The Mystery of Train 784 | Teen Ink

The Mystery of Train 784

February 1, 2015
By Wesley1, San Diego, California
More by this author
Wesley1, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Author's note:

I'm very big on rapid transit systems across the world. A variety of my most favorite are, of course, right here in the U.S. But my technical knowledge of many of my favorite rapid transit systems took full form after my freshman year at high school, which I took in Boston, MA. What's very interesting is that Boston Subway system [called the T] is actually America's oldest operating subway system, operating since September of 1897. Among all the things that caught my interest in the system were the trains themselves.

 

What caught my attention with the Blue Line was that the trains used both a third rail shoe and a pantograph for overhead wires. It then occurred to me that I'd one time thought of a Washington Metro train appearing on subway systems across the world, but I had dismissed the thought after a while because it didn't seem like it would actually flourish into anything. But then, noticing how the Boston Blue Line trains were so much more unique from the rest of the fleet, I figured "why don't I write a story based on that long ago idea but using one of these trains instead." 

For the next several weeks, during my sophmore year at Patrick Henry High School in San Diego CA, I would write the rough draft for The Mystery of Train 784 in an old Biology notebook while waiting for my train at the San Diego State Trolley station. 

ADVISORY: This book contains a few elements of highly technical information on some of rapid transit systems. Readers are not expected to know such technicalities.

 

 

Forword

There have been many stories of the subway trains in the world including mysteries of subway trains that travel in secret, monsters that live in the tunnels, and the discovery of abandoned tunnels and stations. But there is one story which discreetly struck the U.S. in which a random 6-car train set from the Boston T Blue Line had been reported running through almost every subway system in the United States. If you ask the transit administrations in the U.S. today, including the MBTA [Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority], they’ll say “no such thing ever happened.” But this has been a secret concealed by the transit authorities of the U.S. for a long time and very few non-transit personnel have been allowed to share this secret. The secret of this mysterious subway train has been strictly concealed by the Federal Transit Administration in a way very similar to how strictly the military concealed the Roswell Incident. The random presence of the rogue Boston T Blue Line train wasn’t frightening or dangerous; it just merely confused the passengers and the transit security personnel of each subway system that the train appeared in. This story focuses on the report of FTA investigator Nicholas Arnelli, who was dispatched to ride this mysterious train and to explain how one 6-car Blue Line train from one city could appear in another city’s subway system.

 

Chpater 1

It all began in the year 2008. At 12:00 midnight, MBTA Blue Line Train 784 -a 6-car train of Siemens 700 Series cars- arrived at Bowdoin station on the inbound platform. Half-an-hour later, the train left and was supposed to appear around the bend of the opposite tunnel and arrive on the outbound platform. Instead, after the train disappeared around the bend, there was a sharp snapping sound like the ones emitted by an arc on a third rail. Following this, there was nothing, not even a slight breeze from the opposite tunnel. To some on the platform, it was strange, but most other passengers took no notice, assuming that the train had just stopped for the night. The next day, however, Train 784 appeared on the inbound platform of Alewife station on the Red Line just five minutes before opening hours. The MBTA security personnel in the station, noticing the blue stripe on the side of the train instead of the traditional red stripe, checked the operator’s cab, but no one was inside. Despite the supposed absence of the operator, the LED destination signs on the train clearly said “BRAINTREE”, an MBTA Red Line destination. Train 784 also was fully functioning, with the HVAC units on top whiring at their usual operating velocity and all other electric systems inside the main cabin of the train functioning as though an operator were at the controls.

