He Woke Up | Teen Ink

He Woke Up

January 3, 2015
By Anonymous

Nixon suddenly woke up. Today was the day. He sat on his bed took and look at his wrist, it said the exact same thing that he had expected. “On Test Day, Please Refer to Room 209.” He got up and looked out of his window. It was buildings and buildings until the eye could see. The sky was starting to get brighter and he knew that it was now time for him to leave. He put on his outside cloths, ate, said goodbye to his mother, and left his living area. While walking towards the government area, he could see the other thousands of kids his age that were going to the exact same place that he was. All he could hope was to see his friend Bob. He chuckled as he thought about him. He wasn’t the most fun or social person but he knew that he needed him. He needed Bob to survive. He was like the opposite of him. He was funny, social, and he was the one who helped him get through the hard times, through his father’s death, through his mother’s sickness. As he walked through the long and wide street, more and more teens joined him. Some he knew many he didn’t. As he approached Bob’s living area, he saw him with a few of his other friends. They were laughing and shouting and constantly cracking jokes. As Bob saw Nixon approaching him, he shouted “Wassap Man.” Nixon replied back with joy. Bob left his friends and joined Nixon. Both started talking about the test. No one knew what it was going to be. It changed every year. They talked about what they wanted to do and how from tomorrow, they were going to be men they were going to earn point, and most exciting of all, their screens were going to start working and they will be able to used them. “I hope I am assigned to the Workforce. You know my dad in the Workforce, my grandfather was in the Workforce, and my great grandfather was also in it.” said Bob. Although Nixon was happy for his friend, he knew that he wasn’t going to be assigned to the Workforce, he wasn’t physically strong in anyway shape or form. But he was very smart. At Least that is what his father had told me. He was going to be assigned to be an engineer or a doctor or a teacher. This thought made him sad a bit. Because he knew that he was not going to be able to be close with Bob anymore if he wasn’t going to be in the same profession as him. But these thoughts didn’t seem to bother Bob. He was ranting on and on about how he was going to save enough money to buy hover shoes, then use them to work more and buy a Humanoid to help him with his work. Bob might not have been the smartest person but he was determined. When he said that he was going to get or do something, Nixon knew that he was going to achieve those goals. Nixon took another look at his screen, its bright green display still said “On Test Day, Please Refer to Room 209.” It has said that since the day he was born. When Bob noticed that Nixon was looking at his screen, he took a look at his own and said “Well we are here.” Nixon looked up and realized that he was right. Following Bob, Nixon took a big breath and stepped inside the room.

The first thing that he realized as he walked through the room was that it was huge. He hadn’t seen a room as big as that ever in his life. The walls seemed to be made up of steel and the room was furnished with long rows of desks after. From a rough calculations, he realized that there were over 1000 desks. He was instructed to sit on a desk behind Bobby. Bobby being himself, he had made friends with the person in front of him and now they were making jokes and laughing. He still hadn’t figured out how he did it. How he made friends so easily. The desks were fairly small, no more than a shoulder width long. The desk’s screen suddenly flashed to life and asked him to swipe his screen on the desk. He obeyed. After swiping, he felt a sudden joy on his hand. The screen had come to life. He stared at his hand. The screen was now bright white. Nixon was as surprised as the others around him. No other person’s screen seemed to be like his. Even Bob stopped saying jokes and started staring at Nixon’s screen. Nixon tried touching but nothing seemed stop it. It was like as if a headlight was buried on his hand and forearm. The circle of teens that were around him were broken up by 3 peacekeepers. They politely asked him to stand up and follow him. Confused, Nixon followed them. As he looked back, he could see the astonishment in the faces of the people around him. Nixon had heard many wild things about the test but he had never heard anything like this. After swiping, the screen was supposed to flash his name, then the screen on the desk was supposed to present him with the test. But none of that had happened. He accompanied the soldiers out of the room and the building. Then they instructed him to board the hovercar. He had never been inside a hovercar. Remembering his father’s advice, he kept his mouth shut and did not ask any questions. He sat in the back with one of the peacekeepers while the other two sat in the front. He had heard that these cars did not need drivers, they would drive for themselves but he could not believe that this was true. The peacekeeper pressed a button and the car started. He watched as the streets passed as the people passed and as the buildings passed. At first, he did not know where they were taking him but soon, he realized that they were taking him to his living area. Once they reached the building, the three soldiers accompanied him outside and instructed him to gather his clothes. Nixon could not stand it anymore. “Sir, why are you asking me to gather my clothes?” One of the soldiers quickly responded, “It will all be revealed to you.” Seeing that that was the only bit of information he was going to get, he went to the building, found his living area, and gathered his clothes. He really wanted to discuss this matter with his mother but she was not at home, she was at work. Disappointed, Nixon gathered his clothes and returned to the guards.  They got back inside the car and started driving. This time, he did not know where they were going. It actually seemed a bit odd. They were driving straight to the walls of the Barack. They drove and drove. Each moment, it seemed like they were getting closer to the walls. After a while, the car came to a stop. It was in front of a building right next to the wall. They entered what seemed like an abandoned building. After going through a full body security check, they boarded an elevator. But it unexpectedly went down. This startled Nixon a bit. He never like the underground. After all, that is where his father has disappeared to. The elevator suddenly came to a halt as Nixon was thinking about his father. He was amazed with the scene that he saw as he was coming off of the elevator. The room was the size of a large square but it had a circular, steel door. But the most interesting part of the room was the object in the center. It was a spacecraft.

It was beautiful. It had a triangular shape. The body was painted white with orange and blue strips. The strips extended and widened as they moved from the nose of the spaceship to its rockets. As they walked around the room toward the door of the spaceship, Nixon suddenly realized that he was boarding the ship. As he realized it, he quickly came to a stop. The peacekeepers, impatient now, told me with a bitter voice to start moving but Nixon wouldn’t move. His mind was full of questions like “Where are they taking me?” “Why are they taking me?” and “What will happen to my mother?” But the peacekeepers seemed to not care about any of those questions. Knowing that he had no choice and no way to escape, he obeyed the peacekeepers and followed them. He could see the many tubes that were attached to the spacecraft. From some to the tubes, a white smoke leaked. When they arrived at the door of the ship, he boarded the plane but the peacekeepers did not. Nixon guessed that they were not allowed. While entering, he was told by another peacekeeper to swipe his screen. While swiping, he suddenly realized that it had stopped flashing and it was not off. After swiping, a green light flashed around the entrance door and he was allowed to enter. To his surprise, he was not alone. There at least ten more kids his age board that ship. He chose a seat near the window. “Hello I’m Al.” Said a voice behind him. Nixon suddenly turned. Behind him, sat a boy, smaller than others. His blue eyes stood out on his pale white skin. “Hello. I am Nixon.” replied Nixon. “Nice to meet you Nixon. Aren’t you excited?” said Al. “For what?” replied Nixon. “Oh they haven’t told you yet. Well I will have the honor of telling you. We are being taken to the Master Ship.” said Al. “The Master Ship, the Master Ship!? But that is only for the rich and the Government officials. And I am none.” replied Nixon. “Don’t you realize, we have been chosen for the Academy?” Suddenly everything seemed clear to Nixon. He had been chosen for the Academy, the most strategic learning academy that still existed. He had heard many rumors about it but he did not believe that it was real. He had heard that only the rich and the most gifted were allowed in that school. Nixon was still lost in his thought when the screen on his hand came to life. As he looked around, all the other teen’s screens did the same. On the screen, appeared the face of the Supreme Leader. The most powerful person on the whole world and the leader of the Government. She had power over everything and everybody. “Hello I am the Supreme Leader, the head to the Government. You have been chosen to attend the Academy, the most prestigious school in the world. You are one of the few attendees from the Barracks and we expect you to be at your best behavior when you are among others. Have a good trip and good luck.” Nixon felt a cold chill run through his spine. Her voice was so cold. Her skin was so pale. Her hair was so white. It was as if by just talking, she had decreased the temperature of the room! But his thoughts were disturbed by the noise of the engine starting. Another peacekeeper came and instructed them to put on their safety belts. After everyone had done so, the dome on top of the room