psyche | Teen Ink

psyche

October 14, 2011
By dusty8ball, uhrichsville, Ohio
dusty8ball, Uhrichsville, Ohio
0 articles 5 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Colonel Mustang's dead sexy...............in a miniskirt!


Summary:

the story revolves around a boy who discovers he and his siblings are Keepers of the Mind,people who created life in the beginning of time. but a very mystyrious dream has found its way into him. will this become true? is this the future? read more to find out.


dusty8ball

psyche


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 10 comments.


on May. 31 2012 at 8:36 pm
Eliahumandoglover SILVER, San Francisco, California
5 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream." --Mark Twain "Being tactful is saying someone is open-minded when they have a hole in their head."by???

You never say. Who is Lance?

dusty8ball said...
on Nov. 10 2011 at 1:24 pm
dusty8ball, Uhrichsville, Ohio
0 articles 5 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Colonel Mustang's dead sexy...............in a miniskirt!

no its not finished im still working on it and THANK YOU! im glad you liked it. theres still some bugs i need to fix.

on Nov. 10 2011 at 10:10 am
Eliahumandoglover SILVER, San Francisco, California
5 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream." --Mark Twain "Being tactful is saying someone is open-minded when they have a hole in their head."by???

Is this the end of the story? It's so good are you going to write more? Such a great plot!

dusty8ball said...
on Nov. 2 2011 at 6:50 am
dusty8ball, Uhrichsville, Ohio
0 articles 5 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Colonel Mustang's dead sexy...............in a miniskirt!

well thank you for that. i will try to fix that later. any other help on upcoming chapters is greatly appreiciated!

on Nov. 1 2011 at 2:51 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
12 articles 10 photos 1646 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Okay, I have a bit of criticism.

1.  You need to paragraph more often.  This is a style thing, but it really makes it easier to read.  You might also want to vary your sentence length a bit more, so it doesn’t read like a Ford Model T trying to start on a cold morning.  Short sentences have greater impact when they are in the midst of longer sentences.

2.  Okay, you might want to tone down the description.  It seems like you’re telling the reader things that aren’t really relevant yet.  Readers don’t need to know every single thing about your main character’s life.

3.  Try reading your dialogue aloud.  It doesn’t really sound like how real people speak (although it’s better than a lot of the dialogue on here).  Try writing dialogue the way you or people around you speak.  It makes it seem more realistic.

4.  When you have an ellipsis, you only need three periods.  People will get the point and adding more periods looks unprofessional.

5.  Work on your grammar, please.  Most of it is fine, but you need to learn how to differentiate between you’re and your as well as some other things.

6.  “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…………………………………….”  You really don’t need that ‘no’ to be so long.  Readers will get the idea if you have just a few o’s and only three periods.

7.  You also might want to cut down on the profanity.  It’s more effective when used sparingly, rather than casually.  Too much profanity may also offend some of your readers, which is never good.


on Oct. 26 2011 at 10:01 am
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
12 articles 0 photos 99 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"








~Anonymous

Yeah, totally! Just keep working on it, and trying to improve it. :)

dusty8ball said...
on Oct. 26 2011 at 9:55 am
dusty8ball, Uhrichsville, Ohio
0 articles 5 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Colonel Mustang's dead sexy...............in a miniskirt!

hey thanks for the imput! u really think i have a shot of getting this published if i clean it up?

on Oct. 26 2011 at 7:53 am
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
12 articles 0 photos 99 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"








~Anonymous

I also really liked the storyline of this novel, and I think it'll go places on teenink, just a few minor details that need to be adresses. First off, in your first three chapters you don't start a new paragraph for quotation marks, but in the fourth one you do. I just wanted to note that, and am glad you charnged it in the fourth. Also, in the first three chapters you did loose me a little, but it kind of came together again in the last chapter you posted (4th). Lastly, the cursing. I mean I am all for cursing because it makes a novel more realistic but try to avoid sentences like "Holy Sh**!!" I shouted. He scared me sh**less. That to me is overdoing it a little bit, making it sound more like a double negative (weird/wrong sounding) and less realistic. But anyways great storyline! The 4th chapter was really amusing to me. Hope to hear more from you. :)  

dusty8ball said...
on Oct. 25 2011 at 6:59 am
dusty8ball, Uhrichsville, Ohio
0 articles 5 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Colonel Mustang's dead sexy...............in a miniskirt!

why thank you RayBay. i need to fix it like you said. you know with my first novel, there will be kinks. ill try to fix those and what made u lost. thanks for ur imput

on Oct. 24 2011 at 11:09 pm
RayBaytheDinosaur GOLD, Hampton, South Carolina
18 articles 17 photos 159 comments

Favorite Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The storyline sounds really intresting but there were a few little things that could've made it better, for one thing, TeenInk doesn't specify this very well so alot of people do this on their first novel but you kinda have to put an extra enter between each paragraph to keep them well seperated, it makes it a much easier read, also there were a couple puntuation problems but that can be easily fixed by a proofreader, and finally, it was a little confusing and lost me a few times, so you may wanna try to clear up some parts but if it was meant to be that way, great job xD lols other than those things, the storyline sounds really cool and its an awesome unique idea =)