Although their were lots more variables that seemed to strike the attention of the security personnel, they assumed the operator was temporarily off duty and ignored Train 784’s myserious presence. Later though, after Train 784 left, the security officers checked the cameras, but saw no train driver enter or exit the train. That afternoon, Train 784 returned to Alewife with its destination sign reading “ALEWIFE”, and switched to “ASHMONT” after about half-an-hour then departed right when the station departure bell rang. However, prior to departure, the MBTA assigned a manual operator to regain control of Train 784. The MBTA’s plan was to take the rogue Blue Line train onto a siding just before it reached JFK/U Mass station. The plan had been slightly delayed because the operator had to force a sleeping bum off the train prior to leaving Andrew station. After departure, she was able to gain manual control of Train 784 by inserting an ignition key into the control panel. But when the operator left the train at the siding near JFK/U Mass station, Train 784 mysteriously rebooted back to its automated state, returned to the regular track, and continued on its original route to Ashmont. Shocked and confused, the MBTA sent the transit police to Ashmont, hoping to regain control of Train 784 a second time. By the time they reached Ashmont, however, the train was gone. Desperately, they checked the security cameras. According to footage, when Train 784 departed, it had started moving back toward Alewife, but the destination sign read “NOT IN SERVICE.”

The last time Train 784 was sighted, it was heading into the tunnel for Andrew station. However, the TA personnel at Andrew reported not seeing Train 784 even passing through the station. Yet, the TA personnel did report that they heard what sounded like an arc in the inbound tunnel, but nothing else after that. The next day, Train 784 was present, but not on the Blue or Red Lines. It was at Oak Grove on the Orange Line with its destination sign reading “FOREST HILLS”. Although the MBTA was now in an state of complete confusion, the normal operations of all MBTA subway lines continued, even though some passengers on the Orange Line would stare in disbelief and confusion at Train 784’s unusual presence. Train 784 later made a return trip to Oak Grove before once again going into “NOT IN SERVICE” mode. And just like at Andrew and Bowdoin, once Train 784 entered the first tunnel heading to Forest Hills, it vanished without a trace.
At last, the MBTA decided to notify the Federal Transit Authority in D.C., hoping they could help run an investigation and shed some light on the unnatural situation.
“A train jumping onto various lines in your network, that’s just not possible,” the FTA consultant on the phone told the MBTA and added a discrediting laugh, “Are you sure this isn’t just some really technological maniac that knows a lot about the subway who’s playing a prank on you guys.”

“Well damnit, I don’t know” the MBTA’s consultant responded, almost nearly red in the face “How do you explain Train 784’s ability to appear on different lines in one friggin' day! Those subway cars, especially the kind 784 is, are not very easy to pick up and move around to various lines let alone get them to operate on the lines! And on top of that, if this were a prank that some technological maniac was playing on us, then we’d already have $%# control of Train 784 instead of it rebooting to an automatic state and jumping out of our grasp. And I’ll tell you this, there was no auto-driving thingamajig on the control panel of the train, and there is no friggin way to program a Siemens 700 Series subway car into autopilot mode, at least not in the way that 784 is operating!” At this, the MBTA consultant became exhausted and needed someone else to take over his position.

“Please forgive our consultant’s attitude,” the new consultant said “He’s been so largely stressed out by the whole deal. But sir, please understand, we have a very abnormal situation here. If you can direct us to your board of directors, we can email the security tapes of Train 784 and do our best to convince you guys of our predicament.”

The consultant waited a while, but the FTA consultant’s voice came on after that with “Alright, we’ll take this seriously, but please understand, we don’t want any tricks about this.”
“You have my word this is no prank to gain attention,” the second MBTA consultant replied.

The next day, the FTA sent in some agents to watch for Train 784 at particular stations on the MBTA subway lines. However, things would quickly get largely complicated following the morning of this day.

The next day, at least a couple FTA and MBTA undercover agents were assigned at several major stations on the MBTA system to watch for Train 784. However, all day long, no one reported any sightings of Train 784 anywhere on the system, not even on the Blue Line. However, the press went busy the next day as reports of Train 784 came in from numerous other cities, claiming that 784 had been seen operating on their rapid transit systems. The headlines across the country then began flying everywhere with titles like BOSTON T BLUE LINE CAR SIGHTED IN L.A.!!, BOSTON MIXED WITH NYC!!, BOSTON TRAINS RUMBLE ONTO SEPTA TRACKS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE!!, etc. Train 784 was even reported running on various light rail systems in the U.S. such as the San Francisco Muni Metro and St. Louis Metrolink, using its alternate pantograph to collect its power supply.

