the end game | Teen Ink

the end game

By NvrEnouff, spring valley, California
NvrEnouff, Spring Valley, California

death is not the greatest loss in life.
the greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live
norman cousins

Author's note:

farscape inspired me and a cupel of old animes that i use to watch

In his dark metallic room, Ares  heard a loud bang come from the bridge.    , Ares  yelled at the captain, “What happened captain?”
The captain yelled back, ”We were rammed by pirates!”
“So they are at it again,” Ares  commented. ”Well, let’s give them all we got.” A series of lights tore through the ship that had ramed them.
“Ares ,” the captain said, “Go check up on Eclipse.”
“Captain!” Ares  replied with a loud groan.
“Go,” said the captain with a snicker in his voice. So Ares  taking as long a he could, walked to where Eclipse probably was sleeping as the captain already knew that he was very skittish about girls because and he was a lot younger and smaller than most of the guys recruited into the military so the girls would fight over him also he did not know that girls were going to be like this. because he was from a village where the girls from the second they were born they were taken away, And one time he was kidnaped by a girl, she was the start of his fear of girls. when Ares  got to the end of the hallway he called out
“Eclipse are you there?” he was jumped on from above.”get off me!” Ares  yelled
“What's wrong,” Eclipse said, “ Afraid of the dark
“No,” Ares  stammered, “Just you”
A small amount time went by when the captain went down to check up on Ares , “He’s probably got himself tied up” the captain said to himself
“Help!” Ares  yelled
“Shhh,” Eclipse said, “we would not want to spoil the fun, now would we.”
the captain walked into the room, “Eclipse” he said, “Let him go”
“But captain” Eclipse said with a moan in her voice, “I still have not had any fun.”
“Now. I need to talk to him” the captain said
when aires was untied he walk over to the captain
“Thanks captain,” Ares  said.
“No problem” the captain said, “Call me Dean.”
“Well thanks Dean,” Ares  said with gratitude in his voice.”
"I still don’t get it You have so many girls all over you, and yet you don't like to interact with them,” Dean stated.
“It is because I was kidnaped by one of the girls at my bootcamp,” Ares  said. “There are no girls were I am from so when I was recruited I did not expect them to be so ruthless from my fathers description.”
“Well there are so few men left in the human race that girls tend to fight over them.” Dean stated, “it’s not their fault. it’s because men refused to let woman fight. The last war that we fought, we lost over ten billion men and that left the male population to be less than ten percent of the female population.”
“Thats a lot to take in.” Ares  said.
“So do you know why girls are taken away when they are young?” Dean said
    “No, why?” Ares  questeind
    “They are taken away to train for the military and otherwise.” Dean told him
    “What's the otherwise?” Ares  asked
    “I don’t know” said Dean “I am trying to find that out.”
“Go get some sleep and try not to get tied up again,” Dean said while laughing.
    “if I can,” Ares  said with a sigh.
later on that day Ares  woke up to some movement by his bedside before he could say anything a hand covered his mouth.
    “Shhh,” she whispered in his ear “I did not get my fun earlier today.”
    “please Eclipse,” Ares  said in a hushed voice, “Don’t do this.”
    “why not,” she said with gred
    “Because it is not right!,” Ares  stated, “ Don't you have to have permission to do it.”
    That little it you keep hearing is there code word for gambling and the captain does not approve of gambling so Ares  tries to keep a lid on it, but Eclipse absolutely tries her best to rip the lid off.
    “Fine just this once,” Ares  stated, “and no more.”
so the night wore on as Ares  won card game after card game.
    “Ares  you're cheating!” Eclipse said with a groan
    “I am just better than you” Ares  stated with his tongue sticking out
he was more at ease when Eclipse was not pinning him to the ground.
    “One more game,” Eclipse said
    “Fine and please dont try to bet you're clothes I told you that you can’t” Ares  stated
    “What else am I supposed to bet you have the rest of my stuff,” Eclipse stated
    “Well you could bet nothing,” Ares  said
    “But thats no fun” Eclipse said
"I hear footsteps,” Ares  said. “Quickly get on the bed and pretend to sleep.”

