Zompocalypse | Teen Ink

Zompocalypse

May 17, 2016
By faith,lacy, Lafayette, Colorado
More by this author
faith,lacy, Lafayette, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Hanuka Matata


Author's note:

I was inspired by my love of fantasy nd zombies, along with my sence of adventure. 

The year is 2032, in the middle of a hot humid Colorado summer. It just had started, the start of the apocalypse survival of the fittest. It started off like any other day in Georgia, the sun was out and so were the people Carl Grimmos and his son Chuck were boarding the 2098 to Colorado, every summer Carl and Chuck went on a vacation since Chuck's mother had died of cancer 3 years back. After boarding the plane Chuck had an uneasy feeling about the flight.
“Dad..” said Chuck
“Yes?” replied Carl
“Dad I don't feel right, I have bad feeling about this pane.” worriedly said Chuck
“Well don't worry you’ve been on planes hundreds of time and this time nothing will be different I promise, now try to rest this ride will take a few hours.” Calmly relied Carl
As the plane took off Chuck finally got some rest, but as soon as he did he woke up in a panic, the plane had some turbulence. Right then the fasten seatbelt sign came on, just then the captain came over the intercom
“Excuse me passengers this is your captain speaking, we are experiencing some minor turbulence, but I assured everything is fine.” Chuck look worried at his dad and asked if they could not go, “Son, it is just turbulence nothing to worry about!” annoyingly sid Carl. One and half hours into the flight and things went bad to worst, down on earth the zombies begin to start, it started with just one, then other, people in the street eating each other and no one knew why. Back up on the plane no one knew what was happening, but just then one of the passengers began to feel sick. By now every airport had been shut down due to the circumstances, so plane 2098 was suspended in the air, the captain began trying to communicate to the landing tower to try to land, “ this is captain Emerson of flight 2098 are we clear to land?” no answer so he tried again “ I repeat this is captain Emerson flight 2098 are we clear to land?” and again no response the captain did not realize what was going on, on the ground. Back in the plane that sick passenger got worst he started throwing up, and coughing blood, so he went to the bathroom, about one hour later he never came back out off the bathroom, so his wife went to check on him, but little did she know he had turn. She knocked on the door no response so she knocked again but this time she got a response a growling grunt noise. She was worried so she opened the door just to see her husband dead but alive, she had no idea what to do her husband was trying eat her! As Carl saw this he grabbed a blunt object and began to bash his head in until he stopped moving, but the wife was bitten, she only had about thirty minutes left but they did not know that. The plane was running out of fuel fast and the wife was getting worst, they only had 15 minutes until the plane was out of fuel. “Excuse me passenger the plane is going down we are out of fuel please fasten your seat belt.” “Chuck fasten your seatbelt and hold on!”            Dad!” screamed Chuck. CRASH the plane had crashed somewhere in Colorado, everybody on the plane had died, Chuck and Carl, were injured but not dead, Carl got stabbed in the arm with a piece of scrap metal. 