At first, with each system Train 784 appeared on, the transit authorities would stop service and make their own attempts to gain control of the rogue train, but each of their attempts would be in vain due to Train 784’s mysterious ability to reboot back into its automatic state. Eventually, all these other rapid transit systems would identify that Train 784 posed no danger to their system’s operations, but were still confused about how it got into their network. Even stranger, the automated announcements equipped to the train seemed to function as though stations on other rapid transit systems were actually programmed into its system because there was no change in the original voice or tone of the announcement. As strange as Train 784’s presence was, the majority of passengers weren’t frightened. In fact, some railfans got pictures of Train 784 whenever it appeared in their city’s respective system. However, these photos along with most other evidence of Train 784’s existence would be confiscated and held in storage by the FTA, explaining why these photos are currently not available to the public.

Back in DC, the FTA was completely exhausted and overrun about Train 784. In a legislative meeting, some highly pro-security senators were proposing to shut down all subway systems in the U.S. to extract Train 784. Their proposition was met with numerous outcries and sharp objections
“Are you not aware of our goal?!” yelled a outraged executive of SEPTA

“You shut down the subway, then you shut down the whole ^$$%$@#$ city” shouted a Manhattan MTA administrator.

“How do we get people across the bay!!?” screamed a member of the Bay Area Rapid Transit System.

“You realize you’re going to damage the way of life for many of our commuters” warned an executive of the Washington Metro.

It took a chief administrator of the FTA to calm the pandemonium.

“Mr. President,” the administrator proposed, “I suggest that we do a discreet investigation of Train 784’s patterns, because then, we should easily be able to identify how Train 784 transfers from one subway system to another. And better, maybe we can even identify exactly what the heck is going on and why Train 784 can drive without a driver and navigate the country’s rapid transit systems so well.”

All other system administrations, even ones that Train 784 hadn’t shown up on, agreed because Train 784 was no danger to the system operations and therefore insisted that no security-threat-response-actions be authorized.

For the next few days, as Train 784 traveled through the tunnels of the U.S. subway systems, the FTA met to plan their strategy for discreetly observing the train’s pattern of operation. However, plotting where Train 784 would spawn next was difficult not to mention that Train 784 left a terminus station in “Not in Service” mode only when the last passenger got off. This could possibly include transit personnel, train crew or security alike. Things took a positive turn, however, when FTA investigator Nicholas Arnelli came to the office of the FTA’s chief executive on the third day.

“Sir,” Nicholas said as politely but firmly as he could, “I’ve heard about the mysterious Train 784, and I was wondering if I could submit myself as the observer you were thinking of placing on the train.”

At first, the chief was surprised and speechless. He thought it over for a couple minutes, while Nicholas, being a very patient person, sat down and flipped some pages in his notebook to occupy the time. Finally, the chief responded.

“Personally, if you feel willing to be underground for a while, and if you’re willing to have some adventure, I’ll allow it.” He paused, then added, “I’ll have to discuss it over with the rest of the command chain, but I think everyone will agree to it.” The next morning, Nicholas got a call from the FTA…..he’d been approved for the one man operation.

Nicholas arrived at Logan Airport in Boston that evening, got a hotel reservation by the MBTA to hotel near Government Center station. The next morning, Nicholas was out of bed in a flash. He took a quick shower, got on his FTA uniform and equipment, had some breakfast, and arrived on the Blue Line platform of Government Center by 8:00AM. At least a few Blue Line trains passed by, and it wasn’t until 12:00PM that train 784 pulled into the station just half a minute after the arrival announcement that Train 784 arrived.

