The Wipe | Teen Ink

The Wipe

Author's note:

Ever since I was little I always pretended I had super powers so writing this story helped me bring that dream alive.

Do you ever think there's anything out there other than humans, maybe another race? Or a whole different planet that has living life?. I used to ask myself these questions all the time. Everyone thought I was crazy for believing that there was until one day.

The day was September 23, 1995 everything seemed normal. I mean I got up got dressed, ate my daily fruit loops, and went to school, nothing out of the ordinary right?. School felt like it took forever, but I was in my last hour of the day doodling on my paper and finally the bell rang and I ran out the door and started my journey home. My mom and dad always worked late till around 4:30 so I always got stuck walking home, which was a total bust. I was about half way home when I realized this odd looking van was going kinda slow behind me and I definitely recognized it from the school parking lot when I left. Now I'm not one to freak out but this van following me got me a little nervous, so I started picking up my speed a little bit but again this van still stayed creeping  up on me. By this time I was so scared that I'm jogging and sweating like crazy, I was almost home and thought I would be fine. After about 3 mins I looked back to see if I was still being followed but the van had disappeared, I stopped dead in my tracks looking around to make sure this dude wasn't somewhere around me. As I'm looking around I start to hear some movement in the bushes next to me I didn't think anything about it so I keep walking. Next thing I know two big dudes with tattoos all over their body grab me and start carrying me to this van. I tried to scream. 

“Somebody Help”

“Please Anybody”

I tried to free myself but BAM straight to the face totally knocked me unconscious.

I didn't know where I was at or what these guys wanted from me but as I started to slowly wake up I could feel my head just pounding from that hit. As my unswollen eye starts to open I realize that I'm strapped down to some weird metal chair in a super dark room with wires attached to me everywhere. I instantly start screaming but the throbbing from my head hurt way too bad to continue. As I grunt in pain some older male with a sketchy appearance pops out of the shadows and starts to speak to me and tell me how nobody will hear me down here and that I better save my energy for the fun that I was about to experience. I scream “What do you want from me?” and immediately start crying. He instantly starts to laugh as he walks over to this power box with a bunch of levers and buttons attached. As I sit there screaming and crying for my life he starts to count down and I instantly start panicking. “ Good luck little fella” and instantly a horrible shock hits my whole body and I start screaming louder which only makes it worse but I can't help it. There was a huge flicker in the lights which gets him to stop torturing me and everything went silent. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang and electricity starts hitting me hard and I scream at the top of my lungs before again I ended up unconscious.

I woke up once again but this time I wasn't in any pain and I didnt understand why, I mean I LITERALLY just got struck by what I believed to be lightning. I should be dead right?. There's no one in sight so I force myself out of the chair and remove all the wires from my chest and forehead. I begin to walk towards the door to get  outside and for some reason my body felt better than ever. I finally reach the door and open it and boom. The world is chaos, I mean everyones running around screaming, papers and other garbage are flying all over and car alarms were going off like something straight out of a movie. I start to panic but I needed to know what was going on. 

“ Hey what's going on!!”

“Sir what's happening” 

“Mam are you okay”

I asked multiple people what was going on but everyone was in a panic, It didn't make any sense. I heard something in the air so I decided to look up and there she was. I thought I was dreaming so I tried to shake myself out of it but everytime I reopened my eyes it was just sitting there in the sky. Everyone always told me aliens didn't exist but deep down inside I knew they were there. As i'm staring at this huge spaceship as its just hovering over the earth's surface I begin to hear something rushing towards me and as I looked down I knew it wasn't human. I turned away and tried to run but as soon as I got 20 feet away he caught up and pinned me to the ground. I panicked and started kicking and squirming around. I threw a punch and out of nowhere electricity shoots out of my hands and kills the alien dead in his tracks. I sat there for what seemed like hours but was really only 2 mins just thinking about what In the world just happened. Was I just lucky? Or do I have super powers?. I get myself back on my feet and walk towards this tree. I strike it as hard as I can and again coming straight out of my fists lighting cuts the tree straight in half. I think to myself about how awesome this is and how I turned out to be so lucky. After about 5 mins of messing around with my new so called ability I decided to run home to check on my family. As I get closer and closer to home, I begin to realize how everything seemed to already be wiped by the aliens, I begin to panic and run faster than ever. I finally reach my home and bust through the door.

“MOM”

“DAD”

“MARCUS”

“Where are you guys” 

I walk upstairs to see if maybe they went up there to hide or get away from the trouble. As I search the house I begin to realize nobodys home and maybe they were kidnapped considering all the doors were wide open and there was blood everywhere, but no body. I begin to worry but I knew with my new ability I'm the only one that can save them. I didn't know exactly what I was gonna do but I had to think of something on the way. Being a 15 year old kid I start to think this whole thing was gonna be easy and that I was just gonna take out as many aliens as possible. I finally found the ship again, they were in the middle of the town right above the clock tower. I immediately begin to run at the ship punching and kicking the aliens all around me and telling all the bystanders to move into a safe area. The alien race begin to notice who I am and start targeting me, I hold my ground as much as possible but become overtaken very quickly. I end up on the ground with aliens everywhere on me like football players going after a fumble. I start to think this might be it, it might be all over right now. As I begin to give up BOOM straight to the face and my mood immediately changes, I shove my fist in the air and a huge bolt of lighting comes shooting down and wipes all of them off of me. I start thinking of a plan and fast, but then I remembered the clock tower is straight steel up top and maybe I could conduct enough electricity to blow up the ship. I run straight for the stairs, pushing my way to the top. Once I finally make it I stand up on the highest point and being to charge up for the shock i'm about to receive. WIthout a second thought I shove my fist in the air and the sky turned into a large bright like then suddenly everything went dark. I didn't get back up that day, or ever again. I may have been finished but the world will forever be in peace again. I finally wiped the alien race.

The End