Secrets of the Unknown | Teen Ink

Secrets of the Unknown

By hotchicky101 PLATINUM, Muskego, Wisconsin
hotchicky101 PLATINUM, Muskego, Wisconsin

KILL BEFORE I OPEN DIE BEFORE I WAKE NEVER HAVE POSSESIONS NEVER MAKE MISTAKES

love is like sour patch kids... SWEET... SOUR... GONE!

My love for you is bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me.

Author's note:

my class

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

I was just a young girl with so many dreams, but one night everything changed. My family and I went to France to go visit what was left of a castle that belonged to a queen and her daughter, who was an artist. As we entered the castle, it didn’t feel like we were alone, I felt like we were being watched. The more objects in this castle I touched and saw, the more missing puzzle pieces I put together. Something here felt so wrong and out of place, the  more I thought to myself the harder the puzzle was.
In this castle many years ago there were multiple deaths, but there was only one who stayed alive and that was the queen’s daughter, Rose. No one knows what caused the deaths and that is why I am here to discover what happened many years ago. 

*****************************************************************************************************
I couldn’t sleep, all that was going through my head was what had happened to those people in this castle so long ago. I got up and walked around while everyone is asleep. Step by step, silence after silence, letting my fingers run up against the walls then out of nowhere was a door. I opened the door to find that it led upstairs. I went up the stairs it was so dusty and filled with drawings, there was also a twin bed with only a blanket and a pillow case filled with paper, and a round table. I looked around and found out that this room belonged to Rose. All of her art was so dark and depressing, it just seemed different compared to the art pieces that were shared at my school. I looked over my shoulder and saw a journal; I opened it and I realize that it belongs to Rose.
*******************************************************************************************************
January 12, 1820,
It was my sixteenth birthday tomorrow and it all seemed the same. Same people, same decorations, just another year. The only thing that was different compared to all the other birthdays of mine, was that I was supposed to choose someone to marry and I don’t even want this life. Everyone already thinks I’m selfish even though I don’t want this palace nor riches. My world around is closing in on me quickly, and I only have until tomorrow night to make everything change. I need to make my own decisions and make my own path to a better life but that will only happen if I run away. Before I spill all of my problems in this I better….
“Rose, Rose….. ROSE,” yelled Anabeth, the queen.
“Yes, your royal highness,” I responded in an annoyed tone.

“Rose, you need to be fitted into your dress for your ball tomorrow night, and what did I say about calling me that!”

“Sorry ma’am.” As I said those words I got up and walked with my mother to the fitting room. “PINK! REALLY YOU KNOW I HATE PINK!”