started to open and the ship started to rise. “Look we are rising!” said Al. Nixon stared out the window. As the ship rose, he caught glimpse of the surface of the Earth. It was beautiful. The trees, the grass, the animals. How could something so beautiful be so deadly? As they rose and rose, he started seeing more, He started seeing the mountains, he started seeing the valleys, and he started seeing the water flowing everywhere. It was truly beautiful. But soon they all disappeared as the ship entered the clouds. The ship rose and rose and yet Nixon could not forget the image that he had seen. But as they rose above the clouds, he started feeling weird. He started feeling like he was in a pool in gym class. With a small movement, his moved a lot. That was when he knew that they were fleeing the Earth gravity. He had read about it in one his Father’s books. While thinking about his father, he realized that he was no longer sitting in his seat, instead, he was floating. As he looked outside, he saw the largest thing that he had ever seen. He just could not take his eyes off of it. It was so beautiful. The overall shape was a circle. But as they got closer, he realized that it was actually a narrow cylinder. Well narrow compared to the overall size of the ship. Arching from the outside of the circle, the outside of the ship was connected to an epicenter using large and thick rods. The epicenter was the command center of the ship and the Barracks on the ground. Only the government officials and the extremely wealthy were allowed to enter that area. The other striking feature that caught his eye was that the ship’s outside was mostly white. But inside the cylinder, lay a clear material which protected the inhabitants of the ship from solar radiation and allowed the humans inside to breathe easily. He was amazed at how he knew all of this information. He had never set foot in that place yet he seemed to know every little detail about. The construction material used, the overall architecture and its detailed designs, and the layout. It seemed like Nixon knew the Ship better than he knew his own city. As they approached the Ship, a small hole appeared on the outside of the ship. They entered the hole. Suddenly is was darkness. He still couldn’t believe that he was at the Ship. He thought of Bob. He thought of his mother. What were they thinking? What were they doing? The lights turned on. Nixon felt a sudden jolt of gravity and the ship landed. The lights turned back on. Nixon was able to finally see. As he looked out of the window, he could see some sort of a hanger. But not like the one back on Earth. This one was much cleaner. Much more modern. Much more white. Suddenly his screen turned on again. It was the Supreme Leader again. “Welcome to the Ship. Your home for the next year. However know that the absence of following any order will not only cause in you return but only on your death. In order to pay for your stay in the Ship and your tuition, you will be working and staying with a host family. Have a wonderful day.” His screen went off again. He looked up with the sound of another person. It was a peacekeeper but his appearance was different. Instead of dark and gray cloths with orange and blue stripes, they were wearing white suits. Their ties were stripes of orange and blue and their belts were black. They also were wearing some sort of a headgear. They were ordered to abort the ship and follow the other peacekeeper. The exited the ship in a single line and followed the peacekeeper. The first thing that he noticed was the fact that the air was different. It was so different that it made him dizzy in the beginning. The same happened to the other kids as well. Some, like Al, were at the brink of throwing up. Nixon helped Al get back on his feet and helped him walk. “So much oxygen!” said Al. It was then that Nixon realized that the concentration of oxygen was much greater in the Ship. Actually 20 times greater. Again he did not know where this information came from but it seemed that he was only able to remember them when he was reminded of them. It was like he needed to be reminded, they entered the elevator and they were taken to another room. In that room, they were given new clothes. After that, they boarded the elevator again and went up. It was when they approached the surface when Nixon actually realized how huge the Ship was. They boarded a hovercar. Inside, he sat next to Al. They exchanged stories of how they grew up, their families, their friends, their lives. Al was from a different Barack. And Nixon told him how his dad was a teacher but disappeared when he was just a few years old. And how his mother was a doctor and worked for the government run hospitals. Not many other kids were talking. Most were silent. They gazed at the outside as they saw the lavish lifestyles of the rich and the wealthy. They saw big houses, happy families, happy kids, all living in peace and harmony. But Nixon knew that this was not even the best part of the Ship. This part was for the poor population of the Ship. This was where the lowest government workers with the least power lived. Nixon was again amazed at how big the Ship was. Along its width, lay 10 or 15 large houses with streets and alleys among them. While thinking of the size of the ship, Al started talking how the rotation of the Ship created its fake gravity. So they were technically climbing the walls of the Ship. They stopped in the front of another building. They were led inside and made to sit in a room. All the walls were mirrors. And Nixon stared at the reflection of his face. He stood up and got closer to the wall. He kept staring at his reflection. He saw bright green eyes, he saw his mildly brown skin, and he saw his short, black hair. His mother had always told him that he looked like his father. But he did not remember him. And that really bothered him. He had no idea who his father was, were his father was, or why his father had left them. His mother always believed that he was alive but Nixon was too old to hide behind the truth. His father was dead. And that was the end of it. He rested his hand on the wall and looked around. The kids were alone in the room. The elevator that had brought them into the room had also disappeared. Other kids were also starting to walk around. All dazed. All sad. He looked at his screen but it was empty. There was nothing. He focuses his attention back on the wall. As he was starting to stare at his reflection, he realized something very odd. He saw that the mirrored image of his hand did not meet the real hand. As if it wasn’t an actual mirror. They had a mirror at their living quarters but this had never happened. He had many times started at himself with his hand on the mirror and the virtual image had always met the real hand. Nixon realized that this was a two way mirror and behind the walls, some was watching them. Suddenly the elevator appeared from the ground and two peacekeepers came out. They looked around, their eyes searching for a person. They looked and looked until their eyes locked on Nixon. Then moved toward him, almost in a robotic manner. They grabbed on to his arms, one each, and dragged him to the elevator. The elevator descended a bit but it started going sideways after. This was very strange to Nixon but he soon realized that he was going to meet the people that were watching them. And he was right. The doors of the elevator soon opened again and there he was, facing a crowd of people. He was dazzled. They all seemed very rich from the way they dressed. Most were wearing black suits with blue ties, a sign that they were government workers. But there was one person that was wearing a white suit. He stood out from the crowd. He was forced to sit on a chair while his eyes were locked on the man with the white suit. So he was going to stay with these people for the next year and work for them. “How fun!” Nixon thought. It wasn’t that Nixon wasn’t grateful for being here. Man would even kill to be in his place. It was silence in the room. Nixon started to look around. The perimeter of the room was filled with peacekeepers plus additional around him. It was as if they were trying to protect the people from him. It was as if he was refugee. It was as if he was a disease about to attack its victims. The men were motionless. Their eyes covered with the glasses, he could not even read their expressions. Nixon did not know how long it passed but it passed long enough that he started day dreaming. He started day dreaming about living the surface of the Earth. The images came back to his mind. The beautiful, green meadows. Animals running in groups, water flowing freely, and trees growing as tall as they can. His dreams were interrupted however when the same two peacekeepers grabbed him and dragged him off of the stage. They took him to another room. There, he was given new clothes, again. And he was put in the curator. A machine developed about a decade ago that was able to cure any human disease and help prevent future diseases. But it was only allowed to the residents of the Ship because the operation cost was supposedly expensive. His screen was also deactivated. He could finally see the part of his skin on his hand that had acted as the screen. But instead they gave him some sort of a contact lens. He did not know what it was for but he was sure that would soon find out. His new cloths were also a lot better than the ones he had gotten. They were made from a high quality fiber that was able to clean itself. He had read about these cloths somewhere but he did not know where. He was led out of the room into the street. In front of the door was a parked a hovercar. But this one was different. It had a matt black body with two doors on the side. Obviously this was a very expensive car. It was gorgeous. While Nixon was staring at the car, one of the doors opened and the man in the white suit stepped off. He came close to Nixon and introduced himself. “Hello I am Nick Depp. You will be staying with me for the next year. Here, hop in, we have much to talk about.” So this was his new master. But he was too excited to think about anything else. He was going to ride in one of the most expensive cars in the world. He came new the car and the door opened by itself.  