Lavender Ice | Teen Ink

Lavender Ice

By AlexiaRenee BRONZE, None of your buisness, Nebraska
AlexiaRenee BRONZE, None Of Your Buisness, Nebraska

"After every storm comes a rainbow."

Author's note: This story came along after watching Star Trek. Yes, I am a Treky, but A thought came to my mind. What if there was a planet that wasn't as advanced as the planets were in Star Trek. That is where this story came in.

My arm brushed against the white trees as my feet crunched below me in the thin snow of late spring. The far sun was slowly melting my sweet late spring snow, and my lavender hair was blowing in the breeze.

"Aiyana!" my Mother's voice rang from her magnificent Carriage. "We have dinner tonight with the noble men Deary! We must hurry." my Mother's pale face appeared out of the small door of the carriage. Her short white hair accented by a slight tint of lavender that complimented her high cheek bones. People always said I looked like my mother, but I tended to disagree.

"Coming!" I called out as I lifted my dress from the near ground so I would not step on it. I ran to the carriage as my golden gown flew around me. I stepped in to the carriage with my mother as she began scolding my appearance.

"Aiyana! Why your hair, it is a mess and you have a cut! You are in no shape to appear in front of noble men! And your husband to be!" she scoffed at me as she smoothed my straight lavender hair. My body was in shock from the surprise she had just given me.

"A husband? Already?" my voice was shaky in concern. My father had only sent out his men days ago to find a suitable man for me. And by suitable, I mean a man with a fair amount of the royal lavender shade in their hair.

"Why of course, dear!" she spoke softly. "He is quite a charmer! I cannot wait for you to meet him!" my mind was reeling from this news.

"Are you sure he is right mother?" I said. "They searched our entire planet?" I thought of many guys with the qualifications my great great great great grandfather had set on this planet. That only the royal family could have the deepest shade of lavender hair, and we were to marry accordingly. I thought the law was silly and outdated as were other laws.

"Yes, of course!" she stated happily. "I'm sure your father's men picked well!" her hand grabbed onto my shoulder in that caring way a mother has. But her touch did not comfort the anxiety they lay deep in my stomach. I did not want to marry this man. No matter whom he was...

Note- I write most of these on my iPod

The carriage driver's handled me up the white stairs made of partanium, a stone found only here in Aya, outside of my home.

As I pushed open the grand doors of the palace, I was greeted by a number of guards protecting the door. Each was carrying a large gun filled with acid-Genecy, a poisoness substance. So poisoness, in fact, a small leak could mean certain death. The larger Foyer had two free standing staircases winding up to my bedroom and other rooms throughout the house.

Of course what else would you expect from a palace? Especially the king’s palace, the place my family had lived for hundreds of years. Before even the idiotic laws of our land were set.

My mother led me up the left staircase and into my room. I truly hated the way my mother was so over bearing. Her goal in life has and always will be to make me look beautiful, and find me a man suitable for marriage.

Upon reaching my room appeared two women whom stood with my leslette, an Ayan form of "Corsets" from earth, and a soft pink and gold encrusted gown. These were of course for me to wear tonight to impress the noble men and my arranged husband. My head spun at the thought of the leslette around my stomach, boy were those things painful.

"Mother?" I spoke quietly and respectfully as any young princess should. "Why must I wear such an over done gown." I looked worrisome toward it. I had never like fancy gowns; I had always preferred my day to day ones. Although I did have to admit this gown was beautiful.

Of course I knew the answer before she even replied. "No, Aiyana!" she scolded me. "You know that this is an important event. Now let’s get your leslette on alright?"

A sigh escaped my pale lips as I replied, "Yes Mother."

After hours of primping, priming, pinning, tightening and beautifying I was done. I was now my mother's masterpiece. Now looking in the mirror, I could not believe whom I was staring at.

