Nana (sci-fi) | Teen Ink

Nana (sci-fi)

March 30, 2016
By Tinyelephant, Springville, Utah
More by this author
Tinyelephant, Springville, Utah
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

My inperation to writing is boredness and what I want my future to be. I right much better during the summer because I have time, and I dont have to worried about finishing my math homework.

In a planet called ‘Oykot’, there  lives mysterious creatures. They are the Fijis. These creatures are categorized as females, only females. There seems to be no males on this planet. Fiji's are born like flowers, literally. The flower they are born out of are called Amethyst flower. They are not those really pretty purple flowers, they are amethyst crystals made into a flower shape. They look up at the great powerful force ‘white light’, they aren't all that creative because they don’t know much about it.

The Fijis have different body proportions. They all are special in their own way. Fiji's have big long beautiful owl looking wings. The wings change colors depending on their mental age. If they are wise the brighter the color is, if they are not so wise, they darker the wings are. And only one of them out of 100 of this endangered creature, has dark wings.

It’s Nana. Nana was born on the side the sun hits the most. Normally they are born on the darker side. But that wasn’t the case for Nana. She is more, how do I say this, childish.  Nana doesn’t have anyone looking up at her except for, Toulouse. Her angel like, pet. We don’t know how they look but we kind of have a mindset of what they look like. That is how it is with Toulouse.

“Nana, you have disappointed me again. I just don’t know what to do with you. I gave you Toulouse to help you stay focused and keep you out of trouble” ,The great and powerful says in Its booming voice. But Nana, she wasn’t paying attention. She was too busy playing with a stratus. In other words, for us that would be a butterfly like creature. Just scarier and with a lot more hair. “ Nana, are you paying attention to me”? The great and powerful asked.

Nana Still doesn’t pay attention. The great and powerful sighs, “take her to the Downlow, she needs to get a lesson. Take Toulouse with her, he also needs to get a lesson. Biting his legs isn’t healthy for him, or his diet.” The great and powerful says, while looking at Toulouse biting his leg. Both clueless of what is going to happen they just smile like a pair of two idiots.

When they got there, they observed the place. It’s supposed to look like hell for normal citizens of Oykot, but for Toulouse And Nana, it was a whole different planet, and it was. Pink fluffy paradise. Other creatures live there. There were flying cactums and humabirds. Those ones that are supposed to be birds but they have human legs. The place was filled with creatures that really don't deserve to be there. Not everyone was hippie about this place. For example, the butterflies from earth, Nobody really knows how they got there, but they are just there. Just eating creatures fingers.  There also is the Lachowski's. They are the ones that steal your heart. There also all you want in a soul-mate. On earth, Lachowski is the last name of a really attractive model. They will be the dangerous ones in this story, so you  should remember that.

“Hello pretty lady, you must be new. I am Francisco, What your name?” The mysterious face asked Nana.

But Nana was paralyzed of such beauty. She couldn’t get enough of what she was looking at. Such a masterpiece

“H-hi, I am Nana” She said shyly pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

Francisco and Nana ended up talking for years. The next decade, Nana woke up under a beautiful blossom tree beside Toulouse. Francisco was nowhere in sight, but she could hear his voice.

“Get whatever you can out of her. She doesn’t seem as smart as what I thought.” She heard from above her.

Nana looked above her. She knew there was somebody there but she just couldn’t see. Out of nowhere, It’s like she can look right through the tree branches.
They turned invisible. She could now see who was up there. Is was Francisco and what looked like an ostrich, giraffe and some sort of fish. She was shocked ‘this is just a dream, this is not possible.’ That when Toulouse wakes up.
“It's time for you to discover your powers, it's about time,” Toulouse said, that's the first time Nana ever heard Toulouse. She throws her hands hand’s up in the air and yelled.
“What is the meaning of life?”. Nobody seemed to notice but Toulouse.

She was trying to hear what they were saying. All of a sudden, everything they are saying comes in her ears like echos.