But unlike other cars, its doors opened upward instead of outward. The inside was very luxurious. It even had leather seats. Something that he had only seen on the museum. It was so soft, Nixon could not give up touching it. They started driving. There was silence in the car but Nixon didn’t mind it. He gazed outside of the window of the car. White and green seemed to be the main colors. Roads where a share of white, houses were white, ground, which was mostly grass, was green. He hadn’t seen so much trees and grass in his life. Well except on the surface of Earth. They drove and drove until they stopped in front of a house. As he was getting out, the face of the Supreme Leader appeared in front of him. So that is what the lens was. It was just an upgrade to the screen. “It’s like she appears out of nowhere. It is really annoying you know.” said Mr. Depp. Nixon was shocked. He hadn’t heard anyone talk like that towards the Supreme Leader. “OH don’t worry. No one is listening to us anymore here. Guess money really does buy freedom.” said Mr. Depp. So he had a sense of humor though Nixon. They approached Mr. Depp’s house. “Well here is my humble dwelling.” But it was not so humble. The exterior was decorated with different geometric shapes, neatly fitted together. But unlike many houses, his house was not just white, it was fitted with many colors. It was brown, it was green, and it was blue. It had grass, it had dirt on the exterior of the house. It represented the surface of the Earth that Nixon had saw. Mr. Depp realized Nixon’s amazement. “Oh yes of course. I designed the house myself. It is meant to represent and remind me of Earth. Of course you have seen it. Come on now, don’t be shy. I have to introduce you to my family.” Nixon followed Mr. Depp inside the house. Nixon was as amazed at the inside as he was from the outside. As they entered the door, on the right was a living room the size of Nixon’s previous home down in Barracks. It was fitted with a large sofa, a bar, and a holographic display. On the left there was the kitchen. It was the first kitchen that Nixon had seen in his life. It even had the dining table fitted inside. “As you can see, we are one of the few homes that has the privilege of having a kitchen.” After the kitchen, they entered a hallway. On the left, there was a stairway going to the second floor. “We have the bedrooms on the top. I will show you those later honestly they are pretty boring. Let me show you the cool stuff.” The hallway opened to a very large room. All the walls were filled with books. Actual paper books! Again Nixon had only seen books in museums. They were so expensive that only the rich were able to afford them. “I have read every single one of them. So many books. I just cannot read books in those virtual things you know.” He got close to one of the shelves and stared at the book. It read “Hard Times by Charles Dickens.” “That is a great book. Hey you know what, you can have it. My gift to you. I have a bunch of other copies anyways.” Nixon took the book. The outside was so soft. It was like the leather on the seat of Mr. Depp’s car. Then he started flipping through the pages. The pages were so fragile, they were so soft. And the words on the pages were so elegantly written. Nixon put the back on the shelf. As he turned around he was startled when two other people joined them. “Well here is my family,” said Mr. Depp, “This is my wife, Elly, and here is my daughter, Lilian.” Nixon went up to them and greeted and introduced himself. The room itself was divided into half. One half was divided of on the right into another living room. But this one was a lot more formal. It had luxurious chairs and tables and a lot of ash trays. The other side was a large dining table. Big enough to fit about 30 people. It was long and had beautiful, precision cut carvings all over it. The only wall that was not filled with books was the wall opposite the hallway. It was made out of glass looking at the backyard of the Depp residence. Nixon followed Mr. Depp to the backyard. It was beautiful. On the right next to the building was a pool. And that was about the only artificial thing there. Everything else was natural. Water was flowing, grass was growing, birds were singing. It was so chaotic that it was in perfect harmony. Nixon followed Mr. Depp. “Here it is, the diamond of my eye. Isn’t it beautiful?” Nixon agreed. It was beautiful. The waterfall was more than beautiful. Flowing from the top of a fairly tall rock, the water came down very gracefully and emptied itself to a pond of somesort. “Well this is whole house. Hope you have a great time staying here. Speaking of great time, it is time for lunch.” Said Mr. Depp with a smiling face. On the way back, Nixon had another transmission from the Supreme Leader. “Hello all launchies. I hope that you have gotten acquainted with your masters by now. The Academy starts tomorrow and a hovercar will be sent to pick you up. I would recommend all launchies to listen to their masters and do as they say because the slightest uneasiness from you masters will cost in you returning to the Barracks.” So that it was Nixon was. A slave. A worker for Mr. Depp. But that is not how he treated Nixon. All of these thoughts were swimming in Nixon’s head when they reached the kitchen. They ate in mostly silence. It was either because of Nixon or the Depp family was just not that talkative. After lunch, Nixon was escorted to his room upstairs by Lilian. In his room, he had a bed, a desk, a sofa, and a tablet. He decided to check out the tablet first. So he sat down on the sofa and opened it. It wasn’t anything special inside it. Just a few games and a few videos of the Ship. After a while, he got really bored so he decided to take a nap. On his sleep, he dreamt living on another ship. Nixon suddenly woke up. He looked around and remembered that he still was in the Base. He looked outside and saw Earth. He couldn’t believe that he once used to be a normal teen. With a normal house. With normal parents. We’ll all of that was not gone and the only thing that he could do was follow as we was told. He had arrived in the Base yesterday and today was his first day at training. Someone slammed the door. “Get up you maggot.” He jumped out of bed, found his cloths by his bed, wore them, and jumped outside. There was a tall, muscular man waiting for him. “How long are you going to keep me waiting you maggot. Give me 20.” Nixon, with his surprised face, did 20 pushups but he was out of breath by its end. He decided to never be late again. As they walked through the long corridor, he led him to a room. It was totally white inside. So white that Nixon’s eyes hurt in the beginning. Tool people stood around a bed surrounded with different instruments. “Hurry up maggot.” Said the man as he pushed him towards the bed. He was made to lie on his stomach then he was forced to drink from a cup. Then there was silence. When he opened his eyes, he saw that he was on the ground. He looked around and saw nothing but woods. He was so confused that he thought he was dreaming. But he could feel. He could feel the cold air brushing against his skin. He could hear the noise of leaves brushing against each other. He could see a figure walking towards him. Suddenly a chill ran through his body. This could have been caused by the weather or by the sight of the figure approaching. His instincts told him to find a weapon but there was nothing around him but tall woods. So he decided to hide a tree. These gigantic trees were able to cover him but there was something very odd about them that he had not noticed before. There were nothing like the trees that had seen and felt while he was on Earth. The barks were not natural. They were mechanical! They were machines! Suddenly he pushed away. What kind of a sick dream this could have been. Suddenly he saw her face. “Get up you maggot!” Said the man as he splashed him on his face with liquid. Nixon opened his eyes. He was back in the Base. Her face, there was something very odd about her face. He couldn’t figure it out although the her face was cemented in his mind. “Alright maggot, I am Captain Richard Johnson of the 155th regiment.You can call me Captain Rich. You are at the Base. And I am instructed to show you around. What is your name soldier? ” Soldier, he wasn’t a soldier, Nixon though. “Is there a problem? Can’t you remember your name? I was told you would be smart. Guess they were wrong. “Afraid of more pushups, he answered quickly. ”My name is Nixon Sir. Nixon Gallard.” “Alright Nixon, Let’s start the tour. Now you cannot ask any questions and just listen to the words that come out of my mouth because nobody else will waste their precious time to answer your stupid questions. Is that understood maggot?” Nixon nodded and pretended to pay attention but his mind was on the girl. “Well this the laboratory. You will refer to here when you are injured or need a checkup. By the way, you have a chip in your neck that will monitor our vital signs. This will allow us to measure your heart rate, blood pressure, and lots of other scientific stuff.” “Next is the bunks. You will be moved from your private room to these bunks. In here, nothing is personal. Everything and anything belongs to the Base. Is that understood?” Nixon nodded again. Anytime that he tried to focus on the words of Captain Rich, the girl’s mind popped up in his head, as it to remind him that she cannot be forgotten.  