Step Family From H*** | Teen Ink

Step Family From H***

By Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia
Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia

Author's note: Um I hope you like it.

This is only part one of chapter one

Hello, My name is Deston Nighthart and thats all I am tellign you about me for right now.

Death, Death, Death, I heard the words being whisperered over and over again. The screech of the car came next, the car slamming on the brakes, trying to stop. Slam, That was the car hitting my mom. The sound echoed over and over of her being hit. Screams came, the screams of me and my sister. And it repeated as it uasually did. But this time it was different, this time I was standing next to my mom. She smiled at me then she was gone. Thrown back by the car thirty feet. I ran to were she fell. This was a first for that too. I bent down and looked at her face. It was covered in blood. I started to cry. She lifted up her arm and whisperered weakly
"Don't cry my darling."
I awoke from my nightmare. The nightmare that played the same scene over and over. The dream that replayed the death of my mother, the same dream I had been having for weeks. I panted, trying to catch my breath. I looked around my black room, frightened. I got out of bed, and I saw that I was violently shaking. I walked out of my room and scurried down the stairs, as fast as I could.

I turned into the dining room at the bottom of the stairs, heading towards the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen, and opened the fridge. I opened my favorite 2% milk, and reached into the cabinet next to the fridge. I got a glass and poured my milk. I put my white treat back into the fridge, and turned around to see my step-mom standing behind me. "What are you doing?" she asked me. "I couldn't sleep. I kept having the dream," I replied recovering from the fear of her supriseing me. "Oh," she wispered, "I'm sorry. Do want to talk about it?" I shook my head, feeling annoyed once more.

My step-mother Brenna was a psychiatrist, so she always wanted to talk about the dream. That's all I would tell her, that it was the dream. I will never tell her the depths of it. She sighed and said, "Well, the best thing would be for you to go back to bed." I drank my milk, and went back up stairs. My belly was full and I was getting sleepy. I couldn't sleep though, because of the haunting thought about drifting back into my world of nightmares. The world that couldn't be controled. The world were no matter what I tried, It was always in control, always controling me.

I woke up the next morning, feeling as tired as I was when I went to bed. I walked into the bathroom, and got ready. I came out of the bathroom spiffed up, hair jelled, teeth brushed, and contacts in. I walked to my sisters frilly room. She came out of the door when I knocked, and raced me down the stairs. Downstairs, our step-mother was fixing a putrid breakfast. Corbin Daren Darcy, my step-brother, was vegging on the couch, watching tv. I rolled my eyes at his lazyness and grabbed a bagel. Brenna glared at me and asked, "Why aren't you eating this?" pointing at the food.

"Remember, I don't like bacon, only turkey bacon. Eggs... I only like them fried, not scrambled, and I am allergic to the cinnamon that's in your pancakes." She looked at me, confused.

"How did you know there was cinnamon in the pancakes?" she asked. I smiled and pointed at the bottle of cinnamon next to the pancake batter.

"Don't worry, you will figure it out one day," I said sarastically smiling.

She smiled back, and turned around to finish cooking. Angelica, my sister, was already out the door and walking to our grandma's. Angelica, with long, blonde hair, and blue eyes, walked to our Grandma's house every day. She normally walked with me, though. Grandma lived two miles away, in a simple cottage looking house. We walked there everday during the summer to visit with her.

It took us a while, but we finally got there. Grandma was waiting for us on her porch. She always acts like she hasn't seen us in months, even if she had just seen us yesterday. She hugged us, and ushered us inside. She took us straight to the kitchen, were she made us real breakfast. Turkey bacon, eggs, and toast. We ate in silence, and I noticed Grandma was worried about something. "Whats wrong, Grandma?" I finally asked her.

She looked up and said, "Nothing, dear," in her sweetest tone. I rolled my eyes at her. "Yes there is, now tell us."

