded and stood up, standing right in my spot.

“Like Ms. Donahue said, my name is Cassandra, but I like to be called Cass. I moved here from Portland and I hope to get to know all of you,” I smiled and sat down. Ms. Donahue smiled and went to the white board.

“Okay class, let’s take out our notebooks and force write for ten minutes. Cass, if you don’t know what force write is, it is when you write about anything you want for ten minutes without stopping.” She wrote a topic on the board: Mythical Creatures and looked at the clock. “Okay, ten minutes start right now.” We all started writing and I automatically wrote about vampires are witches. It may be stereotypical, but for some reason, I felt a need to write about both. After ten minutes she told us to stop and write our names, even if we didn’t finish a sentence. We turned them in and after a few minutes, she looked up at me, but there wasn’t a smile on her face.

“Ms. Blake, please see me after class,” she said and I nodded, confused on what just happened.

Rose looked at me worried, but I shrugged it off. I looked at the clock, only an hour and twenty minutes of English left before I find out what she wants.

After the longest class period I’ve ever had in my life, the bell rang and I waved at Rose before walking up to her sister. “Hi Ms. Donahue,” I said, smiling. She smiled at me, but it didn’t reach her eyes. I frowned a little and she took a sheet out that I soon realized was my force write sheet.

“Cass, where did you learn this stuff that you wrote?” I looked down at the sheet to see my messy cursive writing, a little smeared because of the led.

“I didn’t,” I whispered, still staring down at the sheet of paper I wrote on. “I don’t know where I heard it, maybe a dream? I’ve been having weird dreams lately, ever since I met my neighbor, Nate.” Her eyes widened a little, but I couldn’t read her face so I couldn’t know if it was surprise or curiosity, or nervousness.

“Nate? You mean Nathaniel?” I nodded and she sighed. “I knew he would be involved in this somehow.” My eyes narrowed in suspicion and I backed up slightly. What does Nate have to do with this? I remembered Rose saying her brother’s name and it all clicked.

“Nate is your brother,” I stated, not as a question, but she still nodded as if it were. What the hell is going on with this family? I shifted my backpack a little so I could do something but avoid eye contact. “I, uh, have to go, but I hoped you liked the story. I liked having that dream.” I walked out and before she could say anything, I shut the door and walked off to find my next class before the bell rang. I found Rose standing just outside the door and I smiled at her, walking along the hallways with her to our next class on the other side of the school. This time we were late, but I didn’t care anymore. I just really needed to talk to Nate about everything.

After one of the longest days of school I’ve ever been to, I got into my car and made my way home as quickly as I could without speeding. I was going to quick drop off my car and head over to Nate’s house, but fate had other plans for me. Both my mom’s car and another car were parked in our driveway so I parked behind my mom’s car before walking in and dropping my stuff off in front of the door. I heard voices talk through the kitchen door and I yelled for my mom to let her know I was home.

She came out of the kitchen, flustered, and I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. “Mom, what’s going on?” She smiled knowingly at me and I rolled my eyes. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the living room before actually talking.

“Okay, honey, I need to tell you something and I don’t want you to be mad at me.” She sat me down and held my hands in her lap. “Cassandra, will you promise me to possibly think about what I’m saying before you freak out?” I looked at her confused and just shrugged. I’m not going to promise anything, especially when she is saying something like this.

She sighed and looked longingly in the direction of the kitchen. Who was in there? My mom cleared her throat and I looked at her again. She was fidgeting and her face was blotchy from nervousness, which ran in the family. “Okay, I’m just going to come out and say it.” She stood up and stood next to the fireplace. “I’ve been seeing someone in Portland and the reason we picked a house this big was because he asked me to marry him and that he was three kids.” My jaw fell off its hinges; it must have, because I couldn’t feel it next to my mouth anymore.

When I finally grasped what she said, only a little, I stood up and freaked. “You mean that you’ve been hiding it from me?” I yelled at her and started to pace around the room. I didn’t go anywhere near the fireplace and that’s one of the reasons she chose to stand there.

“You’ve got to be kidding me; I know you are your father’s child!” She exclaimed and I felt almost like she slapped me. She realized her mistake and came near me, but I put my hands in front of me to stop her.

