The Prophecy | Teen Ink

The Prophecy

By Racingslayer715, Ionia, Michigan
Racingslayer715, Ionia, Michigan

The Prophecy

Andy had some trouble at school with paying attention. He had this trouble because he was always thinking about his prophecy. Andy’s prophecy was that he was going to die at the age of 15, he will have to use his superpowers against the titan Typhon when the titan is healed. The bad thing about andy is that he is almost 15 and doesn’t know what powers and he is scared about that. His birthday is October 17th and it is september 2nd. His parents also have powers and they know what they are, they told Andy that he will know about them when he is fourteen but it should not have taken this long “ Ring- ring, the bell goes off four the end of school, he sees his friends Chris and Joe( they know about his powers and keeps it a secret).

“What up Andy??” Chris says.
“ Guys I can’t stop thinking about the prophecy. I don’t know what to do, i haven’t figure out my powers and I don’t even feel energy like my parents say I will get when my powers come”.
“ Let’s just go to your house Andy and see if we can find anything more about Typhon the terrible,” said Joe.

Once Joe, Chris, and Andy get to Andy’s house they go straight to Andy parents’ headquarters to the library room. The library rooms is a room filled with all knowledge from the beginning of time to now. They go to the titan section and suddenly find that there are no more books about typhon the terrible.
“ What happen to all the books about him?” Says Andy. “ They were here just this morning”.
“Guys come check this out,” Says Chris. Andy and Joe go to Chris and find out that everything is suddenly disappearing, but that isn’t the weird things. The weird thing is that there is a great wind in the room when just a few minutes ago you could hear people outside talking and now you can’t.
“ Hello Andy, it's almost time for the prophecy to begin,” said Typhon.
“ Without your powers, this might actually be a little easy and I don’t want that. I want to earn my living, so what i’m going to do is give you a little boost”. Just like that energy started to course through Andy like never before and he realized that he finally got his powers but not the way he thought he would get them.
“ Guy’s, I have my powers. I know what they are too”, said Andy. “I have the powers of the gods… all of them. This is amazing”.
“What does this mean Andy”, both Chris and Joe say. “ It means that I can train and defeat Typhon and finish him for the rest of time,” says Andy.
The night after Andy got his powers, he had this nightmare that he just couldn’t get out of his head and couldn’t escape it when he was asleep.
“ What was it about Andy”, Andy’s mom said worried about him.
“ It was about my battle with Typhon, but I didn’t have my powers and it was just too scary to even think about it”. After Andy and his parents talked about the nightmare, He got a call from Chris saying to be at his house asap. With Andy’s new powers of the gods he realized that he has some different powers too, along with flight and super speed… so Andy got there pretty fast and surprised Chris.
“ What did you want to tell me??” said Andy. Still a little confused by how fast Andy got there.
Chris said, “All the books about Typhon came to  my house and I don’t know how they got here. “Is Typhon trying to do something to me to get to you??”.
“ I don’t know Chris but we have to find out,” said Andy. “ By the way… where’s Joe”.
“I don’t know, I called like a million times by now”, says Chris. “ He hasn’t answered the phone and neither have his parents. It’s just weird that Not one of his parents or him have answered the phone”.
They just thought that Joe was sick or something else. That night Andy found out by another nightmare that the battle was tomorrow!! During the night after Andy woke up he because of the nightmare, he tried to talk to the gods using his superpowers and see if they could help him but he couldn’t get anywhere trying that. The next day at 6:00pm, Andy was waiting at the place that Typhon wanted to meet him which is at a old garage. When he was there all of a sudden Joe came out of nowhere. “ What are you doing here Joe? This is where it is all going to happen” Said Andy.
“ I know Andy, that’s why I am Andy. I am Typhon and I have been ready for this for a long time Andy. The prophecy has been in my life for centuries, I found out about it when I before I was destroyed. I have waited a millennia to come back from death and rule the gods and destroy Zeus, you, and all the other gods. Kronos told me about this day and said that the future is untold about who will win but I know that is me”. “So let's get this done with and finish this fight once and for all”. So with that Typhon became his original self and Andy and him fought for days at a time but nobody knew it because for some reason time was frozen and on the 8th day of fighting Typhon grew weak and it was just enough for Andy to destroy Typhon once and for all and that's what he did.

Two years after Andy had figured out how to use his new superpowers and helped the world with them. His superhero name was Helix after defeating a villain that was named Helix and he took the name as his own. During the day Andy was any normal kid, but during the times of need… Helix was ready to fight.