TIME:Team from the Ages | Teen Ink

TIME:Team from the Ages

By Patrick Veto, Parker, Colorado
Patrick Veto, Parker, Colorado

Author's note:

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

This is the Story, of four people,born on the same world, but in their countries look like they are from different time eras, and different personalities. but their Personalities is what makes them a team, this is a story….About a team named T.I.M.E.

The story begins with a young man, walking around town, a little boy runs into him, and falls down, then the boy cries.
“Hey now, are you alright?” the man asked, he stood with his yellow eyes looking down at him.
“Yeah, are you a Monster Hunter?” he asked.
“Yup, I’m-” he was interrupted, when a scent came from the boy, it was the scent of a monster, the boy mutated, gew and turned into a hideous beast.
“Then….DIE”
the monster lunged at him. The man woke up, he was in a forest on a mountain. He woke up in a cold sweat. his sleeping bag covered in his sweat. the scent of fire’s smoke came abrew through him, the misty forest surrounding him. he hears nothing but the faint sound of the wind.
“Just a dream.” he thought. He then heard a scream, then a howl. He got up and grabbed his weapon, which he named, “Under the Mountain”, it was a sword that has a unique flare to it, it can change into 2 20 mm caliber, 4.17 inch barreled hand held pistols, with enough Firepower to kill the toughest of beast.He ran to the sound of the cry, it was a little girl running away from the monster of legends, the Terrible! no one alive has ever seen the beast and lived to tell the tale. He ran to the girl with inhuman speed. He picked her up and ran to the side of a rock.
“Stay here, you’ll be safe.” the man said,
“OK, who are you?” she asked.
“I’m Tyler Feng, and I’m a Monster Hunter” Tyler removed the cloak, his true appearance is incredible. He looked like he was in his early 20’s, his wings unfold from his cloak, his reptilian like ears peer out and stand at the ready. his dragon like tail swinging around, his eyes shined like melted gold over a smelter. his pupils like slits, his claws shone as silver does to the pale moonlight, his teeth looked as if they were daggers, as the foe charged at him for ruining his meal. Tyler then charged at the beast with the sword in hand, The Terrible chomped at Tyler, but he was too quick, he sliced the beast eye, the Terrible roared and lunged at him again, Tyler dodged, then he stabbed the beast, the blade dug deep into the hide of the beast, his sword transformed into the pistol in the beast and shot. Guts flew everywhere, as the beast disappeared. Tyler looked at the girl. she ran up and hugged him tightly.
“Thank You Dragon Man!” She shouted.
“You’re welcome.” Tyler said,in a slight confusion, he thought to himself ‘Dragon Man?’ “Now, Lets get you home” Tyler said as he gave her a piggyback ride as he flew through the sky. He landed in a small town, a mother is looking everywhere for someone.
“MOMMY!” The girl shouted.
“Suzy! You’re safe! Thank God” she looked at her savior, and was repulsed. “Get away from my Little Angel you Demon! Devil! MONSTER!” the mother shouted. Suzy looked confused, she looked at Tyler, but he was gone.
“He saved me from a really scary monster. he is a monster hunter.” Suzy said.
“The Monster who hunts his own kind….The Lonely King” the mother said. “I had not recognize him, Forgive me and this town, Tyler the Magnificent!”
“DO YOU THINK FLATTERY WILL KEEP YOUR PEOPLE LIVING?” a voice roared.
“Please!” Suzy cried
“You Live today, only for the Girl’s sake” Tyler said. he flew off. as the sound of wind rushed through the town. Suzy stood there, wondering,’will I see him again?’ As Tyler stood at the top of a mountain. He then flies off, to the ship of his bride to be.

