Rising

Author's note: I've truly become friends with my characters. The Divinity series consists of three books, and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I've truly become friends with my characters. The Divinity series consists of three books, and this is the first. Please comment and rate this article, or I won't post the next ones. Thanks, guys!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »

Damien

I stood on the roof of my three story house, looking out over the land. I was amazed, as always, by how beautiful it was, the green, rolling hills accented by the perfectly blue sky, lazy clouds drifting with the wind slowly, enjoying the scene like I was.
It was times like this that I loved. Times like this where I truly forgot everything- that I had two immature siblings to take care of, the fact that we were all Angels, the fact that Mom and Dad had abandoned us here so many years ago.
The fact that I had wings.
I spread them out slowly, the thin feathers ruffling slightly in the wind. I’d cut holes in all out shirts so we could extend our fifth and sixth limbs whenever we felt the need. I stood up slowly, then, taking a deep breath, beat them up and down, taking to the air.
There’s nothing quite like flying. It’s almost like a roller coaster, which you control. You can dive and dip and coast on the thermals like an abnormally large, ugly bird. It’s funny watching the birds as they spectate me, their heads cocked to one side, thinking, God, what kind of bird is that thing?
“Caw caw!” I screeched, acting like a total idiot, flying in circles above my house, pretending to be a bird. Of course, most humans just extend their arms and run in circles on the ground when they pretend to be birds, so I supposed mine was way more realistic.
Then I heard shouting in the house below me. “Hasta la vista!” I shouted, and dove down toward the ground.
Oh, Jonny…
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »