The Devil's Rose

Author's note: I've always loved fantasy. It's my favorite genre and I wrote this in 45 mins. I hope everyone enjoys it!
Author's note: I've always loved fantasy. It's my favorite genre and I wrote this in 45 mins. I hope everyone enjoys it!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

Somethings Wrong With Jeri

When Jeri opened her eyes, she was in her room lying in her bed. It was only a dream. But it felt so real though, she thought. No. It was just a dream. Nothing but a dr- Jeri felt something long but small in width and rigid object in her hand. She sat up and looked down at her hand. In it was a beautiful red rose in full bloom. Jeri gasped trying to shake the feeling that what she thought was a dream actually happened. Jeri gripped the stem tightly and winced as a thorn pricked her flesh. She noticed she was holding the rose in her formerly wounded hand. She stared at her hand and wondering if the bandages fell off while she was sleeping. Jeri held the rose close to her heart and fell on her back thinking about the handsome man in the white suit. Jeri made a sound of frustration in the back of her throat when she heard a soft knock on her door. Before Jeri could ask who it was, the door cracked open. Out of the corner of her eye Jeri saw her mom poke her head past the door. “Hey sleepy head. Mind if I come in? I brought pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon.” Her mother gently said attempting to entice Jeri out of bed. Jeri groaned and sat up as her mother allowed herself in.
“What do you want Joanna?” Jeri growled. Her mother froze for a moment before setting the tray of food on Jeri’s lap. Joanna Silverstone wondered if her daughter was just acting out or going through a phase. “So we’re on a first name basis now huh?” her mother joked. Jeri didn’t even blink.
“Dad make excellent two different kinds of bacon,” Joanna went on, “you really should try-”
“I’m a vegetarian mom,” Jeri lied through clenched teeth. “And I’m allergic to chocolate.” Jeri angrily pushed the tray of food away. She enjoyed watching her mother’s joyful expression turn to grief and disappointment. Jeri held the red rose tighter against herself and laid back on her bed. Her head felt cloudy and she was breathing quickly.
“Jeri I’m sorry. I thought you-“
“No mom. You never think about me.” Jeri snapped. She could hear the anger in her own voice. “You think you know me so well don’t you? Stop trying to play good mom and stay out of my life.” Jeri stared at the ceiling waiting for her mom to leave. Once the door clicked shut Jeri jumped out of bed and slipped on her black and red converse sneakers. She snatched her olive and baby blue checkered fox head messenger back and shoved handfuls of clothes into every pocket. Jeri slid the bag under her bed and grabbed her cell phone from her pocket.
“Meet me in the alley on Drenton Avenue in front of Ravenor’s Alley in ten minutes.” Her text read. She hoped her best friend wasn’t asleep as she dashed downstairs. “I’m going out with Reno!” her voice ricochet throughout the house. She ignored her parents questioning her as she slipped on her bright red jacket and left.

BluBirdWriter13 said...
I LOVED IT! You should really do a sequel I would lovee it and I'm sure others will too.

BreatheInsanity replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 1:30 am :
Thank you! Working on a sequel right now :) Really hope you all like it.

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:54 am:
wow! I love the descriptive writing, and the dialogue is great (I Find that the hardest part) I agree with timekeeper, Jericho as a girl's name is super cool and creative! *****!

marchbutterfly said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm:
I've only red a few chapters but already I can tell your a great writer. Your characters are so well developed.

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your writing is very detailed, and I forgot I was reading after awhile. Also, Jerico's relationships with her parents and Reno were well crafted.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm definitely appreciating the longer, more fleshed out chapters compared to your earlier novel. I like the creativity of using Jerico as a girl's name, and I enjoyed the recurring red imagery. It was very thematic and it helped create a cohesive work.

Tinyclaw said...
Very good you are a really talented writer

PinkSkittlezInMahMouth said...
OMG i cant believe no one has commented on this!! great story!! keep writing!