Hidden Indentitys | Teen Ink

Hidden Indentitys

October 24, 2011
By jj9095 SILVER, Miami, Florida
More by this author
jj9095 SILVER, Miami, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It was the day back from fall beak, soon winter was coming; this year is going to be way colder that the past years so I bought more winter clothes. I was in the car with my dad, he was about to drop me off at Australian Boarding Senior High School (ABSHS). The car was an old Holden statesman from the seventies; i was surprised it even ran. I could have driven to school by myself but I left my Holden SS UTE from the eighties here on campus. My car was dark black, inside and out with tinted windows. I kept mine running by changing the motor each year.
The car screeched as it came to a complete stop near the front of the campus. Everyone stared at me while I turned pink, which was noticeable due to my pale skin. Great another year of torture, no friends no anything, all because I'm a stinking vampire and I have to get used to hanging around humans. At home i went to a public school but than when my parents noticed I didn't have any friends because I'm the only girl that lives on converse and Gothic clothing with fishnets. I thought of throwing myself on front of the car but that wouldn't help anything, considering that I'm immortal and all.
"Sky, promise me you'll be good." My dad said stopping my suicidal moment.
"Dad you know me better than to tell me that. I have to go, I'll miss you." I'm such a bad liar.
"You know exactly what I mean young lady." He looked straight at my eyes with his you-better-do-what-I-say-or-your-in-big-trouble look. I made my I'm-so-innocent-ill-never-do-anything look back and he chuckled, smiled, and drove away; the noise of the car leaving covered me running with my luggage to the dorm that was three blocks away. I didn't tell him that though.
I opened up my new dorm and it was similar to the one I had last year. I unpacked everything shoving as much as I can into the drawers.
My roommate wasn't there yet so I took advantage of the time to hang up some posters on her side of the room.
After that I got my keys and went to look for the only Holden in the parking lot. Luckily it was there, so I went back to my room, looked for my books, and headed to class. I still don't get why we have to go to class on the first day back from fall break, we do have to put all our luggage back, that sometimes takes a day.

I walked into Mrs. Reinso's class unnoticed. All the kids were talking, but who was I for anyone to pay any attention except to make fun of?
Mrs. Reinoso walked in the class room as class started. I didn't pay attention to the lesson since I knew everything there was about World History (since I was part of half of it).
"Schuyler, I'm talking to you. This is the third time I call your attention today, you have detention." Mrs. Reinoso (Or should I say Reinosourous) said.
I replied in a rude manner by mistake. "Oh, what, I'm sorry what is it you were saying?" I wasn't going to take it back though. I decided to bash my eyelashes to make me look supposedly innocent while it just makes her mad. I love making her angry.
"I said you have detention. Now pay attention to the lesson." I got her started.
"Way to go Dracula!" Ah. My nickname. I've actually missed that over the fall break. Jessy of course was the one to say it. My arch enemy.
Under my breath I keep saying its okay, even though I wanted to rip Jessys head apart (for the 134th time). Although I've missed the nickname, it doesn't mean I like it. I don't and that's why they do it. I play it okay. I'm not that bad at faking things but you could notice I'm lying most of the time.
The bell rang and I gathered my stuff and remembered I have detention. I dropped everything and put my head down.
Three kids entered the room, they too had detention. First day of school, first period, and there's detention for four kids. I felt awkward because I was the only girl in detention, but than again, it wasn't my first time. one of the boys had long blonde hair, the next had a light shade of orange hair and green eyes; yet the last one that came in the room caught my eye. I did the old two look see. That's when you look once and then you look again trying to see if you saw that right. Well, I'll tell you what I saw. He was a tall guy, I'm assuming seventeen. He has blond hair almost covering both black eyes. I thought they were contacts at first because their only a small amount of white along the edges of the eyes. He was wearing ripped clothing, that's what amazed me the most.
"This is detention-" Mrs. Reinoso started and I ignored.
"Like we don't know that. I think we figured out why we're sitting here in your class." the boy with the ripped clothing said and I had to giggle.
"Thank you for that disrespectful little comment Dylan" So thats his name. Dylan. It went straight with his body. How perfect. "Detention for you tomorrow too."