My lavender hair laid gently against my shoulders as it was recently curled, and pinned out of my face. My porcelain complexion looked stunning against the sleeveless gown, and the pearls around my neck gleamed of elegance. I looked like a true princess. The only thing missing was the crown. Speaking of the devil, my father's best man walked into the room. Carrying the white and gold wooden antique box my family had passed down for generations.

"Princess Aiyana Marie Lynnette Joslin Aventa Ivory Celeste Kansly." He said humbly giving me a small bow as I gave a quick curtsey in return. I really hated when people used my full name. Of course by culture it was long with the names of my ancestors included.

"Sir Heagan" I nodded acknowledging him by name. He smiled pleased; normally he would just be called "Sir" or "Servant." While, unlike most, I preferred to learn each person's name. My mother always said this was why I would be a just queen. Of course we all know that would never happen. Not with my brother alive.

"Your crown," he bowed getting on one knee again and opening to box. Inside was a golden tiara, lined with elegant gemstones of our planet. A color for every generation, a stone for each. I placed the crown on my head basking in its glory.

The first stone was large and dead center; it was the largest stone on the crown. Originally placed for Celeste, the original princess. From there came her daughter Ivory, whose stone is only slightly smaller and as clear as ice to the right of the center stone. From Ivory came Aventa, to the left of the center gemstone. The color of her stone was a soft blue, the color that's said to be of earth's sky. After Aventa each stone continued going right then to the left of one another slightly getting smaller each time. After Aventa was Joslin, a deep green. Lynnette, a dominate orange. Marie, a fiery red, and finally me, a deep black.

Each stone was said to mean something about each princess. It had been planned out by my Great great great great grandfather's prophet, Tatinen, up until the seventh princess. Me. I still did not quite understand why Tatinen, the prophet, had chosen that color for me. But it did not matter. I was the seventh princess of Aya and I was here to stay. No matter what.

"Princess," My nurse called for me. I was adjusting my outfit one final time in attempts to breathe. But the leslette stuck to my body like glue, it was hopeless. "Your husband to be and the noble men are here." she said respectfully. "Your mother had called for you to come down."

I nodded towards my nurse, "Of course. Thank you nurse Vienna." I made my way across my bedroom. My canopy bed lay directly across from my extensive closet, and golden mirror. My walls were peach and my furniture was gold and red. My mother had always said they were royal colors. I reached my hands onto the golden doorknob of the French doors swinging them gently open.

I stood at the top of the winding stair case carefully making my way down. Taking each step slowly, as assurance I would not trip. My eyes followed the stairs down to their base. A man wearing black shoes stood there. My eyes floated up his toned body dressed in a black striped suit. His skin was a pale milky white and his face seemed to be deep in thought as he watched the ground.

Slowly his beautiful round face lifted up, pouring his lavender eyes into my soul. His eyes matched his hair, a perfect shade of lavender cut short to his head. A smile appeared across his lips as he held out a hand for me to take. What a gentlemen.

As I reached the base I preformed a proper curtsy to this man I was to be married to. I did not know his name, or a thing about him, yet I already had a strange feeling of anticipation. The Anticipation for our future together. But I shook my head and cleared my thoughts as he led me to our dining room, where our horrendous dinner could commence.

"Princess Aiyana," he whispered in my ear seductively as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled out the chair. "Take a seat." a smug, almost scary, smile crossed his beautiful face.

I took a seat obediently, as I sat my hands into my lap. Around the table was my family. My mother and father sat at the head of the table. As it was the rightful place for a queen and a king. There was of course, Aunt Marie, with her spit fire personality. My grandmother Lynnette, with her demanding ways. My ancient great- grandmother Joslin, her hair was long and white, lined with a slight purple tint. And of course Mr. Handsome whom sat across from me. Yet, someone was missing I just couldn't place it. I glanced around the table one more time as a steaming, nitro- arrow zoomed past my face and stabbing the table. That was all it took for me to realize who was missing.

