Vampires: Cold Bloods and Warm Bloods | Teen Ink

Vampires: Cold Bloods and Warm Bloods

November 24, 2011
By Mar.3G BRONZE, redding, California
More by this author
Mar.3G BRONZE, Redding, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
be yourself and dont let people control ur life.


Author's note: I think of the main character, Marlene as myself.

I’m running, faster, faster, faster, why was I running? And whom was I running from? Am I running from myself or from someone else? As these questions ran through my mind I stopped, there was something there in the shadows… someone… like me. He came out and as I was about to remove his mask…

I gasped and sat up in my bed, a nightmare… just another nightmare, another… My name is Marlene Grotess. I am 13 years old and forever will be… you see I am not as you say normal, my eyes are hazel and change, and my hair is brunette and blonde. I have many lives and yet one. I am a cold blood. These nightmares I’ve been having them for quite a while and I still don’t understand them. Well, I’m in the town of Censor city. Many have heard of it and many have not. It’s where we cold blood live. We hide in the shadows of the under caves. No one can enter but us. You have to dive deep down to where coldness is for-bearing. And when you reach it you climb inside to the top inside the rocks. Many humans have tried to enter but of coarse had died trying. We cold bloods hide from warm bloods we hide to be safe, but me. I fascinate the way human’s actions are, the way they live, and how they react. I’ve just started a warm bloods school. It’s interesting. My class is just starting now.

“Morning class my name is Mr. Iran and I will be your science teacher. Everyone please pick your seats.” I sit down in the middle row right next to the window. There are two warm bloods out side playing with what it looks to be a leather ball with pointed ends…
“Hey did you hear me I asked if I can sit hear?” I looked up there a guy who was a little short but seemed harmless so I nodded.
“Today class we will be learning about electrodes.” I continued to listen as the teacher wrote on the board.
“Hey can you believe this guy it’s the first day of school and he’s already making us work?” the warm blood next to me complained. “This is ridiculous.”
“Excuse me Mr. Moore do you have something you’d like to share with the class?” the teacher moved all the attention on the complaining warm blood.
“What? Oh no nothing you’d like to hear.”
“Very well then Mr. Moore I’ll let you off this time but next time I’m sending you to the principles office.” I saw that everyone was quiet after that.
During lunch I saw that all the warm bloods were sitting in big groups I didn’t know where to sit so I sat at an empty table as some warm bloods were too. The warm blood in science sat next to me, “did you get electrodes?” I looked at him confused and raised a brow. “In science?” he said. “Oh well he was so boring so I didn’t pay attention to him either. So, you new here?”
“Umm, yes.” I didn’t know what to say. It was all very confusing to me; I mean why was he talking to me?
“Oh hey let me introduce myself, my name is Kelly but my friends call me Kel. What’s your name?”
Kelly, what an unusual name I thought. “Marlene.” I said. He looked very confused.
“What? Marie?”
He obviously didn’t hear me, so I’ll say it louder. “Marlene.”
“What? Melene?” He was really bugging me.
“MARLENE!” I was getting really agitated.
“Ha! Oh its Malene.” I now understood that he was playing pretend.
So I said once more in a very calm voice, “Marlene.” I smiled he really was funny.
“Ha-ha I’m just kidding. Marlene I’ll try to remember that.” He smiled; he might be a good person to be friends with.
“So hey can I sit here?” he waved his hand over my face, “earth to Marlene. Hey, hello?”
“Yes, you can, that’s fine, o-o- okay.” Why was I having trouble saying okay? That’s weird.
“O-o-okay.” He looked at me weirdly then laughed and smiled, he had a great smile it was certainly way noticeable than all the other warm bloods. We ate our lunch quietly when I noticed two other warm bloods coming over. They stopped and told Kayo to come with them. He freely got up and left with out saying a word I guess he forgot I was here or something. I didn’t see him any more that day.

I got out from school and went home to the cave. There was Jimmy and Fred fighting over who gets the last bag of hospital blood. Jimmy is tall and muscular and usually wins; he has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Then there’s Fred always trying to be better than jimmy trying to challenge Jimmy in everything, He has red hair and bright green eyes. Jimmy and Fred always fight over every thing. Once they actually fought over me, since I am the only girl living here.
“Hey knock it off you two!” startled I quickly turned around. Cole, the leader, He has bleach blonde, kind of, long hair, you know the kind where it hangs over their eyes; he may be average size but he’s very cunning, that’s why he’s the leader. He also has the most brightest and purest blue eyes you could ever see. Cole is really hot and when I say really I mean the kind of hot where they have abs and they are funny and kind and… I watched as he snatched the last bag of hospital blood from Jimmy and Fred and started drinking it. Cole and I use to date, but we broke up when he heard I was going to go to a warm bloods school. Cole had a bad experience with warm bloods and now he doesn’t want anything to do with them. Of course I still like him and he still likes me but we could never be together as long as I’m going to a warm bloods school. If I let Cole get his way then it’ll be like I don’t control myself any more. I looked at Cole and saw he was coming over.
“How was warm blood school? Delicious?” Cole asked while sucking the last of the blood.
“Fine.” I replied quickly. I really didn’t want to talk to him. I was starving. I turned and looked as Jimmy and Fred was scavenging through the fridge.
“Hey Cole there’s no more blood left what are we going to do?” Jimmy asked while closing the fridge.
“Yeah there’s no more blood left and I’m starving!” Fred added in. My stomach growled at the thought of blood.
“Well then it’s already midnight let’s hunt.” Cole said giving us all the message of what he meant, warm, fresh, blood.