Following the Captain through the long room which was full of bunk beds, they finally reached an empty bed. “Here is your bed Nixon. This is where you will sleep or stay during your free time, which will not be a lot.” Nixon looked around. Of the people that were there, no one seemed friendly. No one was like him. They were all buff and strong with big muscles and broad shoulders. They returned to the long hall to continue the tour. “Next up is the cafeteria. Here you will eat, and only eat. You will be provided with 3 meals a day. Breakfast at 6, lunch at 1, and dinner at 7.” If you are not here at the designated time, I will make sure myself that you do not get any food!” Nixon answered with a nod again. Moving away from the cafeteria, Nixon just realized that he was actually Hungary. The next stop was the School. “Here is called the School. This is where you will be spending most of your time for the 1st year. You will learn about the art of warfare and the technologies used. ” As they walked through the School, Nixon realized how large the Base must have been because there must have been more than 30 large lecture halls. Towards the end of the hall, Captain approached a door, swiped his over the sensor, and the door opened. “And this is your lecture hall and laboratory.” Suddenly Nixon started paying attention. ”Sir, I was brought here to learn not to teach. I am only 18 years old sir. “Yes, yes, this was not part of the program but the FBI found your designs in your room. You really though that you could hide such an important discovery away from us?” Nixon’s heart sank. He felt like he just had a heart attack. So that was the reason why they had brought him to the Base. He was never the smartest or the most athletic or the bravest, he was just curious and innovative. But how could the FBI had found the blueprints for the gun? That question dwelled in his mind as the Captain showed him around. There were about 30 to 40 seats, all facing a large holographic table. But the most interesting part about the room was behind. Upon arriving at the door near the table, the Captain hovered his hand over the door again and it opened. It was beautiful. In the eyes of Nixon, heaven could not be a better place than this. This room, was like other rooms, was covered in white. White chairs, white tables, white equipment. “Now you have been provided with a small dose of weak antimatter to test your theories, when you have proved that your invention works, you will be allowed to test with real antimatter.” Nixon was still dazed about this surprise. Was he dreaming? Maybe he still hadn’t woken up from his sleep. No. No this could not be a dream. The US military had also provided him with every component that he had outline in his plans. The military had to be in a very big struggle to put its power and money in the hands of a teenager. “At the end of every week, you are going to present your findings to the other specialists in the Base. You better have progress because the minute that you are not useful to the US Government, we will kick you out. You understand maggot?” Nixon nodded again. But this time, he was not thinking about the girl. He was thinking all the adventures that he could have. All the new discoveries that he could discover, and the lives of many that he could save. But before he was escorted to his bunk, he was injected with a serum that would allow him to open doors and pay for stuff. By the end of the tour, it was almost lunch time so Captain Rich left him alone to get lunch. Yet after all of these events, he still couldn’t get his mind off of the girl. After finishing his lunch, he went back to the Bunk. It was almost empty, except for a few people here and there. After reaching his bed, he opened its holographic monitor and checked his tasks. Since he did not have any tasks, he decided to revisit his laboratory. But before he could get up, someone came up to him and introduced himself. “Hey, its Nixon right, well I’m Bobby. I’m the RA for this Bunk.” “Well I’m Nixon, I’m from Los Angeles, California, and I just got here.” After that, they just talked for a while about the war that was going on on Earth.

“Wake up Nixon. Its dinner time.” said Emily. Nixon woke up with her voice. He was back on the Ship. That was a very strange dream. He decided to keep it for himself and not discuss with anyone else. They ate dinner and during dinner Nixon told the Depps about his home back on Earth and how people lived and what they ate and what they did. He told them of his friends and family. He told them of his father that had gone missing. He told them of his mother that was a very hard working doctor. During dinner, Nixon discovered many new things about the Depps. Emily was very nice but she was a perfectionist. Everything had to be perfect. The chairs had to be the right way, the dishes had to be at the right place, the workers had to dress the right way. Unlike Emily, Mr. Depp was the opposite of her. He was the chaos that when mixed with her perfectionism caused balance and harmony. Lilian on the other hand was different. She was not talkative like Mr. Depp and she was not nice and loving like Emily. She was just she. Nixon could not find the word to describe her. She did not talk unless talked to, did not do anything unless she was told to do so. She was like a robot in a human form. Before going back to his room, he got the Hard Times book from the bookcase and went up to his room. He sat on his sofa and started reading it. A couple of pages in, he gave up. It was so hard to read and he could not understand a word that it said. It was written so many years ago that that English had died away and had led to a new form of English. He decided to go to bed early so he would be able to wake up tomorrow in order to attend the Academy. He went to sleep hoping that he would not be confronted with the dreams. But there was not rest from the dreams. This time he woke up in the woods. He was behind the tree. If you could call them trees. He looked around and saw no one. It seemed as if the girl had disappeared. This made him a bit uneasy. Where had she gone? Where had she come from? He started to walk around. He passed trees and trees one after another but it seemed that there was no end to them. The area was also populated with bushes, hills, and other green stuff that Nixon had never seen or heard. After walking for a while, he heard a voice. It was so soft. It was so gentle that Nixon at first though it was the result of his own imagination but that was not the case in fact. It was the voice of a girl. He started running towards the voice. But it seemed like it was coming from everywhere. He finally gave up and decided to take a rest. On the back of his mind somewhere he knew that none of this was real but he wanted to be real. It was so beautiful. He sat down on the bottom of a tree, next to a creek and drank a handful of water. He could not remember any time in his life that he was this energized and happy. While sitting, he close in eyes and relaxed. When he opened his eyes, he was at his laboratory. He looked around. How had he come here? How was this possible? He decided to a take walk outside. But it seemed that no one was at the station. It seemed all the soldiers had disappeared. Even the game room, which was always full was empty. Suddenly he was woken up. He was back on his bed on the Ship. How was this possible? He must have been given some sort of a drug. Maybe it was air. “It must be the air” though Nixon. He suddenly saw the time, date, and a calendar appear in front of his eyes.  He was able to somehow control the screen with his mind. He got up and went downstairs. Nobody was up yet. He quietly found ate the breakfast that the maid and left the house. As promised, a hovercar was waiting for him. He got in, found Al and sat next to him. The first that Al said was “Where is your Screen?” almost in a terrified tone. “Oh it’s in my eyes now as a contact lens” Nixon replied. “Wow. You know how expensive those are? You master must really like you. I bet he doesn’t even give you any work.” said Al. “He doesn’t” replied Nixon. “Wait so your master doesn’t not make you do any work? Tell me what you did yesterday.” said Al in an almost disbelief. “Well when we got back, he showed me his house, gave me a book, introduced me to his family, then we ate lunch, I went to sleep after, then I was woken up to ate dinner, then I went to my room, read a little and fell asleep. Wait what did you do yesterday Al.” replied Nixon. Al let out a sigh then told him of all the cleaning and cooking that his master and his family made him do. Guess Nixon was really lucky to have such a nice host family. Or they were going to do the same things to him just not right now. The Academy was fitted inside a tall, white building. All the attendee had to scan their screens or their eyes in order to be able to enter the school. Inside, each were given a tablet which had all the materials they needed for their classes. Then, each were given their schedules which showed up on their screens or eyes. During school, he mostly hung out with Al. They sat next to each other, ate together, and studied together. The Academy was so much better than his old school. In here, each classroom was about 30 people instead of the normal 200 down in the Barracks. And the classes were actually taught by people instead of computers. And most important of all, the classes were actually hard. At least his and Al’s were. Nixon attended school until late afternoon. But he was taken back just in time for dinner. After dinner, he went back to his room and started his studies. It would a few hours after he could finally take a break. For his break, he decided to take a walk outside in the yard. There, to his surprise, he found Lilian. “Do you mind if I sit with you?” asked Nixon. Lilian nodded in agreement. So Nixon grabbed a chair nearby and sat. They both starred at the sky. As they looked up, they could see the other houses opposite to them on the sky. “So was it true that you saw the surface?” asked Lilian. Nixon was shocked at her answer. He did not know she paid attention to his words during dinner. Nixon nodded in agreement. “So how was it? Was is as beautiful as the ones in pictures?” Asked Lilian. So Nixon started to tell her about the grass, about the waterfalls, about the meadows, about the animals. Lilian was so captured by his words as she was trying to remember every detail that Nixon was talking about it. After a while, Nixon decided to go back to his studies so he left. But he knew that she would be there. Maybe for the whole night. She would stare at the sky as if she was searching for something. As if she was searching for a purpose. Nixon went to sleep again hoping that he wouldn’t dream but secretly he wanted to. And he got his wish.

