among the expiriments | Teen Ink

among the expiriments

By robotlix, oceanside, California
robotlix, Oceanside, California

i am steel. i am wrath. i am the mercy of the emperor.

Author's note:

i love writing mangas and watching anime so me and my friends started this one.

it only in beta guys dont judge to much yet

“Sir the test subjects escaped!” yelled a man in my old room. I was scared what was happening. A man with a black beard was carrying me through the hallway of doors and passages. It reeked of bleach and chlorine. “Listen you are no longer test subject “0236” your name is noguno Mori and you have a gift which should not be used so gradually”, said the man. “Wait where am I and where are we going?” I asked in shock of what he is telling me. “Look I can’t tell you now but I can explain everything later when we’re safe, ok?” he said in a quick and comforting voice. I nodded in approval and I got down from him and started following him. Then BANG I heard a shot being fired at us from down the dark hallway. I looked back and I saw the man with the beard fall with a heavy thud. Then he yelled at me “don’t stop running, nekra and koriko will find you they…” he fell silent and still. “WHAT WILL THEY DO?!” I yelled at him. No, I need to keep running like he told me make it to somewhere safe. “Sir we got him!” yelled a voice behind me. I just kept on running till I found a rusty old door.
What was I going to do open the door and see what happens or go back to my old cramped room. Then I thought of the man and what he told me. I decided I would open the door and see the place outside this door. I opened the door slowly and quietly. Suddenly a bright flash of light hit me… when my vision cleared up I was inside an alley “where am I?” thought aloud. I started walking to the street. I then saw plenty of people just walking by with their kids, or walking by themselves. But then they all started staring at me. “What are you guys staring at?” I asked not knowing what they were recording with their phones and women laughing. I looked down and remembered that I wasn’t wearing any clothes… so as quickly as I ran out to the street I went back into the alley.
“How did I not notice myself not wearing any clothes?” I yelled out loud. I heard a little giggle outside the ally… scared that they might see me in the nude, so I hid behind a trash can. “Who's there?” I asked in a scared tone. “Look I’m here to help, what’s your name?” the female voice asked. “Depends is your name nekra or koriko because I’m scared what either one might do.” I said in sort of a whisper. “I don’t know any of those people but my name is evelyn.” The voice replied. “How are you going to help me?” I asked. “Well I have clothes for you for starters and also I’ll let you stay at my place for a while or as long you don’t trash my home.” She said implying a joke. “Ok, but can you please hand me my clothes first?” I asked with a smile. As she handed me the clothes not peeking hopefully but still it was pretty embarrassing. She gave me a plain black t-shirt and some khaki pants, with a sort of black and tan shoes. “Are you ready?” she asked with a sort of relieved facial expression. “Yeah let’s go.” I said calmly.
As we walked out of the ally I was surprised to see the world now, at least with everybody not staring at me. There were buildings that were huge; there were cars with no tires, and people riding skate boards with no wheels. It was a whole new world for me. “Come on it's getting dark, we have to hurry home dinner is almost ready!” she yelled at a distance. So I started running with her then I started noticing how beautiful she was. She had dark brown hair, she had light blue eyes, and she was fit for her age. Then she stopped and started walking up into a house. “This is where I live, like it?” she asked. I nodded in agreement, the house was humble, it was made of stone, and a wood roof. It had a chimney. As I walked inside a dog started barking at me it was a small thing. “Stop barking this is our guest, sorry that’s my dog Ares.” “Well make yourself at home take a shower if you want, and when you come down dinner will be on the table.” “Thanks but where’s the bathroom?” I asked. “Upstairs second door to the left and your room is the last room to the right.” She said. “Ok thanks.” I said while walking to my room. As I opened the door to my room it had the smell of pineapple and hibiscus, my bed was cozy, and I had a desk with a closet, I even had a lamp.
So I took off my clothes and started walking to the shower. The restroom was big it had a tub and shower combo, and the sink was pretty. Suddenly there was someone inside the restroom with me. He did all the same moves as I did, when I reached to touch him there was some sort of wall blocking him from me, he had black hair and silver eyes, he had fangs sticking out of his mouth, only 2 though, he was fit and conditioned. I yelled because I was so freaked out by him. “WHAT HAPPENED!!!” ellie yelled. “There’s a man in here who does whatever I do and he won’t stop! “I yelled in a scared voice. “That’s a mirror it is you, it’s like a picture of yourself but it does whatever you do, wait… you never saw yourself?” she asked. “No I never saw myself ever; I never had a mirror in my old home.” I said relieved. “Oh ok… well dinner is on the table ready for you to eat.” She said. After getting dressed I went down stairs and there was a stew in a bowl. As I looked closer it had potato, beef, carrots, and onions. There was a note on the table, it said, “Hey I know you are wondering where I am right now, well I’m at work and I’ll be back by 10:00 tonight. Make sure you don’t destroy the house-Evelyn,” I thought for a moment what she meant but I ignored it. Well anyway I started exploring the house.
First I explored the kitchen, then just the downstairs area. Then I went upstairs to see the rooms I never saw. There were so many of them, the house even had an attic with a bunch of weird things from the 21st century. I heard a knock at the door, I thought it was ellie, but it was only 9:18… I went down stairs and reached for the door handle. “Hello?” I called through the door. “Hey who are you, and this is arthur, I’m ellie’s friend.” The voice said. I opened the door; the man was in his late twenty’s he had blonde hair and brown eyes. “Want to come in?” I asked. “Sure bud, so who are you though?” he asked. “I am noguno mori, I am evelyn’s guest for tonight, she took me In I was in an ally and she gave me clothe and a room for me to sleep in.” I said. “Wait YOU’RE THE GUY FROM YOUTUBE WHO HAD NO CLOTHES ON!!!” he yelled and started laughing. “Wait what do you mean? “I asked. “Here just watch this.” He said while handing me a phone. Then I saw it all… I was so embarrassed people all laughing and pointing while I was there in my birthday suit. “DAMMIT!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. “By the way buddy want to serve me some of that stew?” Arthur asked. “HOW CAN YOU THINK OF STEW WHILE I WAS EMBARRASSED IN FRONT OF A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!” I yelled in anger.
Well after some arguing I asked him where he was from. He was a war veteran and he showed me his robotic arm that has a very cool combat knife inside of the wrist part of it. “Hey noguno, I’m home hope you didn’t…”she paused suddenly. “Hey ellie I’m back from the war…I wanted to call you and let you know but I had to go immediately.” He said with a smug grin on his face.  Well there were a lot of tears coming from evelyn’s face as if she was upset at him for not calling her. He said sorry and things got awkward after that. But then we all hung out at ellie’s house and me and arthur became very good friends. “Well… I had a good day so far out here I have my first 2 friends.” I said after finishing a third bowl of stew.