“No, leave me alone.” I stated and left the living room to see a man standing outside of the kitchen. He looked to be in his thirties and his dark brown hair had a little gray showing. His eyes were a sharp brown, not muddy like most brown eyes and I admired them. “Enjoy my mom; you’re now the only thing she has left.” I ran up the stairs before he could say a word and slammed the door to my room. No freaking wonder she made my room just like I’ve always wanted it. She bribed me. I threw the pillows off my bed and fell face first into the mattress.

After screaming into my bed for five minutes, I was adrenaline free and I really needed to talk to Nate. I looked out my balcony and saw that his house was right outside and I knew I needed to get a ladder outside as soon as possible. If I was going to share my house with four new people, I would need to escape somehow. Before I lost my nerve, I ran down the stairs and towards the door, but voices in the living room stopped me.

“She’ll be okay, it is just sudden.” A man, who was most likely the man from the kitchen, said and I rolled my eyes; yeah, very sudden.

“But I feel horrible for lying to her until now. I know how much she loved her dad before he abandoned us both and it broke her into pieces. I didn’t tell her just incase she would resent you.” I now felt horrible. I opened the door and walked to Nate’s house slowly.

Once I knocked on his door, I realized I lost my nerve. I was about to walk away when he opened the door and grinned at me. I melted on the spot and smiled, walking in as he walked backwards. I opened my mouth to speak and before I knew it, his mouth was on mine. I kissed him back after a second and forgot about everything that I wanted to talk about. After a few minutes, I remembered what was going on and pulled away from him.

“Nate, I need to talk to you about something.” He looked at me for a second and then nodded; bringing me into his living room and surprisingly, it was larger than ours next door. “How is it possible for you to have a bigger house than us? You live by yourself!” I exclaimed and he laughed.

“I have a lot of parties though,” he grinned wickedly and I rolled my eyes, amused at him. We sat down on one of the couches and I had to use all of the will power I had not to kiss him again. “Okay, what’s up?” He asked, his eyes hinted lust and I knew he was doing the same thing.

“I talked to your sisters today,” he raised one of his eye brows at me and I smiled. “Rose is now my friend because I dissed Joshua Morris in front of his friends and your other sister is my English teacher.” He shook his head, groaning and I laughed. He raised his head up suddenly and glared.

“Wait, who is this Joshua?” I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes.

“Just some boy who was hitting on me, he was pretty cute.” I shrugged my shoulders and looked at my nails. I looked up to him and saw he was glaring at me. “What,” I asked questioningly and batted my eyelashes at him.

“Nothing,” he said, looking down at the ground, the color red was growing on his cheeks.

“Well, anyways, my life is also over!” I exclaimed and he looked up at me in surprise. “Well, not literally, but my mom was seeing someone in Portland and now she is marrying him and now he and his three kids are coming here and now I have to share a house with strangers and –” Before I could say anything more, his lips were on mine and I grasped his hair in my hands and he pulled me down on the couch. His hands went up under my shirt and I moaned in his mouth. I felt him smirk against my lips and I bit his lip a little which made him moan as well. I dug my nails in his back before he pulled away. I pouted at him and he laughed silently.

“We should stop,” he said, gasping for air and I smiled, glad I could do that to him.

I trailed my nails down his chest and felt him shiver. “I turn eighteen in two months,” I said, smiling and his eyes lit up. He kissed me one last time and pulled me up so we stood.

“Okay, about my sisters, yeah, they are known by everyone. They are a little weird, but I love them.” I nodded and smiled. “Now about the man your mom is going to marry, ask your mom to get to know him and his kids before letting her know if your okay with it or not. If you meet them and don’t like them, then your mom might wait until you move out. Plus, if you really want to move out because you don’t like them, I have eight empty rooms that could be used.” He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks Nate, this helped a lot.” I started to walk to the door when he pulled me back. He kissed me softly on the cheek and I frowned, not knowing what this really was. I opened my mouth to ask him about it when he started to talk.

“Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?” He asked and I smiled, nodding eagerly. “Good. Because if you said no, I would have to have made you, and it may seem like kidnap if I do.” I laughed and left his house in one of the best moods I have had in a while.

Once I got home, I knew something was going on. There was a new car amongst my mom’s, her man, and mine, and I was annoyed to know who this surprise guest was. I mean, if she wanted me to meet everyone today, she should have told me. How old were his kids anyways? I opened the door slowly and heard voices from upstairs. Well, there goes me sneaking to my room any time soon. I decided to go find a ladder for outside my balcony.

