Cannibal Island | Teen Ink

Cannibal Island

October 27, 2014
By JasonSpencer, Stronghurst, Illinois
More by this author
JasonSpencer, Stronghurst, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Spencer S and I wrote this book in the seventh grade and we are now in eighth we decided it would be fun to get the book published. This book was originally a seventh grade project that my teacher Mrs.Chandler had us do.

 
Preferences
 
Preferences
 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences

 

That month that I endured on that terrible island was the most horrible danger, I've ever put myself through, and the horror it brought still brings me pain every time it crosses my mind.

As I awoke on the beautiful beach of the Bermuda island with the glare of the blistering sun shining in my face, I suddenly heard a shriek of despair in the distance. It sounded like a shriek from Stephanie.Then I saw Todd jump up off the ground and sprint towards the sound of his wife's screams. Todd almost tripped over the tree roots the covered the ground,but he just kept running as fast as he could.

I was dazed but I got up and followed him.

We ran for about a quarter of a mile and that's where we found Stephanie, and the bloody red body that laid next to her impaled on a piece of wreckage. The wound drew through the chest and crushed his spine on impact leaving him to die slowly and painfully. Stephanie was sitting half in the water and half in the gritty sand.

Then she saw Todd and cried, “Todd, Todd help me I want to go home. Her face was red as a tomato as she cried.
Todd then asked her, “ Who’s that next to you”?
She said, “ It’s Joe he, he helped me off the ship he’s,he’s DEAD”!

Then Stephanie started to cry. Over the course of that day we all found each other. Also we found that only five people survived the violent shipwreck, but there had to be more, there had to be!

The survivors were Captain Jarid Mactavish, Jacky Phawn the first mate, me Logan James,Stephanie and Todd White.
Stephanie had finally stopped crying when the sun started to set. We all laid down and watched the sun set. The purplish yellow color reflected off the oceans dark blue color. Then the breeze picked up with a small wind, then all the bad thing that happened went away. As we all dazed off, our worries put us to sleep and we were ready for the challenges of the next day, or so we thought

When I awoke, everyone was gone, It was just me. I was panicking and searching, then I saw Stephanie come out of the thick green jungle and she helped me up off the ground.

She then explained to me that everyone had heard screaming noises, and went to go check it out.

I asked her, “When did they go”?
She responded by saying, “Around dawn”.

I asked, “Why didn't they wake me up”?
“Because you were sound asleep, and they knew that you needed sleep”,she said.


