not a normal pricess story | Teen Ink

not a normal pricess story

By joebilllyjoe, springville, Utah
joebilllyjoe, Springville, Utah

Author's note:

it is a good stroy

Not a normal princess story
The day was like any other. I was doing my normal stuff when a bunch of ruckus came out side. I look outside and see the townspeople are gathered together in a group and with something in the middle.  I run down stairs a quickly as possible when. I get down there I scream “What the hell is going on here” then it  goes quiet i walk slowly to the middle and see a fire and ask what is it but befor i could finish boom the fire explodes and goes flying in the air and a giant seized dragon appears and says in a loud voice “where is the king's daughter”!!. What should i do i thought to myself  “I'm right here”  “ ahh the king's daughter well by now i'm sure you have heard of the Prophecy” what is he talking about    “no“  “ ah so your old man never told you well your no problem to me then”.Then the fire was gone and he vanished in thin air what the heck just happend so i ran to my dad.  
“Dad dad”  “what honey what is it”  “is there a prophecy about me”  well  i did not expected him to tell me right away but he did “umm well” kinda “well yes it was a long time ago passed down by your great great great great grandpa he got it from a  very old and very wize wizard he told him the prophecy it said that your grampa's fourth great granddaughter will slay the magical beast that live in the dark forest.
That is you but you are too young and it is now a law saying that you can't go in the dark forest” i was shocked i had no idea what to say ” whait whait you never told me this all these years and now you say i can't do my own duty thats  stupid it is my  quest my responsibility i'm going and you can't stop me”  “guards take her to her room”  “what wait no you can't do this to me no”  “it is for your own good” the guards brought me to my room why try to fight  i thought no point there both stronger than me so i'll sneak out tonight  but i must get prepared. Nighttime is going to come i'll get rope a weapon ohh yeah dad always keeps one under the bed yep here we go a nice pink sword a tent and some matches Ok here i  go.
Ok tie the rope to the bed nice and tight here goes nothing wow it is steep ok slowly now down down down ok that was easy cut the rope and take it ok now let's go i walked down towards the front entrance open the gates on done a perfect time to the guards were all having a staff meeting now time to get to mountains. They were a little bit harder because it is so far  and the village is all the way there and someone is going to see me up past carpue and call the guards and dad will be furious. Once i started i saw like 6 or 7 guards but they did not see me a couple more hours i wil be there. Once i came a few hundred feet in front of it  like 6 guards in my way ugh i need a distraction i look all over the place and find pieces of metal good i  throw one piece over the village and 3 of the guards ran over there to go check it out i threw the other on in the other direction and the rest of the  ran over there to check it out. I  ran over to the door and put the bridge down i guess wasn't silently enoff and the guards ran over to me and told me to stop but i ran as soon as the bridge was down.
The guards ran after me go for those mountains you'll make it the guards will not go to the mountains i told myself once i made it to the point of the mountains the guards stop running and turned around and yelled “don't come back” the mountains the point that stops the light side from the dark side well here i go. The mountains is   the easy part just walk down the valley to the woods then the woods is the hard part once i got far enough i pitched my tent and started to sleep  when morning came i got up and found some rabbits for breakfast”. I left at daybreak and walk for a couple hours and i  was so thirsty when i was  walking i  heard something far ahead.
“Sir last night we had someone break out of the village and go into the  mountains” the chief seid …. “Sir sir your daughter she is not in her room you don't think that she left last night for her quest”said the maid . “guards it is a law to never leave i'm not going to break the law but this is my daughter and i want  your best men on it chief.”  “yes sir and do you think that she will find her out there”  “no i hope not.”