After fifteen minutes of looking in the garage, I still couldn’t find one, but I did find a hidden attic. I crawled up there with the attached stairs and found boxes upon boxes up there. I was just going to go down to tell my mom the last person who lived here left a lot of stuff when I saw my name, not only my name but the name, Clarissa Brown.

I walked to it slowly, because in those movies when you find something with your name on it, it is always bad. When I finally got there, I had some sort of nerve to open it and I finally did it. What was there surprised the hell out of me.

On the top of the box was a photo of Nate and I that looked like it was from thirty years ago. I pulled the photo out and set it aside then looked at everything else. There was a diary with the name Clarissa Brown written on it and when I opened it, I gasped. The dates were from the 1930’s.

Even though it seemed very unrealistic, I couldn’t help but keep reading. I opened it to a random entry and read it in pure interest.

January 14, 1934 –

Dear Diary,

They are on to us. I don’t know what to do. We will have to move on in the next few years anyways so we all think we should leave early. I mean, vampires can only stay in one place for a limited amount of time without people noticing something is wrong.

Nathaniel yelled at me for being stupid last night. I was on the roof of the building we were at, enjoying the sun soaking into my skin when I fell asleep. I didn’t mean to fall asleep, but I did. When I went downstairs, Nathaniel yelled at me because I was the chosen one who was different than the rest of them. I yelled at him back when he kissed me on the lips.

At that instant, I fell in love with him. We made love to each other and he told me he loved me. But it was weird, the next day, he told me to get back to training and when I confronted him, he said it was for the best if we ignored our feelings. It almost broke my heart and for the past six hours, I’ve been training with every vampire that will fight me and it is starting to take its toll on me.

I have to go now, Nathaniel is coming this way and I feel a fight coming ahead.

With all the love in the world, Clarissa Brown

My jaw dropped. This can’t possibly be real, but what has it got to do with me? I quickly shut the box, grabbing the diary and photo and went down the stairs to the garage quickly. I made it inside and didn’t hear any voices so I made my way to my room. I dropped the stuff off in the back of my closet and went down stairs to go find my mom.

“Mom? Are you home?” I yelled when I got down the stairs and my mom came out of the kitchen, smiling at me.

“Hi sweetie, how are you?” I smiled at her and nodded and walked towards her. Her head came towards my ear and I froze. “Justin and his kids are here, if you still don’t know whether to agree or not yet, please don’t go in there.” She backed up and tears threatened to pour out.

“How about I talk to each one separately and if I don’t like them or something, I’ll tell you. Okay?” She smiled and it lit up the whole room. She nodded and went into the kitchen quickly. She came out a few minutes later and brought out two girls who were about fourteen.

“Okay, these girls are Jamie,” she pointed at a girl in blue and then she pointed at a girl in green. “And this is Jenny. They are Justin’s daughters.” I smiled at them and shook their hands. “Girls, this is my daughter Cassandra. Why don’t you guys go in the living room and talk?” They nodded happily and we made our way to the living room.

“You guys can call me Cass if you want, I don’t really like people calling me by my full name.” They nodded and smiled, looking around the living room. “So, you guys are twins? How is that like?” Jamie smiled at me while Jenny was still looking around

“I like being a twin, even if some of the time, we drive each other crazy.” I smiled at the both of them and noticed that Jenny was really quiet. I was looking at her, trying to make her look at me when her eyes snapped to me and we stared at each other for a few minutes in silence. During the silence, Jamie was sitting there watching us and laughed nervously.

“Well, I guess you should meet our brother, Jesse, now.” I nodded and they both left, leaving me to ponder what just happened with Jenny and I. After only a few seconds, the door opened again to find a boy my age standing there in all black. His black hair matched his sisters and his green eyes were electric with color.

“Hi, I’m Cass,” I said, standing up and walking towards him to shake his hand. He shook my hand and I waited for him to introduce himself, but he didn’t say anything. I dropped my hand to my side and stood there awkwardly, waiting for him to say anything. After a few minutes of silence, I shuffled my feet and looked up to his eyes. Talk.

His eyes narrowed and he glared at me while opening his mouth. “My name is Jesse,” he said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. What did I do to him? He left the living room after a few seconds and I stood there, confused about what just happened.

