White Ribbon

EGram
White Ribbon
Summary: They told us we were adopted, part of their tribal family. But I’m still not sure that we’ve escaped the Officials back home. I know that the tribe won’t let me leave this place, and I know that if I go home the City will kill me there.

My brother watches the dance hugging the leg of the woman who tells him she’s his mother. My sister, at least, remembers we are sisters. She knows I do not love the chief’s son.

Eamon holds my waist with strong hands as we dance, and the chief looks on in approval. I think of Lazaro. I think of my kiss with Lazaro, and I see him in the crowd. I meet his eyes with shame.
The crowd is ready to cheer and clap. My wedding is almost over.

Off_at_a_canter said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm:
This story is so amazing! The different threads are woven together neatly but suspensefully. The descriptions are wonderful, and the characters are so real! Can't wait to read more!

EGram replied...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm :
Thank you!  I look forward to reading your comments as the plotlines progress!  :)

EGram said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 6:00 pm:
Congratulations, readers!  You have voted White Ribbon as today's top Sci-fi/Fantasy Novel!  Thanks for your votes, and I look forward to your comments on the new chapters 9-12 :)

EGram said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm:
Chapters 9-12 have been submitted to TeenInk!  They should be posted online soon.

EGram replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm :
Chapters 9-12 are now online!

e.c.frances said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm:
I just finished reading the last couple of chapters and they are great! I love your descriptions! They make the story so suspenseful and I love the charaters. can't wait to read more.

EGram replied...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Thanks!  I'm really glad you like it!

Woody said...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:52 am:

White ribbon is a great story ... well written.  More, please!            E Gram rocks!!! 

EGram replied...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm :
I'm really glad you're enjoying it.  Thank you so much for the comments.  You can't know how much I appreciate them.

EGram said...
Readers, we are now the second most discussed Sci-fi/Fantasy novel and voted #3!!  Thank you so much for your support!  Please keep commenting and voting and maybe we'll reach #1! :)

Gregory Hemlock said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 10:43 am:
E. Gram...keep up the good work. Looking froward to your future writings!

EGram replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm :
Thank you so much for your support!  The next few chapters are in the works :)

steve charleston said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 10:37 am:
Well done.  Outstanding.  I enjoyed it!

EGram replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 4:01 pm :
Thank you!  Please check back for more!

mummers4 said...
I just read your last 4 chapters.  WONDERFUL!.  Your characters come alive and I find myself thinking of them at off times. 

Pandora118 said...
When are the next chapters coming up. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

EGram replied...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 7:49 pm :
Chapters 9-12 are in the works, but I can't say for sure when they'll be out.  Keep checking the page because they'll be posted as soon as possible! :)

itgoeson15 said...
Oh. My. Goodness. I love this so much. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Please hurry and write more! Can't wait to read it!!!!!!! :)

KTKent said...
Wow! This is AMAZING! Can't wait for more!

Pandora118 replied...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm :
I know!!!!! You really need to keep writing more!!!!!!!!!! I reread it atleast five times!!!!!!!!!!

EGram replied...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm :
Thank you for your comments!  Chapters 5-8 are now online so please enjoy and feel free to keep voting and posting your thoughts!