When Ares  woke up he found Eclipse next to him then he remembered last night when they were playing cards then he remembered something from when he heard the footsteps
“What did I just invite her in to my bed,” Ares  said panicked. “No,” he said to himself, “ I just did it so we would not get in to trouble thats all.”
he laughed nervously. when he had moved and tried to get out of the bed Eclipse was holding on to him and he could not move without waking her, then she squeezed tighter and thats when he realized that she was awake.
“Eclipse let go of me,” Ares  said in a hushed voice.
“No, not in till I win a game of cards,” Eclipse said.
so Ares  played a game of card and let her win and gave back all of her stuff.
“I can finally get to go to the galley and get something to eat,” Ares  said to himself.
as Ares   was walking he overheard someone talk in a hushed voice
“how come eclipse has him all to herself,” girl one said
“I think we should kidnap him and keep him all to ourselves ,” girl two commented in a giddy voice
in a hurry to get out of the area Ares  tripped over some supply boxes and the two girls came out Ares  hurriedly got up and ran.
“Do you think that he heard,” girl one whispered
“Probably,” girl two replied“we were so close, hopefully he does nothing about it.”
“Well this is great I have more girls after me” Ares  said to himself,  “Might as well get something to eat, what is that smell, it smells like meat.”
“hey Ares  what's up,” Eclipse said.
“jesus you scared me, and what’s up, you are.” Ares  said with a hint of sarcasm
while Eclipse was getting down Ares  got in line
“wow they have real eggs and bacon, I thought only they fake stuff that lasts for ever was only allowed on,” Ares  said with admiration.
“well cap slipped this on to remind us of home.” a soldier Said
“Well considering that the earth republike reliance has over five thousand planets under its control, we have a lot of homes,” Ares  said
“You can say that again,” Eclipse said
Ares  grabbed his food and walked over to one of the hovering tables
“So what are you going to do today?” Ares  said
“I am gonna supervise the team repairing the rammed hull,” Eclipse replied back, “What are you doing”.
“guiding the ship as all ways,” Ares  said somberly
“we are on a leviathan it has a mind of its own” Eclipse said
(if you are wondering what a leviathan is,  it was during an experiment to create artificial intelligence, a mouse got into the lab and fell into chemicals to make the artificial intelligence. the chemicals transformed the mouse and changed its genes it became ship like and grew fast. at first it was called a live ship and then because of all of the stories about live ships called leviathan they renamed it to leviathan. because a leviathan  is alive it can support itself. It does not need fuel, the leviathan absorbed solar radiation and turns it into a useable fuel source.)
“I should get to my job,” Ares  said.
“Me to,” eclipse replied.
thankfully the captain left Ares  to do the job alone without the rest of the girls on the crew to bother him he could concentrate on navigating the ship. When it was lunch time one of the crew members came up to bring him his lunch.
“hello is anyone there,” a girl said.
“come on up” Ares  said
his heart did a little jump when he realized that it was eclipse.
“Sso wwhats for llunch,” Ares  stutterd
“we have some compressed protein bars and some green water.”
“cool” Ares  replied, “how did the hull repair go.”
“Great” Replied Eclipse, "I even got the crew to reinforce the hull.”
“nice.” Ares  commented
“how is the guiding of the ship going,” Eclipse said
“great,” Ares  replied, “how comes I only ever see men pilot leviathans”.
“well it because men have a better connection to leviathans physically and mentally than women do,” Eclipse replied.
"I never knew that,”Ares  commented.
“how did you not know about that,” Eclipse replied.
"I was rushed through military school. Ares  said
“well most guys are rushed through training” eclipse replied
bang
A massive explosion came from the brig
“Didn't the captain say that we were carrying extremely dangerous cargo on board,”Ares  said
“yup one of the most wanted criminals in the universe know for killing any man on sight,” Eclipse said
“what next a giant only man eating fly trap,”Ares  said sarcastically
“thats next stop” Eclipse said

“hey Ares  what's up,” Eclipse said.
“You can say that again,” Eclipse said
“I should get to my job,” Ares  said.
“Me to,” eclipse replied.
“hello is anyone there,” a girl said.
“come on up” Ares  said
“Sso wwhats for llunch,” Ares  stutterd
“nice.” Ares  commented
"I never knew that,”Ares  commented.
bang
A massive explosion came from the brig
“thats next stop” Eclipse said

