The Controlling Princess | Teen Ink

The Controlling Princess

By ishy92 BRONZE, quincy, California
ishy92 BRONZE, Quincy, California

"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."
Henry Ellis

Once upon a time there lived a very beautiful princess. Her name was Bethany. She was 5'2". She had long brown hair. It went all the way to her feet. Her eyes were as blue as a clear blue sky on a sunny day, you could fly through her eyes. You could just get lost in them. She seemed wonderful, well to the men at least. Her eyes were the key to the whole problem. She could just look into the men's eyes and have complete control over them. The women hated her because she took just about every man there,except the gay men. They were fine because they were gay. Well like I said she took every man and when she was done with them she threw them away like Monday's trash. That's what made the women so mad,they were always second choice. The men would go back to the other women because the princess would not have them. The women of the village hated that.(And by the way the name of the village is Big Wood Village) Being picked second to the princess hurt them. They were tired of the princess getting anything she wanted, and they hated her getting the men to do anything she pleased. All because of her beauty.That's what the women hated the most about her. So one day the women called a secret meeting to vote out princess Bethany. You would think since she was a princess they wouldn't be able to do that, there had been no law saying you can't,they had checked over and over just to make sure before they made a move. The higher power must have been thinking no one would think of voting someone out like this, well they did. Of course you know how the men voted,but there were more women then men. So the women got what they wanted. The men were unhappy, but it didn't bother them to much for they still had women so it didn't effect them to much. They had banished her to the far away land so that no one could see her beauty, and be controlled by it again. So they kicked her out. Bethany was so angry even her own mother voted her out, which is understandable since she slept with her husband Bethany's father.(How sick!) On the way out the women stones her, she was black and blue by the time she reached the front gates. That made her even more angry.

She just kept walking. She fell upon a big beautiful house about 5 miles into the forest. She knocked and a beautiful old lady in her 80's answered the door. The lady's hair reached her feet, like Bethany's. Her hair was white as snow. She was a small short woman. She sounded so nice when she answered " may i help you" replied Grace. (Grace being the old lady's name) Bethany replies " Yes, I need a place to stay for the night." " Oh, i have a spare room you may stay in but you have to do somethings for me to stay her, it's not free." replied Grace. "What do I have to do?" said Bethany. "Not much just sweep the floors, clean the windows, wash and feed the dogs, feed the cats, start the fire, and wash the dishes after dinner." said Grace. Bethany replies 'That's a lot for just one night." Grace says " Well it covers the food you eat, the bed you sleep in, and the clothes for the next day because it doesn't look like you have any spare clothes." Bethany said " Well i don't have spare clothes, but I don't need any." " I think you will unless you decide to stay in those dirty clothes forever, I know I wouldn't want to. It would get gross and smelly." replied Grace. Bethany finally agrees that she needs all this. Bethany starts her work. Bethany had always had a servant so she had no idea how to do any of it, so Grace had to show her how to do everything. Bethany could not believe how much work it was to clean a house. She had finished it all right before dinner. She was so happy to be almost done, she was even more happier that it might all be over. She was happy it was dinner time, and she got a pretty good dinner. As they sat down and Grace asked "what are you doing so far out here?" And Bethany Began her story. From being voted out to being stoned, Grace was horrified to hear what had happened. Oh and the part about that she was princess of Big Wood Village. Grace was speechless.Who wouldn't be? Finely she told Grace she was banished to a far away land. Grace had decided to go with her, she had no family so it didn't matter if she left or not. Bethany was happy to hear that she wouldn't have to take the trip on her own. Grace thought to herself "should i tell Bethany I'm a witch?" So Grace walks up to Bethany and says "I have something to tell you, you should probably sit down." " What......whats wrong?" said Bethany. Grace says " I'm a witch." Bethany says " Cool that's awesome what can you do?" "Oh, I thought you would be all up set and hate me."replied Grace. " No never,as long as you never hurt me I don't mind. It's just so cool, so what can you do?" says Bethany. " Well I can do alot what would you like to see?" says Grace. " I Would like you to put a spell on my village so I can rule again" replied Bethany. " I would like to be part of it" said Grace. "OK, as long as you never try to take control of me by a spell or anything." replied Bethany. Grace said " No never, your like a daughter to me I would never.!" " OK, that's fine. You cared more for me then anyone." said Grace. So they went on packing whatever they needed. Well the witch did I mean Grace did, Bethany didn't have anything in the first place. Once they got everything they needed, they went on their trip to Big Wood Village. The trip was quite bumpy. They had a wagon with two horses to pull. Grace pretty much packed her whole house. So for starters the horses had a heavy load.