It took Nixon a moment to realize what was happening. They were rising. He checked his pocket to make sure that the bottle was with him and it was. He went downstairs to see what was happening and he saw the strangest thing. Their house was full of people. Some he had seen come by the house and other were complete strangers. First he thought that he was in a dream but then he realized that well he did not have any idea of what was reality and what was not. He had been in so much dreams that this it, he coming to the Ship could have been a dream. He going to the Academy could be a dream. For all Nixon knew, he could be sleeping on his bed down in the Barracks. Although he had no way to justifying that this was real, he trusted his gut feeling that it was. And even if it wasn’t, what could he do. He had no other choice but to follow the story. He decided to find his uncle and he found him on the makeshift command center that was set up on the living room. Holographic displays covered all the books and instead there were showing the live images of the Ship and the Earth plus the statistics. “Oh here Nixon, let me introduce you to our captain. He is going to command this ship to Earth.” He then introduced Nixon to the commander. He looked very familiar. It seemed like he had seen him somewhere. Then it hit him. This was Bobby. Or at least some descendent of him. He had the same eyes and the face structure. His uncle then introduced to some of his other close friends. Most seemed to be Government workers. They also had brought their families so there were chit chat among the women and the children were playing in the yard. Nixon decided to find Lilian and he found her sitting outside in the same place staring at the sky. Nixon decided to not bother her. He decided to go back to his room but he was interrupted by his uncle’s speech. “Ok everyone. We are ready for takeoff. Please go to your assigned seats, strap your selves in, and enjoy the ride.” With this, chairs started appearing from the walls. People started to sit down and Nixon did the same but he was invited by his uncle to come and join him at the command center. With one swift motion of the hand, and invisible shield appeared around the house. Although the naked eye could not see it, his lens showed that there was an unpassable boundary. With his uncle doing to honors, he pushed the red button and the house was jerked up. Nixon still could not believe that they were using a house to escape. After the lift off, he could hear the alarms going off and peacekeeper cars were rushing towards their house and they even started shooting at them but nothing was able to penetrate the shield. Not even electromagnetic guns were able to penetrate it. Shield, which was now in the shape of a sphere around the house, was able to protect against the invisible shield that kept the oxygen inside the Ship. And they were finally outside of the Ship. They were at space, their destination, Earth. But that was not going to be easy. The Government had sent battle ships and they were just behind them. Some even had started shooting at them. But they all seemed to hesitate to shoot at all of their capacity. Nixon used his lens to access one of the cameras and saw that only one of the battle ships were attacking them and it was quickly taken down by the other ships! “Don not everyone. The ships are with us. They are going to protect us.” The seemed to get closer and closer to Earth. It was so beautiful. With its blue and white and green colors. All the other passengers seemed to being ok also. The other thing that was interesting to Nixon was that there was gravity in the house. It wasn’t spinning or anything so Nixon decided to have a talk with his uncle and hoped that with the help of his father, he would be able to figure all the this houses mysteries. As they got closer and closer to Earth, the shield started to appear. It started to get red and redder. This was when Nixon know that they were at the stratosphere. They were almost there. After they got through and actually entered the Earth’s atmosphere, people started clapping. Everyone seemed to be happy. His uncle came up to him and asked him for the bottle. Although Nixon still did not trust him, he gave it to him and his uncle, feeling Nixon’s uneasiness, asked him to help him. Nixon happily agreed and they both went to the yard. The house was still descending but it was not lost in the clouds. It was white everywhere. His uncle emptied the fluid in another contained which seemed weird to Nixon. He then went to the edge and dropped the contained. It went right through the shield. “Well by the time we get down to the ground, it fluid will hopefully cleanse the surface and make it habitable for us.” “So when will I get to meet my father?” asked Nixon. His uncle seemed to stutter a bit. He hesitated but he finally told Nixon the truth. “Nixon you father, my brother, died 10 years ago.” Nixon started laughing. This was definitely a dream. How could his father be dead? He had talked to him in his dream. Nixon then realized that his uncle might actually telling the truth. After all, when his father showed him the future, he had told him that he wasn’t what he expected. “Then, then how did he talk to me? He showed me things. He told me things.” “Before he was captured, he had created a Artificial Intelligence of his own mind. He had basically turned his mind into a computer. That is why he showed you future. That is how he is able to talk to you. He is practically everywhere.” Nixon was shocked. His world had been turned upside down a gain. Nixon looked down the edge. He could see the trees. He could see the water flowing. He could see the animals running around. This had to be a dream he though. But it seemed like every second, they were getting closer and closer until they finally reached the ground. It was a swift landing. They had landed in a meadow. There was streams of water around them. There were trees. There were animals around them. It was all so beautiful. The shield around them started to disappear. But no one was going outside. No one knew that if it was okay to go on the surface. But Nixon decided that he was going to be the first. He got close to the edge and stepped on the Surface.

“Wakeup Nixon. Wakeup.” said Bobby as he was shaking Nixon hard. “We have to evacuate. Come on.” Nixon couldn’t take this anymore. One second he was supposedly down on Earth and another second he was in some military base. What was happening to him? With no other choice, Nixon started running after Bobby. The exited the bunks and followed the crowd to the exit ships. Nixon would ask what was going on but he decided not to. While waiting in the hallway, He looked out from the window. And there it was. The same city. With the exact same lights. It was almost identical. “What, what city is that?” asked Nixon. “Well that’s Los Angeles the place you come from right?” Nixon nodded again. He could not believe it. Lillian was telling the truth. He woke up again. He got ready and left for the Academy. There, he discussed what he had seen in his dreams with Al. He laughed at his telling him that he didn’t do enough work. But he decided to talk to Lilian about this when he got home. When he got home, he went straight to Lilian’s room but she wasn’t there. So he retreated to his room. He was feeling very sleepy for some reason so he decided to take a nap. And without any surprise he woke up next to Lilian in the forest. “Sorry for this emergency trip but you just had to see this.” said Lilian. “Wait so you made me sleepy so you could bring me here! Man my brain has really messed up!” “No, no silly it wasn’t me. It was them.” said Lilian. Nixon’s followed the hand of Lilian and realized she was pointing to the city. “Wait so they made me sleepy so I could come here?” asked Nixon in disbelief. “Of course, how can a normal person dream of a place that he has never seen? All of these dreams are being controlled by them. And they want see you. They for some reason believe that you are the solution to their problems.” Lilian stretched her hand again towards him. Nixon grabbed on to it and instantly they were in the clouds. When directly over the city, they dived down. They even went through the ground which was a relief for Nixon since he thought that they were going to crash into the ground. He was taken into a room. All the walls were black. There was just a chair and a table. He was kind of happy that Lilian was with her. And this was the perfect time to ask her. So Nixon was about to ask her when an elevator descended from the roof and a man stepped out. As the man walked towards Nixon, Nixon gasped. He knew him. He had seen him. He had seen him in pictures. He had dreamt of meeting him. Nixon still could not believe that it was his father in front of him.