Nobody came in after a few minutes and I left to go up to my room. I was sitting outside on my balcony and saw something next to the gated fence that surrounded the balcony. A ladder was leaning against the house and a note was attached to the top of it.

Come to my house anytime you want, Nate. I smiled and grabbed a bag to put the diary and photo in, along with a pair of clothes, pajamas, bathroom stuff, and a book, then went back to my balcony to climb down the ladder.

I made my way to his house and knocked on the door seconds later. He opened it and smirked at me knowingly. “I thought you would have been here sooner than this,” I rolled my eyes at his smugness and went in, pushing past him, going upstairs.

“You want a tour?” I looked at him and nodded, while he stepped next to me and opened each door.

“Okay, the next seven rooms are all guest rooms that I don’t use ever and then the last one,” we walked to the last one, “is my bedroom.” He opened the door and I saw a roomy room that looked barely used. I dropped my stuff and ran onto his bed, bouncing on it before finally settling in. He was watching me amused in the doorway and I patted the spot next to me for him to lie down. His eyes gleamed and he ran and bounced right next to me. He laid down on his side and stared at me. I smiled, looking at him and leaned forward, placing my hand on his chest. He shivered under my touch and I smiled. Before I forgot, I leaned my head towards him and he was ready to be kissed when I leaned my head on his.

“Do you know someone by the name of Clarissa Brown?” He froze and backed up, staring at me confused.

“How do you know that name?” He asked and I knew I asked the right person about this.

“I was up in our attic and found a box with both Clarissa Brown and my name written on the side. I was curious so I opened it up and found a picture of two people who look just like you and I and then I found her diary. She said she was a vampire and that she fell in love with someone named Nathaniel, but he broke her heart.” He frowned after I finished and looked away.

“I, I can’t tell you anything just yet, but how about you get ready for bed because tomorrow you have to go to school and then you have to get ready for our date.” I smiled and nodded, letting everything go for the moment and got ready for bed. When I looked at the clock, I was genuinely surprised that it was finally almost nine o’clock. I brushed my teeth, got into my pajamas, put my hair in a pony tail and went into Nate’s bedroom. He was laying there, staring up at the ceiling when I went in there.

“Can I sleep in here?” I asked and he looked at me and nodded. I smiled and jumped into bed next to him.

“I’ll just sleep on the couch,” he said, getting up, but I grabbed him by the shirt and shook my head.

“Stay with me,” I smiled at him and he smiled back, leaning in for a kiss.

I woke up to Nate’s heart beat. I lifted my head to see my head ended up on his chest, my arm was sprawled across his naked chest, and my leg was wrapped around his leg. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before getting up and grabbing my stuff to get ready. I checked the clock and saw that I got up early so I slowly made my way out of his house and into my bedroom.

I took a shower in my bathroom, got changed, and grabbed my stuff for school, leaving my house before anyone was awake. When I got to school, the doors were still locked and so I decided to just sit outside and wait until someone got here, which was fifteen minutes later.

After school was done that day and I dealt with Joshua flirting with me, girls looking at me enviously, Rose and I making fun of everyone that could walk, and Ms. Donahue staring at me all throughout class, I finally made my way home and checked my phone. I got a text from Nate, not knowing how his number got into my phone, and I smiled at him.

Wear something casual, I’ll be at your house by seven – Nate. I jumped up and down in excitement and got into the shower to get ready. After my shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and went into my room to see Jesse sitting on my bed. I screamed and he jumped, falling off the bed.

“What the hell are you doing in my room?” I yelled at him and hid behind the bathroom door.

“I’m sorry, I’ll come back,” he said, laughing a little and I screamed at him one more time before he left, shutting the door behind him. I groaned in embarrassment and got ready for my date.

I looked at the clock and I had ten minutes to finish my makeup and hair. I quickly pulled my hair up in a high pony tail, knowing that my makeup would take ten minutes and went to it right away. I put the dark purple eye shadow on to match my shirt, then the black eyeliner, brown/black mascara, and then I put a little lip gloss on. I wasn’t planning on kissing him… a lot tonight so I wanted to look my best.

The door bell rang and I jumped up off my bed, almost falling down in the process. Nate is here, I screamed in my head. I tried to tell myself to move, but my feet were stuck to the ground. Finally, after what seemed like forever, I started to move and relaxed. I walked down the stairs and saw Nate talking to my mom and Justin, her fiancé. Jesse, Jamie, and Jenny were standing against the wall across from them and I smiled at how bored they looked.

