The Worst Six Months of My Life | Teen Ink

The Worst Six Months of My Life

May 4, 2016
By Macgyver, springville, Utah
More by this author
Macgyver, Springville, Utah
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

this was done in school for an assinment 


The Worst Six Months of My Life
The first day of what I could remember was normal. I had been the test subject in an experiment.  This experiment was going to give me super strength, speed, and the ability to fly.  For all I knew I was the only person with this kind of power. They gave me this power to protect the world if it came to that, they also told me that I might start to get new powers over time so I went to bed that night thinking about that. My name is James Harper.
There was no telling what I could do with my power, could I really stop something something that  I didn't know let alone something they didn't know?  The next day was the day that we started to train so that I could control my new powers. It was really hard training but they said the more I do this, the better it will be for me. The day was over and I started to walk home when I heard a woman screaming so I went towards the source and found her lying on the ground dead.  I wish I could have gotten there faster, but it was too hard. I had the worst headache I had ever had.  I went home and started to think about what I could do for the world.
For the next two weeks I would be training to control my powers and to help me prepare for what was going to happen to the earth.  The training I went through was first, extreme weight lifting. I was lifting three hundred to six hundred pounds and we did it for two hours straight.  The next training was running. I had to run eight hundred miles, then after I ran I had the headache again.  Next was flight, I had to stay in the air for three hours, then I had to fly with a plane at the same speed, and then I had to go even faster.  Then I got to go home.
The two weeks of training was over and I could control my powers, but I was starting to discover new abilities like being super smart and the ability to absorb almost all kinds of energy and power then sending it at targets and I was still discovering things about myself and what I could do. The general that was over looking the tests and procedures came up to me and said.  “You’re doing well we need you to stay for another month or so  to find out more about you and your new powers.”
“Okay. I want to be able to help the world,” I said. 
“Goooooooood,” said General Lupus. then out of nowhere a missile blew up the building that the general was in and a ton other random people that performed tests on me. Then I saw three more missiles coming for the base, so a jumped up and smashed one of them. There was still two more of them. I was just about to get up when out of nowhere a girl with the same abilities as me smashed one of them so I jumped up and smashed the fourth one it almost blew up the lab and it could have gave anybody the powers that the girl and I had.
I walked up to her and asked her, “What is your name?”
“My name is Jenna,” she said.
“Okay, are you going to help me with the problems that are coming to earth?” I asked.
“Of course I will help you, that's why we have powers, right?”She said.
“First we need to see if anybody's in the wreckage,” I said as I lifted up a giant concrete pillar and threw it behind me.
I heard a voice say, “Help, help, somebody help me.”
I started to dig my way through the wreckage and found the lead scientist lying there with a metal bar in his leg.
“This might hurt a bit,” I said when I broke the bar from concrete that was connected to it.
“Thank you so much for saving me,” he said.
“It's not a problem to help, is anybody else alive in here?” I asked.
“ I don't think so, I think I'm the only survivor.” he said.
“Okay let's get out of here,” I said with him in my arms walking out of the building as it collapsed behind me.
I called an ambulance to come get him to the hospital so they could get the bar all the way out of his leg because I don't think I would be qualified to help with something like that.  When the ambulance got there I carried him to the ambulance and put him in with the doctors and they took him to the hospital to operate on his leg.  I went back to see what Jenna was doing and she was sitting there crying.  I sat down and asked what was wrong and she said that Lupus was her father and that she had never wanted him to take the job but when he said that I could have the powers I said let's do it and I have been all aboard the entire time since. 
“My father has been a little bit crazy since my mom died. After she died, he started to go crazy. He would stay at the base all night and he wouldn't come home for a week or so then he would come home and sleep for a day or two so it has been hard but i'm happy that I can make a difference in the world,” Jenna said, still crying. 
Then I had decided that I need to help the world and we need to stop whatever is coming before it got to earth so Jenna and I went to the hanger and found a spaceship so we got on a spaceship and flew to where we needed to go and started the most difficult adventure we would ever go on in our life. We needed to defeat every creature that came to destroy us. This would have to be the hardest mission we could ever go on it will be impossible to win.
The first thing we needed to do was see if they would make peace with us so I sent a translation to the alien ship saying, “Would you be willing to let us aboard to talk about a safe solution to your problems,”
“No, we will never make a peace treaty with any being that could potentially harm our kind,” the alien leader said.
“Does that mean that you will attack our planet,” I said with an edge in my voice.
“Yes, we will destroy all life on your planet,” he said angry at me now.
  I said angry and scared, ”Well we will stop you. You can't destroy all life on earth. Why are you all the sudden so angry towards us we have never done anything to you?” I asked, aggravated.
He came back with a transmission saying, “I want to destroy all life to make it so my kind will stay safe.”  He will destroy my planet and my home so I left and went back to earth to get prepared to protect the earth. 
The next day the invasion started. They were nine foot tall blue lizard like creatures, but the first wave of them were easy to take care of.  The second wave was much harder they were bigger stronger and were most definitely smarter so I had a plan i'd let Jenna attack them and if she did well against them I would leave to destroy all the ships flying around.  She was doing really well against them but she wasn't doing well enough so I went in and started to help her it was a crazy battle but we won.
I said to Jenna, “We need to go and destroy the ships that are dropping the aliens off.”
“Okay let's go,” she said. 
We flew to the closest ship and we started to destroy it when we had destroyed it we left flew it into the ocean on to the next one.  The next three of them were really easy to destroy but the ones after that got a lot harder they were bigger, stronger and we were exhausted there would be no possible way to beat them they are way too powerful way to hard to defeat the only way we would be able to defeat them would to destroy the biggest strongest ship, aka the mothership we did that we would win the war against them.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.