Nixon was so shocked that he was speechless. He just sat there next to Lilian staring at his father. The person that he thought was dead was standing in front of him. He just could not imagine how excited his mother would be if she heard about this. “Your mother is here with me Nixon.” said his father, “she is safe here with me.” “So where am I exactly.” said Nixon trying to sound as emotionless and as bold as possible. “Well this city used to be called Los Angeles, as Bobby told you in your dream, but now we call it the Base.” Nixon was still in thought. His mind just could not process this. How could this be real? It couldn’t. He must have just been imagining that his father was alive while in reality he was actually dead. “I am not dead Nixon. I am real and we are having a conversation in real time right now. This is the only way that we can communicate in secret. Look Nixon I will prove that I am real when you wake up so you then you can decide if you would like to help us. I know that you are staying with Mr. Depp, who is my brother, so him and his whole family have helped me become who I am. But I need your help to finish my work. In order to be able to live on Earth, we need to decontaminate it.” Said his father. But Nixon stopped him in the middle of his speech. “Wait how are you going to decontaminate radiation? Is that even possible?” “Oh my boy, see the Government does not want humans living on the surface because if they did, they would not be able to control them anymore so contaminate Earth with some sort of a drug that kills humans instantly. So we need the antidote. We need you to get the antidote from the Academy. Then all can live on the surface including you and your mother. Right now only a few have the ability to go to the surface but hopefully in a few hours, everyone will.” “Wait in a few hours?!”Said Nixon. And that was the last thing that he said. He woke up afterwards. He got up and sat on his bed. He did not know what to think. On one hand, he thought of how amazing it would be to live with his parents on the surface. Running around, it the fresh air. His parents getting back together again was one of his wishes but if what his had told him about his mother was true then he had got his wish. While he was stuck here with his uncle. That thought just occurred to him. Mr. Depp was actually his uncle. Wait what he was thinking. How could he trust the words that his father had told me? All he knew that was the Government giving him a test. Yes it all made sense now. They were just testing him. But then everything seemed to be very convincing. This was just too much. He needed to talk to some about this. “Hey Nixon I wanted to talk to you about something. I am kind of your uncle. I know this may come as a surprise for you, or not if your father did that weird dream thing, but yes I am your uncle. And that is what you may call me. I just did not know how to tell you this. But I guess that your father told you considering that you are not as surprised as I was for telling you this. Anyways I am sure that your father told you about the plan. So I have prepared a ship ready for you to return to Earth after you retrieve the antidote.” Nixon nodded in agreement. “We will discuss plans when we eat breakfast.” and then he left. Nixon was at awe. So everything that his father had told him was actually true. He was actually on the ground right now. He was actually not kidding when he said that he needed the antidote. Well guess Nixon had to get it. But how could he. How could he betray his own Government to help someone that he barely knew? He looked outside. It was still dark so he decided to go to sleep for just a little bit. He woke up back at the military base. He was looking out of the window. Suddenly a big cloud of smoke rose from below. Everyone around them started clapping. Then people started looking at him and clapping. As they left, they patted him on the back. Did he do this? How could he. He could have never made something like that. He was never that cruel. He decided to go to his lab. Maybe this was another one of his father’s tricks to trick him into following with his stupid plan. He somehow made his way to his lab although he had no idea how. He sat down on his chair and stared out of the window. Smoke was still rising but it wasn’t in the shape of the mushroom anymore. He just sat there and thought while the life of so many had just blown up. Literally. He looked back on his desk. He needed to fix this. He had to make some sort of medicine that would eliminate the radiation. Oh that is why his father had sent him this dream. So he could learn how to make it. But how could he learn from himself when he didn’t know how to make it. But he knew a lot more that he thought he knew. His hands started to move like he wasn’t controlling them. It was as if they were just repeating what had already been done. Suddenly it hit Nixon. This was a memory. This was a memory of the actual scientist that made the antidote and he was just there to see how he made it. It was so smart and evil at the same time. But even though he had no idea how to make this antidote, he knew that it would not be easy. So he decided to get started on it. His hands moved like machines and his mind raced liked one. He really did not know what he was doing but he was mixing different amounts of chemicals and testing them. The only thing he knew was that it was not working. It was never effective enough to decontaminate enough for humans to be able to survive in it without getting cancer. Nixon suddenly realized that he did not need to invent a new drug. It already existed. He remembered that when trying to create the curator, they had used a substance created from the blood of a cockroach. So all he needed to do at the Academy was to dissect a cockroach, get the colorless blood, then concentrate it using some Selenium Nitrogen. He was expecting to wake up any moment now he didn’t. For some reason he could not even go to sleep. So he realized that he had to actually prove this theory to his father. So he found a cockroach in the biology department lab and started dissecting it. Nixon was never a big fan of animals but this was just obscured. The body was so small that he had to use a magnifying glass in order to be able to do precision cuts. But somehow he knew how to do it. So that is what his father had intended him to know and understand. He wanted him to know how to do it. His dad was a smart man, as many others had told him. With the thought of his father, he stopped his work and looked outside of the window of his office. He could see the Earth passing by. Clouds covering the blue seas and sometimes even lights could be seen. Nixon really wished he could see what was going on down there. He wished that he could see where he was supposedly from. And his wish was granted. He woke up with the sound of traffic. He was in a dark ally. Guess his father really was listening to him. He started walking around. As he got to the main street, he realized that so many people were there. Everyone was rushing with their coats and dresses. All seemed so focused, so determined. So Nixon started to walk around further, this was all new to him. The cars had these round things that touched the ground. And black smoke rose from behind every car. But one thing that had not changed was the fact that people were as cold as they would be 300 years later. Guess some traits do not change. There were also large billboards on the walls of every building showing off different items. One was displaying the image of a very beautiful lady holding a drink of some sort. Other one was holding a screen that was detachable. Since the Government had took control of everything in the Barracks, there were no businesses, no personal property. But this did not seem the case here in this time. Here, people would fight with each other if one of them accidentally bumped the other person. There were also these people sitting on the sides of walls begging for things. How could the government not give those jobs, though Nixon? This was a weird world. And he hoped that if humanity wanted to survive on Earth again, they needed to end the bad traits. They needed to improve on parts of society so there would be no wars, there would be no destruction. Nixon woke up again. This time it was back on his lab. He knew that break time was over and it was now time to work again. So he sat back down on his chair and focused on the cockroach again. Well now he had to find the veins. This would prove to be more that difficult because the blood of the cockroaches were colorless. After going through a few cockroaches, he was finally able to extract the blood. It was not time to add the Selenium Nitrogen. Selenium Nitrogen, being a very water like fluid, wasn’t easy to come by. He had to take a trip to their chemistry and beg for it. But he was finally able to get. So he mixed it with the cockroach blood and the outcome was a very reddish fluid, almost like human blood. It was also thick and creamy which grossed out Nixon but he had to continue. And when he tested the drug, it was more than successful. It even helped fully cure the bacteria that was contaminated with radiation. The second that he got the positive result, he woke up. He was on the sofa in his room. While sitting there, Lilian came by and sat next to him. They did not exchange any words buy he had a feeling that she knew about the plan. He was himself scared but he did not know how much until Lilian came and sat next to her. Nixon though of what he was going to do and what he had to do. He had to steal a few cockroaches from the biology department, then steal Selenium Nitrogen, then dissect the cockroach and extract its blood, then mix them together. But that was not even the hard part. How was he going to go down there? He couldn’t just jump, he