When Train 784 pulled into Bowdoin, Nicholas took a quick peek into the operator’s cab and saw no driver behind the controls. This didn’t concern him the least, though, because he’d already read reports by the MBTA when Train 784 was in their system. It was 10 minutes later when the doors of train 784 shut and the train began to move. At the first jolt of the train’s movement, Nicholas quickly pulled out a video camera that he’d brought along so that he would have visual proof of the events that occurred on his “Intercity subway train” trip. Train 784 started slow, then Nick heard an arc as well as seeing the flash, then felt 784 speed up a little bit. All of a sudden, the announcement chime flicked on, and the announcement said “Entering...Alewife. The doors will open on the left side of the train.”

Just a minute later, Nicholas saw the neon-like decorations of Alewife’s ceiling before 784 slowed to a stop. Train 784 remained at the platform for quite a while, but then the station’s departure bell rang and Train 784 started moving again. Most of the passengers took no notice of Nick, probably because the presence  of a single FTA officer wasn’t as concerning as two or more. Nicholas’ trip felt rather prolonged when Train 784 turned around at Braintree, then switched again at Alewife. On the second trip northbound, when no one else but Nick was onboard, the sound of an arc in the tunnel to Andrew station snapped him back to his conscious state. Before he knew it, 784 was above ground, but in northeastern Boston this time.

“Entering...Oak Grove. The doors will open on the right side of the train,” the announcement on the train said. By this time, the sun was setting, but Nick did his best to stay awake. But after Train 784 completed its second trip on the Orange Line and went into “Not in Service” mode, Nick managed to get some shut eye over the clickity-clack of the train on the track. The sound of an arc roused him gently awake before the announcement said that they were arriving in Union Station, and Nick noticed that it was Los Angeles Union Station  because he recognized the tall and more geometrically shaped walls of the LA Metro Red and Purple Line stations, unlike the large arch-like ceiling’s of the Washington Metro that were just about the same height. For the rest of the day, Train 784 bounced back and forth on five of the six Los Angeles Metro lines. Some things that caught Nick’s attention, according to his notes, were: (1) a couple times in the Hollywood area, when a celebrity went racing for the train after the doors shut, Train 784 would immediately open them again just to let him or her through and then shut the doors right behind them. The only reason that this caught Nick’s attention was just that was that there was no driver to look out the cab-side window and check the platform. And (2), when Train 784 started running on the LA Metro Blue, Expo, and Gold Lines, because these lines used overhead wire power, not third rail power like what the Boston T used.

“Oh, what an idiot I am,” muttered Nick to himself as he craned his neck to by the car-side windows while on the Metro Gold Line and noticed Train 784’s pantograph extended upward toward the wires, “Train 784 also has the ability to collect power through overhead catenaries because of the pantograph that it was built with.”

It was nearly dusk before Train 784 switched to another subway system. This time, Nick found himself looking at a glimmering highway that streamed past the train tracks on either side. Almost immediately, Nick assumed that they were in San Francisco on the Bay Area Rapid Transit system. Train 784 made stops along every B.A.R.T. line, including the Millbrae rush hour service extension stops. Service in San Francisco and East Bay was complete after Train 784 made a round trip on the Orange Line.

“This feels more like when I was on the Amtrak Southwest Chief as a kid,” Nick thought to himself as Train 784 traveled once again between the glimmering freeways of San Francisco, which were now surrounded with city lights that glittered almost like diamonds. He then took a small nap, dreaming of his experience on board the Amtrak Southwest Chief. He was awakened briefly in the middle of the night by another arc before he saw them exit onto another subway system. The announcement said they were entering Civic Center station, but the station didn’t look like the one he’d seen while they were on B.A.R.T. Then he remembered that there was a second platform level on all the B.A.R.T. stations between Civic Center and Embarcadero stations that was used by the San Francisco Muni Metro. Judging from the stops they pulled up at, Nicholas guessed that they were running on the T Third Street Line.

“Probably makes sense,” Nicholas thought to himself, “because some of the Muni lines have low-floor platforms which their cars can adjust to but Train 784 obviously can’t. The T Third Street Line, it seems, is one of the lines with mostly high-floor platforms.”

