Guess I'm Not Alone | Teen Ink

Guess I'm Not Alone

April 11, 2019
By theboicovius SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
More by this author
theboicovius SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:

This story takes place in an alternate universe, meaning that some things have been changed around like names, technology, and locations. If you see something you're not familiar with, that's intentional.

My name’s Logan Samuel Demerius.

Wait, scratch that, I’m writing this as my first personal diary entry, only I’m gonna read it.

So let me start over:

My name’s Aphris. I’m 17 years old and I’m an alien.

“Logan Samuel Demerius” is just a fake name I use to disguise myself.

For 16 years I thought I was the only alien here on Earth, but that all changed on October 14th, 201X, when I encountered more of my kind.

Enough rambling, let’s get onto the story.


OCTOBER 7th, 201X

I’m living on my own in Guernica. Y’know, the place famous for its vibrant art with all those murals of Latino pride and equality & the graffiti drawn by the various gangs surrounding the area. It’s like East LA, but everyone here’s born with a form of artistic ability.

Some choose to do cartoons, some do murals, paintings, or even art of out of objects like whips, thumbtacks, hats—you get the gist of it. There’s many types of art to be shown here, from murals and paintings to statues and animation, it’s basically Picasso’s wet dream.

The smell of sweet tequila and cigarettes fill the streets as I walk to the drug store, hoping to get a bag of Hellfire Zeetos. I was really craving some spicy chips, but I didn’t wanna pay for them, so I just grabbed the chips and walked out. The manager got all feisty with me, but who was I to waste my time on him? I had somewhere to be.

Even though it’s morally not the best thing to do, at least it was a nice break from pretending to be someone I’m not at school. Every single day I’m there I have to try my hardest to be at the top of my class, but no matter what I do, I always fail. I do whatever I can to be the best I can be, but when everybody wants you gone and nobody cares about you, it gets frustrating. But that’s not what I’m here to talk about tho. I’m here to tell y’all about this experience I had.

So anyways, after I grab my Zeetos, I head to my friend Ernesto’s house that’s about a 4 minute walk away from the store. Me and him are in Los Vacios, a gang comprised of me, Ernesto, and three other people: Jhonen “Diablo” Flores, Alejandro “Locito” Ramirez, and Guillermo “Huevon” Padilla.

As I approached the house, I could hear Ski Mask the Slump God’s music get louder and louder. Once I entered the house, it seemed like a lit ass party in there: there were some fine women, all my homies were there, and the house smelled of weed.

“Aye guys look!” shouted Diablo (Jhonen), “Drogado’s here!” The people in the house cheered as I made my way inside. To my left, I see a cooler filled with botellas I have never seen in my life before. They did look pretty unique though.

“Aye Locito (Alejandro), what’s this?” I asked, curious about the alcohol.

“Remember that mission we went on 2 years ago where we had to retrieve this big ass package from Brance City?” he asked. I nodded, remembering all those robots, superhumans, and bodyguards we had to fight.

“Well, inside that package was a huge flower called the Kamino Fruit. To make a long story short, this fruit is said to have the ability to heal diseases and add more years to your life, so it’s a very rare item in the black market nowadays. When we got this fruit, me and Cabezon (Ernesto) decided to take the juice from it and add Smirnoff to it, so now we got these amazing drinks that make us live longer.”

All that could come out of my mouth was “Oh my God”. No wonder they wanted that package so damn bad. I actually take back being a bit lazy during the fights.

“Pass me the botella, dude.” I said, “I’m here for a good time after all.”

Locito passed me the drink and I chugged it all in an instant. It tasted like a holy combination of Skedaddles and Sour Patch Men. The sweetness and the sourness of it all made my tastebuds climax because of how delicious it was. I’ve tried many types of drinks in my life, but never has been more delicious to me than this one.

“BabyWipe” played on Ernesto’s GreenLip speaker as everybody in the house went crazy; we were all jumpin’ up and down to the beat, some of us were rapping along to Ski Mask’s vocals, and we were all either tipsy or completely wasted (I was tipsy). All was going well until we heard a startling knock on the door.

“Aye!” shouted Jhonen, “who’s at the door?!”. The knock only got louder.

“Answer me, cabron!” he kept shouting.

Big mistake, Diablo.

It all honestly felt like a blur. One moment we’re just having a good time and the next, I see some alien soldiers fire micro-bullets out of their finger guns. I don’t know what was more shocking: seeing all my friends get knocked out out of nowhere or finding out that I’m not the only alien life form on this planet. I tried making a run for it, but one of those guards tried to shoot me.

