Her Name Was Madi | Teen Ink

Her Name Was Madi

By that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas
that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Love? Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love.~Moulin Rouge!

Summary:

Madi Rourke is now seventeen, and in a bit of a rut. Day after day, it's all the same; no life, no money, no boys, in a sense. Things have become a bit monotonous, and she's just about ready to start pulling her hair out when she wakes up in the year 1956.

Now, she's alone in her quest to find out how in the world she ended up here and how she can possibly get home. All she has to go on is a mysterious note she found when she arrived here, which isn't exactly helpful. Not to mention she's got the local bully/babe magnet hounding her for a date.

Just when she's ready to give up and throw on the poodle skirt, curious events begin to take place and Madi is finally pointed in the right direction. Now, she must figure out the secret behind her predicament, and the strange characteristics of her new cat, LT, all while debating on how to break it to her new boyfriend that she's actually over fifty years his junior. All part of being a teenager, of course.

Mary A.

Her Name Was Madi

thewriter247 said...
Very well written. Good balance of humor and seriousness. But I was like NOOOOOOO near the end... awesome anyways! I hope you finish the second part/sequel. We are waiting patiently!

on Dec. 13 2011 at 9:23 am
i-love-cupcakes, New York, New York
sorry o ment to say good job

on Dec. 13 2011 at 9:21 am
i-love-cupcakes, New York, New York
i love it thats the best story ever on teenink i have already read it 3 times good god!:):):):):)

byebyebirdy BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

They change every day. Today's is this: "But sometimes the sun has been up for a long time and we just refuse to open the curtains." ~the woman I met on the street that one time.

This is amazing, I could'nt stop reading!

that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Thank you!!

on Aug. 10 2011 at 3:48 am
Simple_Minds BRONZE, Barton, Maryland

"There's a reason they make Spell Check."

That was amazing.

that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

I don't know...but there have been a lot of glitches involving the site I know that. When people tell me to search for their work I can never find it.

Pedophobic BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

If you want people to be themselves, be prepared to expect not only the best of them, but the worst as well.

why can't i add this to my favorites?

on Feb. 21 2011 at 8:34 am
that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Ha that's cool :] I'm glad I have the approval of a Madi :D you gotta keep reading!!

on Feb. 21 2011 at 8:33 am
that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Ah thank you :) and if you'd like me to look at your work, send me a link pretty please. I can't seem to find anyone's work :p

on Feb. 21 2011 at 8:32 am
that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Omg lol I won't lie-I cried when I wrote it. I felt so bad for what I did but I had to do it in the name of fiction! The sequel is at a stand still....Haven't been working on it lately :c but maybe someday soon I'll feel the inspiration. I have a couple of chapters up already! Go look!

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm so happy you really love my poem, that makes me so happy to hear. And when you poem gets put onto the web site I would really love to read it. Thanks so much for replying to me. I didn't think no body would, lol. Well thanks and I hope you like my other poems.

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I really liked your book. It had me movie from page one and I was really into it a whole lot. I hope one day you will publish it and make a lot of money off of it.

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Im really happy about your work and I'm going to keep on reading more about it real soon. And I wanted to let you know I'm writing a book to, just to give you the up date. Well I hope you write more. Have a good day. :) :)

AmyRie96 said...

this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

i am sitting here on the verge of crying, please write a sequel ASAP!

MadisHeart said...
MadisHeart, Norman, Oklahoma

My name is Madi. :)

Like it so far, would love it if you read mine when they post it on here. <3...

that_one_kid10 BRONZE, Dickinson, Texas

Thank you :)) I'm actually trying to get it published but no such luck as of yet. Tell all your friends to read it though :D high ratings on this site should get it noticed :))

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I really like your book I think you should publish it some day. You can become a great author to, I would really love to read more. Keep up the good work. 

Romanticish SILVER, Irving, Texas

Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?
-Alfred lord tennyson

i havent read it yet, but omg imma read it right now! i read evertbodys stuff and comment, cuz its so fun to talk to other awesome writer. But i was wondering if you would read my book? its not finished yet because i have the hardest time finishing anything... lol, its called  A Slice of Darkness, please comment and tell all your frinds about it. HOPE YOU LIKE IT xDxDxD

rainbowwaffles BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York
Sorry, my internet is spazzing and for some reason I can't comment, especially with the link... sorry. :( Maybe the post went through and i just didn't see it? I keep refreshing but nothing is happening. Maybe you can't find it because you're looking at the overall novels? It's on the fifth page of the realistic fiction top voted section.