"You're welcome Mrs. Reinoso I guess I'll see you tomorrow, does that mean I could leave now?"
Wow. I've never seen a kid talk like that to her before. Usually they now what type of fire their playing with before they light it. The new kid is a punk in both ways. You don't see that around here much. But he probably fits in because hes blond.
"Did you say something Schuyler; detention for you tomorrow too." Mrs. Reinoso was getting red. Oh gosh. I guess either I was whispering without noticing it or she just hates me. I didn't bother telling her anything because I promised dad I would be good and it hasn't even been 6 hours yet (which was last years time) and I want to at least beat that.
"Great, come on people! Join the fun!" Dylan was staring at me, smiling. I looked at Mrs. Reinoso and she was as red as that fire goes.
"Thats it! I cant take it anymore! All of you leave! Dylan I expect to see you tomorrow. You too Schuyler!" I sighed but at least was happy I was leaving her room. Wow. That was fast though. I shrugged it off and went to the park to relax. I found a nice spot on the grass covering the sun, so I turned my I Pod on and closed my eyes. I few minutes past by and I felt a presence. I opened one eye and saw Dylan with his hands in his pockets and walking too me.
"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Dylan asked, I'm guessing to annoy me.
I answered back coldly not knowing why he was talking to me, "Leave me alone."
I guess you could say I'm not a people person- I'm barely even a person. I got my things and moved to a shadier spot. I forgot my I Pod where i was; I was going to pick it up but I saw Dyaln's long arm reaching for it.
He was so beautiful, wait, what was I just thinking? My blood was rushing through my body, I felt it, it was warm. Not how it was supposed to be. Something about him made me feel like... Like... I didn't know what I was, or where I was. I tried not to make it noticeable that I was staring at him like an idiot, that didn't work.
I was mad when I saw him walking towards me though. I didn't want anything to do with mortals unless they were my victims although I try not to drink them, but animals since I'm trying to keep a low profile. I noticed that he was American when he talked, which might make a good excuse to hate him; even though I love American boys.
I said to him, "Can you stop following me? Oh, your American I see. Well, unlike you I'm Australian so leave me alone." That was my way of getting rid of people. Well, that or ripping there throats out.
He answered back with a sting, "Oh, so shy kids got spunk. Well since you want me to leave you alone i guess you don't want your pretty little I Pod."
"Hey! Gimmie!" I tend to act like a kid sometimes.
I snatched it from his hand since something was telling me he wasn't playing around.
"Don't you have have anything better to do American good for nothing kid!" I flinched when i heard that come out my mouth but i stood my ground. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me so close that our bodies were touching. I hardly knew him but I liked it. He put his lips to my ear and whispered. "I'll see you tomorrow".
His everlasting touch let go of me as I fell to the ground in shock. I looked up and he was walking away his hands in his pockets.

Today, the first day of school, is no different than last year, a boring day in A.B.S (Australian Boarding School). I hate school and many people who are in it. I wish I could turn into a bat and fly away into the cold lonely night. I feel like sketching. My sketch book is just black journal with a rose taped to the cover. Still, this journal is my best friend, and my only friend at that.
We're almost done with this stupid class, thank gosh.
"Lisa would you like to say something to the class?" Mrs. Hernandez asked me.
"Nothing at all except..." Then I whispered to my self "I hate this school."
"What did you say at the end, I couldn't hear you very well Ms. Corrales."
"Nothing." I went back to sketching a dark cloud on top of an emo girl. I couldn't get the emo girl to look exactly how I wanted her too.
"Well than Lisa can you answer the QUESTION?" Mrs. Hernandez was starting to irritate me.
I was getting really mad, couldn't she be so gullible and think I was taking notes or something?
I took a few minutes to answer. I opened my mouth and a word was about to pop out I jumped out my chair when i heard a BANG that scared the life out of me. Everyone looked a the kid coming through in awe as the door flew open. A boy with an amazing body, strong arms, green eyes, black straight magnificent hair covering one light green eye, pale see through skin, black top that says Misfits on the chest that's a perfect size on him, black jeans with black converse, Gothic written all over him and not even the preps could take their eyes off him. Can anything be more perfect than him? Nah! But like to everyone I'm invisible, so stop dreaming!