When I deflected the bullet, the guard got surprised. Only superhumans or other life forms can deflect something like that. No human being on this Earth is able to dodge those bullets. Guess my cover got blown.

“You,” he said in Biwattian language, “you’re also an alien.”

I thought I managed to get through to him so that he could stop shooting up the house, but guess he got a different message because I ended up fainting after getting shot in the chest by one of those micro-bullets. My vision started to become blurier by each second as I collapsed to the floor, unable to escape.

I wonder whatever happened to the Kamino drink...but anyways, I bet y’all are wondering what happened, so let’s move on:

Once I woke up, I found myself in a prison cell laying alongside Ernesto’s girl. Her left arm was bleeding, her hair was all messed up, and I could see signs of struggle and domestic abuse on her. This wasn’t good.

“Natasha!” I said, rushing over to her, “what happened? Who did this?”

She let out a sharp inhale, and tried to cover her cut.

“It was these aliens.” she said, “I tried telling them that I didn’t do anything, but they tried to hit me. Not gonna lie, they’re strong as hell, but you know that I don’t give up on anything. I wasn’t gonna let myself be accused of something I didn’t do.”

Classic Natasha. I sighed.

“Listen, we need to get out of here. These guys mean-”

“No shit, Sherlock.”

“ANYWAYS, we need to leave. If they managed to beat you this badly and knock everybody out without any effort, then we can’t clown around like this.”

Just as I finished telling her that, a guard walked into the cell and grabbed her by her hair.

“You’re not going anywhere” he said, translated into English through a computer. I yelled at him to let Natasha go, but he only threw her against the wall and aimed a Teruyaza, which was a weapon far greater than human technology. While they had boring technology such as the ability to change the color of something, modify their vision, and have pyrokinesis, we aliens could alter the human body’s functions and emotions with a single gun, and maybe even the fabric of reality if we kept evolving, but right now I’m focused on Natasha, who kept on struggling to escape as the guard punched her.

I didn’t know what to do at that moment. If I actually try fighting him, my identity as a Biwattian alien would be revealed, but if I didn’t do anything, Natasha would die and Ernesto would most likely get mad at me for letting her die (and I would feel guilty for not saving her).

So what did I do?

I looked over to her and gave her a serious look in her face. Guess secrets can’t be kept forever.

“Natasha, what you’re about to see will be something that me and you will know. Not even Ernesto or anybody else can know. You will take this to the grave, got it?”

She nodded, but seemed unsure about what I was about to do, but it all became apparent to her when my “human” skin started turning into a dark purple as my hands grew larger and my hair became wavy. No longer was I Logan Samuel Demerius the human, I was Aphris, an alien whose existence is only known to Jhonen, his family, and now Natasha.

Without any words to be spoken, I grabbed the guard and flung him into the door, breaking along with his body. He tried shooting a bullet from the Teruzaya gun, but I deflected it with only two fingers. The more he shot, the more I reflected the bullets from my fingers.

“Are you kidding me? This is your strongest my dude?” I asked, “try a little harder and don’t come at me with those wack ass weapons.”

I grabbed the gun from his stupid alien hands and broke it in half, but not before using it to knock him out. Once I was done, Natasha looked over at me in shock and confusion.

“Yo Logan! You were an alien this whole time?!”

“I’m surprised that one time I managed to knock some guy out by flicking his head didn’t give it away.”

“This some groundbreaking material, dude. Forget high school, I wanna study this.”

I chuckled a bit. I mean alien culture is pretty interesting.

“Aight, enough slacking, we fr gotta get outta here.” I commented as I broke a hole in the cell wall which managed to lead to the outside.

As we jumped out, I could see that we weren’t in a city or town, but a small little alien village. The houses looked like those old ass huts I learned about in History class, but they looked modern at the same time. You had the houses made out of wood and cement like humans used to use, but then you also had very recent technology such as Norville the Robot Assistant, a GameStation 6, and even furniture that can alter the design of a house.

Natasha stared at the village houses in awe as I changed back to my human form, but not before we saw an old alien man walk towards us.

“So you two must be the alien and the human that escaped” he spoke. I curled my hands into fists and Natasha picked up a rock to throw at him. Not sure if he’s a threat or nah, but it’s good to be prepared just in case. You never know who’s gonna try to fight you at any moment.

“Calm down now children, I mean you no harm. I simply wish to know you all a bit better. After all,” he paused, activating his telekinesis and throwing me and her into an empty house. For an old geezer like him, that attack hurt.

“You wouldn’t want to murder the village elder now, do you?”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.