On the way there they met some people and some creatures. Some of them needed a ride but Bethany and Grace only had room for one more , and the travelers traveled in two or more. They were almost to Big Wood Village when they heard this meowing. They stopped and found this little baby kitten,but it turned out to be a shape shifter. A baby one. It had been abandoned. While sitting in the grass crying it had seen a cat and shifted into a kitten.(I'm saying "it" because they don't know whether it's a boy or girl yet. they don't even know its a shape shifter yet.) As they walked towards her she shifts back into a human baby.Yes its a girl. Bethany picks her up and says " what is she?" Grace replies " Shes a shape shifter." " can we keep her?" asked Bethany. "Yes" says Grace. So they move on." I will name her Athena." said Bethany. "That's a good and strong name." said Grace. Now they are entering Big Wood Village. They ride in like nothings wrong.And then the women of the village start to realize it was Bethany, so does the men. The men started running to her saying " oh Bethany we missed you so much, I hope you can stay." Grace replies " Well, I guess it wasn't the men who sent you away." " No, it was all the women even my mother." said Bethany. As they rode up to Bethany's parent's home all the women came yelling " get the hell out of here, you don't belong here no more." Bethany replies " I'm back to speak with my mother and father." As they approach her parent's home, her mother and father rush out. Her mother Alice says " How dare you come back, you don't belong here anymore." So Bethany turn to Grace while looking at Athena and says " Do your work or spell or something please." So Grace lifted up her hands and says some strange words,that Bethany doesn't understand. Next thing you know everyone is welcoming them. Bethany thanks Grace. Then Bethany started to tell Athena what a great life they were going to have. A couple of months later, the news got out about what happened to the people in Big Wood Village. There was only one person who could save the village from the horrible spell. It was the little baby Athena. As she grew she learned the truth about the village and the spell. She believed what they had done was wrong, but she never told them that. It turned out she wasn't just a shape shifter, she was also half witch. She learned so much from Grace.All her spells,potions,everything.(she was a fast learner) Then one day she heard Grace telling Bethany she had grown to be a better and stronger witch then she had ever been and Grace was a full witch not half. That's when Athena realized she could get rid of the evil spell once and for all. Athena went up to Grace and said "If you don't get rid of the spell, I will." So Grace said " Ha,like you could." But in Grace's mind she was thinking oh god she knows....how?! " No, you would have to try to stop me" said Grace. Then Grace tried to do a spell on Athena, but was prepared so it didn't work. " Grace I will save this village if it the last thing I do." replied Athena. "I'd like to see you try." said Grace. As Athena left Grace began to worry. "What will I tell Bethany? That the little girl she took in will destroy everything she has done to this village thought Grace.

Athena knew she would need help, so she left to find it. She found a shape shifter names Anthony, he was a wonderful warrior. Anthony said he would help her, but first he said he had to teach her to fight because her powers alone would not work. So as they work together and find others to help. They began to fall in love, but they said nothing because they didn't want to risk anything. So they went along as if there was nothing between them. They ended up rounding about 20 or more people to help them. Now they must train to be warriors, and Athena had to figure a spell to defeat Grace's spell. As the men completed their training Athena came up with the spell to use. So they started their journey to Big Wood Village, as the they rode down the road some people along the way joined because they knew something was wrong with the village. As they made their way to the gates of Big Wood Village they saw guards yelling for Grace.Grace rushed to the gates hoping it was just a false alarm because she was not ready for Athena yet. It wasn't a false alarm. So Grace rounded up all the men to fight. They fought for hours. Athena made her way to the castle, to confront Bethany and Grace. Athena looked at Grace and said " I told you I would be Back and would get rid of this spell if it was the last thing I did." Athena quickly said the words of the spell before Grace had a chance to speak. Then all the people of the village came to their senses. Everyone stopped fighting and went after Grace and Bethany, because they knew what they had done to them. Athena made here way to Grace and Bethany , then banished them both to the dark lands where no one returns. This time they had guards to take them there so that they could not come back and have revenge. As the guards left the people of the village asked Athena and Anthony to be their King and Queen.(Even the old King and Queen did because they were getting in age and had no one to take over.) Athena and Anthony agreed to be the King and Queen. IT worked out for them because they were already in love. So after becoming King and Queen and putting everything back in order. Both Athena and Anthony and the village lived happily ever after.