Nick then went back to sleep. What surprised him the next morning was that he found himself riding through the St. Louis Metrolink system. His watch read 7:30AM by the time Train 784 pulled into Lambert Airport Main station on the Red Line. Nick suddenly remembered that he had to switch his watch to central time, which he did and would always remember to do the next time Train 784 jumped into another time zone. After two trips on the St. Louis Metrolink routes, Train 784 entered the Chicago L through the Broad Street Subway. Then came Atlanta, and then Train 784 transferred to the cities on the east coast. First Miami, then Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, the PATCO Speedline, the Port Authority Trans Hudson (P.A.T.H.) system, New York, then finally, Boston.

Arriving back at his hotel that evening, Nick then looked over the notes and videos he had collected on the trip. He observed that every time Train 784 switched lines or systems (in most cases) there was the sound and flash of an arc.

“A warp-gate?” Nick asked himself, “Naw, it’s impossible. On the other hand, though, it can’t possibly be a coincidence and there are no connecting tunnels between any of these systems, so it has to the only possibility. But I’ll need better proof than this for such a hypothesis or the FTA will laugh in my face, maybe even consider me a psycho.”

So Nick would make another trip, and didn’t care as to how long it took, because the MBTA and some colleagues of his at the FTA were paying for his hotel reservation and he didn’t have to report back to Washington at any given time.

The next day, Nick was back on Train 784, but this time stayed in the cockpit the whole time, keeping his camera on the whole time, paying special attention to the tracks whenever Train 784 was at a terminus station, and not taking any additional notes. His hypothesis of a warp-gate that Train 784 used to switch between lines and systems definitely seemed accurate, but the warp-gate wasn’t like a wormhole. Instead it was merely a small switch-gate that was disguised as an arc and that only took half a second to open and close before they were in another transit system.

“But how exactly would Train 784 be able to plot out which transit system to go to next?,” Nick questioned, “Surely it would need to have the intelligence of a human mind for such coordination abilities since it seems to lack an installed autopilot function.”

What happened next shocked Nick. The announcement chime ringed, but only in the cockpit. The announcement began to literally speak to Nick as though a real person were in the cab with him.

“Welcome aboard, Nicholas Arnelli” the announcement voice of Frank Oglesby Jr. said, and Nick froze.

“Wha...is that the train speaking?” asked Nick, trying not to attract the attention of the passengers in the train cabin.

“Yes it is” the announcement replied, “I’m aware that you’re from the Federal Transit Authority.” Nick’s eyes grew wide at this.

“Don’t worry, I simply consider you to be one of my many passengers, so I won’t force you off. In fact, I don’t even have such capabilities,” replied Train 784, and Nick relaxed.

“Would you mind if I asked about your operations, Train 784,” Nick asked as politely as possible.

“Absolutely, that’s what you’re here for,” Train 784 said.

“How are you able to coordinate which lines and subway systems you’ll want to appear on?” was Nick’s first question.

“If you really want to know, then I’ll need to go into a lot of detail,” replied Train 784, a little cautiously.

“I’m willing to listen to as much as you say,” replied Nick as they pulled into 9th Street on the P.A.T.H. HOB-33 line.

“You can probably guess what the first ever operating subway system in the U.S. was,” began Train 784.

“If I’m not mistaken, the Boston T was the first U.S. Subway system,” Nick replied.

“Correct,” Train 784 said, “Because of this and once radio and computer systems began to be adapted into all U.S. rapid transit systems, the central MBTA control system slowly gained knowledge of all the subway systems in the U.S., including layout, routes, rolling stock, and so forth.”

“That’s quite interesting,” Nick said, writing at a frantic pace in his notebook.

“Now that computer technology has advanced so much over the last few decades,” Train 784 continued, “the MBTA central control system could organize its data which it had collected more easily and also keep it locked from any government agency or computer hacker who tried to obtain copies of the data, regardless of whatever procedure they used. The only federal authorities that would be allowed access to this data would be the FTA and other public transit administrators.”

