The Devil's Rose

Author's note: I've always loved fantasy. It's my favorite genre and I wrote this in 45 mins. I hope everyone enjoys it!
Author's note: I've always loved fantasy. It's my favorite genre and I wrote this in 45 mins. I hope everyone enjoys it!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

Jeri's Dream

Fresh pallid powder fell from the sky and covered the Earth for as far as Jeri could see. Many large green pine trees towered over her and small blue jays nested within them. The woods were silent. Not even the birds or the wind made a sound. Although the wind was blowing and she was standing in the middle of the snowy woodlands, Jeri wasn’t cold. She was actually pretty warm. Jeri moved to remove her bright red jacket that had four large black buttons on it, but her arms were bare. She glanced down at herself and saw she was wearing a cherry red dress. The dress was strapless and sequined white at the hem on her chest. A large wan colored ribbon was wrapped around the stomach and tied in the back with a large colorless bow. Along with the gorgeous red gown, Jeri was also wearing black wedge knee-high boots. It’s all my taste, my color. Even my hair is done just the way I like it. Jeri smiled enjoying the tingle of the melting snowflakes on her skin. Jeri bunched up her dress in her hands, fearing she might ruin it, and walked through the woods. All the blue jays in the snow covered pine trees didn’t make a sound but seemed to watch her. She didn’t walk for long until she found a clearing up ahead. Jeri was a little puzzled when she got to the clearing. There was a perfect circle of green grass. As Jeri walked to the middle of the circle, she looked to the sky and noticed it was still snowing. She turned around to leave only to find the man in the white suit standing before her. Her heart was beating fast as the man opened his mouth to speak to her.
“Jerico it’s so nice to see you again.” Said the man as he slowly walked in circles around her.
“W-we’ve never met,” Jeri’s voice sounded unsteady in her ears.
“Oh Jeric. Sweet, sweet Jerico. Do you not remember me? I suppose I can understand. You were just a little girl the last time we were together. Now look at you,” The man grinned at her revealing his pearly white teeth, “all grown up.”
Jeri was afraid to speak. Maybe Reno was right. This guy has to be a stalker. “I’ve never met you before in my life.” Jeri blinked and when she opened her eyes the man was just inches away from her. She jumped as his hand met her arm. His soft hand moved gently up to her shoulder then to her chin. He lifted her head high enough so her gaze met his. Jeri stared deep into his precious golden eyes.
“Your eyes are more beautiful than emeralds,” his soothing voice whispered. A chill shot up Jeri’s spine.
“What do you want from me?” Jeri could feel her heart slow down. The man grabbed Jeri’s hand in his and placed it over his heart. “I want a reason for my heart to keep beating.” He smoothly stated. “Will you, Jerico Bree Silverstone, be that reason?” Jeri gasped and closed her eyes.

BluBirdWriter13 said...
I LOVED IT! You should really do a sequel I would lovee it and I'm sure others will too.

BreatheInsanity replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 1:30 am :
Thank you! Working on a sequel right now :) Really hope you all like it.

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:54 am:
wow! I love the descriptive writing, and the dialogue is great (I Find that the hardest part) I agree with timekeeper, Jericho as a girl's name is super cool and creative! *****!

marchbutterflyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm:
I've only red a few chapters but already I can tell your a great writer. Your characters are so well developed.

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your writing is very detailed, and I forgot I was reading after awhile. Also, Jerico's relationships with her parents and Reno were well crafted.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm definitely appreciating the longer, more fleshed out chapters compared to your earlier novel. I like the creativity of using Jerico as a girl's name, and I enjoyed the recurring red imagery. It was very thematic and it helped create a cohesive work.

Tinyclaw said...
Very good you are a really talented writer

PinkSkittlezInMahMouth said...
OMG i cant believe no one has commented on this!! great story!! keep writing!