had to use a ship. Even if his uncle bought a ship, how was he going to escape undetected? These were all the question in his mind but he had very few answers. His uncle and their family reassured him but he could sense that they were scared. He could sense that they knew something that he did not know. His uncle told him that after getting the antidote, he should immediately return here and then they will discuss the plans. He stepped outside. He had a feeling that this was the last time that he was going to see the house. So he decided to go back and take his belongings just in case. He opened the door and saw his uncle and aunt talking. At first he did not pay attention but one word captured his attention. “Nixon.” They were talking about him. So he decided to hide behind the wall of the living room in the hallway. “Nixon needs to fail. We had to do everything in our power to stop him. Do you know what would happen if his father gets his hand on the drug. He is going to decontaminate the Earth. If that happens, we will lose the life that we have now. We will lose our money, our house, and will be sentenced to death. And there would be riots and death the minute the people find out they can return to that planet.” Said Mr. Depp. Emily replied “I know, I know. I will call the Academy and tell them that Nixon is planning to steal from them. That would sure get him in trouble and hopefully will lead to his death.” “No, no we cannot do that. That would just put us in the spot and we don’t want that. What if we make Lilian do it? She was once one his race anyways. Oh she used to be so sweet. Then she grew up. We need new ones anyways. As long as the people down in the Barracks think that they can rise up in ranks and live like us, we can rule them like kings. You know what we will do, we will tell the Supreme Leader. She will know what to do. And she will reward us.” said Mr. Depp. Nixon was in shock. How could his own uncle do this to him? How could his father trust him? He felt angry, he felt betrayed, and he felt alone. There was no one to help him anymore. He looked at the kitchen, and there she was, Lilian was also listening. She pointed to the door and Nixon suddenly obeyed. He did not want his uncle and aunt to know that he was listening to them. But surprisingly, Lilian followed him out of the house. “I always knew that I could not be their kid. But now I have proof. And I guess that you now know that they are not the nice, happy couple that they seem to be. They are dead inside trust me I know. They have no souls, they have no morals. But I will get back at them. Here lets go to the Academy and steal that antidote of yours. Then we will use my father’s card to gain access to one of his ships and go to the ground where we can finally be free. ” said Lilian with a smirk on her face. Nixon still could not believe how much had changed in less than five minutes. Humans could never change. They were still the same greedy, jealous race that almost extinct itself over few territories of land. So they both boarded a hovercar and set out to save humanity. Although Nixon would not admit it, he was happy that Lilian was with him. Whenever they were together, he felt safe. It was as if she was the calm to his chaos. It was as if they completed each other. And now that he knew Mr. and Mrs. Depp were not her real parents, he felt a lot better and easier talking to her. He started talking about the Barracks and how he lived, how he dressed, how he ate and Lilian seemed to take interest in it. Nixon also felt that Lilian was scared. He could see it in her eyes. Her world too had changed in just a few minutes. Now he was realizing what she was giving up to help him. She was giving up her perfectly easy life. She was giving up her luxurious house. She was giving up her luxurious cloths. She was giving up her luxurious friends. And for what. Why was she doing this? Nixon suddenly realized that they were in front of the Academy. He thought of Al. Could he trust him, could he tell him what he was going to do. He decided that he could trust him. After all they had become very good friends. So the first thing that he did after entering the building was to find Al. He had a very good idea of where he would be and he was right. He was in the library studying for a test that he had tomorrow. Nixon approached Al and told him about the plan. “Oh Al here is what we are going to do. So you know how the extract of the cockroach blood can cure many diseases right?” Al nodded. “SO we are going to use the Selenium Nitrogen to amplify that effect and then take to Earth where my father can use it to decontaminate Earth.” Al’s face looked liked it had been hit with a pile of bricks. He was speechless. “That is impossible. What is wrong with you? It is the Government testing you to see if you are loyal enough. I will not take part in none of you stupid, crazy experiments.” Well that was not the reaction that he expected from Al but he made due. He said goodbye to Al and wished him well. He went back and found Lilian. She was having an argument with the gaurd about her being in the school. I told them that although civilians are not allowed, she was with me. The guard, having been friends, let us go. But he knew that smallest mistake from the part will set him on a killing spree. He thanked him, grabbed Lilian’s hand and pulled her to an empty classroom. Al had told him about this class and how it was a great place to study because no one was there. So he told Lilian to sit by the door and see if anyone is approaching. Then he got to work. He had stolen a few cockroaches from the biology department so he put the container containing the cockroaches on the table. He also had taken a dissecting knife from the biology lab so he wiped the knife on his leg to remove any dust and got to work. With the first sight of the knife, Lilian looked away and did not look back until he said that it was fine. Nixon got to work. But it was harder to do it now because he did not have a magnifying glass. Or did he. He searched the app store on his contact lens to see anyone had anything like that and luckily they had. So he installed the app. This severely made his dissecting faster and more precise. He was able to extract the blood of 5 cockroaches to another container. Then the last thing that he needed was Serilum Nitrogen. But that proved to be more difficult that it sounded or did in his dream. He counted on that the chemistry professor would not be there so maybe he could sneak in to his lab and steal some Serilum Nitrogen, but he was there and he had a class in the lab. Nixon thought about it a little. He did not have much time to finish the antidote so he just decided to join the class and try to find the Serilum Nitrogen. So he hid all the evidence of dissecting and everything, took Lilian to the game room and told her to stay there. He then joined the professor’s class. Nixon was never a big fan of Chemistry so he really did not know what he was talking about but he answered a few of the questions so the professor would think that he was actually paying attention. And he had already learned the things that he was teaching. They were talking about buffers and PH and bases and acids which he hated. He was more like a physics person. He would be able to understand the hardest physics concepts in a heartbeat but chemistry he actually had to study and pay attention. What the teacher was doing was that he was going around his lab and showing some the experiments to the attendees. There were about 20 people surrounding the professor at any time so it wasn’t as hard as he though to snoop around the lab looking for Serilum Nitrogen. The problem was that Nixon did not even know if there was Serilum Nitrogen in the lab. So decided to let the professor help him find it. “Professor, can you explain what Serilum Nitrogen and what it looks like?” This question seemed to startle Professor a bit. He seemed to be uneasy to talk about it but he decided to do so anyways. He went to his desk, opened his safe, and brought back a bottle of clear liquid. Then he started to talk about its benefits and how it chemically formed and its chemical effects. While he was busy talking about it, Nixon quickly found a bottle exactly alike, filled it with water, and approached the professor. He accidentally pushed another student in the process and the student hit the professor and dropped his tablet. When the professor bent to grab the tablet, he grabbed the Serilum Nitrogen bottle that was left on the table. He switched the bottles and tried to act as normal as possible. But he felt that he was sweating. He stayed with the class for the rest of the class and decided to be as interactive with the class as possible. After the class of over, he was the first one to exit the lab. He went to find Lilian but she was not in the recreation room. He looked everywhere for her then realized that she might have gone back to the room. But she was not in the room either. He decided to contact her. But it seemed like he couldn’t. The only time that Lilian would not answer would be when she was asleep. This was very strange for Nixon but he decided that he did not have to time to chase around Lilian and that he would worry about her later. So he went back to the room and finished the antidote. Now he did not know how to deploy this thing that would cover the Earth be he was sure that his father would have an idea how. He exited the Academy and decided to go to the Depp’s house to find Lilian. That was the only place that he could think that Lilian would have gone or would have been taken. What if the Government had found out or worst what Mr. Depp had found her and imprisoned her in the house or anywhere in the Ship. He reached the house and entered. He just could not process what he was seeing. How could this be? How was this possible?