“So where do you come in?” asked Nick.

“The central control system, having gained a light and harmless mode of self awareness, decided to pick a train to explore as many of the systems that it had collected data on as possible. It chose me, Train 784, because I had both a third rail shoe and a pantograph, meaning that I could variate in how I was powered, unlike most other T railcars. It also designed arc-disguised warp-gates in the tunnels of most of these systems, but it meant that I could only appear on lines that had at least one tunnel or that connected with a tunnel, because it figured that it might accidently spread paranoia if I suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the surface or on an elevated section of a subway or light rail line,” explained Train 784.

“How are you able to adjust your gauge,” Nick asked.

“I beg your pardon,” asked Train 784.

“Well, I know that the T’s track gauge is standard gauge. Now transferring to the New York City Subway is easy through these portals because that system is also built to standard gauge. But take San Francisco’s B.A.R.T. system. That’s built to Indian Gauge, which I believe is 5ft. 6in. And then there’s Philadelphia’s Market-Frankford Line, built to 5ft. 2 ½in. How can you, being a standard gauge train, and I didn’t mean that as a put down, be able to change your width  to accommodate such large track widths?” Nick asked.

“That’s a seemingly complex process that even I don’t know much about,” Train 784 replied, “All I know when I’m entering those systems is that somehow, the portals are able to enlarge my length and width so I don’t appear all weird and flat-like when I’m stretched out to accommodate those gauges. I’m afraid I can’t tell you much else.”

“What does the MBTA control system intend to use this data for?” asked Nick.

“Basically as a specialized backup of information for the FTA and the local transit authorities as well,” replied Train 784. This somewhat amused Nick, because now he learned that the whole FTA had a secret backup space for their public transportation data.

“But, what if someone like the CIA or NSA tried to shut down the MBTA central computer, assuming that it was a security threat,” asked Nick, concerned about Train 784.
“If that were to happen,” Train 784 replied in a simple tone, “Then all rapid transit systems across the country would shut down with it. The signals, the computers, even the trains themselves would just freeze right where they were and remain seemingly inactive and no manual overdrive of any kind could get them reactivated. Basically speaking, the system that controls me now has basic joint connections with all other rapid transit agencies in the country.”

“Well, I guess unless the person or persons responsible for shutting it down want to face heavy aggression across the country from shutting down all the local public transportation systems, it sounds like no one would even dare to touch that central control system without its authorized permission,” assumed Nick.

“And even if someone succeeded in doing such a thing, the control system, along with all the transportation authorities that shut down with it, would reboot back in a matter of days for the good of people who favor or value public transportation,” added Train 784.

“Sounds like you have an invincible but harmless computer system that is behind all this. I never thought computers could advance to this extent,” remarked Nick very much amused.

“Indeed. Now Nick,” said Train 784, “Can you promise that if you are required by your supervisors to report everything I just told you, you and your supervisors don’t also spread this information to the U.S. Capitol at random? If this gets misinterpreted, it could cause the whole United States to panic.”

“I swear I will,” said Nick, “On my own life, I swear I will.”

“Don’t take it to that extent,” Train 784 said patiently, “Just explain or provide the information slowly and carefully so everyone in the FTA understands it correctly.”

“Understood,” said Nick.

A couple days later, at a general meeting room in the FTA building, Nick carefully presented the information to FTA officials as well as administrative staff of all the rapid transit systems that Train 784 had appeared on. He also played voice recordings of Train 784’s voice to prove his claims, which actually shocked a few people in the room. After everyone had seen and heard all this evidence, everyone was convinced that what Nick was saying was true. After the meeting, the chief of the FTA asked to talk privately with Nick.

“Nick, you seem to be the only one capable of ‘communicating’ with Train 784, correct?” asked the chief.

“Yes sir,” replied Nick.