I walk down to the noise and  to my luck i found water i brought out   a can and some tin foil my dad taught me this trick to filter unclean water. After  i was done drinking i started to walk and the sun started to come down it must be wednesday the sun always goes down early on wednesday. I got a fire started which is probably is a bad idea because it makes me more able to be seen at night by predators and the townspeople could  see it but it is super cold last night so might as well stay warm. While i was sleeping i heard a rustling outside my tent i get my lantern the fire coals are still burning i go look out in the bushes where i heard the rustling i look and there is nothing there “who's out there” i say then i see two glowing eyes to the right of me i draw my sword “i'm not afraid of you”  “come out before i-”  “ok ok just put the sword down” what was this thing it was a german shepherd that can talk “why should i trust you and why do you talk” i said  “i'm spot” spot said  “i saw the light in front of your camp i was interested”  “ok now go you seen it now leave ”  i said “no no now it is my turn to ask you questions why are you so far out here” spot said  i ran away from home i am on a quest and that is all i can tell you” i said  “ok ok well do you know anything about the princess that ran away” i said  “no why”  “well here let me tell you the truth my village got burned down and my family died because of the guards who were looking for the princess who ran away” huh is family died all because of me and dad sent the guards to come looking for me “ok now let me tell you the truth i am the princess and i ran away because of my dad who lock me in my room” i said “ohh boo hoo your dad put you in timeout my family is dead all because of you” spot said “well if you're done with your sob story you can stay with me”i said “really you're ok with it”  “sure it is kinda lonely out here by myself ” i said “ok and one more thing put the sword down” spot said ohh yeah we've talked for so long i forgot to put it away  “well let's get some sleep we got to move in the morning if the guards are after us”.
The next morning i woke up and got a wild pig and by the time i got back spot was up and already waiting for me. We ate got packed up and we left for the woods we walked in silence for couple of hours when i heard talking above us “spot wait listen” we heard grown men laughing and singing “lets go lets go in the way of  the storm lets go lets go” “hide” i said we  found a bush a couple feet away “crap there on us” spot said “i know” i said we sat there for a couple more minutes and then we started to walk again. “So spot how are you able to talk anyway”   “well when i was a young pup i had a little pond that i liked  to go to one day it was just any other day i was at the pond and then out of nowhere a thick fog came and then a creepy laugh came and a sorcerer came and i guess he did not know i was there because he drop a potion on the ground and broke it on me and ever since that i have been able to talk.”  “well i think it is time to hit the hay”spot said “good night”i said  “you to” 
“Yawn wait where is she where did she go” spot said  wait maybe she getting breakfast. Ok it has been two hours since she came back... crap. I look outside and see footprints the size of fully grown men oh no drag marks of struggling well this only means two things either she got kidnaped or she broke her legs and big men saved her yeah she got kidnapped. well here goes to saving uhh what she never told me her name!

As spot ran back to the castle he found the walls and the drawbridge. he waited until the guards came back from patrol  and ran inside as they lowered the drawbridge. Ok time to go to save the princess so he ran to the castle “so here's the hard part,” I said as i walked to the castle i heard a scream. It was the princess so i ran into the castle. Tons of  people saw me but i just keep running. why aren't they trying to kill me? Then i realized that dogs were allowed in the castle. All i had to do is to figure out where she is so in the dungeon or her room. Nah they wouldn’t be dumb enough to put her back in her room. Yeah they would.
As i walk down the hall i heard the scream again.  Starting to run at once i came to the door.
i ask “princess are you alright”  “spot spot is that you” she said  “yes yes its me  im going to get you out of here ok” i said  “the door is locked do you know where a key is”i said  “yeah the general chef has one” she said    “ok i'll be right back” i said.  I ran down the hallway until i found the key in the general's pocket. he was sleeping on ground. why as i walked up to him i saw something coming out of him. wait he's dead. Then i saw a spear in his heart crap. it's the goblins they broke in the castle. But how?  they must of killed the guards. that means we have to leave now. I grabbed the key and ran to the princess's bed room unlocked the door and said
“we have to leave now”  she asked “why”  “because the goblins are here and are going to take over the castle so we have to run now” she didn't ask eneny more questions but just ran and i followed her and we had to jump over a few dead bodies but it was fin so we ran until we got out side then we saw a huge army of goblins. “ how in the hell are we going to do this” she said “hey watch your language” i said you can parent me lader nows not the time” she said  the she was wright no time.  The goblins were small but nasty creatures like the ones you see in you nightmares there greenish body and there huge teeth nasty claws and of course spears.