She sighed in defeat and said, "Well there is something, I need to show you now." "Ok show us." I said

She nodded and took our plates. She then brought us up into her attic. She unlocked the door and let us go in first. The attic was huge with lots of shelves. Cute knick-knacks sat silently upon those shelves, with decades worth of dust piled on them. I looked closly at Grandma, and thought I was halusenating. Demon teeth, and and a ghost essence defined Grandma. I jumped back ,and then Grandma pushed us to the center of the attic. Grandmas inner demon came through her bones, and the strength was powerful. In the center was a pentagram. Grandma walked over to a book.

"Guardians of the spirit realm, hear and guide my plea.

When the witching hour rings true, bring my beloved daughter to me.

Other souls who hear my call are not welcome in this place.

Only the one known as my daughter may enter this sacred space."

I watched the florecent, glowing pentagram, and inside it appeared my mother.

I hope you all like this chapter. Please comment and Rate.

I looked up, my mom staring at me as my Grandma walked out of the room. I continued staring at my mother as she walked out of the pentagram, and went from a floresent ghostly figure to a natural looking human. I crashed right into her, hugging her as tightly as I could. She didn't hesitate to hug back. There I stood, hugging my dead mother and sobbing, while my sister stood there shocked.

Mom finally let me go and turned to my sister. Hugging her, my sister came out of her trance and hugged back, crying. Our mom grabbed both of us by the hands and led us over to the sofas near the stained glass windows. The first thing she said was, "Now, I don't have much time, so I am going to tell you as fast as possible. Deston and Angelica, you are both witches. When I died I gave you both my powers and plus the powers you were born with makes you both extremely strong. Demons will come after you, and try to kill both of you, but Grandma will teach you how to use your powers."

Then a heavenly light shined down, and she turned transparent again, and said, "Well I got to go. I love both of you. Goodbye my darlings." She disappeared. Grandma walked back upstairs after a few minutes finding us both sitting on the sofa staring into oblivion. She walked over and sat where our mother was sitting, and handed us both a glass of something. "Drink." she said.

We both did, and it tasted horrible. "It will bring your powers to the surface so we can see what they are." We both nodded and sat there. I looked to my right and saw something flying towards my face. I instincttively put my hand in front of my face and... nothing. I felt nothing, I opened my eyes and saw a basketball sized rock hanging in mid air a foot in front of my face. Grandma nodded, flicked her hand, and the rock flew out the window. "What was that?" I asked.

"Oh, I have creatures gaurding my house ,and they are pretty smart, so one probably new you could freeze time, so they threw the rock at you." The rock came back in towards Angelica. She put her hands up, and the rock shattered. I put my hands up again shielding my face from the peices ,but they all froze.

Grandma was smiling now. She flicked her wrist again as she threw the rocks out the window. Me and Angelica were both shocked. Next thing I know, I exhaled and snow comes out of my mouth. I looked at Angelica, and fire was coming out of hers in little embers. Grandma was nowing grinning really big. "Good! Now we know what your powers are."

"What are they?" I asked. She replied, "You can freeze time, and can control ice ,and the cold. Angelica can shatter things, and control fire and heat." I nodded and shook my head looking towards my right. I saw a man standing there in a black coat. I froze him, and Grandma looked at where I was looking, and gasped. She walked over to the table, but before she could do anything, I exhaled and snow and ice shot out of my mouth freezing this man.

Grandma walked back over and stabbed a knife into the mans heart. "Sorry, that was a demon." She said as the man bursted into flames screaming. I laughed, and Angelica looked at me like I was crazy. Grandma laughed with me and said, "Well we need to work on your powers while we have time." We both nodded at that and started.

Grandma threw things into the air, and wanted Angelica to shatter them while I was to freeze them after she shattered them. We did that like a game for a hour or so, and then started to work on our fire and ice power. Grandma would throw a candle in the air, and Angelica had to melt it. I had to refreeze it before it hit the ground. It was fun but then the clock struck 5 and we had to go.

The walk home was enjoyable ,espically since it wasn't hot. Grandma said I would always be cool, and that I'd never get warm. Angelica would never get to cold, or warm. That was a plus to this, I could freeze time. It only took us a minute to get home, and I walked right back into my nightmare.