Our conversation stopped there when Todd, Jacky and the Captain ran out of the thick brush, all out of breath and tired. They all plopped down onto the burning sand and tried to explain what they had saw.
Todd said, “Huh,huh village, people eating people”!
“Yeah its horrible”,said Jacky.
The crew came sprinting out of the thick jungle brush. But the Captain just sat there shaking his head and saying, “No, why us, why me.
The Captain knew that we were not going to be welcomed by the cannibal tribe. “We all knew we wouldn't be welcomed by the tribe.
That afternoon, we talked about exploring the island for water, food and wreckage from the ship. In the next week we encountered fresh water falls where we bathed since the first time since the shipwreck. We also found coconuts but they were not enough.So we looked for other fruits such as mango's.But the real discovery was finding the ships wreckage.
We found the survival bag filled with biscuits, two machetes, one back pack, water containers,matches.Also a fishing rod, one shotgun, one rifle, a tarp, compass, and a flare gun.
We then made a shelter on the east side of the island.The Captain figured out that the Bermudas magical properties messed up the compasses direction.
On the tenth day we were there we had a feast.We ate fish, biscuits and mango's. We celebrated not just for finding this food but for our survival.
This was a feast to us because we had been eating coconuts with no flavor for the last nine days.This feast sadly stirred up the native cannibals, we heard drumming and yelling.We all grabbed our weapons and ran for the water falls. As we ran through the thick forest we tripped over vines and tree roots and got a few scrapes but it sure was better that getting eaten by flesh hungry cannibals.
When we reached the light blue waterfall we all climbed behind it, and found a cave full of old painting on the cave walls.The pictures consisted of demons and sacrifices. The paintings were made with blood of sacrifices.But in the back of of cave stood a statue.Under this statute it said Q<}A:-|S. I translated it to Heacon it was in written in a mix of languages such as Aztec, German, Roman and Apache all these nations once invaded and had sacrificed people.
We hid the cave for about two long and boring hours.The cannibals searched the island the whole time.When we left the cave we heard screams. The cannibals left for there homes in disappointment, because they had been out for two hours searching for flesh, and had came back empty handed.
“We were lucky this time but the next may be even closer.” Said Logan “Those cannibals are vicious and the next time we encounter them it may be the last.” Then all of the sudden I heard screams. I made everybody be quiet. Then the rest of them heard it too.
The five of us ran through the jungle following the screams. After about ten minutes, we ended up at the village.There we saw Dianna and Bob being gutted alive. The guts spewed out of the couple and made Stephanie get sick. They saw the blood all over and then, they knew it was time to leave.
Bob and Dianna were a married couple that studied fish. They must have survived the shipwreck. Before we crashed Bob and Dianna were going to see if the Bermuda triangle had any mysterious fish and they had already discovered two different species.
Stephanie started to cry and whimper, Todd covered her mouth with his hand so the mourning was not heard by the cannibals.The Captain Mactavish and Jacky started to discuss safety issues.
I sat there on that hill and just was disgusted.These “animals” really loved killing and eating people. They ate people, and even worse they paint themselves with the blood of their victims. They don’t even understand how disgusting it is, because to them this is a normal life style.
Then a huge Black Widow spider crawled up Todd's leg, he screamed, slipped and fell down the hill, and broke his arm on a rock. Then he kept slipping and over the corner the cannibals started to come over towards Todd we tried getting him but the natives saw him and threw their spears. Todd didn't have time to get up with his broken arm and then, Todd was impaled three times by the cannibals spears. Todd’s blood splattered everywhere, he fell to his knees and bleed out right there on the ground.
Stephanie Screamed, “NNNNOOOOOOO”!
Jacky and captain MacTavish opened fire!Together they killed about seven or eight of the forty cannibals.Then we ran and didn't stop running until we hit the beach. I had to grab Stephanie so she wasn't left behind.We then heard war screams from the cannibals.
After a few hours of running and fighting, things started to calm down.Stephanie was in shock and wouldn't stop crying and she was really pale.None of us got sleep that night. So we took turns watching for the cannibals
The next morning, Stephanie explained to us what she had saw.
She said, “I saw a demon he had a tattoo of a symbol and was surrounded by hell fire.He had the symbol that we saw in the cave”! And he had a look of evil.
None of us believed her.We should have, or I wouldn't be the only one here.

We made a raft and sailed out behind the wreckage, and made an anchor out of a heavy rock. We took turns sleeping, because knowing this island you have to be ready for anything. In early dawn i woke the others to show them a large aqua blue snake like creature with large black eyes, swimming in the ocean. Stephanie's screams angered the serpents.The shriek of her scream sent goosebumps down my spine.The serpents broke the anchor trying to get to us. Then the serpent plopped down on the raft trying to chomp at us. No one was paying attention to Jacky, when she sacrificed herself to the serpents who all got a part of her. The two serpents got the legs, two got the arms and, one got the head, the one who seemed to be the leader got her body.
Captain Mactavish screamed. Everyone knew something was wrong because Mactavish is as emotionless as a robot.
Later I found why the captain screamed. I had pressured him to tell me what happened.
He said “ Jacky and I were in a secret relationship.”
I was the first and only one to ever know. We paddled the raft as the pool of blood and guts were carried away in the current. We used a piece of wreckage to paddle.
That day captain Mactavish explained what he saw in the mess of blood, guts,and salt water.
Jarid Mactavish said “ I saw the sign we saw in the cave.”
“ I saw that when...to...Todd...died.” Said Stephanie, as she started to cry.
Jarid Mactavish said that he saw a man with a brand of the sign surrounded by Hellfire. He had a sinister looking face that put me in shock.After we finished swimming from the raft we went back to the cave.