The princess slowly pulled out her sword but as soon as she pulled it out the goblins started to charge she said “follow me” she ran into the village and just sat there “what are we doing” i said “we're going to get killed” she shushed me and said “just watch” we watched a thousand goblins run past us when they were gone i asked “what was that” she said “they just wanted the castle”  “what why” i asked  “we have been at war with them for years” she said as we walked out of the village into the mountains “so all they wanted was a castle and they got it how did they just now get in”  “i don't know maybe they just saw you sneak in and they copied you” she said as we entered the point of the mountain we stop talking  for a while until we got to our base where she got kidnapped. “Wait  before i forget what is your name you never told me”   “ohh my name is  emma”   “ok” we packed up our tent and our food and we kept walking until we reached the point of the dark forest which was really dark “ready” i asked  her “ready”.
After  a few feet away she had to pull a flashlight out  we still could barely see. We walked for a couple more hours and the camp for the night or day we couldn't tell. we got a fire going and could see a lot more.  we could hear stuff watching us from the bushes behind us. she pulled her sword and killed a couple of squirrels the size of my face. The next morning we got up and walked for a couple more hours until we found a cave.
“this must be where the “dragon lives” she said
“wait dragon you never said anything about a dragon to me,” i said “you know that the dragon ca-” before i could finish i heard a huge roar and out came a huge dragon that was tall enough to be in the ocean and still have his head sticking out of the water.
“Dragon i'm not afraid of you” she yelled up at him
“i am” i said the dragon laughed “well you should be afraid of me because they put me here and they made me”
    “who made you?”  
“your kind just more advanced after they found your grandpa they put him on this island to make a colonially and they did not give them any of the tech they have in the real world you're just a test and still being tested” he said. before i could say anything his skin  fell of fand there was just metal “what do you think”  “now i'm going to teleport you back to the real world”  “oh and one more thing tell randy that the dragon is coming” he said before i could say anything a light came around us and then it all went black.
I woke up with spot next to me and we were lying on the beach i said “oh good it was just a dream”  “um i don't think so emma look that sing says we’re on the san diego beach”  “crap so we have no idea where we are” as i turned around away from the ocean i saw huge towers and then i say “ok let's go there” as we walked over there we heard tons of noise and saw the weirdest things giant robots and flying cars,hover boards,iphones 13s and hugh towers that would make you gasp “ok so now what do we do” asked spot “i guess find randy” i said “we should asked some people” i asked we asked a few people who just ignored us but then we found a guy who would tell us he said  “oh randy he is the famous inventor yay he lives in sacramento”  “ok how do we get there”i asked he said “just buy a car”  “how do we get one of those”  “with money”he said i said “we don't have any”  “well you can just borrow mine here just type in sacramento in to the gps and the car will fly itself” he said  “thank you” i said we followed him to his car it was really shiny the doors opened up and we got in we said our goodbyes and he was on his way he told me  “we will run into each other again i just know it” then we left i type it in then just sat in the back where spot was already asleep i just slept next to him.
When i woke up i saw we have landed wright next to a tower it had a huge sing on it that said  “welcome to the future”  we walked in and a lady sitting in the front desk i walked up to her and asked “is this where randy works”  “yes” she said  “ok can i see him” i asked “do you have an appointment”  “yes” i said lying  “ok then go up the elevator to the 100 floor and then take a left at the first hallway and his lab should be the last room”she said i left and i got in the elevator spot fooled me “i'm surprised dogs are allowed” spot said “yeah” i said as we got into the elevator the door closed behind us “welcome” the elevator said “what floor do you want to go to”  “it said the 100 floor” i said then in a blink of an eye we were at the top “wow that was quick” spot said we walked down to the last door and knocked.
And almost immediately the door opened and an robot the size of me came and said “hello my name is jeff how may i be in your service”  “jeff” a voice from another room called  “if its the fbi again tell them i'm not giving them the death ray” the voice said  “no sir it's not the fbi it's a visitor”jeff said   “oh ok tell them to come in” the voice said  “come in” jeff said we walked in and a guy walks out and tells us to sit on the sofa we sit and he asked ok what are your names i said “i'm emma and this is spot”  he said “i'm jeff where did you guys come from”   i said “we came from an island that was called um…. Oh yeah it was  top secret.”  “what you came from top secret the government closed that place down years ago” he said“yeah and we also came to tell you that the dragon is coming” i said.