a loud bang came from in front of the lockers.
    "I smell a man but were he be hiding,” said a voice
    “lets check the lockers”  commented a higher pitched voice
    “the captain said if we get the other man we can have him all to ourselves,” said deeper voice
    the lockers open one by one and closed with a loud bang.
    Ares  took a peek outside and saw that it was the girls who were planning on kidnaping him and keeping him all to themselves.
one had a dent in her skull, the one other had something stuck to her neck, and the last one was big and brony.
    “what do we do now!” aires whispered
“there is a vent above this locker, if I use my tool belt lasore I will be able to cut through the cover and have you escape,” eclipse said
“and what will happen to you,” Ares  said
“they will find me and not you,” eclipse replied
“what will they do to you,” Ares  said
“nothing I am a girl,” eclipse replied
when eclipse had removed the panel from the ceiling Ares  climbed through and she replaced the panel
“now get going before they find me,” eclipse said
“ill be back to get you when this is all over,” Ares  said
Ares  crawled along further into the vent and soon enough he found himself in a escape pod (aka)(baby leviathan)
“yes I can use this to draw them away from the ship,” aires said
a loud hiss came from behind when he released the pod
“leviathan hook me up to you're controls,” Ares  said
the leviathan beeped in response a long arm came out of the ceiling overhead and attached a device to his neck
“hello pilot,” the leviathan said
“wow you can communicate to,” Ares  said with surprise
“in a way,” said the leviathan, “ because you are hooked up to me you can understand my language, you can see what I see, and feel what I feel,” the leviathan explained
“thats amazing” Ares  said
"I can also use blueprints and other ships that are found all over the galaxy that you read to upgrade my self,” the leviathan said
"Wow this is a whole new world," Ares  said
“this part of my races abilities is unexplored according to my data logs,” the leviathan said
“do you have a name,” Ares  said
"I do but it is incomprehensible in your language,” the leviathan stated “so call me moya,”
“ok moya, so you're a girl,” Ares  said
“if that is what you call me,” moya said
“well we need to make a distraction,” Ares  said
“can do,” moya replied, “how big of a distraction.”
“big enough so they have enough time to get the ship back and running,” Ares  said
“commencing distraction,” moya stated, “destroying enemy flagship and then absorbing it.”
flashes of light hit the flagship’s bow
“now commencing exsorption of the ship” moya stated, “we now have ion cannons and other explosive projectiles at our command.”
“fire at the rest of the enemy's ships one by one. absorb the ships when safe.
one by one the ships exploded moya gaining more and more mass and more weapons.
“caption it seems the enemy has caught on to our distraction and are trying to hunt us down,” moya said, “ what do you advise.”
fire at them when necessary,” Ares  said
a few minutes after the fighting started a voice could be heard over the the intercom
“Ares  is that you piloting that leviathan all by yourself,” the captain said
“captain you're alive!” Ares  exclaimed
“yes surprisingly”the captain said
“moya fire on the enemy at will,” Ares  said
“moya,whose name is that. and what did I say about calling me captain,”dean said
“moya is the ships name,” Ares  said
“how do you know that?” dean questioned
"I may be connected to moya,” Ares  said
“whatever,” dean said
,“just keep them off us long enough, so we can absorb the debris to repair the hull.”
“yes sir,” Ares  said ,” moya destroy them all.”
thousands of explosions could be seen for miles wide. each explosion shook the ship a little
as moya shot them down
“repairs complete, looks like we have a few new weapons as well,” dean said ,”fire at will.”
explosions looked like a mini sun when dean’s ship joined in. when the explosions stopped all that was left was a scrap heap the size of a small moon.
“so Ares  wanna split the scrap in half,” dean said
“sure, you get first pick,” Ares  said
"I don't understand your reasoning for letting him get first pick,” moya said
“it’s because his ship is more damaged and we have to watch out for eachother when grabbing scrap,” Ares  said
"I get it now,” moya replied,”it’s like when wild leviathans go to eat asteroids one leviathan will watch its back for comets.”
“it looks like leviathans are more like humans than we thought,” Ares  commented
“all done picking my scraps you turn,” dean said over the intercom
“roger that,”Ares  said
“commencing absorption,” moya said
“remember to keep some of the scrap for repairs,” Ares  said
as moya absorbed the scrap the grew massive. she was now bigger than the ship she came from.
“dang how much fire power did we get from that,” Ares  said
“enough to destroy a solar system,” moya said
“so lets continue with our delivery,” dean said,” and is sent you over an assistant,”
"I am back,” eclipse said,” this ship is huge,”
“yup and her name is moya,” Ares  said
“Ares  can we dump her overboard,” moya said
“no unfortunately not,” Ares  replied with a sigh,”not right now at least.”
“so we are we off to cap,” Ares  said
“sector 13,” dean replied
“moya set course for sector 13,” Ares  said “ what in sector 13 anyway.”
“its home to the humanoid trees called the Aborn,” moya said
“so what are we dropping off,”Ares  said
“that is confidential,” dean said
“please may it not be me,” Ares  thought
“finally we are here,” eclipse said
“can we dump her now,” moya said
“no not yet,” Ares  replied
“how about now,” moya commented
“you can dump her when we get into the atmosphere,” Ares  said
“really,” moya replied, "I can dump her.”
“no, that was sarcasm,” Ares
“what are you two talking about,” eclipse said
“nothing,” Ares  replied
“we were discussing our planes to dump you over board,” moya said, “but Ares  won't let me do it,”
“Ares ,” eclipse said
“hey moya why don't you take use down to the surface of the planet,” Ares  commented
“so can you tell us now  what we are dropping off,” Ares  told dean
“yes you can,” dean said we are dropping off a genetically enhanced sapling since their last one was destroyed in a war with us.”
“now descending to the planets surface,” moya said
the sounds of pressure gages clicking could be heard all throughout the ship.
“looks like our mission is done,” dean said, “lets go home.”
boom the ship was hit
“we're going down,” aries shouted
the sound of the ship hitting the ground could be heard for miles. not a single person survived the crash.