The next part of our story lies on a ship and her crew of Monster Hunters. the ship is sailing to the next port, to a town of Deblimonds. A town fueled by Piracy, and that’s just what they are. the sea spray flying through the air, nothing but sea for miles, the wind blowing like
“Now we are ready to sail for the Horn” The first mate starts singing “ Randy Dandy Oh”
“Way Hey Roll and go!” The rest of the crew joins
“Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh!”
“Heave a pawl, heave away,”
“Way Hey Roll and go!”
“The anchor's on board and the cable's all stored”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh!:
“Soon we'll be warping her out through the locks”
“Way Hey Roll and go!”
“Where the pretty young girls all come down in flocks.”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh”
“Heave a pawl, heave away,”
“Way Hey Roll and go!”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh! “
“Come breast the bar, bullies and heave her away”
“Way Hey Roll and go!”
“Soon we'll be rolling her ‘way down the bay.”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh!”
“Heave a pawl, heave away,”
“Way Hey Roll and go!”
“To me rollicking randy dandy, oh! “
“ Where’s the Captain?” one asked the first mate.
“She is in her quarters, tending to where we are going next.” he answered. in the captain’s quarters, the room full of tobacco smoke, we see a young woman, with a map opened, pipe in her mouth
“Where is he?” she thinks to herself. meanwhile, three crew members were planning to mutiny the captain.
“Are we going to do this?” one asked
“Yes, she has gotten us no where! This is why the sea is for men!” the leader of the mutiny responded. they run into the quarters, slamming the door through the hinges. and into the darkness of the room, which is full of smoke.
“Captain, Where are you, ya good for nothin’ bitch!” the leader said.
“sir I have a bad fe-” the crew member was thrown into the air, the others looked and saw that he was hung. carved in him was YOU’RE NEXT! The others run out of there, not before the next crew member was dragged back into the darkness. screams of horror could be heard.the leader was left, he ran on to the docks, where he ran into the captain,
“C-captain Isabelle!” he shouted. Isabelle Pose, she was only 19 and yet she is a fearsome female pirate,she stood there, looking down, her long, black leather coat flowing in the wind along with her Blood red hair. her eye, the same color as the sea, made her look innocent, but in reality, she was as cold hearted as the next Pirate. her skin was almost as pale as the moonlight, but her clothes made her seem like the Devil’s bride, her pipe in her right hand, which was like a robotic squid’s tentacle, and a hook for the left. her hook, which was her weapon, that could change into a pistol and deadly cutlass, which she named “Devil of the Sea”
“Well, Mr. Grandoff, how are you this night?” she asked, her smile like a wolfish-grin.
“F-f-f-fine, ma’am. I’d like to report a mutiny!” he said, reaching for his gun
“Oh, now, we can’t have that now can we, darling?” she looked in her quarters, the from the smoke, came Tyler, The Dragon,
“Oh no, we can’t, my dear.” he said with a smile that would make even the toughest of sailors skin crawl. “what is the penalty of mutiny Isabelle?”
“ I know it too well, it is…” she said as Tyler removed his cloak and grabbed a rope. “HANGED!” he wrapped the rope around Grandoff’s throat and flew to the highest point of the sails, Isabelle jumped and followed him, as Grandoff screamed, the crew woke up and ran up to the deck. they all looked up and saw Grandoff hung with the word, painted in blood, LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKE! They looked at the hanging body and ran to get to work, Isabelle looked at Tyler,
“Do you really have to go so soon, I’ve missed you, and I got something special to wear.” she said, as the sea temptress looked at him seductively, but the Dragon was not moved.
“Yes I have to, The others have called my name, I have to respond to the cries.” Tyler said he gave her a kiss on the lips and then flew off. Trying to collect his gears and wind down.

