Ancient Power

Author's note: Timmy is very serious about his name because it represents him. As am I. Timmy has been a great...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Timmy is very serious about his name because it represents him. As am I. Timmy has been a great way to illustrate my point. Names mean a lot to me and I only wanted to be referred to as who I am.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

The tube of Mystery

“C’mere Timmy,” she rasped. “Take this.”

I held out my hand. I felt her place a cold, glass tube in my palm.

“Thanks, Gram .What is it?”

“The thing that saved the world… but killed me in the process.”

“I don’t want something that killed you.”

“It didn’t kill me. It made me a powerful source of good so evil wanted me dead. Take it Timmy. Just one last favor before I die?”

“What do I do with it?”
“I don’t know,” she answered and then her eyelids drooped. “I’m old. I don’t remember.” Gram struggled to speak. “Charles,” she said, “tell him for me. Show him the Power. When the time is right.”
Then a teen swirled in from the up heaved darkness of my memory.
“It will be an honor to be his Messenger.”
With tears streaming down my face, stinging my eyes, I didn’t think to ponder further about who Charles was.
But then she smiled and it fills my heart with happiness that she died smiling peacefully. She fell asleep… and slept forever.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Eliahumandoglover said...
Please comment. It really helps. Constructive criticism is good. It makes me feel appreciated when people comment on my work.

Gr8man replied...
The story's premise is interesting, but what I think most needs improvement is the dialogue and writing style (it doesn't always flow smoothly). Other than that an interesting read! please check out my story as i'm hard pressed for constructive comments myself :)