 Carl and Chuck began trying to find the nearest town when just then they got stopped by a couple whose name were Gail Yang, and Maddie Goldburg, a nice couple who were planning to get married but, instead were stuck in zombie mayhem.
“Hey, I’m Gail, and this is my wife Maddie.” Said Gail
“Hi….” said Carl hesitantly
“Don’t worry we’re not gonna’ kill you we are just looking for refuge just like you.” Told Gail
“Yeah, Do know know where a doctor is?” asked Carl
“No all the hospitals are shut down, but there is this place where old town used to be, it is a refuge for people, and they have medical supplie there.” told Gail
“Do you know where it’s at?” asked Chuck excitedly
“No, but i heard there are signs that lead you to the town though.” replied Gail
“We would be happy to help you there.” said Maddie
Chuck looked up at his dad, then Carl replied yes and they were on there way.
Carl had just one more question for Gail
“Does this place have a name?”
Yes, It’s called Lexington.” replied Gail
They were off they knew that getting there would be like hell, but in the hope things would get better they kept going. Right then they’re first problem arose, a huge herd of zombies over 100 plus flesh eating bloody, walking corpses. They had no weapons the only weapons they had were the sharp metal spike stuck in Carol’s arm. They either had to find a new way or try fighting the herd to get through, just then Maddie remembered that the zombies track humans with sent so if they covered their smell they could easily walk through the herd. So they carefully lead 2 zombies away from the herd, and with a piece of bark stabbed both zombies in the head, and proceed to cut them open and rub their bloody intestines all over their bodies. This was disgusting the stench of it was like rotting fish mixed with manure it was horrific and they kept going a few minutes of gaging later they were all covered from head to toe with rotting flesh a guts.
Slowly linking arms they went through the crowd of zombies. Step by step they were looking at each face remembering that each zombie was once a human being, then Chuck in the distance noticed one zombie, he knew that zombie at one point it was his friend who had moved here a couple weeks ago. A few minutes later they were through the crowd a proceeded to Lexington, as approaching a sight with an arrow on it they heard what they thought were zombies approaching but in fact were other people. It was a group of people they had weapons they started shouting at Carl and them to lay on the ground, when doing so the made sure they had no weapons then proceeded to ask they a few questions.
“How many Zombies have you killed?” asked Chris the leader of the group
“None.” replied Gail
“How many people have you killed?” asked Chris again
“None.” said Carl
Now that they answered all the questions, they stood back up and Chris introduced his group,
“This is Neil, he is one hell of a tracker.”
“This pretty lady right here Kat and she is one hell of a shot, she can shoot a flesh eater in the head from miles away.”
Then Gail introduced all of his group to.
“I’m Gail and this is my wife Maddie.”
“Then this right here is Carl, and his son Chuck, we just met them.”
“What are you guys doing here?” asked Chris

“Well a few miles away our plane crashed and we were the only survivors, and we are just looking for some medical supplies to help with the metal in my arm.” Said Carl
“Where are you from, you dont sound from around here?” asked Neil
“We are fro“Hi….” said Carl hesitantly
“Don’t worry we’re not gonna’ kill you we are just looking for refuge just like you.” Told Gail
“Yeah, Do know know where a doctor is?” asked Carl
“No all the hospitals are shut down, but there is this place where old town used to be, it is a refuge for people, and they have medical supplie there.” told Gail
“Do you know where it’s at?” asked Chuck excitedly
“No, but i heard there are signs that lead you to the town though.” replied Gail
“We would be happy to help you there.” said Maddie
Chuck looked up at his dad, then Carl replied yes and they were on there way.
Carl had just one more question for Gail
“Does this place have a name?”
Yes, It’s called Lexington.” replied Gail