My brother's tan muscular arm reached in through the window. Even now, at seventeen, he was still quite immature. He was always going around kissing girls, using them, and acting as if he was so heroic. He said he was like an old fictional earth character named Tarzan, only much more handsome. Of course he would know being one of the few people to have ever step off planet from Aya.

"Yaya!" he said, using the name I was called as a child. "I did not hit you right?" his large left hand reached toward the table pulling out the Arrow and inspecting my arm.

"Aiyana." I glared "My name is AIYANA! And I'm fine, why are you such a child brother?" I said asking him returning that sweet princess smile I normally had cemented to my face. I hated having to act perfect; being a princess was the worst.

"I'm not," he stated "I'm Asher the Great! I'm the strongest prince in all the land. And one day I will be King, Yaya! One day I will rule over you!" a demonic smile was across his face as he spoke. He was an arrogant bästärd, what could I say?

"Whatever," I sighed releasing my inner teenager. Sometimes my brother acted as if he was the younger one, as I was only fifteen. I felt my Mother's eye's beam holes through my body and my brother's, warning us not to fight. No such thing would be tolerated in front of company. I sat back up in a princess stance and began to eat. Soon, small chit chat crossed upon the strange guy my father's men had found. I felt slightly guilty for him, being in such a situation, but he had agreed. Although, who wouldn't pass up our riches?

"So, Berkley," my mother said talking to our guest. I guess his name was Berkley, not bad, not bad at all. "What do you like to do for fun?" her words sounded so formal in such an Informal question.

"Well, I love to practice Combat and hunt," he said glancing at me for my approval. I looked at him quizitively, trying to find his angle.

"That sounds like a lot of fun!" my aunt nodded.

"Asher and The King both love to hunt also. Maybe you all could go on a hunting trip one day!" my mother's hands clapped together in excitement. She loved this boy, how joyous for me.

"Aiyana," he looked toward me giving me those dangerous eyes that made me melt. "What do you like to do for fun?"

"Ride horses, go on walks in the ice of our planet, and read." I said, my arms were crossed over my chest, and I was slumped down in my chair. Sure, he was charming, but he was a jerk with an angle. If I could only find that angle.

Soon, we were done eating and everyone at the table was laughing and having fun with Berkley. Not me though, I was still pouting in my chair in the most un-lady like position. I was bothered, I could not figure out his angle.

"Aiyana," my father said his voice booming making the table go quite. I glanced toward the end of the table where he sat. His plump body sat there his arms on the table, his red and gold outfit shimmered in the electric light, and his fraying purple beard quivered when he spoke.

"Yes, Father?" I asked, I knew what he was about to say and I was afraid.

"Aiyana, my beautiful daughter, you will be married to Berkley Nivia. You will be married on the summer's eve, our warmest day on our blessed ice planet." his face was quite serious as silence filled the room. I was not sure what to say to this. At only fifteen, I felt too young to marry. But I could not tell my father this as he was the king and his decision was final.

just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

I really love your story ! Please write more soon, I want to know what Berkley's angle is ! And I agree with Immortal1290 and CarrieAnn13, your dialogues need some work but other why's the plot it great.

Could you please check out my book, The Forgotten ? Thanks :) 

potatohead said...
potatohead, Kentucky, Louisiana
This plot idea is very creative; you definitely put a spin on the cliche. Also, I liked the setting and the characters. A little more description would improve the story; I really want to know more about the planet. Also, you might want to rework the dialogue because it IS just a little bit stiff.

"After every storm comes a rainbow."

Okay! Thanks for the advice Ill use it!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Okay, this is a good start to your novel, but I have some criticisms:

1.  This is kind of cliched.  A princess must unwillingly wed a man much older than her.  I've definitely heard that before.

2.  Work on your dialogue.  Even for royals, it's a bit stiff.

3.  You could add a bit more description; the world your story is set in sounds interesting.  I'd like to read more about it!