Maximus twins | Teen Ink

Maximus twins

By PierreB, silver spring, Maryland
PierreB, Silver Spring, Maryland

"The only way you loose power, is when you admit you don't have any"

Author's note:

I wanted to write a science fiction novel since im a huge fan of the genre. I hope people who read this will just have a fun time getting lost in the futuristic world in my story. 

It was year 2052. The earth was falling apart. It was dying. Due to the advance of technology in the industry, and the growth of humans dependency to it , massive radiations coming from the technology intersected the earth's magnetic field and miscalculated the earth's gravity equation. The earth stopped circulating around the sun . The earth was getting colder and colder little by little every single day. Mother nature was slowly freezing to death. The crops, the frozen seas, the lakes, all freezing to a cold lifeless form. The wealthy civilians combined their wealth to build shuttles and left the planet to colonize  the moon. They were called the “rich ones” and the leftovers were called “earthlings”. Hope was lost and the end to  life on earth was ticking in time. It was up to the unique dna of the Maximus twins who were separated at birth to save the world.
          The moon also known as “Planet Vertex” were where the rich ones lived. Touring needle like skyscrapers punctured the sky. The atmosphere felt like a swift breeze of cold air. The sun never showed. Everywhere you looked, you could see tall buildings. Rich buildings for rich people. Planet earth looked like an abandoned junkyard, no electricity, frozen buildings, cars, and piles of frozen bodies forming a mountain. Bodies leftover to decay or either be burnt to warm the earthlings. The air smelled foul because of the deceased bodies. The air tasted unpleasant, every day the earth got colder and colder and the more colder it got the more piles of deceased bodies emerged.

It was May 8, 2050. Maximus Jon arose from his bed “ Mother, Mother, today is my birthday, today is my birthday” his mother said “stop the yelling!” she shouted. Jon murmured “I'm sorry”. Jon was a tall and fair haired , he had the most beautiful baby blue eyes that oddly seemed to glow blue. At a time , his face was tan with freckles dispersed from his forehead straight down to the tip of nose. He was a bright kid and very smart, but always felt like he was missing something….. A part of him. A feeling he couldn't explain in words. All he could do was ignore it and let it go. The day went by quick on Plant Vortex, Jon and his mother Jane flew to their floating island with jon's new Kodak 3000, a shuttle that used energy from venus, a very unique and expensive shuttle he waited for his whole life. At planet, earth Maximus Jack was alone in the freezing planet, crying for his long lost parents that couldn't make it for his sixteenth birthday. Similar to Jon, Jack was the same height but jack’s eyes were the brightest radio active green eye color ever seen. Some could say it almost glowed. He had ginger red hair and a pale dove face. Jack's Parents had died due to the cold weather .
          He was the only one left, left to survive alone in the cold. What didn't kill him made him stronger. He was a strong kid, found ways to survive alone and managed. Jack always had a feeling of loneliness he couldn’t understand, even when his parents were still alive. Just like Jon, he always felt like a piece of him was missing but he couldn't explain the feeling. The sky turned pitch black, both  the  planets went to sleep, but little did the boys know was that something was meant to happen. In the night of  their sixteenth birthday in the very strange night something special happened. Something strange and mysterious happened.

The boys who were lost between worlds, both went to bed. Unaware of each other both had a dream of seeing each other. The dream almost felt so real. While jack was dreaming about jon, jon was dreaming about jack. The boys appeared in some type of dead surrounding
“ who are you?” jack said “And where are we?”  Jon  looked deep at his green eyes and said  “ I think we're dreaming”  “but this feeling so real so real!”  jack said  “ I know” jon said. “What's your name? My name is Maximus Jack”  “Are you serious, my name is Maximus Jon” The boys stepped forwards one another with an uncanny look and examined each other “ We almost looked alike if it wasn't for our distinct feature” jack said “ I see what you’re talking about” jon said. “ you know, I don't know why I feel like saying this but, I always feel like a part of me is missing “ WHAT” Jon interrupted quickly “ me too, since I was young, never understood it” Jack paused with curiosity “ What can that mean?” Jack studded “ I think I know. Were lost twins” Jon yelled “ that's ridiculous, I barely know who you are” Jack quickly commented “ Let's see if you can answer this questions, do you have any birth photos of yourself  and do your parent bring up different subjects every time you ask about the day you were born?” “Yes jon shouted how did you know that” Jack shouted “ I knew it, I knew all along, our parents are not our real parents, we were seperated at birth, I always felt different among my parents before they died, I felt misplaced.”
            Jon quickly murmured “ Oh, i’m sorry to hear that” jon said. Jack quickly said with a smile on his face “ It’s ok…. Because they weren't my real parents.” Then jon starting to believe jack’s claim “ if we're really related? Really brothers? What year and date were you born in” “ May 8th 2036” with an amazing astonishment on his face Jon looked at jack “ Were Twins, born in the same month, date and year!  you are the missing part of me, I think we were meant to see each other!”  Jon jumped on jack and held his hand tight around his waist “ I will never let you go brother”  Then jack asked curiously “ Since you’re all dressed up well, are you a rich one?”  “ yes, yes I”m” jack replied and said “ since you’re asking does that make you an earthling?” “ yes, yes it does” jack replied “but isn't the planet dying from the cold?” “ it is “it is jack replied”

Then the boys stepped forwards each other with sadness. But little did they know, at that instant, something would happen. A sign of hope. The boys destiny. As tears ran helplessly from the boy's eyelids it glowed. It glowed blue and green and as their tear fell from their red cheeks to the dead ground, Somehow miraculously both tears meet and created the color see green. The ground absorbed it and the entire ground bloomed with beautiful green trees and bright blue tulips and the atmosphere suddenly light. It reminded the boys of the lost green earth. When you could breath fresh air instead of burning bodies. After the boys shook and held onto one another out of fear and excitement. It was when they relieved their destiny, the reason they were meant to meet . To save the world. To save planet earth from its sorrow. They didn’t bother to ask why and how all of what had  happened . But the lost puzzles between them was connected, And that was all what mattered to them. It gave them hope. Hope for one's planet to survive. So they could be together.