They were off they knew that getting there would be like hell, but in the hope things would get better they kept going. Right then they’re first problem arose, a huge herd of zombies over 100 plus flesh eating bloody, walking corpses. They had no weapons the only weapons they had were the sharp metal spike stuck in Carol’s arm. They either had to find a new way or try fighting the herd to get through, just then Maddie remembered that the zombies track humans with sent so if they covered their smell they could easily walk through the herd. So they carefully lead 2 zombies away from the herd, and with a piece of bark stabbed both zombies in the head, and proceed to cut them open and rub their bloody intestines all over their bodies. This was disgusting the stench of it was like rotting fish mixed with manure it was horrific and they kept going a few minutes of gaging later they were all covered from head to toe with rotting flesh a guts.
Slowly linking arms they went through the crowd of zombies. Step by step they were looking at each face remembering that each zombie was once a human being, then Chuck in the distance noticed one zombie, he knew that zombie at one point it was his friend who had moved here a couple weeks ago. A few minutes later they were through the crowd a proceeded to Lexington, as approaching a sight with an arrow on it they heard what they thought were zombies approaching but in fact were other people. It was a group of people they had weapons they started shouting at Carl and them to lay on the ground, when doing so the made sure they had no weapons then proceeded to ask they a few questions.
“How many Zombies have you killed?” asked Chris the leader of the group
“None.” replied Gail
“How many people have you killed?” asked Chris again
“None.” said Carl
Now that they answered all the questions, they stood back up and Chris introduced his group,
“This is Neil, he is one hell of a tracker.”
“This pretty lady right here Kat and she is one hell of a shote, she can shoot a flesh eater in the head from miles away.”
Then Gail introduced all of his group to.
“I’m Gail and this is my wife Maddie.”
“Then this right here is Carl, and his son Chuck, we just met them.”
“What are you guys doing here?” asked Chris
m Georgia.” replied Chuck
“Well than, we should get on our way daylight's burning.” said Gail
They are now on there way again trying to find Lexington before sundown or they would have to make camp in the woods. While they were walking they encountered a zombie herd again, then out of nowhere they heard gun fire from the distance and every zombie was shot dead in the head. Everybody was looking around trying to find where the gunshots came from, then out of nowhere appeared two people all in blood guts and camouflage for they would not be seen, they feel from the tree. Just then one of the member stepped in front, they undid their masks and is was a boy and girl, the boys was tall with an athletic build, and the girl was slim but could move like a cheetah of energy drinks, they were the perfect team.
Just then the introduced themselves to the group
“Hey I’m Jaxson and this is my partner Laura.”
“Hey, I’m Carl, this is Chuck, Gail, Maddie, Neil, Chris, and Kat.” replied Carl
“Where are you headed?” asked Laura
“To a town called Lexington, have you heard of it?” asked Chris
“Yeah we’ve heard of it, but there's one problem it got burned town just a few weeks ago by another rival camp it's run by a guy named zack.” told Jaxson 
“God damn it!” said Carl
“Now where am I gonna get this spike out out my arm, it's going to get infected.”
“Well Laura here was a doctor before this happened, and we have some antibiotics in my bag, she could help you with that.” said Jaxson
“Sure” said Carl
“Okay, lay down, Jaxson, Neil, and Chris hold him down, and Kat take Chuck away I don’t want him to see this, here big on this rag.” commanded Laura
“Ok this is going to hurt, a lot I’m going to pour some alcohol on it to serialize it, okay now one, two, three!!!!” yelled Laura
Carl let out a bloody, death yell, then it started to gush blood, right the laura had to give him stitches, Chuck starts to cry from hearing his dad in that much pain.
“You are gonna be sore but your not going to die.” said Laura
“Thhhaaank you so much.” said carl
 