When we got back to the cave we were Shocked.

Jarid Mactavish felt a presence in the room in the cave. He went to the statue of Heacon. Jarid saw a small almost unnoticeable hatch at the perfect angle. He flipped the hatch and saw a small golden button.

“ Hey.” “ I found a button.”
“ What does it do said Stephanie.”
“ I don't know.” said Jarid
By then it was late afternoon. We took shifts watching for cannibals and slept till morning. In the morning we grabbed the weapons and hit the button.
The button led to a secret passage down under the cave. At the bottom of the tunnel was a golden room. In that room sat Heacon in his throne made of old victims. Heacon had a fire crown and had three red eyes and four arms. Also he had ram horns.
There were also three servants, there faces were heavily tattooed. They had bowls dripping with blood.
Heacon finally saw the group of three out of the corner of his eyes, and said, “Welcome” in his sinister voice.
Captain Mactavish shot two servants and I had Jackys rifle so I shot one.

Then the most daring thing happened when captain Mactavish charged Heacon and tried to stab Heacon with his machete. Heacon grabbed Jarids arm then it just snapped under his grip. Then Heacon reached inside of Jarids chest and pulled out his heart then he ate it as the blood was squirting out like a sprinkler, blood was all over.
I was frozen still until Stephanie started to scream. She tugged at my arm so we ran out of the room while I emptied my clip upon Heacon. But when my clip was emptying all the bullets went right through him.
We ran out of the cave and i heard a deafening scream Heacons scream calling for all his warriors. In a few minutes there would be spears flying and arrows whistling through the air.
“ Heacon has probably put a price on our heads.” Said Stephanie.
We ran to the raft grabbed our debris paddle and anchored ourselves in the sea. We knew a hiding place perfect from the serpents and the cannibals.
I had found a part of the ship still above water and had doors. We hid in there until we could not hear the screams and cries of the cannibals. We knew the cannibals wouldn't give up so we made a plan. I volunteered to sacrifice my soul to Heacon, as long as Stephanie went home safe.
Stephanie refused to let me sacrifice myself. She was a very stubborn person and argued her way to victory over me.
Stephanie said “ I would like to be with Todd for the rest of eternity.” “ While you can live happily with another person I would be betraying Todd.” I argued with her but, she put a gun to my head for the position of death. If I argued We both died if I stayed quiet she died I decided to be quiet but I wasn't going to be quiet when she sacrificed.

We offered this deal to Heacon but as him being a greedy (man thing that no one knows what is) he refused to resign unless half my body also went to “donations.”

As Stephanie said goodbye the servants sliced my body in half leaving me “bottomless.” The cannibals sliced me with their long “Furie” like talons then they stitched me up. as i left i was helped by a prisoner cannibal, and I saw the cannibals literally “eat me” and tear me to bits as the filled veins shattered with blood.

Some how Heacon made a near by search helicopter find me, on a raft in the middle of the ocean with a rifle in my hand.

The pilot had to climb down and literally carry me up the ladder to the helicopter booth. The booth had a medic to help make sure I didn't bleed or get an ways of infection. The pilot and medic asked what happened.

“There was a long story and a long way home.”

I will never forgive myself for the gruesome deaths of Stephanie,and Todd White, and Jacky and Jarid Mactavish. They all died in vain to reach a higher purpose but instead we all fell besides me. These past Months I have lost some of the best comrades in my life, they sacrificed themselves one after the other and yet I survived.

I will never forgive myself for letting Stephanie die instead of I. Stephanie lie's in heaven with Todd,Jacky,and Jarid while I live in a living hell on earth with regret, sorrow, and the losses of my greatest comrades,and though I don't think I will ever see Heacon again I know the battle will never be over.

“ I am Logan James and i’m the lone survivor of the Bermuda triangle.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.