Wandering Soul | Teen Ink

Wandering Soul

By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Summary:

The world as we know it came to an end in June, year 1290 when the nuclear war broke out. People claimed that the Cold War had come to an end in the late 1900s when Mikhail Gorbachev came into power and the U.S.S.R. fell drastically from its high position. It turns out people were wrong.
For years instead, it had been brewing malignantly beneath the roofs of the two sides’ heads. It was on the whim of two said to be extraordinary men under normal circumstances that it happened. Yet it was not under normal circumstances when the first bomb was released so suddenly, upsetting before killing the most optimistic of a people there ever was in a hundred years. But after so many great years, it was only fair that the world took such a rough turn.
Nobody, however, accounted for the world’s end on their agendas. Nobody was prepared. I, barely settling in my first year at college, certainly was not prepared.

Theresa E.

Wandering Soul

LuvLife said...
LuvLife, Sydney, California

Live the life you love, love the life you live!:)

Wow. Stunning.Exceptional. Amazing job! I hope to see your book in a bookstore by the way! :)

on Apr. 27 2012 at 2:29 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you! And I'll try to get around to your work soon :)

whiterose GOLD said...
on Apr. 27 2012 at 12:38 am
whiterose GOLD, Independence, Missouri

The future lies before you, like a field of fallen snow; be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

This seems so intense, I love it.  I like how there's the perfect gentlemen and the sweet guy, but most of all I LOVE the end.  This is most definitely 5/5.  Keep writing, also can you check out some of my work.

whiterose GOLD said...
on Apr. 27 2012 at 12:38 am
whiterose GOLD, Independence, Missouri

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Yeah, that's what I was going for. Thank you so much for the comment! :)

Volley_Girl said...
Volley_Girl, Fayetteville, North Carolina

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
~ Philippians 4:13

Awesome story! The idea of watching your boyfriend fall for someone else when you can do nothing about it is heartwrenching...I liked your ending because it did seem fitting for Rose to finally let go of David even if it was a bit painful to read. 

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks!!! :)

on Jan. 6 2012 at 9:14 am
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

Hey garnet, sorry it took me so long to comment. But this is epic!!! It's definitely understandable how it got rated #2 :) I only had time to read the first chapter but I definitely intend on finishing it. Awesome Job!

on Dec. 12 2011 at 4:10 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I'm glad it seemed believable. Thank you :)

BluBliss GOLD said...
on Dec. 11 2011 at 9:17 am
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

I really like your writing style. THe characters and Justin's problem and mentality with his father are believable, too. I really like it, especially how i kept reading even when there was light action in teh beginning. nice job.

on Oct. 25 2011 at 12:08 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you :)        

RayBaytheDinosaur GOLD, Hampton, South Carolina

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

This is really awesome and so creative! You really have a great talent for writing =D

on Oct. 23 2011 at 7:50 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks so much :)

MeIsMe18 said...
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

wow. words can not describe, and i thought it was very true about the first love, it makes you more stronger.

on Sep. 26 2011 at 9:43 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you!! 

on Sep. 26 2011 at 7:38 am
ZephyrVon-ZombieOverlord BRONZE, Cartersville, Virginia

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

I can't finish it right now, but i'm going to try. It is amazing, and i'm glad i waited...

All in all- well done!

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thank you :)

yellowflower SILVER, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
I love this! the idea of being there but not seen or heard is very intriguing! so creative! WOW! :)

on Sep. 4 2011 at 8:56 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

The ending has been posted, so all of you have been waiting, please leave your thoughts! It would mean the world to me. :)

on Aug. 18 2011 at 9:02 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I haven't read it actually. But I'm glad you like this so much :) I'm working on the last few chapters and I'll try to post all of them in the next week or so. :)