"Oh! I forgot to mention to you students this is Alexander, he will be in our class for now on, he is from England and moved here yesterday." That's Mrs. Hernandez introduction to the class of Alexander to the class.
He's the new kid in our class! I hope nobody bothers him as much as they bother me with the Harker thing or any other names from Dracula; stupid kids.
Those girls better back off he's mine! Plus when have
Hollister wearing preps been interested in people wearing black clothing? They never even say a word to them, just stare with a face like they feel like puking; which i got used to.
"Good Morning." Alexander said it to class n my heart leaped.
"Lisa please raise your hand so Alexander can sit in the empty seat next you." My heart missed a few beats while I raised my hand very slowly while Alexander was looking straight at me with his beautiful green eyes glowing in the light. He was so gorgeous, we looked at each other until the teacher interrupted and asked Alexander to go sit down.
"Thank you miss." He said his eyes fixing back to mine. My heart missed a few more beats. In this rate I think ill have a heart attack.
He sat next to me and I tried not to look at his perfect pale wonderful face, I failed. Hes just too gorgeous, I had to look.
"No problem, just don't cause any interruptions like some of my other students and we will get long, understood?"
He wasn't looking at her, but still at me when he said "Yes."
Everyone was staring at us; I was shocked, mostly they wouldn't give a second glance to someone who wears dark clothing like we do. 'We' that sounds good.
All the girls we looking at me with insane jealousy. Jealousy! They mostly just looked at me to make jokes but this is a face I see on other peoples staring at there ex's new girlfriend I was sitting next to him, and not those stuck up rich girls. The other guys tried to get the girls attention but it just didn't work.
I didn't pay attention to the rest of the class. This time Mrs. Hernandez actually thought I was taking notes when I was actually doodling Alexanders name in hearts. I started to blush after i finished the page.
"Alright class dismissed."
I didn't want to miss him so I picked up all my stuff as fast as a mortal like me can go. Then they fell; just my luck.
"Need help?" Alexander. Alexander said those words.
Before I could answer he picked up my sketching book and it opened. I got up so fast and snatched it form his hands.
"Sorry that's... personal." That's the best I could do! Whats wrong with me!
He probably already saw his name inside hearts n thought how stupid.
"Oh sorry i didn't mean for it to open like that-"
"No problem" I said clearly lying and interrupting him.
Even thought I loved that he was standing next to me that made it a little better.
Alexander smiled as if he heard that.
"Alexander..." he said as he took his hand out from his black jeans.
I stared at his hand for awhile wondering what he was doing, i felt like an idiot. I shook his strong and secure aim while a jolt went through my arm, down my spine, and down to my toes.
"Lisa..."
I hadn't stopped looking at his hand which led me to forget to let go. I blushed as he stopped shaking it which made me realize.
"Well will you mind helping me find my next period?"
"Sure, but first lets step out of this classroom."
"Right..." He made this wonderful sound that sounded like a song. It was him laughing though. I actually made him laugh. That was weird. I mostly made people barf.
"Okay, let me see you schedule."
I thought of a master plan, what if I mesmerized his schedule by heart and 'by mistake' bump into him in the hallway or something later...
As I carefully took mental pictures in my head of the paper i realized we had next period together.
"Oh well we have next period together so just follow." I tried not to go flying like the commercial of air heads and stay a calm as possible.
He was walking behind me like some sort of lost puppy.

I kind of liked having him by my side. he kept looking at me and when I would look up he would smile. To break him from his trance I asked "Were almost there, do you want to sit next to me in this period or would you like to sit on the other side of the classroom?"
He answered casually and did snap out of it. "um... which ever side has an empty seat."
"Well... This teacher will let you pick so pick which ever you want."
I felt a little uncomfortable but tried not to show it. We were walking in the class when Jessy screams out "Hey look its Harker! Dracula's assistant!"
Everyone laughed and I just stood there in embarrassment since he found out one of my secrets. No I'm not really Dracula's assistant. That's just my nickname around here and they don't mean it as a good thing.
"That's no way to treat a girl! You have no right to treat anyone like that! Everyone here is different! Now leave her alone before your head gets detached from the rest of your body!"
