Brimstone | Teen Ink

Brimstone

October 9, 2011
By TheForgottenMuse BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon
TheForgottenMuse BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary:

Kassandra Williams doesn't exactly have an ordinary life. After her mother was murdered by demons escaped from a summoning circle, she left her old life behind to live as a demon slayer on the fringes of society. Her only family are the four other teenagers she lives and works alongside, each with their own private, painful pasts: her best friend, charismatic and friendly Drake; beautiful, suspicious Jolene; quiet, unassuming Trent, who just happens to be a mechanical genius; and silent Lucas, whose dark clothes and collection of vintage guns ward off anyone who tries to get too close.

When Kassandra is kidnapped by government agents, she expects to be shipped straight to the front lines. After all, America is in chaos, New York was burned to the ground a year ago, and the military is relentlessly searching for trained slayers to fill its ranks. The last place she expects to end up in is a demonic research facility, where an enigmatic politician named Jeremy Kain promises to let her go – for a price.

In order to free herself and be reunited with the only family she has left, Kassandra is going to have to face the truth of what it means to be a slayer and a human being. In the post-apocalyptic United States, nothing is what it seems anymore. It's up to Kassandra to separate the truth from the lies – and the people from the demons.


Hana L.

Brimstone


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.