What Lies Only Is Revenge | Teen Ink

What Lies Only Is Revenge

April 7, 2016
By Jasmine_Lopez, pilesgrove, New Jersey
More by this author
Jasmine_Lopez, Pilesgrove, New Jersey
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The pain of the whip is unbearable. It slashed through my skin making me scream with each slashed brought down. The old scars of the slashes deepen even more making new ones. I could feel my blood trickle down my back and onto my sides. I kept counting down the slashes the guards gave me. They would always go over the amount of slashes needed. I could feel as though my whole back was on fire. This was my life as a prisoner and there was no one that will ever help me. I knew that the more I resist the more harder the slashes are. You can even hear my whole screams all of the way to Cannonville. Us prisoners live in an island where we are separated from the world. We know that we will never be free. Some of us are here for our crimes . But I'm here because I was framed for a murder that I didn't commit. The people blame me for the death of the king of Araenia. The funny thing is that my execution is only in 10 days and the guards are basically already killing me. All I want is justice. You may say that I may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyone who would have frame me would have wanted to get rid of the Princess of Araenia. My dad was the king and I'm supposedly the killer. All I want to do right now is fight for the death of my father and get revenge. I want to clear my name for I am innocent.




The pain on my back was hurting so bad but I had to be strong and not show them that I'm that weak spoiled princess. There are many things that they don't know. The fact that they believe that I'm some spoiled brat who murdered her father for the crown. The guards, the government and the other people believe that I'm not strong since I'm a female. They Believe that I'm those girly princesses that have tea parties, who love spending money on dresses and shoes. I'm just different from all those princesses. I wonder who will be ruling my kingdom. I know that whoever framed me wanted me to be out of their way of getting the Crown. The person who killed my father will regret even thinking of planning to murder him. He was a kind and strong leader who supported the poor and orphans. Even though we had arguments of me getting married to someone who would be able to rule by my side I still adored him. But I didn't want to get marry to someone who would just marry me for the throne. I wanted someone to treat me as their equal and love me for me and not that one princess who gets what they want. My father and I promised that we will keep my skills a secret. He got me a personal trainer who was going to teach me how to fight and be strong. Mr. Reed was never easy on me. Every time his training got easy, he would make it even harder for me to make me strong. He showed me how to disimulate my skills and made me one of the biggest actor. Mr. Reed would advice me how to keep my emotions to myself and would make me practice my fake cries to show how weak I was. He was helping me look like a helpless girl who couldn't defend herself but when time came I would reveal my true skills. Now is the time where I will use my skills to plan my escape and avenge my father's death.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.