“You have until tonight, you can't back out,” she hears. She is so confused, asking herself what the meaning of life is.

“Nana this is your quest. You have to save our planet. Only you can, nobody else has these powers that you are developing. I know you can Oykot. We know you can.” Toulouse said, did the peace sign and magically disappeared. Nana just stared in disbelief, she really didn't know what is going on.

She heard the branches move and she immediately went back to ‘sleeping’. She felt him land on the floor. She felt the vibration on her back. She could hear every step he made, every inched he moved.
Nana fakes waking up and she looks straight at Francisco. “Bad morning fireball meteors hitting earth” Francisco said. Nana forgets about Francisco’s weird conversation with that… thing.

“Aw you’re so cute!” Nana blurts out, later on regretting it. “I know I am pretty hot, But you’re not bad yourself” Francisco laughed. Nana just blushed like crazy. Right after he said that, Nana’s eyes see a red target on Francisco. She didn’t know what that meant but let me tell you a little secret, that means that he was lying.

‘Wait what, you stupid narrator, That's so not what that means’ Nana magically talks through some sort of telepathic power. Nana how do you not know what that means?

‘Ugh just whatever, keep narrating your stupid story!’ Nana yells at me, somehow.

Nana And Francisco walk around the cherry blossom trees, when she sees that same creature that was with Francisco earlier.

“Oh look it is some sort of animal” He said, the creature started to make some noises, that soon turned into words for Nana.

Hey Nana, he isn’t the nice one here be careful. ‘Hey narrator I think he isn’t
the nice guy in the story, can you spoil the movie for me?’
No Nana, you know I can’t. I would be spoiling the story for the other reader.
Nana could understand everything, She just acted like she didn’t.

After Nana heard the whole conversation with that weird thing, they walked off to Grey River. Nana was now scared of him to the point where she had a plan to make him disappear forever. But she didn't want that.

She ran to the river to take the beauty of it,  “Don't get too close” Francisco yelled from behind her.

She wondered why not she knows how to survive in air. “Why” she questioned him.

“Because then, I , would be able to push you in it!” He yelled and pushed her in with a real hard push, almost seeming like he didn’t care the consequences about what happens to Nana.

Nana cut herself by accident on the arm with a Glassflowers. Blood was gushing out her shoulder. She just stared up at Francisco, now knowing his intentions were different than just fooling around.

Francisco’s evil laugh boomed louder and louder while we flouted in the air. He look up at her. 
Nana felt like crying, but she holded it in. That is when her black dark wings come out. Her eyes turn completely dark. The wings extended wider than they naturally should have. They had less than 10 white feather on the bottom. Her short black hair glowed white. Her hands flared with lavender glow.

Francisco looked at how her transformation made her look like some earth anime doll. He didn’t look scared.

With all his power, he uses both arms to dig her down under the river but, It was a portal. A partial to Oykot Nana looked invincible. She Still had that smile on her face will she entered the dimension where nobody seemed to prace her. Nana Laughed at how silly Francisco was acting thinking he could defeat her. Francisco still kept pushing.

He stopped exhausted, But Nana seemed perfectly fine. Francisco used his powers to lift up all the Glassflower under him. He holds them still. Nana put a scared look on her face. Now she was truly scared.

Francisco Throws them with all his force to Nana. Nana Thought she was dead right in that instant. As she covers herself with her wings, some sort of power protects her.

While Nana protects herself, Francisco starts floating towards the great and powerful.

Nana turns weak and exhausted. She couldn’t regain herself. She falls into the dirt, making the dirt make a huge wave of itself go up, and then crashing down slowly.

Everybody seemed to notice what Francisco was about to do. They all knew that Francisco was going to let the great and powerful’s light, out loose.

Francisco thought he could get away with it. When suddenly, Toulouse comes out of nowhere out of the ground. He tries to attack Francisco but he was too late. When the great and powerful's light went off, there was nothing to do. No single soul could have undone this moment. ‘It’ was Ariana Grande.
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.