My Dad and Brenna, once again, were yelling at each other. "What do you two think you are doing? Going to your Grandma's house and aruging with each other?" "What in the hell is she talking about?" I thought. I scolded her and asked, "What are you talking about?"

She rolled her eyes, and asked me, "Why did you go to your Grandma's house aruging with each other?" She looked at me sternly, I didn't respond, and she said, "Well, until you admit it, you both are not aloud over there."

I rolled my eyes and ran up stairs, violently slamming the wooden door. I pondered the thought of what she said for us to come over there tomorrow to start training. I guess we will have to train ourselves now. I wouldn't come out of my room. Ataround six o'clock, I got ready for bed changing,into some bed time clothes and tying to go to sleep.

This is my shortest (I don't know why it is so short)

I woke up when someone was creeping down the hall way. I shattered an ice block in front of my door, and threw the ice pieces out my window that was open. I opened the door and looked down the hallway. I immediately saw someone tip toeing down the hallway. I froze time because I got scared. I decided since the time was frozen, to go and see who it was. I looked, and saw Corbin with a knife in his hands. I grabbed the knife and time un-froze. He instantly looked at his hand, where the knife was. "What in the hell are you doing?" I whispered. He turned his head and looked at me suprised. "How . . . did you get there?" I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't see me. I walked over to the window in the hallway and dropped the knife, but I froze it before it moved any. "Go to bed. Before I tell your mom." He nodded, and walked to his room. I reached back out the window to grab the knife. It looked really old, and had Latin writing on it. Time for some research tomorrow.

Here is another chapter (There is a bad word or two in this chapter I think)

I awoke as soon as I heard a knock at the door. Getting up, I casually walked over to open it. My step-mom, Brenna, was standing there. "Be down for breakfast in twenty minutes," she told me. I closed the door. I got some clothes on, and walked out of my room into the bathroom. I opened the bathroom to find Corbin staring into the toilet; talking to himself.

I snickered at him, and kicked him out of the bathroom. It only took me a second to get ready. I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen to my dad, step-brother, sister, and step-mom. I sat down ,and looked at the food. Bacon, scrambled eggs and pancakes with cinnamon. I pushed the food away from me, and watched them eat. Corbin took my plate and ate it too. "Pig," I mumbled.

"So, Deston, What are you and Angelica doing today?" Brenna asked me. Looking up slowly from the table, I replied, "Going to town... for shopping. You know the usual." She nodded and took all the plates off the table. Angelica and I get up at the same time, and always leave the house together.

We walked to town, which was a shorter walk than it was to Grandma's. I walked to the closest gas station, and to the only pay phone in town. I brought five-dollars, which should be enough to call when I got to town. I knewGrandma's number by heart. I dialed her phone number at sonic speed. Grandma answered on the first ring.

I told her everything that happened. She told me to be at the liabary in twenty minutes. Walking away from the pay phone to where my sister was waiting, I noticed Corbin across the street. "Dang," I thought. I walked to where Corbin was standing. When I got within five-feet of him, he dropped a piece of paper. I picked it up and it read, "meet me behind the post-office at 2:30 pm."

After reading the note, I went to where Angelica was standing. I told her, "We need to get to the liabary." She nodded ,and we started running.

We got there just in time. I opened the door and walked in without my sister, because Angelica wanted to stay outside as a lookout. I walked inside, and looked around. There was only two people there, and they were definately not my grandma.

But before I turned around, both of the people got up and walked towards me. "Are you Deston?" One of them asked me. I nodded. "Well here!" they responded. They handed me five, heavy books. I walked out the back door of the library. I got out the front of the building, and Angelica and I walked to the park.

Please comment and rate. thanks

Once we got to the park, we sat down at a picnic table and laid out the books. the first book was simply titled, Deston. The second was titiled, Angelica. The third was titled, Herb's Secrets. The fourth book was titled, Grandma's Secrets. The final book was called, The Book of the Shadows. I grabbed the book that had my name on it, while Angelica did the same.

