Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul

Theresa E.
Wandering Soul
Summary: The world as we know it came to an end in June, year 1290 when the nuclear war broke out. People claimed that the Cold War had come to an end in the late 1900s when Mikhail Gorbachev came into power and the U.S.S.R. fell drastically from its high position. It turns out people were wrong.
For years instead, it had been brewing malignantly beneath the roofs of the two sides’ heads. It was on the whim of two said to be extraordinary men under normal circumstances that it happened. Yet it was not under normal circumstances when the first bomb was released so suddenly, upsetting before killing the most optimistic of a people there ever was in a hundred years. But after so many great years, it was only fair that the world took such a rough turn.
Nobody, however, accounted for the world’s end on their agendas. Nobody was prepared. I, barely settling in my first year at college, certainly was not prepared.

LuvLife said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:16 pm:
Wow. Stunning.Exceptional. Amazing job! I hope to see your book in a bookstore by the way! :)

whiteroseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:38 am:
This seems so intense, I love it.  I like how there's the perfect gentlemen and the sweet guy, but most of all I LOVE the end.  This is most definitely 5/5.  Keep writing, also can you check out some of my work.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:29 am :
Thank you! And I'll try to get around to your work soon :)

Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:38 am:

Coral Y. said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:14 pm:
Awesome story! The idea of watching your boyfriend fall for someone else when you can do nothing about it is heartwrenching...I liked your ending because it did seem fitting for Rose to finally let go of David even if it was a bit painful to read. 

Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm :
Yeah, that's what I was going for. Thank you so much for the comment! :)

CautionwetPaint said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:14 am:
Hey garnet, sorry it took me so long to comment. But this is epic!!! It's definitely understandable how it got rated #2 :) I only had time to read the first chapter but I definitely intend on finishing it. Awesome Job!

Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm :
Thanks!!! :)

Zenny said...
Dec. 11, 2011 at 9:17 am:
I really like your writing style. THe characters and Justin's problem and mentality with his father are believable, too. I really like it, especially how i kept reading even when there was light action in teh beginning. nice job.

Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:10 am :
I'm glad it seemed believable. Thank you :)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
This is really awesome and so creative! You really have a great talent for writing =D

Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:08 am :
Thank you :)        

ZeRo183. said...
wow. words can not describe, and i thought it was very true about the first love, it makes you more stronger.

Oct. 23, 2011 at 7:50 am :
Thanks so much :)

yellowflower said...
I love this! the idea of being there but not seen or heard is very intriguing! so creative! WOW! :)

Sept. 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm :
Thank you :)

ArchimedesWhiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 7:38 am :

I can't finish it right now, but i'm going to try. It is amazing, and i'm glad i waited...

All in all- well done!

Sept. 26, 2011 at 9:43 am :
Thank you!! 

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 4, 2011 at 8:56 am:
The ending has been posted, so all of you have been waiting, please leave your thoughts! It would mean the world to me. :)

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Excellent! Your characters were relatable and grounded, even the "unrealistic" parts of the storyline were handled perfectly!