Pandora

anwa_o.
Pandora
Summary: Natalia DuPrau is the Pandora.

On the night of her fifteenth birthday, Nati receives a thermos in an unmarked cardboard box. Only this suspicious package contains something far more dangerous than anthrax. Nati is the newest incarnation of Pandora, the Eve of Greek mythology, and her birthday thermos was never meant to hold instant chow mein. With the help of Sin, a seventeen-year-old boy who’s a self-proclaimed “Pandora’s Box-seeker extraordinaire,” and a bracelet named Hope, she embarks on a mission to recapture the evils she’s released.

But Sorrow, Pain, Disease, Death and Conflict aren’t eager to return to their cookware prison. To add to the problem, Nati’s new demon-catching boyfriend just might be one of those demons, himself. When Sin’s twin sister, Virtue, arrives in Montréal with the goal of saving Nati’s soul, Nati learns that sometimes the line between perfect good and perfect evil can be uncomfortably blurry.

BekahBekah said...
May 25, 2012 at 10:50 pm:
Since loads of people have already expressed their own thoughts how much they adore this story, I won't overdo on mine. I think your story's great, and it'd be nice to see it published. :) I have a suggestion, though. I, personally, think it'd be nice if you would lengthen the struggles your characters undergo when they try to track down Death, Conflict, or whatever. It seems too easy for Nati to capture them. Why not add a little more chasing, fighting, struggling, etc? But overall, your story'... (more »)

KenyaLove41This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:17 pm:
this book is amazing i love the plot, tha dialouge, the charaters... everything!! keep on writing and i hope u get this published:)

vetenari said...
Apr. 27, 2011 at 11:51 am:
Incredible work! The plot line and concept are very solid(with a ready-made fan base, the market is primed for a new neo-mythology series), and the characters are engaging and relatable. From solely a reader's perspective, changing Sin's name would make it rather more of a mystery, and coupled with the demon blip at the beginning and the line "no telling what you could pick up" it seemed too effortless a connection. Nati seems to take it all a little easily, and the encounter with Sorrow goes pr... (more »)

Ashley_Tucker replied...
May 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm :
Really interesting! Couldn't stop reading! It was so good this might be the first time ever that I have no suggestions or corrections, well done! Check out my novel Shaya's Story, please.

SaphirraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love it! I can't wait for you to add the upcoming chapters! :D

LilybirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 6:08 pm:
Wow!!! This is awesome so far and I can't wait to read more! Please write more!!! :)

Vanendra said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 8:50 am:
Only could read the first chapter for now. But so far its really really good!!!! I love it! <3 check out my works too please :D

DinoNugget said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:42 am:

That was awesome!  Very nice writing.  However, it is too easy to figure out who Sin is.  If he even is who I think he is, that is.  Other than that, good job!  Write on.

Maybe check out my stuff, too?

HuntressEmma said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm:
This is amazing. Really good grammar as far as I can tell. Waiting for the next piece diligently!

anwa_o. said...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 9:28 am:
Thanks to everyone! I've actually written the full novel, and I should add a new chapter every week as I edit them for my Independent Study. As for grammar, it's probably more of a formatting issue -- but typos are my worst enemy, so if you find any, feel free to point them out!

werewolves667 said...
Awesome! A new greek story! Ever since I finished Percy Jackson I've been bored, now I can have a whole new story to read. And it's really good! If I could rate 1-10 I would give it a ten! Keep writing I'm excited to hear more!

htrae22 said...
That was really good i love it you should continue writing please tell me when you add more chapters

Violets said...
This was amazing! You really have talent, and your story is very unique, unlike any I have ever read. It had me hooked from beginning to end. I loved the character descriptions, from the mysterious boy, Sin, to Nati, even the cat, IT (and I love how you made Nati have conversations with him, I can totally relate)....so definately don't give up on this story. The only things I found wrong with it were a few grammar mistakes that can be easliy fixed. Overall, great peice, 5 out of 5 more »)

htrae22 said...
this sounds amazing i have to read it let you know what i think when it is done :-D