The third part of our story begins in a town run completely on steam. Town name is “Clocksenberg” a town made from gears, bronze and springs, a workshop called “Gears-N-Stuff” was a shopkeeper named Michael Stemas, he was in his late 20’s, he was also a monster hunter, his weapon is a giant gear like mace named, “Gear’s Death” it could grind monsters into the ground and shoot out a giant burst of deadly steam. He was working on a new clock, which was based on his team, consisting of Tyler Feng, Isabelle Pose, himself and another pedestal but he could not find the figure.
“Blast it all, where is he?” he shouted in frustration, he got on his hands and knees, looking for the figure, when he heard the doorbell go off
“Excuse me?” the woman said as she walked in.
“Yes-OUCH! DAMMIT!” Michael shouted as he got up, he was under a table that he was working on.
“Are you the owner of this shop?” she asked
“Yes ma’am, welcome to Gears-n-Stuff, we make clocks, and weres, to get you everywhere!” Michael said with enthusiasm, it was his first customer all day.
“I’d like to buy a clock please.” she said. “my father is dying and-” she was interrupted, when Michael said
“No worries, I think I have just the clock, lets see…..no….mmmm…..nope” he was looking for that special clock, he could tell the person’s personality before he knew them. then he saw, the little timepiece, it was not much, but it was special, it was a timepiece that could stay on for ever, until the person passes. “Here we are!”
“this is unique, I think he’ll love it!” she said, “what does it do?”
“This timepiece can go on forever until the person it is given to passes. the it wraps it’s chain around the person’s hand, and his soul is transferred into the piece, so it lives on” Michael explained to her.
“Tha-that sound like magic! how did you?” she asked
“It’s something I learned from my old man. before he passed.” Michael responded. the doorbell rang again as men entered the store.
“Yes, can I-” he looked at them and gave them the nastiest look. “help, you…” he was reaching for Gear’s Death.
“yeah, we’ll take everything, and no one move or we’ll blast your f*ing heads off!” the men threatened.
“okay, let me get my father…” Michael said, the woman was scared, and yet confused, she heard him say that his father passed, but then she remembered the timepiece,
“the timepiece can absorb the person’s soul, so the can live forever.” she remembered him saying, then, a giant gear launched at the men, they crashed through the door, as they got up, they saw Michael reeling up his chain, while he was in a steampunk like outfit, his bronze goggles over his copper hair, his eyes looked like the embers of a smelter, this hat had two gears sticking out of the side and top, His cloak looked as if he was a ringmaster. the colors of his uniform where copper, bronze and red. he smiled and said,
“now then, I think it is time, I’d remember how to fight,” Michael said as he dusted off Gear’s Death.
“What the f is going on!” one of the men shouted. the gear launched at him and blood splattered everywhere, the last man looked at Michael, and ran in the opposite direction. Michael looked at Gear’s Death and asked it,
“Ready father?” as he threw it and it tracked the man down, killing him from the impact of the gigantic gear.Michael wiped off his weapon, as it turned into the timepiece he had around his belt. he turned around and walked up to the woman. “sorry about that, now, for that it will be free, since you’ve been through all that.” he said with a smile. she thanked him, and she walked off, with a little haste. Michale then returned to his work and then heard the door open.
“Tyler “Sky” Feng, it’s been far too long, to what do I owe the honor to such a personal appearance?” asked Michael.
“ Cut the shit, Mike, you know why I’m here” shouted Tyler “ the team needs you, and I’m here to get you”
“I’m not going, I have changed my life, I’m done fighting” shouted Michael.
“Those robbers said otherwise.” said Tyler. “I know you Michael, You want revenge for your father. that’s why you made Gear’s Death.”
“I...I guess You’re right. fine, I’ll go, Just let me complete my clock, where is that figure,” said Michael.
“You mean Edward?” said Tyler, holding a little wooden figure in the shape of their team mate.
“THERE HE IS! Alright and…. there! just let me gather my things and lock up shop, then we can go.” he said. as Tyler teleported Michael to the ship of Isabelle, Tyler flew off, sensing the presence of time fluctuations, knowing that Edward was here.