When I opened the book, a letter fell out. Picking up the letter, I saw Grandma written on it. I ripped it,and read, "Dear Deston, I am sorry that you can't come over for the time. Use the books to train yourself for now, and if you need to call your mother, those instructions are in The Book of the Shadows. I will always love you, Grandma." I shook my head, trying to clear my mind from the letter, and I opened my book to the first page. "How to Control your Ice powers." I was captured in that book for hours.

My watch beeped as it hit two-twenty five. Angelica and I had already planned to meet with Corbin. It only took me a minute to get to the post-office. Walking down the ally, I got a bad feeling in my gut. "I see you came," Corbin said from behind me. "What do you want?" I asked him with a serious tone.

He smiled and replied "Always want to get down to bussiness. Actually, I wanted to talk about our little predicamint." I looked confused, thinking, "What is he talking about?"

"Um. . . Well, you being a witch... and all."

"Oh!" I thought aloud. "How did you know that?" I said, my anger rising.

He laughed, and said "You stink, and that's how I know." I thought harder, remembering I put on deoderant. "Demons can smell witches!" I remembered.

I froze him by lifting my left hand to the base of his neck, and used my other to unfreeze his head. "Your a demon?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head no. "What are you then?" I asked. He grinned a sly smile, and this time, I wanted to smack it off his face. "I am half demon, and half witch." He finally admitted. "So, what do want, then?" I asked him again.

He laughed this time, "I am here to help you stop my mother." I was confused. Then it clicked. His mom was a full, evil demon. I looked into his eyes. I walked over and grabbed The Book of the Shadows where I had set it down. I looked through it until I found what I wanted, a truth spell. Corbin was scared, I could tell with the sheen of sweat over his forehead.

I said the spell,

"Moon and tide save help me now,

I seek the truth here not yet found,

For underneath the fog there lies,

New possibilities for I,

So let this night be unlike others,

And let the noble show their colors,

And let the meek and cowards run,

For now the moon seeks out her sun,

And by the power that is three,

So as I will it, so mote it be."

The spell worked. A white light shot out of my hands, and went into him, and his lips glowed faintly. "Have you been telling me the truth?" I asked. That was all I needed to ask him. "Yes." He said instantly. He had been telling the truth. I said the reversal spell, because I didn't want him blurting out the truth to anything I asked. I unfroze him, and strolled away.

He followed me, though. I walked to where Angelica was waiting. She looked suprised to see Corbin following me. "What is he doing here?" she whispered to me. I whispered back, "He has information." We got coffees, and went back to the park ,and Corbin confessed everything to Angelica. She didn't believe him.

She didn't believe him even when he shot a ball of fire right into a tree. "So, how long have you been a demon?" I asked him. "Ever since I was born." Then his phone rang. "Hello?"he called. There was a pause. "Okay, I'll be home on a minute, Mom." He put his phone back in his pocket, and said, "Mom is wondering where I am at. Get ready when you get home."

"For what?" I asked him.

"To leave. Mom is planning to kill you tonight." Both of our mouths dropped. As he smiled and got up; we sat there frozen After a few seconds, we both pulled out The Book of the Shadows, and I looked for a protection spell. There wasn't one. We eventually arrived at the nightmare of our home.

Here is the best chapter so far I think. Comment and Rate,Thanks

My sister and I walked inside our house. Brenna smiled as we walked in the door. She was standing in the hallway waiting for us. Angelica and I instantly turned for the stairs. About half-way up the stairs, I froze Brenna, so she couldn't follow us. We went seperate ways to our rooms. I grabbed my suit-case out of the closet.

Opening it, I threw three of the books Grandma gave us into my suitcase. Angelica had the fourth book. I picked out some of my favorite clothes in my closet, snagged my laptop, and some other items, (Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap, Etc.). I opened the book of shadows and looked for a spell to shrink my bag.

There was one, "As I bow, shrink this item now." I bowed and the suitcase shrunk to the size of a piece of paper. Walking to the window, I opened it and threw my suitcase out freezing it's fall. I closed the window, walked out of my room, and walked into Angelica's room.

