Bloodlust

Author's note: The inspiration for this book came from a mixture of two things: one too many vampire novels, and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: The inspiration for this book came from a mixture of two things: one too many vampire novels, and my ever-existent passion for writing.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

Prologue, or The Beginning.

You know, life is funny. One minute, we're walking along, not a care in the world, just talking with your brother, then the next, you step off a curb and get hit by a New York transit bus. Then everyone starts freaking out, yelling for someone to call 911...and then you step out from under the bus, not a scratch on you. Then, all hell breaks loose as you try to explain how you managed not to die, and everyone is looking at you like you’re the freak-of-the-week.
Welcome to a Night Walker's
Ok, so this is not actually chapter 1, it is the prologue, but as it does not have a place for a prologue, the chapters will be one ahead. So bear with me.
life.
My brother and I have lived life as if we could die any day (which is totally possible, trust me.) and yet all this bad juju manages to find its way to us. What. The. Hell. I don't get it. First, 60% of our family is murdered, then all of these other problems pop up, and we still can't get a break? Well, I guess that's just the way of life. What a rip off.
Anyway, I guess I should get started with my story. So, without further ado, I present to you (ha ha, that rhymed!) the story of my life, well, part of it anyway.
Mickey Ferrara

P.S. By the way, for your sake, I'll start out easy before I get to the really gory stuff.