not quite finished yet tho so more will come out

“Step forward experiment number 0236” said the intercom on the wall. I walked forward slowly because I was scared. As I entered the small room I smelt the smell of chlorine, and the smell of danger. It was a small room with blood stains of something. I was scared, it was dark and creepy. Suddenly I heard something running.  It was squealing like a mad child who saw his mother die in front of him. “BREEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH” the thing yelled at me. Then out of shadows came a massive boar-man thing. Its eyes were like red embers in the night; its tusks were massive and sharp like 2 massive butchers knives. Its teeth were the scariest thing, they were blood stained. I tried to scream but nothing would come out. Then I got a burning feeling in me, “I can’t… I don’t want to…” “BREEEEEEEE” the monstrosity screamed at me. It swung its giant club at me and hit me in the ribcage. I fell with a hard thud against the wall I slowly got up and stared at the thing that was about to kill me.
Suddenly there was a cloud of smoke, green smoke. The wear boar stared in disbelief. “Koriko, Protect him while I kill the damned Animal!” Yelled a voice in the distance, it was a male voice. “Got it Nekra But hurry up I’m getting tired here!” yelled a second voice. I saw suddenly zaps of lightning; it hit the boar in the chest 2 times. “BREEEEEEEEEEE” the monstrosity yelled at the man. The thing charged the man; the man had a blue mohawk and gills on his neck. The second man had purple hair and was a wearing a dark purple jacket. The man with the mohawk jumped and kicked the man boar to the green gas cloud. The man boar fell and stayed on the ground lifeless. “Brother are you hurt?” asked the man with the mohawk. “Yeah the stupid thing hit me with his club… but I’ll be ok.” I responded.  Then lights switched on, people with lab coats went in, also people with guns went in and started grabbing the 2 people who saved me. “NOOOOOOOOO”I yelled in dismay. Suddenly I awoke in cold sweat.
I looked around I was in my room, Ares the dog stared at me. “Hey Ares how are you doing? “I asked the dog staring at me. It yawned and put its head down. “Yeah I had a rough dream too.” I said to the dog. I got up and started walking down stairs. “Morning Evelyn how did you sleep?” I asked as I sat on the table. “I slept fine noguno, how did you sleep?” “I had the dream again; it’s terrible it feels like I can’t escape that dream... I also never remember the dream I had.” I said drowsily. “Look noguno it will all be better, hopefully.” She said.