We went off gliding across the water, laughing as Jimmy pushed Fred into the lake yelling, “loser!” I looked up at the midnight sky, the full moon. The full moon at midnight always makes us crazy especially with our craving for blood. I looked down from the star light sky and smiled at Cole, and then I remembered we weren’t together any more and looked away. He noticed what I did and just to show off he ran faster across the water, passed Jimmy and Fred, which made them stop fighting and run faster. I realized they were getting far ahead and ran faster just to catch up. We reached shore and leaped on top of the buildings spying for our first victim. Cole sent me, Jimmy and Fred a glare as to say I’ve got one. We followed Cole as he led us to the top corner of an alley, and down below us next to two dumpsters were two people, a man and a woman. The man was holding a gun at the woman asking for money. Jimmy jumped down from the building and attacked the man with Fred following along. Cole jumped down and as to show off for the woman did a back flip. I watched as he whispered to the woman, “don’t worry he’s a goner.” And attacked the man with Jimmy and Fred. I was disgusted as the woman was feeling that she was being protected and I attacked her. She screamed and Cole turned around and smiled. I finished the last of the blood and her body dropped limply to the ground. I wiped the dripping blood from my mouth. And Fred started complaining that he should have had the first drink. I walked away from the fighting jimmy, Fred, and Cole trying to stop them and as I was about to step on the water, a man came out, “Hey Marlene.”
I looked at him for a second then I saw his face. “Antonio, I’ve missed you so much.” I gave him a big hug. Antonio is my twin brother. He is a vampire but he refused to drink blood, which made him rejected by all the other vampires. He has pale skin the palest skin you could ever have, he also has gold eyes no other person has gold eyes except him and me. His hair has grown white over the summer; I guessed that he still doesn’t drink blood. Antonio has a special power some vampires do. I have a power too, but I haven’t figured it out yet. Antonio has the power to be invisible; The Great Ones (the lead vampires) have been tracking Antonio for quite awhile. Antonio was supposed to drink blood of a human on his second moon, but he didn’t. Ever since then The Great Ones have been hunting him. “ What’s up sis? I’ve missed you.”
Antonio looked weary, like he was sick. “ Hey Antonio are you okay? You seem sick.” Antonio smiled and exhaled. He collapsed in my arms.

I took Antonio back to the cave. He was still passed out. I laid him down on the couch and covered him with a blanket he would probably just go right to sleep. After that I went to bed. “Hey Marlene. Why is there a guy in our living room?” Cole woke me up and his face was right above mine.
“Hmm?” I grunted I was really sleepy. “Oh yeah Antonio. Leave him alone.”
“Aw man. Jimmy, Fred, the face drawing is out of the picture.”
I listened and heard Jimmy and Fred’s disappointed cries.
“And the bed on water” I added and gave Cole a look as to say I caught you. I heard some more loudly disappointed cries from the other room. “Can you get off me Cole?” I looked at him and I could tell he didn’t realize that he was hovering over me on my bed.
“Oh ha sorry habit.” He ashamedly got off the bed I could tell that he really missed me and I really missed him, but he hates humans and I’m not going to stop my studies just because he wants to get back together, no matter what. I couldn’t help myself, “Why are you so stubborn!” my mouth dropped open I couldn’t believe what I just had said.
Cole sharply turned around with a confused look on his face, “what?”
“ I-I mean why do you, how can you, what’s wrong with you!”
“Marlene, listen I do still like you but you have the stench of a human, and I really miss you but if you want to get back together, I know I do, you have to quit warm bloods school.”
“ No what is with you and warm bloods, you always have a problem with them what’s so bad about them that you can’t get past me going to their school.”
“Marlene, listen my parents were killed by humans.”
I gasped, “ Why didn’t you tell me?”
“ I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to feel sorry for me.”
“Oh I’m so sorry,” Cole cut me off with a kiss, and I let him, like always, I can never control myself
The next morning, I woke up and I got ready for school like I said I am not letting him make my choices. I don’t care if his parents were killed by them or not, I am holding my ground. I looked on the couch Antonio had a mustache drawn on him, typical. Every one was sleeping; I snuck out. My class was starting and Kelly sat next to me.
“Hey what’s up?” Kelly looked at me and I saw his pure blue eyes and his fluffy hair, His smile was amazing. Not being able to hold it in I smiled, “nothing, I’m fine and you?”
“Good.” Kelly’s voice was so perfect I had to smile bigger. Then I noticed Kelly was looking at me and I stopped smiling. “How come your eyes are different colors?” Kelly was trying to get a good look at my eyes. I stopped and started thinking. He noticed that my eyes change color, what do I say? “I was born with it.” Stupid, I am so stupid what kind of answer is that? Gosh what’s wrong with me? “Oh yeah that’s cool, they are like green then blue then they change to brown and gray, that’s neat.” Kelly took a last glimpse of my eyes then turned away. I thought he was going to freak out. After class it was lunchtime and I sat alone, as usual. Kelly came over and sat down, “dude you need some friends.” I laughed and nodded I am probably really lame right now. Kelly was telling a whole bunch of jokes and I had to laugh a lot. Then I noticed from the corner of my eye Cole outside the window, “Oh my God, What is he doing here?” I stood up and looked to make sure that was Cole, it was.
“Who is here? That guy, who is he?” Kelly looked at Cole and then at me asking that question over and over again.
“That is Cole, my friend. I don’t know why he’s here.” I said nervously. Cole looked at me nastily and walked off.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.