White Ribbon

EGram
White Ribbon
Summary: They told us we were adopted, part of their tribal family. But I’m still not sure that we’ve escaped the Officials back home. I know that the tribe won’t let me leave this place, and I know that if I go home the City will kill me there.

My brother watches the dance hugging the leg of the woman who tells him she’s his mother. My sister, at least, remembers we are sisters. She knows I do not love the chief’s son.

Eamon holds my waist with strong hands as we dance, and the chief looks on in approval. I think of Lazaro. I think of my kiss with Lazaro, and I see him in the crowd. I meet his eyes with shame.
The crowd is ready to cheer and clap. My wedding is almost over.

This book has 87 comments. Post your own now!

BrielleM said...
This is insanely great! I could definitely see it as a published book. I love the characters. I'm only on the seventh chapter, but I'm already sold on it. (:

EmilyGram replied...
I'm so glad you've finished it and commented!  I have decided to post the next four chapters on Monday (Mar 21) so they should be online by the following weekend!  Please comment again after you read them...I would love to hear what you think!

EmilyGram replied...
Actually, I'm pretty sure that chapter 12 is the last chapter I'll post on TeenInk.  You can find the rest on Inkpop.  I hope you do!

pheebz88 said...

This is amazing!!  It seems like you have this really well thought out and that you know exactly where you are going with this!  It's kind of dark but in a good way and it leaves you wanting more!

I could totally see this being a published book...I would definitley buy it!

EmilyGram replied...
Wow thank you so much!  I really appreciate it

PrincessGrace said...
This is sooo wonderful! Are you going to post more soon?

EmilyGram replied...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 11:46 am
Thanks so much for your feedback!  I intend to post the next four chapters by the end of the week.  Please check back next weekend, because I would love to read your comments!

youngpilot said...
its really good:) hope you can post more, and one day get it published:)

EmilyGram replied...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 11:47 am
Thanks!  Me too :)

e.c.frances said...

The ribbon thing is really cool... I can't wait to figure out what all the different colors symbolize!

I also want to learn more about the tribe. This is such a cool and suspensful story! I can't wait to figure out what will happen next!

EmilyGram replied...
Thanks!  What questions are you hoping the story will soon answer?  I like hearing input from my readers on which plotlines tug them most.

e.c.frances replied...
well... i really want to know what happens with her and "the warrior". I also want to know what the ribbon means.

SPAZZMUCH said...
OMG! I LOVED IT! SOOOOO GOOD! I HOPE THIS IS PUBLISHED BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO SEND A COPY TO MY GRANDCHILDREN!!! 

EmilyGram replied...
I'm glad you like it!  I hope one day it might be published too.  Right now I'm just working on writing it.  The next four chapters are written, but I still need to edit before I can post them online :)

Don'tEatInCostume said...
A true talent. Work of art. Such a good story and quite the story-line. Very thrilling. Great Job!

EmilyGram replied...
Thank you.

TessieHutchinson said...
AMAZING! You have quite a gift! Such a good story. Please write more! 

EmilyGram replied...
Thank you!  Please check back as more of the story is published :)

LauraEHarper said...
This story line is so thrilling and the characters are so real, i feel like i picked this book up off a library shelf. This is the kind of book i would read and love and finish within two days cause i cant put it down. Keep up the good work EGram!

EGram replied...
Wow!  Thanks so much!

Off_at_a_canter said...
This story is so amazing! The different threads are woven together neatly but suspensefully. The descriptions are wonderful, and the characters are so real! Can't wait to read more!