She came out of her room, and closed the door behind her, winking at me. We both walked down the stairs. Glancing at each other wearily, we both went opposite directions down the stairs. I walked into the dining room, and saw my step-mom as she drove a atheme into my dad.

I froze, planting my feet, staring at her smug smile on her face. My dad's death didn't even phase me, but just the thought of my mothers death had torn me from limb to limb, and I had to put myself back together. It made me stronger than I had ever before realized. I froze the room, but Brenna and three people in the room moved slowly, and then un-froze.

They were a lot stronger then me, and I saw behind them Angelica.

"So, petty witch, what do you plan to do now ?"they cackled. I laughed and surrounded the rest of the demons in ice. Brenna's face went blank with shock.

"Your stupid mother, I knew I should of stole her powers instead of letting her keep them!"Brenna screamed, but I smiled. Then, before I could react, she exploded. In her place stood a creature that mimicked her appearence, except it had flaming hair, black eyes, talons for nails, grayish skin, and her teeth were pointed.

She now was laughing in a demonic voice that was louder then it should of been. I crossed my arms and felt something in my hands. I uncrossed my arms and pulled out two swords. One was on fire, the other was made of slippery ice. I threw the one that was on fire at Angelica. She caught it, and we both stood there, while Brenna grimanced.

"Those horrid swords!" She yelled, and charged at me. I moved to my left, and swung my sword hitting her in the back, she fell to the floor. I saw Angelica slicing the demons, that had frozen. "Deston, go find Corbin, I'll deal with her!"Angelica shouted. I nodded and saw her dash towards Brenna.

I ran upstairs into Corbins room, but he wasn't there. I quickly turned around and ran towards Brenna and my dads room. He wasn't there either. Then I remembered this house had an attic. I ran into Corbin's bed room, and dashed into his closet, where the access panel was. I looked up into his closet. The panel was open.

I quickly thought up a spell, and said "As my heart pumps blood, allow me to greatly jump!" I walked across the room as saying the spell. I reached the other wall, positioned myself, and ran, jumping as I got under the opening. Landing in the attic, I saw corbin on a table, surrounded by a pentagram.

I walked closer to him, and noticed he had fainted. I walked even closer, and ran straight into a sheild surrounding the pentagram. I jumped off the floor, and thought deeply of a spell. I couldn't think of anything, but then, I noticed a book over on the stand.

Deciding it was inportant, I walked over and looked. The page was open on the spell for the sheild, and the reversal spell. It wasn't a normal spell, but more like a ritual. I walked over to a shelf that had a wooden bowl, and I snatched the candle, too. As I looked around more, I found a lighter. Quickly, I walked back, and made ice appear in the bowl, and melted it.

I set the candle in the water, and lit it. The candle was supposed to drain the sheild. As I was burning, Angelica jumped up from downstairs. She was bleeding from her arm and left leg. She jumped and glided over where I was standing. Before I could even blink, Brenna shot up threw a hole in the ceiling. I had my ice sword in hand, though.

She charged me, but I was ready for her. I jumped over her head, and spun around stabbing her in the back. She gasped, and fell onto the wooden floor. Her glassy eyes staring were into oblivion. I pulled my sword out of her, and the sheild around Corbin disinigrated.

I thought, "Where am I going to put this thing?" The sword then melted, leaving only the handle. Angelica cocked her head to the side and did the same. We stuck the handles in our pockets and I walked over to pick up Corbin.

"I'll be down in a second. Got to go get my stuff." I heard Angelica say as I jumped out the window. I walked over to where my suitcase sat, and waited for Angelica. Before I new it, she fell from her window.

"How did you do that?" I asked her, but she just smiled and replied, "Agility spell." I nodded and we walked into the woods together. She carried both the suitcases once I showed her how to shrink hers. We decided we would go to Grandma's house.

We ran there as fast as we could, which wasn't very fast. It took us about twenty minutes to get there. We both walked out of the woods, and to her front door.