Nate looked up at me and his jaw dropped. I smirked at him, looking down at my outfit quickly. I was wearing a dark purple halter top, black skinny jeans, and dark purple converse.

He shook his head and smiled at me and I smiled back. I noticed everybody stopped and stared at me and I smiled, loving the reaction I gave everyone. Well, except Jesse. I looked over at him and he was staring at me like I shouldn’t even be here. I glared at him for a second before I looked back at Nate and took his hand.

“Be good and don’t make me regret letting you out of the house,” my mom said and I smiled, but inside I was rolling my eyes. After that, she was looking at us with excitement filling her eyes and she was practically jumping up and down. “Okay, sweetie, be back before eleven and have a good time.” She gave me a hug, Justin shook both Nate and my hand, and then we left the house.

Nate pulled me into his car and went to his side then started the car. I was almost jumping in excitement for what we were doing and Nate was just smiling at my childishness. “You look very pretty tonight, Cass.” I smiled at him and patted his hand. He grabbed it in his and wrapped it tightly. I looked at him curiously and he laughed. “I’m going to try my hardest not to let you be bored tonight,” he bragged and I rolled my eyes.

“You are looking dashing tonight,” I said a few seconds later and I looked down his body. He was wearing dark blue jeans, black converse, and a dark gray t-shirt, and I was practically drooling. “Now that you said your plan for the night, I am going to say mine.” He looked at me curiously and I knew he would want to kill me after I said it. I took a deep breath, trying to say it aloud and then I pinched myself.

“I’m going to try my hardest not to let you kiss me this whole night,” his jaw dropped and I laughed aloud, loudly. He glared at me and tried to pull his hand away, but I squeezed tightly.

“Nope, you said that you don't want me to be bored, I’m not going to let you quit just yet,” I grinned wickedly at him and he finally cracked. A smile appeared on his face and I knew he was over the no kissing thing. “So, where are we going?” I started to bounce in my seat again and his eyes crinkled in delight.

“We’re going to a kind of chilly place, but you’ll love it.” He grinned and I laughed a little. He was so cute when he smiled. After about five minutes, he pulled over on the side of the road and turned towards me. “Close your eyes, I have a surprise for you,” I smiled, closing my eyes when I felt something soft go over my eyes.

“You’re blindfolding me?” I said through my laughs. He didn’t answer me, just kept driving. Once again, after about ten or fifteen minutes, I couldn’t tell, the car stopped again and he actually turned it off. “Where are we?” I asked but he didn’t answer me; instead, he shut the door to his side, went around to my door, and then opened mine. He pulled me out and told me to watch my step before I started to walk on something that felt like grass. I laughed as we kept walking.

“Okay, you can take your blindfold off now,” he said and when I took it off, I gasped. In front of me was a little blanket filled with a dinner and a picnic basket. I smiled, overjoyed at how sweet this was and hugged Nate. He puckered his lips and I put my hand to his mouth. He widened his eyes in surprise and I laughed hysterically.

“Sit down you dork,” he said and I twisted into a criss-cross applesauce position. We sat down and he opened the basket and pulled out key lime pie. I squealed in excitement at my favorite desert ever and he laughed, tracing his hand up and down my arm.

I slapped him lightly and rolled my eyes. "Okay, so now that we are here, what are we going to do after dinner?" I asked curiously and he grinned evilly at me. I raised an eyebrow and tisked him for keeping secrets.

He scooped some key lime pie into my mouth and I moaned in yummy-ness. His eyes filled with lust and I knew that I would have to take it slow tonight, especially with the noises. I gave him the fork, filled with some more pie and he smiled at me. He pulled out some cake, sandwiches, and sodas and we started to eat. We talked about everything and anything and I was loving just being with him.

We took a quick walk and when we got back, I was about to scoop out some more key lime pie, but an explosion erupted a few feet away from us and I went flying.

90909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909

090909090909090909090

When I woke up, I was lying in the same field, but everything was different. Nate was yelling my name, most likely looking for me, but all I saw were the flames. I looked up to see a man staring at me through the flames and I screamed louder than I thought I was able to.

