Wandering Soul | Teen Ink

Wandering Soul

By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Summary:

The world as we know it came to an end in June, year 1290 when the nuclear war broke out. People claimed that the Cold War had come to an end in the late 1900s when Mikhail Gorbachev came into power and the U.S.S.R. fell drastically from its high position. It turns out people were wrong.
For years instead, it had been brewing malignantly beneath the roofs of the two sides’ heads. It was on the whim of two said to be extraordinary men under normal circumstances that it happened. Yet it was not under normal circumstances when the first bomb was released so suddenly, upsetting before killing the most optimistic of a people there ever was in a hundred years. But after so many great years, it was only fair that the world took such a rough turn.
Nobody, however, accounted for the world’s end on their agendas. Nobody was prepared. I, barely settling in my first year at college, certainly was not prepared.

Theresa E.

Wandering Soul

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

They are AMAZING! I love this novel. For some reason, I keep on having flashbacks to The Host (If you've ever read it) and some characters/plot. It's VERY different, I just somehow think about that(:

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks so much! I was aiming for that :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks for catching that, and it means so much that you like this so much!!! Thank you :)

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Excellent! Your characters were relatable and grounded, even the "unrealistic" parts of the storyline were handled perfectly!

AddictedToWriting BRONZE, La Grande, Oregon

"Writer's Block is when your characters get fed up with all you put them through and go on strike." -- Anonomous
"A Writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."--Thomas Mann

Wow.  Great job with this, it just keeps getting better and better.

I think the ONLY error I caught this time was when Natalya was saying that the needed new supplies or something, you used 'knew' instead of 'new'.  Very different words.  :P

Amazing job, definately one of the higher caliber pieces here on TI.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks so much! :)

on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:35 am
Love.Hate.Passion., Spring Valley, Illinois

~Hope. Faith. Love~
~Be proud of who you are.You are all unique in a different way.~
~I WILL NOT fade into oblivion , and become less than
a distant memory.~

This was awesome !

I feel so bad for Rose though :(

Keep up the good work !

on Aug. 4 2011 at 2:20 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Yeah, I actually posted a comment somewhere below that it was a typo. Haha, the year is supposed to be 2090. Thanks so much for the comment. It means a lot :)

on Aug. 4 2011 at 2:18 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you!!! :)

on Aug. 2 2011 at 11:04 am
JustAnotherOwl SILVER, Unknown, New York

"See, we don't really care who you are;
Everyone is capable of looking up and wishing on a star.
So catch it, so contagious, this day-dreamer's disease,
And hope can be your sword, slaying darkness with belief."

"Sanctuary"- Paradise Fears

This novel is so interesting! The idea is so original. It's written very well and easily keeps attention. I've only read the first chapter so far, but I'm really looking forward to reading the rest. I have a question, though...Does this take place in the future? (I was wondering...because in the summary, it says the year '1290'...). Why can't novels be favorited? :)

AnnaBanana said...
on Aug. 1 2011 at 4:58 am
I really enjoyed the character development between David and Natalya.  You can develope this even further.  I like the fact that they are so different from each other...I also like the fact that David experienced the deaths so quickly, ie his brother, his parents and the others...this can really be a character builder.  It is really good, please keep writing!!

on Jul. 29 2011 at 1:33 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Soon! I really want to finish chapter 6 so that I can post two chapters at once, but I'm kind of having trouble finishing it. I will try to get around to posting in the next week. Sorry for the wait! 

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

When is the new chapter coming up?? I'm dying to read it(:

on Jul. 28 2011 at 8:21 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you! I'm glad you like it! :)

on Jul. 28 2011 at 8:08 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Anything is possible with a smile and goal in mind.

I love this story! You took an old topic and put a fresh spin on it! Great job!

on Jul. 28 2011 at 1:55 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks   :)

on Jul. 28 2011 at 1:55 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks!!! I'm glad you liked it. And I will be adding something. I kind of have to write it first, but hopefully, I'll have something posted soon. :)

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Sarah Michelle Gellar- [on the importance of reading] I love books. I\'m constantly afraid we\'re moving into this digital era where books are going to go away, and to me books are the basis to everything in life. Reading is how we function.

I really liked to topic in this..I really don't like this genre of books..nor movies..but I really liked this story..keep writing <3

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

ok just finished it...and i love it so much! the only thing i suggest is just to add something to the plot...maybe they find another person/people, something mysterious that may have to do with the impending nuclear war, or (if you want the story to be kinda short) rose's body? or you could have rose go off somewhere (maybe the white house or russia's equivalent). idk, those are just some ideas, but you probably have it all figured out :) keep up the nice work!

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 

omg this is sooo good! i've only read the first chappie and im hooked. the only problem is just some flow issues, but by the end its so suspenseful that it doesn't even matter :)