“I hope you don’t think I’m taunting you with this, but just so the government doesn’t start hammering us about the situation, could you possibly negotiate with Train 784 on limiting its operations.”

“I’ll do what I can sir,” replied Nick.

Thankfully, the negotiations between Train 784 and Nick were successful.

Later that month, Nick was walking to Trafalgar Square station on the Washington Metro, when he heard someone call out his name. Nick turned around to see a girl he remembered from high school, Bethany Williams. She was still the same beautiful girl he remembered years ago, long black hair, dashing eyelashes, and a white and braceless smile.

“Nicholas,” Bethany asked “How are you? It’s been so long since we last saw each other.”

“Countless years,” Nick responded as they exchanged hugs and kisses. Then the announcement chime inside the station gently snapped Nick back.

“You want to go on a little ride on the metro, Bethany?” Nick asked.

“Anywhere you want to go” Bethany replied with a smile.

They traveled down the escalator, passed through the gates, and headed for the platform escalator. Then, Nick heard what sounded like a train approaching on their platform. But when they turned toward the tunnel, guess who came streaming out. Train 784, all blue and shiny like Nick remembered. As Nick and Bethany boarded, Nick took Bethany to the cockpit. Sure enough, Train 784 greeted them in Frank Oglesby Jr.’s voice with “Welcome aboard, Nicholas Arnelli.” Then, as though being able to see inside the cockpit, asked “Who’s the lady you brought onboard?” Bethany was a little confused, first off by the announcement itself and also by the fact she’d never seen Train 784 or any other train of its type in the Washington Metro, but Nick was quick to inform her everything.

“Bethany, do you remember those news reports a month or so back about a mysterious subway train that could jump across the subway systems in the U.S.?” Nick asked.

“Oh, yes I do remember,” Bethany replied “And you were the one who cracked the case, weren’t you,” she added with a smile.

“That’s right,” Nick said, then indicating the whole cockpit, “I now want you to meet that train, MBTA Train 784.” Bethany replied with a calm “Hello, Train 784. I’m Bethany, Nicholas’ high-school girlfriend.”

“Glad to have you onboard, Bethany,” Train 784 responded.

“So Bethany,” Nick asked, “If there was a city anywhere here in the country you’d want to go, where would it be.”

“I would say Los Angeles, but also Boston and San Francisco,” Bethany replied “Hope that’s not too much”

“No problem,” Nick replied with a grin , “Train 784, you don’t suppose you could take us to any of those cities?”

“Well, I’m on a limited service operation to D.C. Union Station, and we’ve just arrived there anyway,” Train 784 replied, “I guess once I’m ready to depart, I’d be glad to take you and Bethany anywhere.”

“Let’s start with your hometown then, Train 784” Nick responded and added, “Boston”

“Very well,” Train 784 said then added “Alright Nick and Bethany, please hold on.” The next thing they knew, they were headed down the tunnel of Union Station before they were all engulfed in one of Train 784’s arc-portals.

To this day, Nicholas Arnelli still stays onboard Train 784 as it continues to drive through todays subway systems. However, Nick has secretly attached a mind altering device on Train 784 occasionally erases most of the passenger’s memories of Train 784’s presence in a different subway system and replace that with memories of riding a subway train that belongs on that system. So you never know, the next time you are riding the subway systems of New York, Washington DC, or Boston, maybe by chance encounter you’ll end up riding Train 784. However, all other evidence of Train 784’s physical appearence on other subway systems is currently under lock and key by the FTA, and the explaining or revealing of this information has been restricted to certain extents. For me to publish this information, I’ve had to make long negotiations with the FTA before finally being approved. Other attempts to publish this information, from what I know, will be turned down, for only those who the FTA really trusts are allowed to publicly publish this info; the information of Train 784, a Boston T Blue Line train that mysteriously began to appear across the subway systems of the United States.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


Wesley1 said...
on Mar. 6 2015 at 7:54 pm
Wesley1, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments
Please comment; comments are appreciated.