Behind The Scars

Author's note: My friend and I got bored and started writing this story. I wrote Aria's chapters and my friend...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My friend and I got bored and started writing this story. I wrote Aria's chapters and my friend Jayde wrote Rosaline's chapters...hope you like this book ^-^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Aria

I was confused. It was clear now that Damon didn’t kill my father, his aura would’ve changed if he did.
“Why did Stefan kill my dad?” I asked, “What’s so special about me?” but I was ignored.
“Stefan knows she’s coming of age now. I have to keep her safe.” Damon’s words echoed on the warm summer air. I wondered if the mortals on the street below could hear him.
“You? Keep my daughter safe? Are you insane?” mother growled through clenched teeth,
Draven's important...I'm just sayin
“She’s my daughter! I’ll keep her safe!” she shouted at him.
My custody was being fought over?
“What about the arranged marriage?” Damon hissed.
“If Laura were with you I still might agree for you to wed my daughter.” My mom sighed, rubbing her temples.
“My mother is dead!!” Damon howled, so many emotions hung in the air around him that I couldn’t identify what he felt. My mom’s silver eyes widened in shock. “The arranged marriage went against what my father wanted.” Damon paused, the tears in his eyes about to fall. “Stefan killed my mother, his wife! And now he wants to marry Aria.”
Now they turned to me. Finally they could see how angry I was. I stood with my arms crossed and my eyes narrowed.
“I belong to nobody but myself.” my voice was a monotone.
“Aria, love, you aren’t of age yet.” Damon sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“Right now I’m standing on the balcony of my house in Minnesota, United States of America. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but in America at age 18 I am known as an adult. People, I’m 20!” I glowered at them, shoving Damon off of me.
They were both silent now.
“I want to meet Stefan and I want to do so NOW!” I yelled at them, stomping my foot as if acting like a child would help me someway.
“He killed your father!” mom snarled with disgust.
“I know, so I’ve heard. But why does he want me so bad?” I asked, “I mean, Stefan shows some strict loyalty if he murdered two people in hopes to marry me. I was highly curious, maybe Stefan wasn’t as bad as Damon made him sound.
“He wants to marry you to control your powers.” Damon hissed, his voice became softer when he said, “But I wouldn’t abuse you.” There was a faint blush on his cheeks. ‘Why would Stefan want me for power if he already has a huge empire?’ I wondered to myself. I knew what they were talking about from what Draven has told me. But Damon and mom didn’t know that I knew too.
“Powers?” I echoed the word, adding to my mock confusion. My mother nudged Damon.
“She didn’t need to know yet.” mother growled.
“Yes she did.” And that started their bickering about arranged marriages, royal families and my coming of age. I decided not to take part in this argument as I left the balcony and went back into my room. I shut the French doors and sat on my bed thinking of what Damon said about Stefan. About how he’s coming to get me.
The aura in the room changed and I felt the presence of Draven. I went over to the balcony doors and pulled the curtains closed, turning on my heel to find Draven sitting on my red and black bed spread. His hair was jet black, and the tee-shirt and jeans he wore were the same shade, and his handsome green eyes followed my every move.
“What should I do?” I sighed, as I sat down next to him. “I don’t want to marry Damon or be captured by Stefan.”
“Runaway?” Draven suggested in his calm silky smooth voice that I loved. We both knew it was a useless idea seeing how both mother and Stefan would be hunting me down then. He wrapped his arms around me and with his touch I felt my heart quicken as warmth spread throughout my veins, making me feel alive inside.
I leaned in to kiss him. When our lips met I felt a pull to him that made me tangle my fingers in his hair. He pulled me onto his lap as we kissed. I could feel both our hearts beating as one.
Warmth and safety is what I felt in his arms, this feeling never happened between Damon and I. With Draven, I actually felt loved and protected as if nothing could hurt me if I were in his arms.
Then he just poofed right before the balcony door opened. He left a red rose in his place, and before anyone else would notice it I tossed it on the floor and pushed it under my bed with my heel.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Crimson_Lilly said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:17 am:
This is an AMAZING story line! My friend and I are coauthoring a book too and I think this is awesome. Feel free to read my advise, or if you don't want to, I understand (since each story is like our art and we the artists). And please if I butcher any of these names I am SO sorry, and because it is 5 in the morning and I have had NO sleep, I Connor remember the first guy's name and will be calling him A1, sorry again! First, the accusation by Rosaline toward A1. Where did it come from? It migh... (more »)

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:59 am :
Thank you for ppointing out the flaws in our story. we're going to edit it this weekend and then I'll post the revised chapters ^-^

Rosaa said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm:
This is a great idea, but I'm just a little confused because everything seems to be happening too quickly and some parts just didn't make much sense at all.

Vanendra replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:38 am :
i agree. my friend and i are just writing as we go along. we're going to edit it later

PurpleWriter said...
May 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm:
Hey! My book is finally online! Go to Novels in the fiction section. It is called The Searcher's Allies. Please check it out.

Vanendra replied...
May 16, 2011 at 9:12 am :
what section in the novels section is it?

PurpleWriter replied...
May 16, 2011 at 7:13 pm :
umm others

PurpleWriter replied...
May 17, 2011 at 5:31 am :
Wait, I think it would be easier to go to All Novels, Most Recent, and page 7.

PurpleWriter replied...
May 17, 2011 at 6:28 am :

oh wait I mean new books are coming on so try page 8 if it is not on page 7

Raindrops_On_RosesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this line: the box of bright colors.   Nice visual.    How did Aria meet Draven?  And why would Aria be arranged to marry the son of the man who killed her father?

Vanendra replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 12:52 am :
okay the first question will be answered soon in chapters yet to come...the second question: Aria was arranged to marry Stefan's first son before they were born yet. Rosa and Laura wanted to connect their families in an arrainged marriage.

Vanendra said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 8:43 am:
I'm going to post the next twenty chapters soon. Be prepared for many twists and turns.

Mara03851 said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 11:16 am:
Confusion Why is she kissing Damon if she loves Draven? At first it seemed like she was enjoying it but now it's like she doesn't like him at all, and he's just her toy.

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm :
I realized that...I think I need to show the fact that she was testing how strong their relationship is. Thanks for pointing that out to me :)

MysteryHeart replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 8:13 am :
Ya i agree and it kind of seemed like Draven was just thrown in there at the beginning... kind of Just like ... POOF!! a love interest on beck and call

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 8:56 am :
yea :/ but I wanted to introduce the 5 main charactors first

MysteryHeart said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 8:55 am:
Ninjas...... reall? cause i thought it was getting a bit better till then..

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm :
ninjas are cool -.- lol my friend suggested it. What do you suggest I use besides ninjas?

MysteryHeart replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 8:17 am :
well i guess i might be able to figure out something.. Provided i knew what kind of creatures your characters were... witches, warlocks... vampires seems to be very popular these days... Or mabey you are creating your own powerful mystic beings...

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 8:57 am :
They are vampires XD I'm not clever enough to make up my own type of beings.