The Lost Best Friend | Teen Ink

The Lost Best Friend

By Shadowkisses12 BRONZE, Venus, Texas
Shadowkisses12 BRONZE, Venus, Texas

Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.

Author's note: Well i was watching a t.v. show about a rape victI'm and decided wow! I'm going to do a story! so i kinda based it off it but changed a load of it. A girl going through struggles and has to learn how to open her heart and trust people again. I want people to get that everyone goes through something, but you always have someone to trust to tell them how you feel, don't hold it in or that could end bad.

Well i know its not that good of a chapter but thats what im working on to be a better writer lol, oh! and the cussing kinda was the right moment to put it in there cuz it was the right moment sorry but i dont really cuss in my life, so dont hate me haha.

(TIANNA"S POV) Hi I am Tianna Balderas, and this is my story... I have no dad, not the way I see it anyway my dad is in jail for man slaughter, I am glad he's locked up because he can't hurt me and my family anymore. It all happened 6 years ago, I was 11 years at the time, it was one stormy day in September. *FlashBack* I walked out the double doors of my school I looked around for my sister, Leah, but she wasn't there. I scanned the lot of cars trying to spot her out. Nothing, my heart sped up as I looked once again. Where is she? Why wasn't she here? All these thought were going through my head as time flew by and there was no sign of her, so I decided to walk home. I ran down the steps. Leah was supposed to pick me up and then we were going to go to our favorite spot, the garden in our backyard to have a picnic. I looked up into the sky as I ran faster. The sky was cloudy and gray, I looked down as a drop of rain hit my face, maybe that's why she couldn't come I thought as a ran faster until my house came into view. I went into the house and looked around. "Leah" I asked my heart pounding, no answer. "Leah?!" I called again my voice rising, no answer. I heard movement upstairs and then I heard a blood curling scream that chilled me to my core; I took the stairs two at a time. I ran to Leah's room and threw the door open, I froze, my dad was on top of my sister, both of their clothes were on the floor, everything was destroyed. The dresser was on the floor, the drawers open like someone put up a fight. My dad looked at me in shock and then it quickly melted into a smile that will haunt me forever. No smile could chill me to the core as much as his. I looked at Leah, my face full of horror, she looked back at me, her face pale white and her cheeks were tearstained and her eyes were darker that usual. She smiled a weak smile "Don't blame him for this, this isn't anyone's fault, look at me Tianna," Leah's voice became a whisper as she looked at me. "Leah I-"I started to say "No stop, I just want you to remember one thing, I love you and no matter what happens I'll always be with you, every time you look in the sky an see the stars or see the sun shining down on you that'll be me reminding you that I love you" Leah said still looking at me. "SHUT THE F*** UP!!" my dad said while pressing his hand against her throat, cutting her airways. "NO! STOP!" I yelled as the tears poured down my face as I watched in horror as he pulled out a switch blade and cut her throat, my heart sped, my eyes blurred and I felt my ears ringing. Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion. The blood poured from her throat to her shirt. I spun on my heels and threw the door closed; I flew down the stairs and out the front door. I ran to the nearest house, which happens to be my best friend's Aaron, we've been friends since kindergarten, and I banged on the door. Aaron opened the door and my heart sped when I saw his beautiful blue eyes that had a little bit of every color of the rainbow, I always thought there was something different about him. "Hey tian-", he was about to say, but got cut off when his mom came to the door and saw my tearstained face. "What's wrong sweetie" she said. "C-Call the p-police" I said and she nodded her head and turned to call the police. Aaron came over and hugged me he new that I didn't fell like talking so he kept quiet. That was the day that everything went down hill after that, it was never the same again. That was the day I left Aaron my only best friend I ever had and I never saw him again. *THE END!!!! It is sad right now but, it will get better so please don't turn it down!!!!!!*

(TIANNA'S)

High school, the worst place ever, there is stuck up jocks, slutty preps, and those Goth freaks that worship Satan. Aaron, the last time I saw him was 6 years ago when I was 11 years old. The night I watched in horror as my sister was murdered in cold blood by my dad's hands. I shuddered at the thought trying to push it away. I missed Aaron; it's never been the same. It's like a part of me is missing and I need him to make it whole again. I can still remember his face the day I left, the way he looked at me, that smile, I knew he was faking it as the car drove away. My heart ached every time I thought of him. I took deep breaths, pushing the thought of him away. When I left California I was put in a foster home because my mom was a drug addict. They put me in a rich family, my foster mom is a b**** and only cares about herself, and she tells me I am a disgrace.

