Revenge and Reagret | Teen Ink

Revenge and Reagret

By Kiki7 BRONZE, N.Anson,ME 04958, Maine
Kiki7 BRONZE, N.Anson,ME 04958, Maine

How does it feel to want.

Author's note: cool

Revenge and Regret
It was a foggy Tuesday morning. Dad was in bed, he had gotton whouping cough last winter and was still sick in bed, and I was tending to the shop, and because he didn't have a son or enough money to get an aprentice I had to do the work that needed to be done. A man walked into the store wearing brown denim pants and a red coat made of velvet and he had brown hair and green eyes. He wasn't from around here but then again many people came into the store that I didn't know. He came up to the front desk and said.
“Is your name Alys?”
I answered. “Yes.”
“You need to come with me.”

All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw a man standing outside it was the weel maker next to us. Earlier that month he had asked if he could buy the store off Dad but he said no.
“What for?” I asked.
“Nevermind about that you will surely find out later on. Is your Dad here?”
“Yes he is lying down in bed sleeping he has a really bad cough.”
“Well I will get someone in to help him or I think we should save him the greaf and let him stay there.”
“What wait what are you...” I desperatlly started to say but he grabbed hold of me and took me outside. He basically dragged me to a dark alley next door.There were people gathered all around us. At that moment the man began to speak.
“Is there any rope around?”
“I'll get some.” said weel makers daughter.
“Good thank you.”

They tied my hands together he wanted to make it so I couldn't talk if I tried but I convinced him not to. I was so scared I didn't know what was going on.
“This girl has been accused of being a witch. Is there anyone who abliges?”

Some people in the crowd started to raise there hands but they were so terrified of the mans expression that they didn't dare object.
“We shall resolve this matter with a test any ideas?”
“Put her in the lake.” Said a voice I couldn't quite recognize I think it was the weel makers wife.

Some how Dad stumbling with his steps walked into the dark alley. He looked so frail and delicate. It was difficult for him to walk he was so weak and fragile. He tried to grab hold of me but the man pushed him back and nocked him over. He got up and grabbed at his chest he was wheasing and grasping for breath no one would help him. I desperately tried to break free of the mans grasp and when I did I went to my dad and was holding back tears.
“See she doesn't even cry when someone has died her heart is a cold black hole she is heartless and has no feelings.”
“You killed him.” I went running at him screaming I would have started hitting him but my hands were tied behind my back and I couldn't untie them. He stepped forward and slapped me across the face. It stung I wanted to scream and cry but I held it in. He grabbed my hair and jeered my head backwards.
“You better not pull another stunt like that again or you will be gagged.” He said.
“No please don't.” I begged.
“Then don't do it again.”
“I promise I will be quiet.”
“Good now we can discuss matters. There is a small baby dragon that has been burning down crops and terrorizing villagers. I think we should present it with a small offering. Maybe Alys will help us out she could be fed to it and maybe it will be to full and not burn down our towns. Before we do that we need proof that she is a witch. Mary didn't your goat run out of milk last week?”
“Yes but.”
“And littly Timmy didn't you slice your hand?”
“Yes but it was an.....” The man cut him off short.
“Alys was there when Mary's goat went dry and she was there when littly Timmy cut his hand.” Said a voice I recognized, it was the wheel makers wife they were doing this they wanted my fathers store they were all in it they killed my father and accused me of a witch. I didn't say anything because I din't want him to gag me.

Some people in the crowd had worried faces and there were lots of murmures in the flowing crowd of people I was surprised at how many people were out at this time. I was devistated that my father was dead but I had to toughin up I didn't want all these people to see me cry so I sat there watching as they all discussed how they were going to decide if I was a witch or just a regular 14 year old girl who was cought at the wrong places at the wrong time. As we were on our way up to the field where the dragon was coming. In my head I was trying to picture my dad helping me pull the twine together how it was moving between my fingers and how it slid across my finger tips. As we got closer pieces of that image kept falling away and by the time I got that one piece back where it belonged many more kept slipping away and it was all just slipping away slowly. We finally got to the field it was I wide open space with charred and burned grass and dirt. They stuck a steak in the ground and tied me to it. By then it started to rain and the ground became soft and mushy. My back was hurting the splinters from the steak were stiking out and was going right into my back and it hurt I tried moving my wrists to see if I could get loose. For I think five minutes I was wriggling my wrists around trying to get loose and finally I got my right hand out it was so surprising that I just stood there for a couple of seconds then finally I realized I was free. Wait no I wasn't I had to make a choice to die by being eatin by the dragon (fast) or get chewed and knawed to pieces by the wolves (slow). I chose fast. I picked up a rock and threw it at the dragon. I didn't look like it noticed me at first so I screamed. “Hey you stupid dragon look down here.” He looked at me but took no notice then I through another rock and he finally saw me. He was brown with a golden mane and it had green eyes. I turned and sheilded my face with my hands for fear that it would burn me instead of just swallowing me whole. After a couple of minutes of standing there like that I looked at where the dragon was and in it's place was a boy looked around the age of 15 or 16. It was weird because he was small and there was no way he took the dragon on himself and there wasn't enough noise and where was the body of the dragon it couldn't have flown off there was no wind. It was odd the boys hair was the same color as the dragons main amd oddly enough he had the same green eyes as the dragon but the really weird part was he had no clothes on. It accured to me that he was the dragon but that would be impossible.
“Why were you throwing rocks at me?” He asked.
“I was I...” I was stuttering.
“That is real inpolite you know.”
“Inpolite you were going to eat me.”
“I was not going to eat you.”
“You weren't until I started throwing rocks at you because you didn't even see me.”
“I did see you I just didn't want to eat you.”
“What?”
“Yes.”
“Wait what is your name anyway?”
“I don't have one.”
“What everyone has a name.”
“Well I'm not everyone.”
“I know but you should have a name.”
“Well I don't .”
His expressions were so confusing I couldn't tell what he was feeling at all. He was so fluent when he spoke as well. He seemed so human yet he also seemed as though he were of a different species.