Wandering Soul

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

Epilogue

The highest mountain lay somewhere to the east, tall, proud and mighty. It would withstand even the mightiest explosion that mankind sought to produce, whether it be pollution, malnutrition, deforestation, or a nuclear war.
David and Natalya, the only two known survivors, headed somewhere east. Even in their lone island, they had a sort of hope that they both contributed to the invisible pot between them. They meant to share their food for survival with any other they found alive.
It was such an adventure to write this. It is just a first draft, and I can't wait to edit, but I'm so grateful to everyone who's supported me and motivated me to keep writing. Please leave your thoughts. Thank you so much for reading!!! <3
They both knew, deep inside, that the same catalyst that had so nearly destroyed their lives had also nearly destroyed their chances at survival, what with the complications of a beautiful rose. When nature was pushed too far to the brink of extinction, an all-out nuclear war had manifested to knock a bit of sense into people, the inhabitants of nature who so blatantly destroyed it.
Technology, a common product of mankind, had been too much for the world to handle, so a higher being decided to give a second chance, with fit and knowledgeable characters, to be able to unite every island with a common thread: an affinity for nature.
This time, mankind knew better. They would not push so ruthlessly against the wind while at sea, and instead let it guide them through an adventure to a world that could then be envisioned, truly and really, as home.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

LuvLife said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:16 pm:
Wow. Stunning.Exceptional. Amazing job! I hope to see your book in a bookstore by the way! :)

whiterose said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:38 am:
This seems so intense, I love it.  I like how there's the perfect gentlemen and the sweet guy, but most of all I LOVE the end.  This is most definitely 5/5.  Keep writing, also can you check out some of my work.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:29 am :
Thank you! And I'll try to get around to your work soon :)

whiterose said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:38 am:

Coral Y. said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:14 pm:
Awesome story! The idea of watching your boyfriend fall for someone else when you can do nothing about it is heartwrenching...I liked your ending because it did seem fitting for Rose to finally let go of David even if it was a bit painful to read. 

Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm :
Yeah, that's what I was going for. Thank you so much for the comment! :)

CautionwetPaint said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:14 am:
Hey garnet, sorry it took me so long to comment. But this is epic!!! It's definitely understandable how it got rated #2 :) I only had time to read the first chapter but I definitely intend on finishing it. Awesome Job!

Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm :
Thanks!!! :)

Zenny said...
Dec. 11, 2011 at 9:17 am:
I really like your writing style. THe characters and Justin's problem and mentality with his father are believable, too. I really like it, especially how i kept reading even when there was light action in teh beginning. nice job.

Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:10 am :
I'm glad it seemed believable. Thank you :)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
This is really awesome and so creative! You really have a great talent for writing =D

Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:08 am :
Thank you :)        

ZeRo183. said...
wow. words can not describe, and i thought it was very true about the first love, it makes you more stronger.

Oct. 23, 2011 at 7:50 am :
Thanks so much :)

yellowflower said...
I love this! the idea of being there but not seen or heard is very intriguing! so creative! WOW! :)

Sept. 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm :
Thank you :)

ArchimedesWhiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 7:38 am :

I can't finish it right now, but i'm going to try. It is amazing, and i'm glad i waited...

All in all- well done!

Sept. 26, 2011 at 9:43 am :
Thank you!! 

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 4, 2011 at 8:56 am:
The ending has been posted, so all of you have been waiting, please leave your thoughts! It would mean the world to me. :)

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Excellent! Your characters were relatable and grounded, even the "unrealistic" parts of the storyline were handled perfectly!