“I am truly sorry Princess, what color do you want?” said the tailor in terror.
“Black and Gold.” She got to work on my dress, even though I didn’t want one. She made it into a beautiful long v-neck, puffy arm dress, it was so breathtaking. Later that night I was drawing a picture of my life and my mother walked in and told me, ‘Rose, you need to stop drawing! You’re a princess not an artist. You need to learn how to control everyone so you can be the best queen there is after me.’ Gosh I hate how she treats me. I hope one day something bad happens to her.
I laid in my bed and looked around, something was happening to me I am not sure what it was, but evil and I love it.
Rose
January 13, 1820,
My birthday is today and lately everyone is telling me I smell like a rose_very funny because my name is Rose. NOT FUNNY! But anyways I still feel that evil in me and I’m ready to explode.
“Rose!” Annabeth calls out.
“Yes?”
“Come down here and join us.”
“Fine, I’ll be down in a few minutes”
-Rose
… I heard shuffling downstairs, so I set down the journal to go find out what it was. I walked down the stairs and I look around the hall, it’s colder than it was before, very strange. I headed to the room I was staying in and went to bed.
“Sweetie, wake up!” my mother shrieked scared half to death.
“Mmmm… Yes, Mom?”
“Why is there blood all over your hands!” my mother was freaking out and hyperventilating.
“Mom, there is no blood on m…” I looked at my hands and there was blood and I had no idea how. I got up and my mom was just staring at me. I just sat there thinking this isn’t my blood, so where did it come from and how did it get on my hands? I got up to trace back my steps, but I just didn’t remember what I even did. We all headed to the dining room to eat breakfast but for some odd reason my brother, Tom, didn’t show, which is very unlike him. My mother decided to go and check on Tom and that’s when this nightmare started. My mother was screaming as she walked into the room where Tom was staying in and my father and I rushed to see what was wrong, to find out Tom was viciously murdered. His internal organs were all over the bedroom and blood splattered all over the walls, it looked like an overly gory horror film, but it was in real life not in theaters.. My head was spinning not knowing how this happened, not knowing who did it.
Later that night I went back upstairs to keep reading Rose’s journal to learn more about her. As I opened the journal to the next page all there was a map to find a picture, which was pretty odd. I followed the map; it led me to a secret passageway. The secret passway was filled with dimmed lights with a narrow hall and lots of doors. I opened one of the doors and it led me somewhere. I thought it was a basement but it was a dungeon. I walked around and in the back were piles of bodies that decayed over the last few decades, It had a smell that you will never forget, it will never leave your nose or your brain.. It burns all the way down; your eyes will water, and each time you think of the smell your brain will recall it and you will smell it all over again. I hurried up and I turned around, I stopped in my tracks and found this horrifying drawing. It was the painting that the map was leading me to. The drawing was of the dead corpse laying on each other. I saw that one of the dead corpse was Queen Annabeth and the painting was signed off by Rose. I was so shocked that Rose would ever paint something like this. I opened the journal again to she what was after the map.
I WILL COME FOR REVENGE AND I WILL HAUNT FOREVER! NO ONE CAN EVER STOP ME! I WILL TAKE OVER ANYONE WHO READS THIS JOURNAL AND KILL EVERYONE WHO IS WITH YOU AND WHEN THAT’S ALL DONE THEN YOU WILL DIE AS WELL.
-ROSE
Right then I knew I killed Tom, but I was not in control. I had to let my parents know what is going on. I felt so alone right at this moment like no one can help me, like no one knows how to deal with this situation, but I need to figure a way to get Rose’s demon out of my body and somehow figure out how to turn her into a spirit and make her good as she once was. There must be a way, but what would that way be? I start to look for answers but nothing came to mind, so I gathered what I had and went back to my room. I tied my legs to the bed and handcuffed my arms to the bedpost to see if that would effect on how Rose controls me.
I fell asleep, I don’t remember a thing. My mom sitting right next to me, looking at me like I’m a monster and I don’t know why., I sit up with no restraint. I looked around and realized that i was out of the handcuffs and I wasn’t tied up anymore, I jumped up and asked my mom, “Where’s dad?”
“Your dad is dead,” my mother said cold heartedly.
“WHAT! How?”
“You,” my mother said with no emotion at all.
“No, that’s not true!”
“I’m sorry sweetie, but it is true.”
I ran out of the room crying, I didn’t know what to do. I started screaming, “DAD, DAD WHERE ARE YOU! YOU CAN’T BE DEAD, PLEASE ANSWER ME” I found my father’s body on the floor of the kitchen, I stood over him thinking, ‘How could I’.
My mother walks in and just holds back her tears. “sweetheart, I don’t know what’s going on, but you need some help.”
“Mom…” I tried to tell her why this is happening but i just can’t she will think I’m crazy.
“What is it?”
“Nevermind.” I slowly move away from my father and go back to my room. I picked up the journal and opened it up once more to see what was wrote on the next page.
I can never be stopped! You can try to stop me, but it will never work until your whole family is dead and you, yourself will be dead.
     -Rose
I put the journal down and I look for a separate piece of paper, a pen and a lighter. I write a letter to my mother telling her that I am sorry about killing my brother, Tom, and dad and that she can forgive me one day. I also tell her that I’m sorry for doing what you will soon see. Then I set the note on the bed and I take the lighter and set the journal on fire. I sit there and watch it burn. Once it was gone and turned to dust, I hung myself.
The castle was burnt to the ground ten years later. no one ever questioned why Rose was the only one who remained alive and what drove Emily insane to kill herself and family. That girl Emily was me.