Flames were all around me and I started to cough because of the lack of oxygen. “Cass!” I heard him yell and he was in front of me in seconds. I tried to sit up, but I couldn’t and when I looked down, I saw that my legs were cut up a lot. I looked around for that man again, but he was gone and I was now freaking out. Who would want to harm us?

He looked around, terrified, and nodded his head in a strange way. “Cass, I have to tell you something important.” I looked at him like he was crazy. At a time like this he wants to tell me something? I nodded, letting him continue and he sighed.

“I’m a vampire, Cass,” he whispered in my ear and I shivered, nodding my head slightly.

“I know, I remember everything, Nathaniel,” I said and tried gaining a deep breath. My vision was starting to mess up and I knew that I was going to black out in a moment. “Nate, I still loved you after you broke my heart. I still loved you and I will always love you,” I said before I felt faint and blacked out in his arms.

“Wake up, wake up, it’s time to wake up,” a voice sang in my ear and when I opened my eyes, a strange man was smiling at me. I jumped back, screaming, and he covered his ears while his eyes were wide in fright and confusion. When he realized he scared me, he covered my mouth, making my screams muffled, and put a finger up to his mouth. I stopped for a second, confused, and he pulled his hand away from me.

“Okay, we can’t have you screaming, otherwise they’ll come in,” he said frightened. His accent was southern decent and he kept looking towards the door, like he knew something was going to happen. I looked at the metal door across the room confused and back at the man. "Now that you are quiet, I don't think we have to worry about them coming in to disturb us just yet. But we have to be careful, okay little missy?" I nodded and he sighed happily.

“Who is ‘they’?” I whispered barely audible. He sighed and shook his head, sitting on the bed next to me.

“’They’ is the local witch coven. They pick up new recruits every few weeks, but lately, there’s been none. You’re the first in almost six months.” I crinkled my eyebrows together. What the hell happened? I remembered there was an explosion, and then Nate, then I blacked out. What happened to Nate?

I stood up quickly and looked at him. “My name is Cass,” I said quickly. “My name is Jefferson,” he said, but paused.

“Wait, Cassandra Blake?” I nodded slowly. “You’re a legend here! For the past two hundred years, they’ve been looking for you!” He boasted loudly.

“What? Why?” I whispered and his eyes bulged out.

“Wait! You don’t know about your past?” I was about to ask what when the doors opened. Jefferson cowered in the corner, but they picked him up easily.

“What don’t I know?” I screamed as they took the screaming Jefferson out of the room. Jefferson looked at me and just smiled, and then the doors closed.

“What don’t I know? Witches? Well, where am I to judge what things do and don’t exist.” I mumbled to myself, still freaked out about what just happened. Where did they take him?

90909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909

It could be seconds, minutes, hours, days later, but I started to freak out. No one has come in the room since the incident and there was nothing but a bed, toilet, and sink in the cold metal room. One light was swinging from the ceiling and I was going mad. I soon found out no one was going to be coming, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

-

-
-

I stood up out of the grass and looked around. It looked like the field Nate and I were in, but it didn’t look the same. The grass was singed to the mud it grew in and nothing looked happy. I turned around and saw Nate. I ran to him and gave him a hug, but I went through him and landed on my face in the mud. He looked down to where I was and squinted.

“Nate, did you find something?” A girl asked from behind him and I saw it was Rose, tear stains on her face.

“I can feel her, but I can’t see her,” he said and I jumped up. He can feel me?

“Can you hear me?” His head swung up to look at me and his eyes widened.

“Cass, is that you?” I smiled, excited and nodded.

“It’s me Nate, where am I? I was asleep in a facility for the local witch coven and now I’m here.” His eyes widened even further and looked to Rose. She couldn’t hear me, so Nate told her what I said. In smaller words, she freaked out.

“Nate, I’m scared,” I whispered and he looked in pain. He opened his mouth to say something when the ground started to shake.

“Nate? What’s happening? The ground is shaking!” I yelled, afraid, and started to cry.

“Cass, hold on, were coming to –” He never got to finish the sentence because I fell into the ground and darkness wrapped itself around me.

I woke up back in the room, but the difference was that people were in the room now with me. I backed up against the wall.

“You’re stronger than I thought,” A woman stepped through the door. She smiled, but it wasn’t friendly and I felt the air cool around us.

“Stronger? What are you talking about?” I asked, truly terrified. She laughed and I flinched.