No after they have rested for a while they had no idea where to go they were just walking, for miles on end they were slowly dying of dehydration they had no water for over two and half days. If they don't find food and water soon, they are going to die, after hours of walking they came upon a town, it was a ghost town no was there but they had a pharmacy, they broke in and started rampaging through it to see if there was food or water but there was nothing, only some painkillers which they took. After walking for now over three days, a sign of rain appeared, the clouds overhead were dark and the wind began to blow, this was a sign of joy now they could finally get water, so they opened their mouths and then the rain came down, like a waterfall from the sky, the rejoiced in the water.
After they were full of water they began to walk again, when they finally came upon a Rv, just left there in the road, they saw an opportunity and took, but they didn't realize it was a trap, the group that destroyed Lexington put it there to trap people and make them their so called slaves. Just them over fifty or so people surrounded them, they did not know where to go on on the leaders in the group told they to get down on their knees and wait for Zack to come out of the camper. When Zack finally came out he was carrying a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, and razor blades.
“Well I’m Zack and you see here I don't take kindly to those who try to take my things.
“Well…” Gail tried to say
“ Well see here you don't talk unless I say you talk OK?” said Zack
“Ok lets try this again, Im Zack and you tried to take my Rv, and see I don't take kindly to that so you are going now to be my slaves, you will get the food, search for home, and anything my group needs and if you don't comply you will be shot in the head.”
Everybody nodded
“Now to teach everybody a lesson, I will undeniably beat the living hell out of one of you, and if you cry, or yell you will be killed to with no hesitation, now do I have any volunteers?”
“No, okay now, lets see your a pretty one” Zack said as he touched Maddie’s hair
“No don't take her!!” yelled Gail
With no hesitation someone in the group hit Gail with a gun
“Now see he yelled so he got hurt, now none of you try anything like that, or god help you you all die.” said Zack
“OKay now since I have no volunteers we are going to do this the old fashioned way, by eeny meeny miney moe, let's start”
“Eeny, meeny miney moe, catch a tiger by its toe if he hollers let him go, my mama told to pick the very best one and you are not it.”
“Eeny meeny miney moe, catch a tiger by its toe of he hollers let him go my mama told to pick the very best one and you are not it.”
“Eeny meeny miney moe, catch a tiger by its toe if he hollers let him go, my mam told me to pick the very best one and you are not it.”
This happened until everybody was out except for one.
“Looks like it's your lucky day.” said Zack
Zack swung blood was everywhere
“Took that first hit like a champ!” he said
Zack kept swinging and swing and hitting these hits are more harder then the last blood was gushing, and everybody was crying, finally it was done.
“Now see if any of you disobey me you will get killed just like that, now leave until I call upon you.” Zack said before him and his group left. Once they had left everybody got up and ran to a dying Gail as he was choking on blood he managed to say, I love you too he baling wife Maddie, as he took his last breath.
As Gail lays dead, Maddie takes it upon herself to make a plan to get out of the town so that they can be free of Zack. Maddie makes a plan to leave Colorado and go to North Dakota, where they will be safe it will take them awhile but if they keep moving they will eventually get there. Maddie tells the group her plan they all agree and head  to North Dakota, as they are walking, Jaxson off in the distance sees one of the cars that a members of Zacks group was driving he makes a plan to attack his and take his car. Jaxson had no guns since they took them all but he a hidden knife in his boot, so one the guy got out of the car to go to the bathroom he was jumped. Jaxson dragged him to the road where he was going to kill him, but instead Maddie wanted to kill him.
“This is for my husband, you piece of crap!” yelled Maddie as she plunged the knife into the guy's head. They took the car and headed to North Dakota again, they have made it South Dakota before the car ran out of gas they would have to walk the rest of the way from here. As they started to walk, they had made it half way through South Carolina, just than Carl felt a sharp pain in his kidneys and wound from the scrap metal. 
“Dad are you alright?” asked Chuck
“Yeah, I’m fine just lets keep walking were almost there.” he replied
“Ok” worriedly said Chuck
They continued to walk and just right when they were about to enter North Carolina, Carl had collapsed in an intense pain.
“DAD!” yelled Chuck
But there was no answer
“Some one help!” he yelled
Laura came running over
“What happened?” she asked
“I..I don’t know he just collapsed” he said
Laura felt his heartbeat it was subtle but it was still there, then she opened up his shirt and saw, the wound is infected it had turned black and purple.
“Oh god help him!” she said
“Now Chuck he doesn't have much time the infection has spread to his heart, it looks like he has not been taking care of it.” she told Chuck
“DAD! NO! Dad please don't leave you're all I have please don’t die, dad please!”
“Son, don't worry you have a new family now, you have kat, Maddie, Chris, Neil, Jaxson, and Laura, now you go, go and start a new life with them and don't turn back, you hear me?” he managed to say
“DAD, NO” he said
“Son just remember I'll be with your mom, and I...I Lovv.” he could not finish
“DAD” he cried
“He’s gone” Laura said
Maddie walked over to Chuck.
“Come on Chuck your dad would have wanted us to get there lets go.” she said
“I don't want to leave him!” he said back
“I know it hurts now, but we have to go, we’re not safe yet.” she told him
“Ok.”
They had started to walk again Chuck cried the whole way there, it was dead silence no one wanted to talk since the reason they all had met was now dead, lying cold in the streets. It has been two weeks and they were still walking not knowing where to go, and what they were going to find, but for certain was that they were going to live. A few days later and near death in the heat of summer, they had seen of in the distance a town, they started running, towards, this place was called, Hope a town in the middle of nowhere. Once they had finally made it, they people welcomed them with open arms, and feed them and cared for them, they have finally found it, they found a place, a place called home. The Lesson to learn is this story is that now matter how bad things may seem, or how bad you just want to give, remember it always gets better, even if you don't see it, it will, you need to pick you head up, and look towards the future never the past, because things always get better.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.