Hungry For Freedom

By WriteFreak SILVER, London, Other
WriteFreak SILVER, London, Other

"Everybody lies." - Hugh Laurie, House MD.

Summary:

Humans become terrified of monsters, resulting in their imprisonment on a far away land. 4 monsters who are outraged at this injustice start an organization to try and free themselves. With an athlete, director, lawyer, and neuroscientist, it's a wild twist with love, science, and drama.  Will monsters solve their dillemma? Or will they end up imprisoned forever?

Julia T.

Hungry For Freedom

on Sep. 23 2017 at 1:35 pm
WriteFreak SILVER, London, Other

Thanks @WolfWhisperer0911! To be honest, I actually wrote this when I was 9. Irl I'm 15.

on Sep. 19 2017 at 11:11 am
WolfWhisperer0911 DIAMOND, Crosby, Texas

"For I command you, be brave and steadfast! For the Lord your God will be with you whenever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack."- Unknown

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@WriteFreak Ok, here is what I have to say for just the two paragraphs. I actually like the diversity of the characters and that you gave each purpose a role of the story. But what I don't like, in my opinion, is that you use the first chapter to introduce the characters. What you are doing is that you are hitting with their background story in the reader's face which will make the reader satisfied. The first paragraph you wrote is almost like A Series of Unfortunate Events, which is a cool idea and I like that you did a warning which makes the reader curious, it was just the rest of the chapter. What I suggest is to have a little bit of information, like for instance who they are, and then add more about them along as the story goes. The plot is a little slow, which you can speed it up if you think through the story and delete some stuff that isn't necessary or to remove what you had. I like that you make the story about monsters, but what I want to know is what do you mean by the term "monsters"? Do you mean people with mythical descendant or or mythical creatures, or do they have mutations? To answer that question, it would be easy to have that explained by the main character in the first or second chapter. I hope my suggestion help you, I enjoyed reading the second chapter and I laughed at the end.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!