There was a note, "Dear Deston and Angelica, I had to go to my coven meeting, and will not be back. If you need me, call me through a spell. Ask the half-breed your questions, he knows! Love, grandma."

The note finished with that. I set Corbin down and waited.

If you want to know what he says go to google translate. and copy and paste. Rate and Comment

We sat there waiting for Corbin to wake up. After three hours of waiting, I decided to go do something else.

"Angelica?" I said, "I am going to go back to the house to see if I can get any other things we might need."

She replied,"Okay, Just be careful." I nodded and ran into the woods running at full speed. The window that I jumped from was still open. I ran and jumped, The spell I had cast earlier was still active, so I flew up from the ground, and landed just inside the window.

Brenna was still out on the floor. I walked over to the shelves, and looked on them. Each shelf had a label, the first was labeled "Common." The second was labeled "Rare." The last was labeled "Impossible to get (By Witches)." I went through that shelf first.

I saw a bag laying on the floor next to it, and dumped everything in it. I did the same with the "Rare" shelf. I left the items on the common shelf. Looking around some more,I noticed the book on the stand. I went over to it and picked it up. I closed it and looked at the cover, Grimiore :Volume Six.

I put it in the bag and I looked over to see Brenna starting moving her arms, and legs. Walking over to the window, I jumped down out of the window, and ran. It took me twice as long with the extra weight I was carrying. Halfway back, I heard a loud high pitch scream coming from the driection of the house.

I just kept running. I got to the house and saw that Corbin was awake. He was sitting in the chair, and was talking to Angelica.

"Deston, your back!" I heard Corbin yell as soon as I stepped out of the woods.

I rolled my eyes and asked, "So, Where do we have to go?"

He sighed and said "Well, we are going to have to go to the largest witch coven in the world. It’s in New York, New York."

I nodded and he asked me, "Did you get the Grimiore: Volume Six book while you were at the house?" I got it out of my bag,and handed it to him. He flipped through the pages, and found the spelll he wanted. He finally stoped flipping the pages, and said, "Okay, give me a hour to get these ingredients ready." I was confused."Ingredients for what?" I asked.

He replied, "For the teleportation spell that will transport us to New York." Corbin walked to Grandma’s door, and flung it open. "How did he know the door was open?" I thought.

I walked inside, and went into the living room. I grabbed my suitcase from the porch, and brought it inside, unshrinking it. I pulled out all the books, and opened the ones titled Grandma's Secrets. I skimmed it, and found tips about different spells and potions. We all continued reading.

Three hours later, Angelica and I were still studying the book, when Corbin wandered downstairs. He had a silver bowl filled with different herbs.

"Okay, get your things together, and we can go," Corbin said. Angelica and I put all our things back in our suitcases, and shrunk them. Corbin had already set up everything on the table.

"This is what you do, I am going to say the incantation, and you two have to put fire and ice inside the bowl, but only when I say too."

We both nodded, and he started chanting,

"Come ho detto le parole qui e ora, per portarci a New York. Dico queste parole ancora una volta devo fare per portarci a New York." He motioned for us to do our parts. I shot ice inside the bowl using steady stream. Angelica did the same with her fire. Before we could do anything else, a bright light surrounded us, and we were gone.

Jasper23 said...
Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia
I have posted more.

Jasper23 said...
Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia
My motivation was I really don't know just liked the Idea. What do you think of it?

Jasper23 said...
Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia
Yes I am I will post some more in just a minute.

Rachellee said...
Rachellee, Howard, Other

"We all have light and ark inside of us, what matters most is which part we choose to act upon. That is who we really are" the wise words of J.K. Rowling (via Sirius Black)

Are you writing more?? :)

Jasper23 said...
Jasper23, Warrenton, Georgia
Thanks, I am glad you like it.

Rachellee said...
Rachellee, Howard, Other

That's a really good story so far :)

Rachellee said...
Rachellee, Howard, Other

That's a realy good story so far :)

jbaker0184 BRONZE, Brromfield, Colorado

Very interesting, what was your motivation.  Keep in touch.