Subject One

CNBono17
Subject One
Summary:

By reading this, you are agreeing to a contract of secrecy. The truth is known to very few. You have ∆θΣ clearance and are authorized. Read the following file at your own risk. Violators, or unauthorized readers, will be subject to legal action.

Directive: 29164-F
Date: DATE HAS BEEN VOIDED
To: All persons with clearance at or above ∆θΣ (delta-theta-eta)
Re: Area 51
Message:

Those with clearance know that Area 51 is little more than an astronomy research center, trying to link anomalies in interstellar motion with extraterrestrial life. However, we have had an unprecedented development.

At DATE HAS BEEN VOIDED, 911 services in CITY HAS BEEN VOIDED received calls regarding a plane crash. Investigation showed that it was not. The crash was a spacecraft, of a make unlike any seen before on this planet.

Area 51, though not originally intended for a situation like this, is equipped to handle it. Administration asks that no further action be taken by outside parties until more is known. Stand by for a detailed report and/or further details and information.

Dr. Jack M. Porter, Ph.D.
Head of Special Operations

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

Dr.Dabdo said...
Feb. 11 at 1:24 pm
Sorry it took me so long to get to reading this! I absolutely loved it!

CNBono17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 11 at 2:34 pm
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

BabySnickers15 said...
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Thanks so much that means a lot! And just fyi, those calculations didn't come outta nowhere. I had a calculator next to me when I wrote this :)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey there Bono! Sorry for the really late reply; the week you posted this was the week my end-of-year finals were going on! Here I am to finally get down and read this lovely story. (BTW, I’m commenting live so this’ll be quite long.) – First little intro: The dialogue is genius, giving the story an [almost] human feeling right from the start. I love the argument between which pronouns to use on Subject One. – Your allusion to our Solar System when you mention 222-X is awesome as well! (... (more »)

kingofwriters said...
Okay, my feedback for this story is FINALLY up on the thread. I'm really sorry for the wait; I didn't have an excuse for taking such a long break from the thread, but my feedback is up now, and I really hope it helps you out!

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5, 2015 at 3:42 am
Hooray! I love reading brilliantly creative new writing! To be honest, I only had time for the first five chapters (at least for now) because of school, etc., but I love what I've read! This is definitely a book I'll be excited to return to. I agree with Bree: the banter between Jack and Grace is a fantastic way to open every chapter. The numbers are a fantastic and super unique characterization piece for Kias, and you pull it off very successfully. I'm completely intrigued to get to know him mo... (more »)

Jun. 8, 2015 at 7:13 am
Wow, thanks so much!

BreeZephyrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aww, the ending was cute. I love the way that Grace and Jack interact--their banter is great. Just wanted to mention a quick point, though--in Chapter 5, when Kias asks if he can see his sister, Grace immediately knows that "the little girl" is his sister even though there are technically two females in her custody (Cade and Tana) and she has no way of knowing which Kias was referring to. Otherwise, I enjoyed reading this. I loved the way that each chapter opened (had an Ender's Game-ish feel...... (more »)

Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:31 am
I love Ender's Game (that's actually the inspiration for that…). Thanks so much!