The room went silent  “jeff trun on my sound proof walls”  “yes sir”  he started to talk “i built the dragon years ago he was just an lab test meant for stuff like war against other countries and for defense of missiles it was able to stretch its body around the whole united states and activated an force field that was impenetrable but i noticed that over the years the dragon would get bigger and have able to grow scales on its robot body and then it started to stop listening to commands and one day just quit and started to rampage around san diego because it wanted the rights of eney human not to be kept in a cage so i had to us my molecule teleporter to make a island and to keep the world's worst villains there and that is how you got there was becuase your great great great great great great great grandpa was one of the worst but he made a  castle to live in then more and more people started to come. The island was made of magnesium but with the power times ten  i also made it see through with so you would not see it.”
“So i have also been watching you guys with cameras around the island” he said       “i have seen it all and wright now the island is going crazy just look” he pulled out a small tablet and i saw the castle with the dragon and with my dads men fighting the dragon but it killing them left to right i could feel tears coming down my eyes and befor i know it i was bawling when is stop i asked “ok what do we do to stop the dragon”  he said “ you mean what you need to do i’m not going but all you need to do is go back to the island and kill the dragon with this” he pulled out a small little pill the size of my pinkey “ok easy enough” i said wait he said he pulled out an huge gun that was taller then me he said it was an mcmillan tac 338 it was huge gun with an tanish outline he said “just put the pill in the bullet and shoot the dragon anywhere would work but the place that works the best is the eyeball because the main chip is in the brain and if you hit the eyeball it will go right to the motherboard”  “wait why can't you do it” i asked  “do you see me i have no muscle carrying that gun i’m the brains you're the bron” he said    “you calling me stupid” i said    “no no sorry” he said defensively   “ok when are we leaving”i asked   “right now”he said   “wait wha-” before i could finish  a loud screech came  “hurry the dragon is trying to escape the dome go now” he said and then the light we saw back at the island and then it went black.
When we woke up we were on the cliff wright next to the gun i loaded the pill and put the bullet in the chamber and c***ed it back i look at spot “are you ready for this”  “as ready as i'll ever be” he said  “let's do this” i said i looked thru the scope and could see the dragon was trying to escape the dome i aim it at the eyeball and pull the trigger but the dragon moves and the bullet hit his neck  “crap” i said we started to run but the dragon chased us all the way until it was right above us “well well well look who decided to come back but just one thing it is not me you should be worried about the real dragon is the one you can trust the most”  the dragon said but out of know were it stop and started to drop and we ran but i jump at the last second and make it “spot we did it” i said he did not answer “spot spot where are you” i looked everywhere then realized that he was not with me when i jumped i lift the dragon's head and see his limp body sitting there not moving “spot no spot no you were too innocent” i said with tears coming down my face but out of know where the light came that and a bunch of men came and started to take me away “no no stop” i said  “well thank you” a familiar voice said “we had no way of telling you but that dragon was just trying to stop us from taking over the world” it was randy randy you son of an” befor i could finish one of the men put a gag on me so i could not talk then i got  knocked me on the side of my head and everything went black.
When i woke up i was in a room that was all glass i remembered what happened “ha how stupid are they”  i run at the glass and hit it it doesn't break what “well i guess we aren't that stupid after all “ i remembered that voice “what do you want randy”   “ i want to know what the dragon told you before we got there”  “he told me nothing” i lied i do remember what he said it's just i don't get it just and it keeps going on in my head “one thing it is not me you should be worried about the real dragon is the one you can trust the most”  “you know I can tell when you're lying right” he said  “it's ok I don't need you alive anyway well good bye” he said after he said that I could see spot in a heavenly place he was up there waiting for me am I dead I thought no I can't and when I look down I saw an electricity down there shocking my body I am dead i thought no I can't die who will stop randy I have to get down there but as soon as the electricity was over I was back in the room I pretended to be dead until randy opened the door and i grab him by the legs and throw him to the side of the room ran out and looked the door “no you can't do this to me I was going to make the world a better place” he said  “how is an world with no humans a better place” befor he could answer I turned on the electricity and killed randy.  I don't know what to do now because I can't go back home and  so I will just hide in the shadows until someone needs me like some kind of hero.