Waiting For Darkness | Teen Ink

Waiting For Darkness

By Zannakay, Manteca, California
Zannakay, Manteca, California

"You can't stop beinq afraid just by pretendinq everythinq that scares you isn't there."

Summary:

Just as Celia Connor thought her life couldn't get any worse after getting kicked out of a kid's play barn for the third time, She thought wrong. Talk about a 'spoke to soon' moment. Now Celia is on a quest with mythical creatures that her mother use to read about when she was a child. The 'Beasts' that chase her on the way keep calling her Onye a bụrụ ọnụ. What does that even mean? Nobody will tell her what's going on once a handsome Skinwalker saves her life along with a beautiful, sparkling Wood Nymph. She must make it to their haven alive to see her family. But that's not all. There's so much more to it than just arriving at the one place everyone thought she would be safe. She must battle to save everyone she's every loved along with herself which will determine the fate of The Fae Kingdom. Will She be able to do this? Questioning herself gives her even more doubt especially when there is a huge distraction standing right in front of her. Now she just has another problem on her plate that's completely taking its toll. I'm just trying to advertise this story and I want to make sure it's worth the hard work of continuing and finishing. If not I am not going to waste my time. Read and tell me what you think! Thx)

Jay R.

Waiting For Darkness