“You, darling, are the most powerful witch in existence. Even after you were reincarnated, you still had your powers. And you’ve been reincarnated twice!” She yelled and I cringed at the volume she projected.

“Witch? I’ve never been a witch!” I said standing up and I felt warmth flow through my veins.

“Nobody told you darling, because someone has killed you right before they are able to. Only, this time, we got there first.” She smirked and I fought not to punch her in the face.

“What do you want with me then?” I asked her and her smile grew.

“Only your powers Cassandra, only your powers.” With that, a man punched me in the face and I was out like a light.

(Nate’s POV – The one and only other POV)

We were in the field again. It’s been two days since Cass disappeared out of nowhere and I was going to get to the bottom of this. I was standing in the spot where she told me she loved me. I closed my eyes, picturing her beautiful blond hair flowing in the night wind. Even with grass stuck to her face and rips in her clothes, she looked beautiful.

When she blacked out, I hugged her tight, not wanting to let her go ever. Then, out of nowhere, she started to glow and she was gone.

After two days of her missing, I was going crazy and her mom was hysterical. Justin, her fiancé, almost killed me, plus his kids were just pissed, asking, ‘Who would kidnap her?” over a million times.

A feeling brought me out of my thoughts. I looked down and I felt her. She was here somewhere.

“Nate, did you find something?” Rose asked me and I ignored her, staring at the spot.

“I can feel her, but I can’t see her,” I whispered and wind blew around me.

“Can you hear me?” Cass’ voice yelled out and I snapped my head towards the direction of her voice.

“Cass? Is that you?” I saw Rose look at me funny, but I didn’t care, Cass was here.

“It’s me Nate, where am I? I was asleep in a facility for the local witch coven and now I’m here.” Witch coven? Crap. I told Rose what Cass said and she freaked out.

“Nate, I’m scared,” she said in a small voice and I felt my heart break. All of a sudden, I heard her freak out. “Nate? What’s happening? The ground is shaking!” she yelled and I freaked out.

“Cass, hold on, were coming to –” Her screams cut me off and all I heard were screams until everything was silent.

Rose looked at me and we shared a thought before we raced towards the local witch coven in downtown Madison.

“What are you going to do Nate?” Rose asked me as we ran and I shook my head. I really had no idea what I was going to do. All I knew was that I had to save her. The witch coven in Madison was one of the worst and most evil in the country.

“I’m going to save the love of my life Rose, that’s all I can do,” I said and sped up, almost as if I were racing against time itself.

I was punched in the face for the sixth time and I started to not feel it. Not only that, but my arms were cut, my lip was busted open, and I most likely broke at least two ribs. I screamed every time they touched me, but I lost so much blood, most of my body was numb. I was surprised that I could even function still.

“Look, she is healing again,” one pointed out and I looked down to see my arms closing up, leaving faint scars. The woman, who I grew to know as Lilith, was smiling widely at me the whole time. I glared at her under the icy chill of her presence and she laughed.

“Cassandra, just tell us what we want to know and we’ll do what we have to do. After that, you can leave,” she shrugged, but it sounded as if I would be dying either way.

“What do you want to know again?” I asked, smirking, and I saw Lilith’s eyes glaze over with anger. I laughed and closed my eyes. I was going to die soon anyways, why not have a little fun.

“Tell me where your soul keeper is or we’ll kill someone you know!” she yelled and my eyes snapped open. The door squealed loudly and a boy was pushed to the ground in front of me. At first, I thought it was Nate, but when he looked up, I gasped. Jesse? What has he got to do with anything?

“Jesse? What is going on?” I remembered the keep part and looked at Lilith. “What is a soul keeper?” Her eyes glowed red and her fists came up to hit me in the face. I spit out blood and looked back at Jesse. He was crying and I felt weird because I wasn’t.

“I’m so sorry Cassandra. They wanted to talk to you, just talk, they said. I’m so sorry.” He started crying, but after one hit in the face from one of the guys, he was out.

“You’re a monster!” I screamed at all of them. “I don’t know what a freaking soul keeper is and if I did, I would never tell you!” I spat at Lilith and I felt the room drop about twenty degrees.

“You know the thing about reincarnated beings, if I kill you, you’ll come back and I can do this all over again.” She said with excitement. “I’ll let you have time to think about that.

