Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Shaya's Story

Shaya's Story

Ashley T.
Shaya's Story
Summary: Fifteen year old Shaya Willow has just arrived to her first foster home in Chicago. With nine new siblings and a whole summer break ahead of her, she's ready for anything; except the strange accidents that follow her everywhere she goes. Is it coincidence or is someone out to get her? Was her family's death not an accident — a truth far more devastating than being on someone's black list. Can she stay alive long enough to figure it all out?

This book has 29 comments. Post your own now!

Hope said...
Why have you writen just one chapter? it is  a such an aditicting story. i would really love to read more of it Pleas Please Please write more! Can't wait! Regards, Hope.

Writer_Jordan said...
I like it! Not a huge fan of first person POV, but the way you wrote it is very clean and descriptive. I like how you describe your characters more with actions than physical descriptions. I think I'll stick with this...can't wait to read more!

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Thank you! Funny you mention that, because I just decided to try writing it in third. I think it'll fit the story better. Thanks so much for the comment!

MonicaSkittlesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I LOVE THIS WHY IS THERE NO WHERE TO RATE IT IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!

MonicaSkittlesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
oh there's the rating place duh :P silly me! :)

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Thanks Monica! (:

. said...
Wow, amazing work! I'm hooked on it on, great job!

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Thank you! (:

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
THIS ROCKED! GREAT JOB! Do you think you could check out one of my novels. I need more comments and feedback! Thanks! and keep writing! :)(:

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Thank you! I'd love to check out your work.

DaylightDarkness said...
Wow... Okay, I'm officially hooked, this is really amazing. I already feel liek i know some of the characters a little, which is absolutely flabbergasting aftetr only 1 chapter. This is really cool, I hope you'll post more!

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:52 am
Thanks daylight! I'll let you know when I put more up (:

mus5501 said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 9:51 am
this story is soooooo awesome

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:53 am
Thank you! Was there anything in particular you really liked?

nikiterzz said...
This book is coming along really well! You're developing a great story here :) I'll definitely be checking back for more, but it looks like you're on your way to an incredible plotline 

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:55 am
The plotline is actually what's keeping me from writing more. The characters come easily to me, but creating a believable plotline is going to be tough if I keep with the direction I'm headed.

AGirlWithAStoryToTell said...
I love this!!!!! I don't even really have the words to tell you how much i love it!!! This is definitly going on my favorites!!! I can definitly relate to Shay even after just the first chapter you are doing a amazing job!!

Ashley_Tucker replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 8:57 am
Thanks so much! I'm glad to hear people can relate to the characters. Shay is pretty awesome (:

Ashley_Tucker said...
THANK YOU EVERYONE! You've all gotten me from 218 to 22 place in the matter of one week! I'm getting together the next chapter as fast as I can, but I want it to be perfect, before I post it. Oh and I can't change the title, but the actual title is now THE TRIGGER. Thank you all so much!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2011 at 3:52 am
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I don't know what specifically drew me in--the story, the voice, the characters... But it was all perfect. I think I caught only one mistake (where you wrote your instead of you're) but that's it. Your writing flows, and it's clean, which is a good thing, because grammar mistakes and punctuation errors often distract me when I'm reading. But ahhh!!! I really like this. I hope your writer's block goes away. (I have one too, at the moment) I can't wait to re... (more »)