I got goose bumps. Everyone in the class was looking. Even the emo kid Peter looked up and looked in awe. Know one. REPEAT. Know one stood up like that to Jessy. I thought of the words again and blushed. He said that for me! He was defending ME! He stood up for ME! I showed him the way to his seat and mine, when we sat down I told him, "Thanks, Ive wanted to say that for ages."
Everyone turned away from from us with disbelief and anger. When our teacher walked into the classroom everyone was quiet and waiting. She looked surprised.

After class we were having a discussion of either Ham or Turkey was better. We were off to lunch, we both also had first lunch.
"Turkey is from an actual Turkey."
"Well ham is from a pig."
"Why do you think in Thanksgiving people eat a Turkey and Turkey." We were actually having a discussion about this. I had to laugh. "This is not a laughing moment." Alexander was trying to be serious but his eyes showed all fun and games in it. I laughed some more and later he joined.
We got in the line for food. I realized I really wasn't hungry and he did too so we were trying to get off. Before we out I saw a ham sandwich.
"See! Ham is more often served with sandwiches. More people like it better. In other words HAM IS BETTER!" We started laughing.
"Want to go to the park? Go out side for awhile and get some fresh air?"
"Sure! ... i mean sure if you admit ham is better." We walked in silence. It was a good silence. One that didn't feel weird. It mostly took years to get like this with people. Not to mind the silence.
"So..." and there went the silence. I looked up at him, waiting to hear more. Nothing came out so I ended up with a short
"yup..." Forgetting the ham and turkey fight for now.
"A lovely day right?"
"Yup, today is very nice but a little too hot."
"Since you think its to hot would you like to sit down in the shade?"
"Um... Wherever is fine with me."
He grabbed me by the hand (I REPEAT, THE HAND) and guided me under a tree which had many big bushes which could be a good place for hiding.
"Is this a good spot?" Alexanders voice was soothing.
Around him my mind melted and I couldn't think right. "Perfect! I live for going anywhere people could barely find me or at least see me. I like being alone a lot. But of course I don't mind you being here." I blinked a few times thinking of what i said. Am i on crack? Why would I say something so stupid? I tried to recover. "By the way. Thanks back there again no one has ever done that before for me..."
I was staring at him making a smile go on my face. He looked down at me and smiled back.
"No problem."
"Why'd you do it?" I bit my lip and couldn't believe I just said that! I felt blood on my lip. I broke the skin of my lower lip.
His smile got wider so I felt a little better. "That's happened to me in other school i went too. The one i was in before this one did it and I hated it and I knew you didn't like it so I stood up for you." I was trying to control my cheeks but they kept getting redder. I felt like I had two little tomatoes on my cheeks.
We talked a little more about our likes and dislikes. Also a little more of ham or turkey being better. I won. Of course, Ham being the best. We were a lot alike. I was happy to have a friend.
This girl came around and noticed us. "Ow, I'm sorry..." She started walking away. She wasn't one of those Hollister girls and she didn't look like a b**** and weared also my kind of clothing (very rare) so I got up and looked to see where she went to tell her she could sit with us but she wasn't in plain sight. I sat back down and frowned.
"what wrong?" Alexander asked with a very sweet voice sounding like he actually cared.
I didn't answer but he just kept staring at me with concern written all over his face. I opened my mouth to say something hoping something stupid wont come out but I stopped and go up again when the bell started ringing. Time to go to the next class. "I'll show you the way to your next class."
He got up, got his book bag and got me mine. "Don't worry about it, ill find it." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked away(REPEAT! KISS ON CHEEK!). I felt my whole face turn tomato red. That was the only thing that stopped me from going after him for a few seconds. But that was enough for him to be out of my sight and for me not being able to catch up. I shrugged it off and tried to be happy. Out of my 16 years of living this must be the best day of my life, besides the time my parents said I could have my own room instead of sharing with my two little evil twin brothers. I saw him watching the wrong way and chuckled.
"Your going the wrong way!" I pointed east while he was going west. He looked at me tried not to smile but saw a tiny smile i smiled back and he nodded. I was on my way to my dorm. Forget class.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.