He stepped inside the house and could not believe what he was seeing. He saw the house was actually floating about 10 cm off of the ground. He found his uncle, aunt and Lilian on the living room resting and drinking tea as if everything was fine. “Oh hey Nixon. How are you? Do you have the Antidote yet? Because he have been waiting for it for some time now.” Nixon was so shocked that he had to sit down to be able to process all of this. And Lilian, she was sitting there as if nothing had happened. As if she did not want revenge. As if she was not angry in any way or form. “Sit down Nixon we need to talk.” Said Mr. Depp. “I am sure that you heard our talk before. The one that we pretended to sell you away. Remember?” remember? Nixon had memorized that talk. “Well it was all just a trick that Lilian came up with to give you inspiration and the power to achieve your goal.” Lilian was shaking her head. “And as you can see, we are ready for takeoff. Just a few more adjustments and we will be able to sale to Earth on our own home. Isn’t his awesome.” Nixon was speechless. How could he trust them? But he had no other choice. But he decided to keep the antidote with him at all time until they actually reach Earth. He still had no idea of how the house was going to escape the peacekeepers and their ships and guns. He was frankly scared a bit of it but none of the Depps seemed to be worried. Mr. Depp said that they were waiting for the gravity shield t form around the house or something but Nixon wasn’t really paying attention. He was thinking of his father and how he was finally going to meet him. This was very exciting for him.  He would also get to meet his mother. He had tried to contact her but the communication would not get through. He really missed her. Just thinking about his parents and about the surface boosted his morals but it wasn’t enough to make him trust the Depps. He checked his pocket to make sure that the bottle was still in his pocket. And it was. He looked at the red fluid. He still could not believe that his thing could take down the Government and make humans free again. Guess knowledge was really power and that is the Government would not allow any communication to the Barracks. They did not want the people down there to know what was going on around the world. And that is what he would focus on when he got down there. He would use all of his power to create a society that would promote freedom of speech. He decided to help out his uncle but he could not find him anywhere. Elimy told him that he went to his office to gather the final things and get ready to leave. She also told him that he needed a code so the rockets would not blow them to pieces. So he was also going to trade his car for the code. Nixon was very surprised. He did not see his uncle as a person that would trade such a high value thing. But then it hit Nixon. What if he was right now telling the Supreme Leader of his plan? If they knew that he was listening to their conversation, they could have sent Lilian to record the procedure then pretended like they were just kidding while that was the truth and now they were going to sell him out. Panic hit Nixon. Suddenly a peacekeeper car stopped at the front of the house. Well Nixon had tried. But he knew that he was not going down without a fight so he ran to the yard and hid behind the waterfall. But he soon saw that it was only his uncle. Apparently after selling his car, he had used a peacekeeper to drop him off. He still did not trust his uncle. He had also lost his trust in Lilian to. For all he knew, an army of humanoids could be on their way to the house in order to arrest him. He decided to go to sleep. Maybe his father could help him somehow. So he went to his room, got in his bed and closed his. He instantly woke up. He was on the Ship. Guess he had actually slept and woken up and didn’t realize it. He went downstairs but no one was there. He checked everywhere but he still could not find them. He went outside and the streets seemed empty. No cars passing, no humans passing, as if the Ship was deserted. But how could have everyone left so fast without him knowing. He decided to take a walk to the Academy. Surly there would be people there. But that was empty too. The equipment and everything, including chairs and desks, were all dusty and they seemed as if they had not been used for a while. While searching around the Academy, a monitor caught his eye. It had been left on and now it was showing live feeds of the Earth. He decided to zoom and take a look at the Surface. This was one of the only places that one could see the Earth and it was usually locked and only special personnel were able to use it. As he zoomed down on Earth, he suddenly saw movement. And it wasn’t like an animal movement but it was a hovercar. There were hovercars down on Earth! As he searched and focused more, there were people on Earth! He used some other satellite feeds to try to locate if any cities existed and he found 10. There were 10 cities built on Earth. How could this have happened? Of course he was dreaming but why was he dreaming of what it seemed to be the future. His father had never given him dreams without any purpose and now he had to find it. He decided to take a walk outside. It seemed so lonely up here. He almost felt afraid of how alone he was. He wanted to wake up now. He even looked at the sky and screamed at his father to stop this dream and wake him up and nothing happened. He suddenly realized his father’s message. He was trying to show him that all of his hardships were not for nothing. His work will be able to free all of the humans but how was his father able to show him the future. That was what made Nixon think. How could father know about the future? “Because I am everywhere Nixon.” Nixon jumped and screamed. It was the sound of his father. This surely was a dream and his father was trying to show him that he should trust him. So Nixon started laughing. “You will soon understand that I am not who you think I am!” And that was it. Nixon woke up to the sound of jet engines.

It took Nixon a moment to realize what was happening. They were rising. He checked his pocket to make sure that the bottle was with him and it was. He went downstairs to see what was happening and he saw the strangest thing. Their house was full of people. Some he had seen come by the house and other were complete strangers. First he thought that he was in a dream but then he realized that well he did not have any idea of what was reality and what was not. He had been in so much dreams that this it, he coming to the Ship could have been a dream. He going to the Academy could be a dream. For all Nixon knew, he could be sleeping on his bed down in the Barracks. Although he had no way to justifying that this was real, he trusted his gut feeling that it was. And even if it wasn’t, what could he do. He had no other choice but to follow the story. He decided to find his uncle and he found him on the makeshift command center that was set up on the living room. Holographic displays covered all the books and instead there were showing the live images of the Ship and the Earth plus the statistics. “Oh here Nixon, let me introduce you to our captain. He is going to command this ship to Earth.” He then introduced Nixon to the commander. He looked very familiar. It seemed like he had seen him somewhere. Then it hit him. This was Bobby. Or at least some descendent of him. He had the same eyes and the face structure. His uncle then introduced to some of his other close friends. Most seemed to be Government workers. They also had brought their families so there were chit chat among the women and the children were playing in the yard. Nixon decided to find Lilian and he found her sitting outside in the same place staring at the sky. Nixon decided to not bother her. He decided to go back to his room but he was interrupted by his uncle’s speech. “Ok everyone. We are ready for takeoff. Please go to your assigned seats, strap your selves in, and enjoy the ride.” With this, chairs started appearing from the walls. People started to sit down and Nixon did the same but he was invited by his uncle to come and join him at the command center. With one swift motion of the hand, and invisible shield appeared around the house. Although the naked eye could not see it, his lens showed that there was an unpassable boundary. With his uncle doing to honors, he pushed the red button and the house was jerked up. Nixon still could not believe that they were using a house to escape. After the lift off, he could hear the alarms going off and peacekeeper cars were rushing towards their house and they even started shooting at them but nothing was able to penetrate the shield. Not even electromagnetic guns were able to penetrate it. Shield, which was now in the shape of a sphere around the house, was able to protect against the invisible shield that kept the oxygen inside the Ship. And they were finally outside of the Ship. They were at space, their destination, Earth. But that was not going to be easy. The Government had sent battle ships and they were just behind them. Some even had started shooting at them. But they all seemed to hesitate to shoot at all of their capacity. Nixon used his lens to access one of the cameras and saw that only one of the battle ships were attacking them and it was quickly taken down by the other ships! “Don not everyone. The ships are with us. They are going to protect us.” The seemed to get closer and closer to Earth. It was so beautiful. With its blue and white and green colors. All the other passengers seemed to being ok also. The other thing that was interesting to Nixon was that there was gravity in the house. It wasn’t spinning or anything so Nixon decided to have a talk with his uncle and hoped that with the help of his father, he would be able to figure all the this houses mysteries. As they got closer and closer to Earth, the shield started to appear. It started to get red and redder. This was when Nixon know that they were at the stratosphere. They were almost there. After they got through and actually entered the Earth’s atmosphere, people started clapping. Everyone seemed to be happy. His uncle came up to him and asked him for the bottle. Although Nixon still did not trust him, he gave it to him and his uncle, feeling Nixon’s uneasiness, asked him to help him. Nixon happily agreed and they both went to the yard. The house was still descending but it was not lost in the clouds. It was white everywhere. His uncle emptied the fluid in another contained which seemed weird to Nixon. He then went to the edge and dropped the contained. It went right through the shield. “Well by the time we get down to the ground, it fluid will hopefully cleanse the surface and make it habitable for us.” “So when will I get to meet my father?” asked Nixon. His uncle seemed to stutter a bit. He hesitated but he finally told Nixon the truth. “Nixon you father, my brother, died 10 years ago.” Nixon started laughing. This was definitely a dream. How could his father be dead? He had talked to him in his dream. Nixon then realized that his uncle might actually telling the truth. After all, when his father showed him the future, he had told him that he wasn’t what he expected. “Then, then how did he talk to me? He showed me things. He told me things.” “Before he was captured, he had created a Artificial Intelligence of his own mind. He had basically turned his mind into a computer. That is why he showed you future. That is how he is able to talk to you. He is practically everywhere.” Nixon was shocked. His world had been turned upside down a gain. Nixon looked down the edge. He could see the trees. He could see the water flowing. He could see the animals running around. This had to be a dream he though. But it seemed like every second, they were getting closer and closer until they finally reached the ground. It was a swift landing. They had landed in a meadow. There was streams of water around them. There were trees. There were animals around them. It was all so beautiful. The shield around them started to disappear. But no one was going outside. No one knew that if it was okay to go on the surface. But Nixon decided that he was going to be the first. He got close to the edge and stepped on the Surface.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.