“I have to be a vampire before you kill me, otherwise I won’t come back,” I stated and she froze with her back turned.

“Thank you for reminding me,” she turned to a guard and smiled. “Will you get Mr. Pryce?” He nodded and left. She motioned with her hand and they all left, leaving me with an unconscious Jesse. I was tied up, so I couldn’t check to see if he was okay, so I just sat there, feeling the pain everywhere.

I wanted to escape, I just kept yelling, I wanted to escape. The chains around me started to glow like they were on fire, but I didn’t feel anything. The metal exploded all around me and I jumped over Jesse so they didn’t hit him. I looked up after the noise stopped and saw dents, tears, and holes where the metal stopped.

Jesse shifted from under me and I stood up to see his eyes fluttering. His eyes opened wide and he sat up, hugging me tightly. “I’m so sorry Cass, please forgive me,” he begged, still hugging me. I pushed him off me and walked towards the door.

I put my hands against the door and pictured it to open and when I looked, the door was across the hall and my hands finished glowing. I looked over to Jesse, terrified, and set my hands down. “You did that with your mind?” I nodded, confused and he walked up to me. “That shouldn’t be possible, but I guess you’re different.” He smiled and I frowned.

“I’m really a witch, aren’t I?” He nodded and looked pleased with me. “Crap,” I mumbled to myself and looked outside. There was still nobody out there and I was worried about that.

"If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a witch as well," he said and I nodded, shushing him to keep quiet.

"We have to get out of here. Do you know how, with magic?" He nodded and I sighed in relief. He started to say something under his breath and he started to shimmer with light. He was about to grab my hand when I was pulled back. Jesse disappeared, but not before he yelled for me, and I turned around to see Jefferson.

I grabbed him in a hug and laughed. "I'm so glad you're okay, I was so worried." I exclaimed, still hugging him, but when I realized he wasn't hugging me back, I pulled away and looked at him. His eyes were red and his mouth was opened to reveal fangs. I screamed loudly, but his hand was covering mine before I could finish the scream.

"I'm so sorry Miss Cassandra, please forgive me when you become a vampire," he begged and now I started to cry. I tried to fight him off, but I couldn't stop freaking out.

“Please don’t hurt me, please just let me go,” I begged quietly, but he shook his head and I sobbed harder.

“The hunger is too strong Miss Cassandra,” he leaned in, opening his mouth wide and I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to be a vampire.

I fell to the ground, but kept my eyes closed. After a few minutes of nothing happening, I peeked one of my eyes open to see Rose smiling down at me. “Cass? It’s okay, he is gone.” She helped me up and I looked around, but Jefferson was nowhere to be found. ‘

“Where’s Jefferson?” I asked and she looked confused at me. “The vampire that was trying to attack me, he was human only a few hours ago, he was nice to me. What happened to him?” She frowned at me and I knew he was dead.

“I’m sorry Cass, Nate saw you like that and went mad,” she commented and my heart started to race at his name. Nate? He was here?

I looked around, but didn’t see him either. “Where is Nate?” I asked quietly and I turned around to see him at the end of the hall. I ran towards him and when I got to him, I jumped in his arms and hugged him. He hugged me back, tightly and squeezed.

“I’m never letting you go after this,” Nate said and I laughed, kissing him as hard as I could. When we pulled back, he set me down and held my hand. “We need to get you out of here before Lilith comes back.”

“How do you know who she is,” I asked and he frowned at me further.

“Lilith is my mother,” he said and I froze. His mother? We kept walking after that, but we had no idea how to get out of there. Nate twisted, opening a door when he froze.

“Rose, get Cass out of here,” he begged and Rose grabbed my arm. I looked at him like he was crazy, but it was too late. Before I could even grasp what was going on, Rose threw me over her shoulder and we were flying out of the building quicker than I thought was possible for both human and vampire.

90909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090909090

Rose stopped us and we were at my house. I looked around, confused at what was going on, but Rose wasn't going to put up with my confusion apparently because she pulled me inside and told me to pack my stuff. I ran up the stairs, wondering where my mom was, but I didn't stop and think about it. If Nate wanted me to pack, I would.

I quickly packed up everything that I would need and went downstairs to see Rose gone. She wasn't anywhere, but there was a note for me.

Cassandra -

Leave here or your family and loved ones will die. This is your only warning.

So I did what I had to do, I took the keys to my car and left.