My foster dad is sweet and is the only person in my family who actually cares about me and my foster sister, Megan is the sluttiest girl at Frontier High, she's got long blond hair, hazel eyes and she has curves in all the right places, she treats me like s***. She is your usual cocky slutty prep and I hate her and her mom, me, on the other hand are your average loner, I have long black hair that goes to the middle of my back, green witchy eyes, and a great body if I do say so myself, I jus don't show it. I talk to know one, but my friend Lacey. Lacey has been my friend since I first moved here 6 years ago. She has brown hair and brown eyes, she is prep, but is really sweet. The only thing I disapprove of is her boyfriend, he is a jerk and a player and I try telling her he is going to cheat on you one day, but she doesn't believe me. Rhode Island isn't like California; it's rainy, wet and dreary. When it's not rainy it's cloudy. I like it here it's the type of place I fit into.

I jumped off my dark blue Lamborghini that my dad bought me, and turned up my ipod, I was listening to Love Addict by Family Force 5. I walked in the double doors of the high school, walking to first period. I swung by my locker and put in my combination and opened it.

"Tianna!" Lacey squealed running to my locker with her slutty friends behind her. I smiled at her

"Yeah?" I said.

"Blake is taking me to prom!!" she said.

"That's great, have fun!" I told her walking with her to first period.

I went and sat in my usual seat, which is in the back where no one can see me. I pulled my hood up and turned my ipod up all the way. I turned my head to look out the window, then turned to Blake, he winked at me and smirked and then he sat down in his seat. The bell ring for the class to start, I turned to look at Mrs. Longue for 30 minutes. What was the point of this? I have a 4.0, why did I have to listen to this? I already knew all of it. I got up from my seat when the bell rang signaling that class was over, I got up from my seat and walked out, and ran into Megan.

"Watch it loser" she said. Flipping her hair and walking off. I sighed this is going to be a long day.

"Tianna!" Lacey called coming up with Blake.

"Hey!" I told her opening my locker.

"So are we hanging out after school?" Lacey asked.

"I don't know..........." I said trailing off, why would I go? I thought, I don't have a boyfriend, she does. It would just be me, her, and Blake all over each other every second. I'd feel kind of weird, considering I'd be alone most of the night.

"Actually I have homework" I told her lying.

"Come on, you're the smartest kid I know, you could finish your homework in less than an hour." Lacey said.

I sighed, lying to your friend wasn't easy, and especially if she knew that you were a genius.

"Okay I'll come" I told her

"Great!!" Lacey said hugging me. I glanced at Blake; he was smiling at Lacey with love in his eyes. I looked away as the thought of Aaron suddenly appeared in my mind. Why does missing him have to hurt, Why does everything in my life have to hurt. Why does Lacey get everything and I don't? Why does my life have to suck? These thought were selfish and snobby and I wasn't like that. But I couldn't help it, Lacey is this bright and cheerful person and it seems like nothing bad happens to her. She doesn't know the meaning of pain, me? That's all my life is about. That's all I've been through. I pushed away my thoughts and walked into 8th period and went and sat down next to Lacey, who was fidgeting in her seat.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"OH MY GOD!!" she squealed.

"What?" I asked looking at her.

"The new kid in school is so hot!!!!!" she said smiling at me.

"Uh...... okay" I said

"And his eyes......their so beautiful......" Lacey said dreamily. I looked at her weirdly, why she was thinking about other guys when she had Blake for crying out loud.

"Lacey you have a boyfriend" I told her.

"It doesn't mean I can't look" she said.

The rest of the period went by good, and then the bell rang. I rose from my seat and walked to the football field to meet Blake. Blake ran up to us, sweat running down his face and his wavy locks hanging in his face.

"Hey babe" he said kissing Lacey, she kissed him back. I sighed watching them. Finally they pulled away and Blake looked at me,

"Hey Tianna" he said.

"Hi" I said. Lacey grabbed me and linked her arm through mine

"Blake you ready?" Lacey asked him.

"Yeah just let me wash up and I'll be ready" Blake said running off and towards the boy's locker room. Lacey sighed and we sat down waiting for Blake. The wind blowing my hair out of my face and I closed my eyes, feeling the breeze. Before I knew it Blake was back so we got in his car and drove to the mall. 25 minutes later we pulled up into the parking lot. I got out and walked with the love birds. We hit several stores and I didn't like any of them, and by the time we came to the last one, Lacey and Blake had run off to the food court. I looked around; there weren't anywhere to be seen so I walked into a store, there so much stuff, but I didn't like any of it. I turned around to walk out and ran straight into a hard warm chest. I looked up into his eyes, my heart sped, it wasn't possible, it couldn't be him..........