Deathly church | Teen Ink

Deathly church

By Losutus_soul BRONZE, indianapolis, Indiana
Losutus_soul BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Author's note:

I love fan

It is July 29th 2008. I have been waiting for months for the money to buy a scythe for halloween. I finally ordered the scythe and now it will arrive today. It will arrive before school starts thankfully, so I can show all my friends the day I get it. When I see the UPS truck arrived I am excited. It has been a long time since I have gotten something from online. So I don’t know how good of condition it is. in When the UPS truck stops he walks up to me and asks me to sign the paper. Showing that I received the package. After signing it I wait for them to leave before I unbox my prop. As soon as I put it back in the box the bus arrives. So I put the box in my bag, hoping I don’t have to leave it at home. On the bus I hear screams, which is usual on this bus. Most of my schoolmates are pretty noisy… But that doesn’t bother me much. I don’t care as long as they don’t bother me.
When I get to school I do the usual routine, go get breakfast eat it then head to class, but today was different. I actually talked to people before class actually started. After finishing our group work. Me and my friends start talking about what they think my scythe looks like. Even I wonder as, I didn’t fully see it I only saw the blade of it. It seemed to be polished recently, the old owner must have really loved it if they polished the prop.
Soon class had ended and I head to the next one. Barely making it in time, I wonder how the prop could be so heavy. I always made it a minute earlier then the bell. I sit down at my seat next to some people I know will actually do the work. I was kind of getting tired, probably because I woke up early to get ready in time to see the package as it arrived. Looking around I wondered why no one else was talking. Then I realized we had a substitute. The worse one in the district in fact. There were tons of rumors about them, giving people detention just for looking away from them. I didn’t believe them but I didn’t want to find out if it was just a rumor. I wished the class would end shortly. So I wouldn’t have to look at his face. Where I can see a scar across his face. As soon as class is over I run to my next class. as it is even farther than this one.
Seeing as I get there late I sigh and enter without having to get a tardy pass, As they know how I am late to this class only this being on the complete other side of the school. Not to mention the school is almost a whole block big. So they know to expect this from me, I have been trying to get a motor scooter for this reason. I always hated this class either way, As it has the meanest teacher in the school, not to mention the creepiest. They always look at me weirdly, but I try to put that in the back of my head. I wonder if it has to do with all the scars I have from my obsession with bladed weapons. Time flies by as I listen to music doing my work, it was as if it was only 20 minutes long. As soon as I get home I throw my bag on my bed and take out the box holding the scythe, to get it past the metal detectors. ( it was a jammer box, it blocks metal detectors from seeing the metal inside the area of effect. ) I open the box using my handy box opener, This is the first time I am using it because I almost never get boxes. After I open the box I cut the plastic open with the scissors I have, it is strange how much packaging techniques were used on this. But I don’t care, I quickly move all the foam away to reveal a note. I throw the note behind me ignoring it, thinking it being instructions on how to put the scythe together. But I already know how to do that, so I didn’t have to read any instructions. Just as I am about to get the scythe out from all the packaging I get called to do my chores, just my luck I have to wait to see what I bought. AGAIN. I do my chores to my best ability, with haste they are done quickly. I return to my scythe and dust it off to make sure there are no other fingerprints. After taking it out I put it together slowly as not to damage any parts by putting them in wrong. As soon as I am finished, I put on the matching costume I custom tailored with the help of my sister. It is the perfect cloak for a demon knight like the grim reaper, making me love it even more is the skeletal rings that my sister gave me for halloween. I know I won’t wear make up just to look better, but I already think this look suits me, as I am pretty pale already. It only suits me to wear a dark cape that highlights my eyes. They are naturally red, due to a genetic disorder. I personally love it when people find out they aren’t fake , as painful as it is. I love seeing the surprised faces. I soon get the cloak on and put the scythe in the special slot I made for it, That fits it perfectly. Even though I will most likely hold it all night, a holder for it is nice. I walk out, as it getting late and I want to see what I look like in the dark. I look in a mirror in the darkened garage, and all I see are the red eyes and the shining scythe blade glowing in the moonlight. This even freaks me out a little, but it even thrills me. I am allowed to take real scythes out during halloween, as of there is no law against it as it is a farming tool. Knowing halloween is months away, I put the scythe away. When I wake up again I don’t know where I am, Probably cause I don’t know I am still asleep. I see all these desert like lands, cracked ground and dead bodies. This is usually the template for a battle dream, but something is different I hear the corpses talking and even see things flying around me. I wake up sweating, knowing this is real as the alarm clock is going off. I get up and do the same routine as I do every day. But something in the back of my mind knows something is different, my teacher doesn’t look at anyone all through class. Not even calling on a single person, just writing on the board. I know that they have never done this ever, as I have always been in this teachers class. Something was wrong today, and I had to figure it out on my own. First the dream, now the teacher is being weird. I head straight to the library after school, and grab some of my favorite books. I also grab a book on demonology to see info on what ghosts are like. I quickly find out what I need to know, the things coming out of the bodies weren’t ghosts. So I have no clue on what they are at all. They must be something I imagined, there is no other explanation. But just in case I rent the book out, to read about others. I read all day till dinner, in which we have my favorite. They only make this when they know I am stressed about something. I tell them about my dream and they can’t even explain it. I just try to forget about the dream, but it won’t fade at all. It was like my mind wanted me to remember this. That night I dreamt I was in the same field, but this time the scythe was in the middle. But it was just out of my reach, and I couldn’t move. It was strange, something was going wrong with me and I didn’t know what. I wake up and drag myself out of bed, it is still in the middle of the night. So I make some warm milk and try to go back to sleep, but I can’t. I stay up and read more about demons, it being the first thing I see when I woke up. I get ready for school when I notice everyone else is up, and act like I wasn’t up all night. When I get to school the same thing happens again, and I know something is going on now. I skip that class and hide out of the door sight, and as soon as I check inside I see the teacher has a third eye now and I hide under the window of the door as not to be seen. I sneak away to be unheard, then break into a run to the school office. I see all the teachers look different, and I wonder what is happening. What the hell is going on in this school right now? I think running out of the school and to home. I slam the door shut and lock it and notice no one except my parents are home and they seem normal. They ask me what happened and I say I got dropped off cause I got sick in class. They believe me as they see how much I am sweating and how hard I am breathing which is the symptoms I get when I am sick.

This book has 1 comment.

on May. 2 2016 at 9:23 am
Trinity_Ackerman BRONZE, Plymouth, Maine

idk~Unknown

Wow this was amazing