The final part of the story, in a city that has been dead for centuries. Time has taken it toll on the little city, the plant life has destroyed the area, the scent of mold fills the air, not a soul for miles, but only one man moves in the death filled city. a man named Edward Timus. he was in his mid 20’s, his skin looked as if he took years in pure darkness. his purple eyes and pure white hair shined like the newly fallen snow of Christmas he wore a blue sports jacket, khakis, glasses and red vans. he hears a scream of a girl, and rushes in to help her. he spots her, she is in tattered clothes, and covered from head to toe in dirt and grime.
“Now,now there, love” he said in a gentle voice, “lets dry those crocodile tears” he hands her his pocket square to dry off her tears. “Now, what seems to be the problem?”
“M-my daddy and mommy! I was taken away from them, I was looking at pretty angel statues and then, I looked away, and I was here! WAHHH! MOMMY! DADDY!” she cried out.
“these angels, did they look human?” Edward asked, looking around with hesitation
“Yes, they were painted like humans, and had really pretty eyes” she answered.
“get inside, now!” he asked her, she ran into the building, as she saw him unsheathed his blade, it was a futuristic like blade, looked like a flashlight but the turned into a laser sword. he called it, “Time’s Lord” he looked around and heard singing of women, like angels from heaven. they were singing Clair de Lune, by Paul Verlaine. the beauty of the music brought the girl out from the building
“NO! STOP!” Edward shouted, but it was too late, the angels gave out their beauteous look and revealed a grotesque face,the beautiful angels transformed into a giant, bat like human, whose face was like a giant insect, their giant bat like wings burst from their backs, the girl screamed in terror as she was ripped to pieces, her flesh being ripped from her bone as the angels feasted on the young one.
“I am so sorry, Truly I am.” he said, in a mellotone voice, his tears falling on to the ground. and disappearing on to the concrete. he ran up to one of the angels and sliced one of them in two. The others shouted at him, who then started to sing again, he was starting to get ensnared in the trap, but then the angel’s song was cut short, when Tyler, Isabelle and Michael sliced up one of the angels, they let out a scream in anger, Tyler let out a loud roar, the angels were silenced
“Eddy baby, you’ve been misbehaving” Isabelle said, Edward looked relieved to see his team. “If you behave yourself, we might go and stop to get some candy, now lets go f their shit up.”
Tyler took off his cloak, revealing his dragon like characteristics, he lunges at the angels,
“Restrictions in 3...2...1...RELEASE!” he said in an evil demonic voice, as he took his pistols from his blade, then shot one of the leaders of the angels in the eyes and the mouth. Isabelle wrapped one of the angels in her tentacle hand and brought it to her, she kissed the angel on the head, and sliced the angel’s throat, blood spewing out from her mouth and throat.
“Hope there is no hard feeling landlubber.” she said over the corpse, as she spat on the corpse. and she reaches for her flask, which is full of rum, and her smoking pipe. Michael threw Gear’s Death at one of the angel, it wrapped around it, as it squeezes around it, he brings it closer to him before saying,
“Say hi to the creator for me” he said in an vilnius voice. He pulled a trigger, which then opened the gears, and it went over the angel, he released the trigger, and the gears closed over the angel, blood splattered over Michael and the ground, Edward charged at the last angel, the one who ate the girl first, Time’s Lord transformed into a ray gun, which he shot at the angel, it only got it’s bat like wings as it screamed in agony, as the angel rushed and clawed at Edward, his eye now bearing a scar, he then shouted at the beast
“You dare lay a hand on me! I am the controller of time, it bends to me! And me alone!” he shouted as Time’s Lord then released a time gear,there are two items that he uses, the time gear is one of them, a time gear is the most unique and powerful weapon round, it can either speed up, slow, continue or stop time, there are four of them all together, and he has all four. the one he called out was written in latin, tempore statur, which means ,stop time, he froze the angel and walked up to it, he then said to it in a cold, unfeeling voice
“Well, I’ll see you in hell, you goddamn monster,” he then sliced it into pieces, then called out a time gear that had written on it tum satus, which means, start time, the angel fell to pieces, only leaving a heart shaped locket, Edward opened the locket to see a photo of the girl and her parents, he shed a tear, then walked to the dismembered corpse of the girl, who looked like she was at peace. he put the locket in her hands, or what was left of them,
“Tyler, can we have a funeral for this poor girl?” Edward asked
“Yes, she was a youngling, and did not deserve to die,” Tyler said. “Isabelle, get the crew, have them dig a hole and prepare a song for the burial. Michael, get a gravestone ready for the girl.” Isabelle and Michael gave out his orders, the crew dug her the grave, Michael carved a gravestone,
“What was her name?” he asked Edward
“Heh, come to think of it, we haven’t introduced ourselves to each other” said Edward.
Michael carved in the years 2XXX-30XX, the members of Isabelle’s crew prepared the body for burial, once it was ready, the corpse was laid into the hole, Tyler started singing
“ Oh, Misty eye of the mountain, Below.” he sang “I See Fire”
“ Keep careful watch of my sister’s soul”
“And should the sky be filled with, fire and smoke”
“Keep watching over Durin’s sons”
The body was buried over in a little field filled with flowers, she wore flower hair pin in her hair, Michael placed the grave on the dugged pile of dirt. Edward shed a few tears, Tyler was comforting Isabelle, Michael was standing, with tears in his eyes, the crew had already left to the ship, leaving the team to the grave.
“Michael...I’m sorry, we got here late,” said tyler in a comforting voice
“I know, but...I could have saved her, if only I got to her faster.” Edward said, in a low, saddened voice
“Come back to the ship darling, we have prepared a meal for you.” Isabelle said to him. Edward followed them, only to see in the corner of his eye, the spirit of the girl,
“I forgive you, Edward, You need not worry for me now, my mommy and daddy are waiting for me.” she said as she disappeared in a veil of white light. Edward was happy, and shed a tear as he walked with his team, Tyler sensed the child’s spirit had gone in peace, and flew off to the ship, leaving the others in the dust.
“HEY! SCALEY BASTARD! GET BACK HERE AND PICK US UP!” Shouted Isabelle as she ran after Tyler.
“Ha! I feel sorry for the dragon when he runs into her.” said Michael, as they heard screams and then a lot of gunfire from both Under The Mountain and Serpent of The Seas. Once Michael and Edward got to the sight of the sounds, they saw Tyler and Isabelle fighting.
“Baby I’m sorry!” Tyler said in an apologetic voice
“You just left us in the goddamn dust! you did not f*ing forget!” she shouted.
“Hey!” Michael grabbed both their heads and knocked them together. “Quit the fighting”
“WHAT THE F WAS THAT FOR!” they said in utisene. blood dripping from their faces.
“I missed the team” Edward laughed. As they walked back to the ship together, Tyler leading, Isabelle following, then Michael and Edward.

The team has been introduced, now the story begins,

END PROLOGUE
.

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences